00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Way of the Future

13,119 Views | 116 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 21:22:49

wow.. I never thought of it that way... makes me wonder now... awesome letter dude, rock on!

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 22:18:30

Thanks for the news .

BBS Signature

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 22:18:29

Ahhh cool

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 22:22:33

DUDE AMEN.
To: DUDE WRITIN DAT LETTER.
Your words inspire the uninspired. Keep it real my friend keep it real.

PEACE OUT

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 22:56:49

That e-mail really put into words the way I feel about newgrounds, it has exploded recently and really helped push me to start making my own. I'm glad everyone has an opportunity to enjoy the work of others and submit their own. Peace

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 23:12:52

It's really too bad that collaberation SUCKED...

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 23:28:30

Aye,tis did suck..

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 23:32:04

yeah.. that whole crying my heart out thing was f'n annoying.. why were they crying their hearts out for?? lighten up!

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-07 01:33:13

yeah,thats very inspiring,i make flash but im trying to make my flash thats just perfect enoguh for ng,like a ground breaker,kinda interactive movie where like you get to fight and negotion,like that kinda game,because my dream is to get underdog of the week,daily first plays and over a million hits...i bought flash 3 yeas ago and have been working with it since,im getting really good,een working on a tribute to ng interactive for 3 months now,should be done,im gonna submit my first ng work,but iv been working on the ground breaker for 2 years and its nearly done,maybe a couple of months,theres gonna be like a storyy line and you can pick,the adventure mode,rpg,movie etc...and its gonna be live,with gangs and gang wars,gun shops..gonna hire people in the game(being that its liveand since im the creator id pay tthem to run shops,ive them shifts,you can build a house,earn money,ive been testing it for about a week this summerand i dont think itd be much fun without live but so fat its good,i mean like having mafias and shit like that,it's gonna be awesome,and if i complete it with good enough grafics,and stuff like AH i ca maybe get it on a consle...well thats it sooo thanks for your time

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-07 02:04:02

At 6/6/05 08:06 PM, totoum wrote: so people you see: tom fulp does read his e-mails !

Also, that it was a Positive feedback :)

int experience, posts;

while(experience/10 >= posts)

{posts++};

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-07 02:09:08

Changing the face of animation? There are some good animations on here, but nothing cataclysmically industry changing.

*'self not excepted*

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-07 02:13:59

Without the Newgrounds community, I wouldn't have developed my skill enough to have won this glorious award:

http://www.rainbowanimations.com/awardbest.jpg

It's been special to be part of the NG community. That letter was right!

On another note, I didn't like Stop Cryin Your Heart Out, but the idea that artists can come together to create something is...interesting.

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-07 02:22:48

good mail

http://www.interstellarmarines.com/

the best AAA Indie game in the making, help the game by spreading the word! ;D

BBS Signature

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-07 03:29:51

Perhaps this letter could be some kind of source of inspiration for a new slogan for NG. That letter summed up exactly what Newgrounds is, so even:
Newgrounds - The way of the future
is a good start.

Nice to hear NG is receiving so much praise from people, and people are seeing that Newgrounds is a place where people can get new opportunities.

BBS Signature

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-07 04:59:32

That was a really nice e-mail he sent you, Tom.

Everything in that e-mail was true, except for the 'slacker' part, cause that would solely entail the entire works of the Star Syndicate.

This site to me really is my home, for a online community. This site is much more than just about games and movies, and audio. I can usually find out about stuff here in the world news faster than reading the newspaper because of intrepid users. Or what's current with Technology online through these news posts. Meeting new people, making friends.

This site really is one big family. Albeit a dysfunctional one, but one I am proud to belong to.

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-07 05:26:28

I deserve all credit for everything other people have done

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-07 05:40:46

That is awesome

Sorry. No EDIT button. :(

-Rommel

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-07 05:55:30

That was a cool e-mail.... however my flash isnt that good at all, as a matter of fact its always gets balmmed. But yes i can keep trying :D:D:D

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-07 06:31:56

I have been comeing to Newgrounds, for years, I'm not sure how long. I just know that it has been a very long time. I have been giving insparation to make a flash movie on several accounts, but never had the guts to submit any of them. For some reason I felt my work was never good enough to be posted, I'm working on a stop motion project using Gundum wing models, kinda like Knox's claymation, alas I feel I won't submit that either, but I just wanted to say that the words Walter Baumann ring true to my ears, I have watched Newgrounds grow over the years and have been very impressed that the "man" hasn't gotten ahold of it...and honestly I hope they never will. This is a place that has touched my heart as an artist and has insipired me, made me cry, laugh. You all know how I feel, I'm sure you can relate to my words. I don't offten post anything...just a fly on the wall like most who visit, but that e-mail said to me that, even if your a fly on the wall, your words of encouragement and advice are needed and wanted. Enough of me going on and on........d00die...

Malhara
The fly on the wall

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-07 07:56:31

cool email, and it reminded me of how important NG actually is to the flash community.

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-07 09:55:06

At 6/6/05 08:23 PM, C41 wrote: Sweet news Tom you know its people like you that I like always keeping everthing in order.

I like to like Wade keeps thing in order for the website.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-07 10:06:43

GROUP HUG!!! no fags allowed

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-07 11:25:23

hmm newgrounds has been growing alot...certainly a nice email to recive

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-07 13:34:17

I always looked at newgrounds like more of a suphisticated "free speech political critisizm effect" site then a "c00l gamez0rs site"

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-07 13:55:05

Yes, mediocre, crudely-animated cartoons are changing the face of animation, for sure. Flash "artists" come about a dime a dozen, & it's swell. Now everyone & their mother (& Jeff Weise!) can make crappy Flash "experiments" and then post them on Newgrounds to be blammed.

The best thing about "Stop Crying Your Heart Out" was the quote at the end, & it was only there for a split second. I read fast but even I barely caught it, & besides, they can't take credit for something that Walt Disney said anyhow. I don't see what's so monumental about a series of out-of-place characters. I know, let's get 3,000 people together to animate 1 frame each for a single two and one half minute movie. It will be better than dog shit.

I’m simply an anti-transcendentalist. Not that Newgrounds sucks, because it’s mostly cool, except for a few annoyances (nothing is perfect). Not that Flash MX isn't great, because it is revolutionary. Not that anything I make with Flash will be any better, because it won't be. But I will like it, as I'm sure that most of them like their own animations, & that's all that matters. Except Stamper. He doesn't like any of his old skool toons, which is crap. Tom Fulp doesn't like his old stuff either because he judges it based on today's fancy Flashes & advanced techniques. Even worse! Mr. Fulp, you are a visionary, start acting like it. Don't be arrogant but give yourself more credit at least. I doubt it will hinder your progress in making even better & better things. You will always be the legendary Tom Gulp in my eyes! But not even the legendary Tom Gulp or even Wade will read what I have to say, but maybe someone else will. And they will be pleased. And it will be good.

"What more could I say? I wouldn't be here today if the old skool didn't pave the way..."

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-07 13:56:10

Thats a very good letter to recive and hopefully we have revolutionised his life forever. I would also like to take this moment to say thanks to all the flash animators that have entertained me and will entertain me in years to come. Thank you Newgrounds!

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-07 15:50:56

when I saw this topic, the avator sprang to mind.

"The Way of the Future!" "The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!"

"hey boss, I think the leonardo decrapio bot is on loop again."

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-07 16:21:30

At 6/7/05 03:50 PM, death_maester_guada wrote: when I saw this topic, the avator sprang to mind.

"The Way of the Future!" "The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future!""The Way of the Future"

That's where I took it from... It's where I'm gonna end up. :)

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-07 16:24:26

At 6/7/05 01:55 PM, social_misfit wrote: Mr. Fulp, you are a visionary, start acting like it. Don't be arrogant but give yourself more credit at least. I doubt it will hinder your progress in making even better & better things. You will always be the legendary Tom Gulp in my eyes! But not even the legendary Tom Gulp or even Wade will read what I have to say, but maybe someone else will. And they will be pleased. And it will be good.

I know I rock... If I ever manage to post another project again, everyone else will see it too! :)

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-07 17:02:10

At 6/6/05 01:34 PM, cantprovenothin wrote: ...all I need is The Match at 4th and Cam Portal Escapades 8 in 5th. The ultimate top 5 =O)

Now that's someone who knows what he's talking about d(~.~)o

At 6/6/06 06:66 PM, Tom Fulp quoted Kyrren who wrote:

My name is Walter Baumann....

Kuddoz. Slackers, n00bs or artists, this is the place to be if you <3 to flash. And the place to be if you're interested in animation - what's cool about NG is that you can see all styles of art & the fact that only the audience has a say of what stays & how good something is - that's what makes this place so fucking awesome.