00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kingkavvvv just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Way of the Future

13,101 Views | 116 Replies
Respond to this Topic

The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 13:04:55

I have some news about artists who contribute to NG!

Rob Feldman, creator of the Dr. Shroud series, will be releasing a DVD for sale via the web on July 12th. You can pre-order a copy via his on-line store! Keep an eye on his website for more info!

Brook Burgess, producer of the Broken Saints series, has won the Producer of the Year award at the Canadian New Media Awards! He won for the Broken Saints DVD!

I received an email recently that I found inspiring, so I thought I would share it:

My name is Walter Baumann. I am a student at the University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh, and Newgrounds member "Kyrren". I have been patronizing your site since the summer of 2003. I became a member in February of this year. I always thought of Newgrounds as a nice fun "underground" website where people throw ideas at one another; with really sort of a small-town-ish sort of atmosphere. I knew there must be many thousands of members, but it always had a comfortable "we can all do it if we try" vibe to the flash and audio portals. If anyone tried hard enough, they could become good at Flash or making music.

As I sat, rating new portal entries, I decided to watch one of the Top 50 of all time that I hadn't yet seen. I generally keep up with them, but not always every single one. I was watching "Stop Crying Your Heart Out," it gave me pause. A "big picture" sort of concept hit me. And I realized it.

Newgrounds is changing the face of modern animation.

Wow.

I had always thought that this site was just a hangout for whoever wanted to make cartoons, but the truth of the matter is, there are world-renown artist (like Adam Phillips, for example). This whole site is full of not internet slackers, but creative and dedicated artists who willingly submit their creations to be consumed for free by the public.

All I wanted to say in this letter, is thank you for giving all these artists a place to express their ideas and emotions, and to get feedback from thousands of other like-minded contributors. People like you and the members of Newgrounds change the face of our entertainment industry, and ultimately, our culture and society.

Most Sincerely,

Walter Baumann

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 13:05:16

Rad!

^_^

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 13:07:32

At 6/6/05 01:04 PM, TomFulp wrote: Rob Feldman, creator of the Dr. Shroud series, will be releasing a DVD for sale via the web on July 12th.

OMG, same day as my birthday! :DVery nice choice of release date, well, for me. Thanks for that update Tom.

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 13:10:31

Wow, cool letter. I've realised that too, NG has been evolving a lot lately and there have been hundreds of top notch animations and games submitted every week.

:)

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 13:10:32

Tom makes topic titles sound like they're the new gateway to Heaven. lol

Merkd.com - It Pays to Play

Earn real money by betting and investing; or, sponsor, challenge, compete,

recruit, communicate, network, earn money playing games, and much more.

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 13:12:55

really cool to see some great artists on NG get the recognition they deserve.
thats a pretty cool thank you letter from him, kinda cool that some one going big time, thanking people that inspired him.
thats great! :)

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 13:12:35

wow man thats cool!

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 13:12:57

What a nice e-mail to recive. Thanks for the info Tom.

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 13:13:34

Certainly inspiring, that pretty much sums up how I feel too.

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 13:20:07

At 6/6/05 01:10 PM, BonusStage wrote: You know you didn't even read the article

Getting the first post is so important though, I've gotten it twice!

Merkd.com - It Pays to Play

Earn real money by betting and investing; or, sponsor, challenge, compete,

recruit, communicate, network, earn money playing games, and much more.

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 13:24:52

yeah, It seems like a lot of the artists are getting the hang of using DVDs.
At first I thought it was just illwillpress, I'd see people wearing Foamy T-shirts
and ask them what they think of Newgrounds, and they have never heard of it.

I didn't know about Dr. Shroud, i'll go watch them now.

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 13:33:20

Those kind of letters must make it all worth it when it comes to the day-to-day BS that goes with running this site.

I agree with that letter completely. :)

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 13:34:53

Yea that stop crying your eyes out movie is pretty cool. Colabs are always interesting.
And on another note my three fav movies on NG of all time just hit 1, 2 and 3 on the top 50 =O)
1. The Maxwell Edison Story
2. Dad's Home
3. Fallen Angel: Teaser
In the exact order I like them strangely enough, now all I need is The Match at 4th and Cam Portal Escapades 8 in 5th. The ultimate top 5 =O)
That guy said what we were all thinking top stuff fella. A second from all us less literate members, well fuckin done Tom and the NG team.

x

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 13:36:16

That is a very interesting email. Everyone wants free entertainment.. and newgrounds is the best place for that. It's a great place for anyone who is willing to try with flash to keep at it and keep improving.

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 13:37:36

Dude, I <3 Dr. Shroud. Those flashes were part of the reason I kept coming back to NG. Too awesome! Glad to see he's doing well, especially after so long between episodes. ^_^

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 13:41:08

At 6/6/05 01:04 PM, TomFulp wrote: My name is Walter Baumann..... Newgrounds is changing the face of modern animation.

You know, he is right. Over the months I've been here, I've seen flash become progressively better. But, as the site becomes increasingly popular, the bar will only be raised even more.

Heh, you might even see CGI, that of video games sometime in the near future.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 13:44:22

aww, isnt that touching.

couldnt agree more with this guy

BBS Signature

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 13:49:18

What a nice thing to say about you and NG.

Need help on beating Alkie Kong 2, brutal mode? click here.

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 13:53:00

At 6/6/05 01:04 PM, TomFulp wrote: I received an email recently that I found inspiring, so I thought I would share it:

My name is Walter Baumann.
This whole site is full of not internet slackers, but creative and dedicated artists who willingly submit their creations to be consumed for free by the public.

Could you possibly email him back, telling him to stop trying to steal my 'internet slacker' status? I'm very proud of it. Thanks Tom.

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 13:56:27

At 6/6/05 01:04 PM, TomFulp wrote: This whole site is full of not internet slackers, but creative and dedicated artists

For my part, I have to disagree strongly. Though I'm still dreaming about some day submitting some audio.

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 13:57:45

Looking good tom, seems like that little idea you had way back when has turned into something so much more and we are thankful for allowing us to enjoy the entertainment for many years and many more...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 14:07:27

I heard they're making a Broken Saints game! Another flash turned into a video game.

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 14:16:23

Wow.

Wow is right,
there are some amazing things happening in the portal these days...

Hopefully new talent wont get edged out as the bar keeps getting pushed up.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 14:27:21

This whole site is full of not internet slackers, but creative and dedicated artists who willingly submit their creations to be consumed for free by the public.

Wow. Just wow. I am not a flash artist, as I really do suck at animation, but I am a funny person, (Or so my friends say). I'm more of an ideas man, a writer if you will, but even I felt the emotion hit reading this. He's right, Newgrounds isn't just a slackers website, It's a community! We're all like a huge family! Sure we don't all get along and some of us are more talented than the younger ones but can you see it? We are the Newgrounds family! Don't just dismiss my idea, here me through. Take it in.

Kon-Foozed

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 14:33:33

I am a student at the University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh, and Newgrounds member "Kyrren".

I dont wanna hear from some fucking N00B! I am gonna search for this dudes profile and email him and totally rip on his ass.Didnt I make a thread saying Ng is changing the entire entertainment industry,and go into great detial? Ill be sure to link this.

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 14:40:36

G Tom,thanks for putting my ghey n00b post on teh front page. Yea it is changing the future,like w/ colors and stuff. O sorry,gotta go Osh Gosh B'Gosh college calls.

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 14:44:38

Wow. That was an amazing letter. And he summed up the idea behind Stop Crying Your Heart Out perfectly; to show what newgrounds was about.

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 14:56:29

Lets not forget that NGS is the brithplace of the Clock Crew AND The Locklegion, both Newgrounds exclusive groups of flash artists.

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 14:58:58

I think most of us already know that Newgrounds revolutionized media, the internet, and is probably the reason Flash is Macromedia's most successful product :)

I like how this guy doesn't acknowledge that Newgrounds started as a game site, or that Newgrounds has done alot for indie game artists, or contributed to the gaming medium.... :/

It's not all just about Adam Phillips ;)

I was never really here.

Response to The Way of the Future 2005-06-06 15:05:24

At 6/6/05 02:56 PM, Mp3_Lock wrote: Lets not forget that NGS is the brithplace of the Clock Crew AND The Locklegion, both Newgrounds exclusive groups of flash artists.

Actually LETS FORGET.

I was never really here.