Respond to this Topic
Glaiel-Gamer
Glaiel-Gamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Game Developer
Response to May You Vote 2005-06-06 15:45:47 Reply

7 days is too long, now I find out who won on my birthday.

gfoxcook
gfoxcook
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to May You Vote 2005-06-06 21:12:33 Reply

At 6/3/05 09:01 AM, mortalcoil wrote:
At 6/2/05 09:00 PM, gfoxclock wrote: Tom did the NumaGrounds April Fools this year instead of making a joke related to the flash voting.
Yes, i know.

What makes you think he'd ignore the opportunity to joke when the system was only 1 (or 2 months, depending on how you look at it) month old... if he was going to joke with it at all?
jonthomson understands what i was driving at, but apparently you don't.
It looks like you're reading more into my post than was actually written.
Whatever.

Dude, I got exactly what you were saying. You were saying that Tom could use the fact that voting starts on the 1st of every month to pull a big April Fool's Day prank in 2006 on April 1st... involving the voting. Kinda like jonthomson said, with authors/entries that don't actually deserve it as the nominees. That would be quite funny.

But all I was saying is that it might have worked THIS year, April 1st, 2005, when the voting system was only a month old and had only happened once (March 1st)... people wouldn't have expected it, and they weren't used to the system enough to be foolproof (so to speak). But IMO, by April 1st, 2006, there'll have been 13 votes already, and people will figure out that Tom's just pranking if he tried it then. IOW, I just feel that if he was going to pull a prank like that, it would have worked a whole lot better two months ago than it will in 10 months, and thus... it probably won't happen in 2006.

Or maybe that's what Tom's COUNTING on, eh? Heh.

Anyway, sorry for playing party pooper, but I did get what you were saying. Just feel it isn't going to work next year. Might have this year, but he went with Numagrounds instead. ;_; Ah well, I suppose teh Numa thing was topical. Couldn't wait for 2006 for that one... but he could have done both on the same day. Now that woulda been an April Fool's Day to remember. #;-}>

Moving right along...

My voting was delayed by my two day trip to Austin, but I've finally decided on what to vote for. As expected, the 8 movies and 4 games I mentioned in my post back on page 2 did INDEED figure into it:

At 6/2/05 04:07 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Movies: Tourette's Burglar, Star Wars Transitions, My Year With The Dragon, Girl meets Robot, Bunnykill 3-1, RAB 13, The Jedi Song, Star Warz thingie...

Games: Rumble Ball, Newgrounds Sim, Retronoid FS, Overrun II...

And those are the ones I'm thinking of NOW... Once I go through the nominees page thoroughly, I can probably add another 5 or 10 entries I really want to vote for to those... 8 movies and 4 games.

And that, of course, is so far... a total of... TWELVE! (sigh)

I ended up going with...

Rumble Ball (played that game more in the past month than I've played any NG game in years... it's simply awesome, as are the extra levels on the guy's website... I love his games, and Rumble Ball is simply the GREATEST of the three he's submitted to NG... I gave Orbox a 3rd place vote for March's vote... I gotta give Rumble Ball a 1st place vote this time around).

My Year with the Dragon (truly one of Marc M's finest works EVER... a great song, a great flash, pissed off a ton of homophobic reviewers... hilarity at its finest. It was very very tough to not give this a 1st place vote, but Rumble Ball was just that great a game... ;_;).

The Tourette's Burglar (3 3ast 3 3urious, by the same authors, got my 1st place vote back in March... and just as I went 3->1 with Orbox/RumbleBall, I must now go 1->3 with 3333/Tourette'sBurglar... a great, funny as hell, wonderous, repeat-worthy comedy).

Girl meets Robot (wonderful animation, good song by White Stripes I'd never heard before, and a sweet story and funny characters... just a great all-around short film).

OverrunII (it was only fitting that I give a vote to another game... this past month was chock-full of great games... it came down to NG Sim or Overrun II... as fun as NG Sim was, I A) knew it would be getting tons of votes already, and B) didn't enjoy it quite as much as I enjoyed teh shooter-genre OverrunII. So... sorry, Afro_Ninja, but Denvish won the battle of the "mod-created games" vote for gfox (though not overall, I'm sure... yer both winnars! HOORAY! #;-}>)).

Boy, that was a tough decision to make, I spent much of the evening coming to a decision on what to cut out... the above ordering wasn't so tough to come up with, but cutting the following flashes from my top 5 was excruciating:

Star Wars Transitions
Jedi Song
Star Warz thingie
Newgrounds Sim
Retronoid FS

:::wishes we could vote for top 10s sometimes... ah well:::

May You Vote

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // 2x10k PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Bahamut's List! a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature
D34M0N
D34M0N
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to May You Vote 2005-06-07 05:01:40 Reply

My top 5:

May You Vote

BBS Signature
pimpe-out
pimpe-out
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to May You Vote 2005-06-11 13:09:23 Reply

i wish i could have vote but o well

senior1
senior1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to May You Vote 2005-06-12 00:55:14 Reply

nono fhudcghidefhnjrkagfbjkc bn

rickyisthecraziest
rickyisthecraziest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to May You Vote 2005-06-19 23:11:33 Reply

i think crab battle should win it is one of the best flash movies that i ever saw.