New Topic Respond to this Topic
Dorphon
Dorphon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Quick Fruity Loops Tempo Question May. 18th, 2005 @ 05:32 PM Reply

I'm using FL Studio 5 and I was wondering if it's possible to adjust the tempo of one pattern without affecting any of the others?

Krank
Krank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Quick Fruity Loops Tempo Question May. 18th, 2005 @ 05:48 PM Reply

At 5/18/05 05:32 PM, Dorphon wrote: I'm using FL Studio 5 and I was wondering if it's possible to adjust the tempo of one pattern without affecting any of the others?

why would you want to ajust the tempo of just 1 pattern in the first place?

if its so that it can go faster without speeding up the rest of the song, double the tempo, and double the timing of each pattern. or go to master options for the song and change the steps per beat to 8 instead of 4

if its to change the tempo within the song, your going to have to live record tempo changes

to do this, select an unused pattern slot, and in the panel where you have play, stop and the ability to chose whether to play pattern or song, select the circle next to the square or stop botton. then set tempo to what you want it to be first. then play the song until you reach the part where you want the tempo change to occur(dont follow this step if you want a gradual change, if you want that look below) then stop it right where you want the tempo change to be, then change the tempo to what you want, then play until the end of the song. now, turn of live record by clicking the circle button, and play your song, the tempo change should occur where you changed it.

if you want a gradual change, dont stop the song where you want the tempo change, just change the tempo as the songs playing.

also, save your work before you do any live recording, becuase of you screw up you dont totaly screw up.

i hope that helped.

Gillenium
Gillenium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Quick Fruity Loops Tempo Question May. 18th, 2005 @ 05:48 PM Reply

I doubt it... I don't know why you'd want to either. If you want something that isn't on beat, then set the pattern allignment to (none) and you can put the sound wherever you want. If you want that to repeat, just copy it, set the allignment back to (line) and paste as many times as you want.

BBS Signature
Dorphon
Dorphon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Quick Fruity Loops Tempo Question May. 18th, 2005 @ 05:55 PM Reply

Well, when I usually compose with my keyboard, and when I have a niceish sounding organ riff, I'd like to quickly program a beat with maybe a slower tempo than the main organ riff instead of the default 140bmp but without having to go in depth with using the piano roll to create the beat (just use the step selector)

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Quick Fruity Loops Tempo Question May. 18th, 2005 @ 08:43 PM Reply

At 5/18/05 05:55 PM, Dorphon wrote: Well, when I usually compose with my keyboard, and when I have a niceish sounding organ riff, I'd like to quickly program a beat with maybe a slower tempo than the main organ riff instead of the default 140bmp but without having to go in depth with using the piano roll to create the beat (just use the step selector)

step 1 - make beat with desired tempo for beat

step 2 export as wav

step 3 make rest of song with different tempo

step 4 import wav into sequencer track and stretch note to fill entire song

voilda problem solved ^^

hope that helps!

Dorphon
Dorphon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Quick Fruity Loops Tempo Question May. 19th, 2005 @ 03:02 PM Reply

What happens if i'd want just the beat to gradually increase in tempo as it builds up to a climax? That's the type of situation I'd want to use the whole tempo change without affecting other patterns method... Or would I just have to program a separate beat pattern that's identical, just faster?

Krank
Krank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Quick Fruity Loops Tempo Question May. 19th, 2005 @ 03:20 PM Reply

At 5/19/05 03:02 PM, Dorphon wrote: What happens if i'd want just the beat to gradually increase in tempo as it builds up to a climax? That's the type of situation I'd want to use the whole tempo change without affecting other patterns method... Or would I just have to program a separate beat pattern that's identical, just faster?

dude read my above post, it explains how to do that

Dorphon
Dorphon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Quick Fruity Loops Tempo Question May. 19th, 2005 @ 03:45 PM Reply

When I record the tempo change, it changes the whole song, not just the single pattern :/

Dorphon
Dorphon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Quick Fruity Loops Tempo Question May. 19th, 2005 @ 03:51 PM Reply

Oh yes, also, I use my typing keyboard as a midi keyboard, but is there a place where I can see what each musical note the key on my keyboard will play? Like some keys don't have any function so it's quite tough to figure that out.

Dorphon
Dorphon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Quick Fruity Loops Tempo Question May. 21st, 2005 @ 08:28 AM Reply

"double the tempo, and double the timing of each pattern. or go to master options for the song and change the steps per beat to 8 instead of 4"

How do I do this?