Respond to this Topic
Afro-Ninja
Afro-Ninja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to April Award Winners May. 12th, 2005 @ 04:32 PM Reply

At 5/12/05 04:11 PM, BurstFilms wrote: It's definitely not what this contest stands for. It was an error in judgement on my part and I hope you don't think any less of me because of it.

It's cool man, I just wanted you to see where I was coming from

BBS Signature
BurstStudio
BurstStudio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Programmer
Response to April Award Winners May. 12th, 2005 @ 04:32 PM Reply

At 5/12/05 04:32 PM, Afro_Ninja wrote: It's cool man, I just wanted you to see where I was coming from

Yeah. I forgot the golden rule: "Think before you post". I'll be sending xGen come money as well.

Excel-Excel
Excel-Excel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to April Award Winners May. 12th, 2005 @ 04:39 PM Reply

At 5/12/05 04:32 PM, BurstFilms wrote: Yeah. I forgot the golden rule: "Think before you post". I'll be sending xGen come money as well.

Always the humanitarian.

BurstStudio
BurstStudio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Programmer
Response to April Award Winners May. 12th, 2005 @ 04:49 PM Reply

At 5/12/05 04:39 PM, Mercurius wrote: Always the humanitarian.

Wow. Long time no see ;)

Tranker
Tranker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to April Award Winners May. 12th, 2005 @ 06:33 PM Reply

Congrads

themuffinman1
themuffinman1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to April Award Winners May. 12th, 2005 @ 07:24 PM Reply

<IThe Red Ninja for XBOX

Congrats to all authors! Although I did hear that game wasn't that great, but hey better than nothing!

April Award Winners

hotdude321
hotdude321
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to April Award Winners May. 12th, 2005 @ 07:32 PM Reply

sweeeeeet man dissssssssssssssssss roxxxxxx so yeaaaah dis so rox whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lost-Legacy
Lost-Legacy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to April Award Winners May. 12th, 2005 @ 07:45 PM Reply

Las Adventuras de Mr. Coo was awesome
but then again the MRM was well done also
S Demolition Squid kicked the whole portal's ass it should've won hands down

EvilMonkey3000
EvilMonkey3000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to April Award Winners May. 12th, 2005 @ 10:44 PM Reply

Well, the panel chose really well, all of those movies, especially Men's Room Monologue, were definitely worth those prizes.

Demiguise12
Demiguise12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to April Award Winners May. 13th, 2005 @ 12:47 AM Reply

CONGRATS TO ALL THE WINNERS YOU TRULY DESERVE IT!!!

iscrulz
iscrulz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to April Award Winners May. 13th, 2005 @ 02:09 AM Reply

I guess only on vote out of five that I picked won it. Congrats to all the winners I asumme AfroNinja ng sim will place if people can remember it.

£5 man slut for hire. Inquire within

Wi/Ht? #45

BBS Signature
Crashman
Crashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to April Award Winners May. 13th, 2005 @ 02:25 AM Reply

Congrats to all of the winners.

XBL GT: SleepyB 408
I Xbox 360 Club I MLB Club I

BBS Signature
DonDoli
DonDoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to April Award Winners May. 13th, 2005 @ 08:45 AM Reply

No seriously I want to know the rest of the list, like last month. That can't be so hard to do, can it? I'm curius what place I made :)

Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to April Award Winners May. 13th, 2005 @ 09:03 AM Reply

OMG :O

I missed a deposit last sunday :( I think I will not be chosen for June's voting :(

dieuberbeat
dieuberbeat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to April Award Winners May. 13th, 2005 @ 01:37 PM Reply

Look, just like in that sim-newgrounds rpg v1.2

ashley
ashley
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to April Award Winners May. 13th, 2005 @ 05:12 PM Reply

I really liked a mens room monolouge. (users be sure to watch it)It is good because now I have an idea on a speech to do for a competition in my school.Stick rpg was the best game I ever played online.(users be sure to play it)Its about how a blue headed stick man gets traped in another dimention.On the game you have toget as much net worth as you can.To do that you increase your stats,when you have enough intelligence you can assign youself a good career.
remember to vote!!

well see you soon
zethraith

• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to April Award Winners May. 14th, 2005 @ 09:56 AM Reply

Shit, I didn't win!

RevNation
RevNation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Programmer
Response to April Award Winners May. 14th, 2005 @ 11:36 AM Reply

gj winner and lucky random winner >.<

lixivium
lixivium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to April Award Winners May. 14th, 2005 @ 11:53 AM Reply

Congratulations to the winners, except for Kitten Cannon. No way a thoroughly mediocre knockoff should have been nominated for two months.

gfoxcook
gfoxcook
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to April Award Winners May. 14th, 2005 @ 12:51 PM Reply

Congrats to all the winners. I pegged 2 of the 5 (Mr. Coo and Non-Livingstons)... incidentally, I've pegged 2 of the 5 in ALL THREE MONTHS of voting so far. For February, I had my #1 and #3 choice end up in the actual top 5... But for March and April, my #4 and #5 choices ended up in the actual top 5 both times.

This wasn't really a coincidence, though, as I have started to use my top 3 for the underrated things I WANT to win the most but realise won't (so I try and give them as many points as possible), and save the bottom two slots (#4 and #5) for popular stuff that I enjoy as well... but I don't think will have much problem winning a spot in the top 5. Both months I've voted in that manner, I've been correct in that assumption.

In any event... One last thing about the Kitten Cannon thing:

Like I said in
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=263319&page=5
back on 5/4/05 @ 04:34 AM:

"Speaking of issues... I don't know if you read the posts from the guy earlier in this thread (page 2 or 3) who had a frontpage movie on 4/1, but it's not in the running for this months' awards.

In addition, did you (or anyone else besides me) notice that Kitten Cannon is up for the April Awards after it was already up for the MARCH Awards?

It was submitted on March 30th, IIRC, and it must have gotten into the March Awards with a daily award... and then gotten into the April Awards with you frontpaging it on April 1st (or something similar).

Do you or liljim know how that happened, and why the poor bastard earlier in this topic got shafted (he can't vote, either, but I'm sure he's more concerned about his movie not being up for the voting).?"

So... I saw this situation coming, and I'm sure I'm not alone. I'm just happy that steps have been taken to ensure such double-candidacy won't be happening again.

Had Kitten Cannon actually WON for March, then I'm sure Tom wouldn't have left it at #5 for April as well, so it's not that much of a controversy.

More important to me is the OTHER thing I wrote about in that post 10 days ago: someone who got their movie on the frontpage on April 1st wasn't able to vote in the April contest, and more importantly... their flash wasn't featured as one of the flashes we could vote on. I hope THAT gets fixed, too. ;_;

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // 2x10k PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Bahamut's List!
a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature
gfoxcook
gfoxcook
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to April Award Winners May. 14th, 2005 @ 12:53 PM Reply

At 5/12/05 05:16 AM, Miikro wrote:
At 5/11/05 10:00 AM, TomFulp wrote: We have fixed the issue that caused this to happen, but have decided Kitten Cannon still deserves a prize as it was selected by the users and didn't win last month.
Even though it's a completely blatant ripoff of the highly popular nanacrash game, eh?

Which itself is a ripoff (albeit with lots of extra features) of the highly popular Pengy Toss game.

The "see how far you can bounce an object" game genre is long and varied. It's a bit oversimplistic to say that Kitten Cannon is just a ripoff of nanacrash, when nanacrash isn't the original genre-creating game, either.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // 2x10k PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Bahamut's List!

BBS Signature
AtomicPotato
AtomicPotato
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Programmer
Response to April Award Winners May. 14th, 2005 @ 01:26 PM Reply

Dang! I could have voted that month, cause I almost got an award for a movie I submitted that day. My score was right before King of the Darn'ded 2 (which got front page and 5th place), but now it's over its score by 0.12 points (3.64). Well, I'll stop complaining now. But so close I was!

LoNgBaUgH
LoNgBaUgH
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to April Award Winners May. 14th, 2005 @ 02:02 PM Reply

i know this is completely off topic, but how can i erase my account???

gfoxcook
gfoxcook
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to April Award Winners May. 14th, 2005 @ 08:11 PM Reply

At 5/14/05 01:26 PM, AtomicPotato wrote: Dang! I could have voted that month, cause I almost got an award for a movie I submitted that day. My score was right before King of the Darn'ded 2 (which got front page and 5th place), but now it's over its score by 0.12 points (3.64). Well, I'll stop complaining now. But so close I was!

All that matters for daily awards is what your score was at midnight the day you submitted it, but.... yes, that must be somewhat frustrating.

However, you signed up in June of 2004. If you'd deposited every day in the past 11ish months (3300 exp or so) instead of being content with 350 exp as you have now, you'd be able to vote EVERY month, so...

If I were you, I'd be more concerned with your lack of exp than a 0.20 score difference between your movie and the 5th place movie of a day last month.

IOW, start depositing every day now. Better late than never.

At 5/14/05 02:02 PM, LoNgBaUgH wrote: i know this is completely off topic, but how can i erase my account???

You personally can't. You can always ask an admin to do so, but it make take them awhile to not have anything more important and pressing to do... why on earth would you WANT it erased is a better question.

BBS Signature
Sean117
Sean117
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to April Award Winners May. 14th, 2005 @ 09:49 PM Reply

Brain..exploding..

idle
idle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to April Award Winners May. 14th, 2005 @ 10:33 PM Reply

Congrats to all the winners, they were all thoroughly deserving of the places they got.

I can't wait to see who gets a place next month : )

BBS Mod. PM with queries and complaints if you must.

LazyTV | Stuff White People Like

BBS Signature
LoNgBaUgH
LoNgBaUgH
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to April Award Winners May. 14th, 2005 @ 11:27 PM Reply

At 5/14/05 02:02 PM, LoNgBaUgH wrote: i know this is completely off topic, but how can i erase my account???
You personally can't. You can always ask an admin to do so, but it make take them awhile to not have anything more important and pressing to do... why on earth would you WANT it erased is a better question.

i want to change my nickname, if there's a way without terminating my account that's fine

BurstStudio
BurstStudio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Programmer
Response to April Award Winners May. 15th, 2005 @ 12:05 AM Reply

In all honesty, I was completely surprised that Kitten Cannon made it that far, let alone winning the monthly award for April. It was a stupid game I made over something me and my buddy though up. I never expected it to go that far, and I'm thrilled to hear that it did. People call it a rip-off, some have gone as far as to say I've stolen the code (mind you, these people are pretty stupid). I'll admit that it's not a unique style of gameplay, but it still has it's own creative flair - a kitten being fired out of a cannon into a field of random-ass objects. I try and just ignore it when people tell me that it's a rip-off, because it sorta is to an extent, but try and find any other games that don't rip off a concept done before, i.e. the MULTIPLE dating sims. I don't see many people saying "OGM, j00 ripz0red off simgirl!! you basterds!!11" when new dating sims come out because they're all essentially the same. I'm just trying to get the point across that most games are unoriginal to an extent and that because they're somewhat similar they shouldn't be judged (unless they're like EXACTLY the same to most details).

Anyway, I thank each and every user that voted for my submission. It really made my week a hell of a lot better to know that people liked it enough to vote for it over the many quality submissions this month.

Animefan4x
Animefan4x
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to April Award Winners May. 15th, 2005 @ 02:03 AM Reply

A very good one

NG-Hunter
NG-Hunter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to April Award Winners May. 15th, 2005 @ 07:04 AM Reply

yes i think rip off of sim dates sucks..... unless they are differnt in many ways (not including dating) and kitten cannon it just a weird game that all you do is fire a poor kitten through a field of mines, spikes, bombs, ect ect ect and it dies...