Be a Supporter!
Reatardman-fartdude
Reatardman-fartdude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
A Voice Recorder May. 3rd, 2005 @ 07:55 PM Reply

i really need a recorder that can lower your voice to make it sound more manly or teenage like. i'm 13 and i'm gonna be frank my voice is sounds kinda young. so, i need a recorder that has those capabilities. i used to have ejay but that gave my computer some nasty viruses. have any suggestions?

Elliair
Elliair
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to A Voice Recorder May. 3rd, 2005 @ 08:10 PM Reply

Audacity has options where you can lower/higher the pitch of your voice.

However, if you plan to voice act, I'd suggest not using these options, as they are usually seen as 'voice cheating'. Unless of course you're playing a rather weird sounding character, and it is necessary to use such options (I.E.: Foamy, Satan, etc.).

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to A Voice Recorder May. 3rd, 2005 @ 08:23 PM Reply

cool edit pro has the option of changing your voice - making it higher lower - keeping the tempo or speeding it up - ite very very flexible - i recommend it over any other program! ^^

Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
SpamWarrior
SpamWarrior
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to A Voice Recorder May. 3rd, 2005 @ 08:44 PM Reply

Wavelab, acid pro if you know someone with a copy that you can use, they're a little overpriced for what you want otherwise. Is audacity free? Only i might have to get it to play with it.

Elliair
Elliair
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to A Voice Recorder May. 3rd, 2005 @ 09:23 PM Reply

Yep, Audacity is free. Cool Edit Pro is good, too, but it costs a lot, since now it has been bought by Adobe and turned into "Adobe Audition".

BBS Signature
twindragon6
twindragon6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to A Voice Recorder May. 4th, 2005 @ 01:42 AM Reply

You could try and find an old vocal effects processor.

SpamWarrior
SpamWarrior
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to A Voice Recorder May. 4th, 2005 @ 05:33 AM Reply

At 5/3/05 09:23 PM, Elliair wrote: Yep, Audacity is free. Cool Edit Pro is good, too, but it costs a lot, since now it has been bought by Adobe and turned into "Adobe Audition".

Hmm i've heard good things about cool edit pro, since i've heard adobe havent done much to it, i recommend buying one of the older versions ie whilst it was still cool edit pro, if you can find it.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to A Voice Recorder May. 4th, 2005 @ 09:19 AM Reply

agreed. Cool edit pro is an amazing program. I had no idea adobe bought them out as I got the program while they were still cool edit pro..

Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
Unknown
Unknown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to A Voice Recorder May. 4th, 2005 @ 09:58 AM Reply

Ahahahaha. Its alright d00d the time will come, and you wont even know it. As for changing that just talk with your hard cupping over your mouth and the microphone and it will get deeper, but it will also get louder. Also theres probably some voice distortion on Audacity that highers the bass in your voice.