00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CdmollerV1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Action Buttons 2002-05-08 22:11:07

Could somebody explain to me how to make action buttons and command them to go from one frame to the next. Please explain as if I was a moron cause I am?
Thank You

Response to Action Buttons 2002-05-09 05:41:51

At 5/8/02 10:11 PM, drewlow wrote: Could somebody explain to me how to make action buttons and command them to go from one frame to the next. Please explain as if I was a moron cause I am?
Thank You

copy and paste the button on to the next frame, and reasign it's actions, thus on release go to frame 3, next copy paste button in next frame, resign it's actions "thus on release go to frame 4. And so on.

Response to Action Buttons 2002-05-10 03:39:30

At 5/9/02 05:41 AM, iLLiCit147 wrote:
At 5/8/02 10:11 PM, drewlow wrote: Could somebody explain to me how to make action buttons and command them to go from one frame to the next. Please explain as if I was a moron cause I am?
Thank You

copy and paste the button on to the next frame, and reasign it's actions, thus on release go to frame 3, next copy paste button in next frame, resign it's actions "thus on release go to frame 4. And so on.

What dose that mean?

Action Buttons

Response to Action Buttons 2002-05-10 10:17:28

At 5/10/02 03:39 AM, DWManiac wrote:
At 5/9/02 05:41 AM, iLLiCit147 wrote:
Thank You

What dose that mean?

OK, first off, you need to make a symbol. When making the symbol, you have the option of making it a graphic, a movie clip, or a button. Obviously, you'll want to choose button. When making the button, you'll notice there are four frames in every button: Up, Over, Down, and Hit. Whatever you draw in the Up frame is what the button looks like normally, whatever is in the Over frame is what it'll look like when the mouse is over it, and Down is click. Whatever you draw in the Hit frame won't show up on the screen, but whatever you draw in there is the area that can be clicked on to activate the button. A lot of people like to copy and paste the UP frame to the Hit frame for simplicity's sake.

Once you make the button, place the symbol into your movie on the desired frame/frames and then go to PANEL >> INSTANCE (I think that's right....) Then click on the button symbol and give the instance a name and some function. *Phew* If you still have trouble, look in "Help."

Action Buttons