SpiffyMasta
SpiffyMasta
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Mar. 4th, 2010 @ 05:21 AM Reply

At 3/4/10 05:10 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 3/3/10 11:57 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: Anybody else watch the Canada USA hockey game sunday?
Yeah - I went out of the room to get the food and when I came back Sid had popped up with the winner and there was bedlam on the ice. Typical, I really wanted to see that goal live.

Yea, that definitely was great. I was sitting on the edge of my couch the whole freaking overtime, then he scored and it was just utter bliss. It was so beautiful, I mean, Miller has no chance whatsoever of saving it.

Ismael92
Ismael92
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Mar. 4th, 2010 @ 08:36 AM Reply

At 3/3/10 10:18 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 3/3/10 09:42 PM, Ismael92 wrote: I didn't fix the typos (Experiance, Diety). Though I can do it if you want to.
Now all we have to do is wait another few weeks until he views this thread again ;P
At 3/4/10 01:13 AM, SpiffyMasta wrote: Someone's ears rang really loud when you mentioned him NEVR lol.

I sent him a PM :P

At 3/4/10 12:15 AM, Seamonky wrote:
Now all we have to do is wait another few weeks until he views this thread again ;P
That's right, Seamonky. I went there. :o
Yeah, We'll wait to see if he comes back in the next few weeks. ;)

Are you talking about me? Then no, I probably won't. I don't usually come here, but I was so bored that I was reading some random threads and I found this. I was so bored, that I even updated your sig :/

At 3/4/10 12:15 AM, Seamonky wrote:
At 3/3/10 09:42 PM, Ismael92 wrote: I didn't fix the typos (Experiance, Diety). Though I can do it if you want to.
That would be swell. My Forum Sig with misspellings makes it look weird. Other then that, I thank you for the updated sig itself. Idon't know how to make sigs for shit. :(

Experiance -> Experience
Diety -> Deity

Again, I made two versions.

Aura: Gold
Aura: Neutral:

~The C&C Regulars Lounge~

Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Mar. 4th, 2010 @ 09:07 AM Reply

At 3/3/10 11:57 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: Anybody else watch the Canada USA hockey game sunday?

I caught the last 10 minutes of OT or whatever. All I thought was 'Wow, Hockey is shit, you can't even see the puck'.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy
PSN: Look-a-Hill
Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Writer
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Mar. 4th, 2010 @ 10:18 AM Reply

At 3/4/10 09:07 AM, Nev wrote:
I caught the last 10 minutes of OT or whatever. All I thought was 'Wow, Hockey is shit, you can't even see the puck'.

Did you watch it on the internet, or on TV? It's much easier to follow it on TV and yes, it does get easier with practice, as you learn where to anticipate the puck as moving to.

How do you think the cameramen feel? :P

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Mar. 4th, 2010 @ 10:24 AM Reply

At 3/4/10 10:18 AM, Coop83 wrote: Did you watch it on the internet, or on TV? It's much easier to follow it on TV and yes, it does get easier with practice, as you learn where to anticipate the puck as moving to.

TV.

I'm sure they're fine as long as they get some good rough stuff :P.
That, I'll say, was great. As the only team sport I watch often is football you hear loads of Premiership commentators moaning about how in Europe all the refs are too hard on fouls. Whilst in hockey you've got people pointlessly ramming the opposition into a fucking wall.

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Mar. 4th, 2010 @ 11:03 AM Reply

At 3/4/10 12:15 AM, Seamonky wrote: Yeah, We'll wait to see if he comes back in the next few weeks. ;)

Haha, I was hoping this would happen. Stick around buddy.

BBS Signature
Seamonky
Seamonky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Mar. 4th, 2010 @ 12:59 PM Reply

At 3/4/10 05:10 AM, Coop83 wrote: Welcome back Seamonky
*ships passing in the night*

Thank ya. Just been busy with life. Trying to find a new job, chilling with my girlfriend, etc. Times are tough now a days for me. :(

Again, I made two versions.
Aura: Gold

Thank you for the fixes. I seriously needed this updated forum sig. lol I'll put it up later since I'm at my friend CPU right now. :)

Haha, I was hoping this would happen. Stick around buddy.

I'll try. All I've been doing on Newgrounds is review modding for a little, sometimes post every now and then, and get my experience points. Time is limited.

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.
Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature
SpiffyMasta
SpiffyMasta
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Mar. 4th, 2010 @ 01:07 PM Reply

At 3/4/10 10:24 AM, Nev wrote: I'm sure they're fine as long as they get some good rough stuff :P.
That, I'll say, was great. As the only team sport I watch often is football you hear loads of Premiership commentators moaning about how in Europe all the refs are too hard on fouls. Whilst in hockey you've got people pointlessly ramming the opposition into a fucking wall.

Yea, it's really too bad that fighting is not allowed in the Olympics, I can kind of understand why though, but still, I know there would have been more than one fight between U.S. and Canada and it would've been great.

Do they have much hockey in Europe? I know there's a Euro League of some sort right?

NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Mar. 4th, 2010 @ 02:06 PM Reply

At 3/4/10 12:59 PM, Seamonky wrote: I'll try. All I've been doing on Newgrounds is review modding for a little, sometimes post every now and then, and get my experience points. Time is limited.

I'm no stranger to that situation. My own activity was pretty low for a while over the past few months, but I've managed to find the time to get back to NG a little bit. It was kinda hit and miss for a while, though ;P

BBS Signature
Pandamir
Pandamir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Mar. 17th, 2010 @ 01:21 AM Reply

Yeah wish I could say hit and miss for me. But it has been much worse really. I know it's been like really long since I last posted here or anywhere really for that matter on NG. But like Seamonky was saying times are tough and life is hard and time is limited. But things are becoming more relaxed are my neck of the woods so should be able to be active around here again.

Love is giving somebody the power to destroy you and trusting them not to!!

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Mar. 17th, 2010 @ 02:31 AM Reply

Haven't been able to post much over the past week because there's not all that much to post in. At least not when I'm online anyway... I bet that as soon as I'm off NG the forums start buzzing with humour and wit.

But more likely something else that rhymes with wit.

BBS Signature
SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Mar. 17th, 2010 @ 05:57 AM Reply

Coop's level icon is the best.

Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Mar. 17th, 2010 @ 07:47 AM Reply

At 3/17/10 05:57 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: Coop's level icon is the best.

Haha. Pot o' gold!

Happy St.Patricks day all!

Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Mar. 17th, 2010 @ 07:53 AM Reply

Life, I fackin' luv ya...

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Mar. 17th, 2010 @ 09:26 AM Reply

I too have a pot of gold. This is my reward for being dedicated to this site for so long.

I'll need to watch some Father Ted later on to celebrate this day.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ]

Formerly Bahamut

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Writer
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Mar. 17th, 2010 @ 09:28 AM Reply

At 3/4/10 10:24 AM, Nev wrote:
At 3/4/10 10:18 AM, Coop83 wrote: Did you watch it on the internet, or on TV? It's much easier to follow it on TV and yes, it does get easier with practice, as you learn where to anticipate the puck as moving to.
TV.

It just takes some getting used to. 2 games a week for about 4-5 weeks was what I needed and now I know pretty much where it's going to go ;)

I'm sure they're fine as long as they get some good rough stuff :P.

Nah, it's an art just following the puck sometimes, while being ready to zoom in on a fight or hit at any moment.

There is a reason to it - getting them off the puck, letting them know you're there, trying to start a fight are all legitimate reasons. Attempting to injure a player is not legitimate, so pay attention (This means you too, Alex Ovechkin!)

At 3/4/10 01:07 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: Do they have much hockey in Europe? I know there's a Euro League of some sort right?

Not as much as in North America. Russian league, Swedish, Finnish, German leagues all get good attendance, but the ELITE League in the UK has so far failed to take off. Telford is still quite a drive away for me, so I can't see the tigers play.

Nah, gfoxcook's Leprechaun takes some beating. As does the staff's magical Irish whimsy fella.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Mar. 18th, 2010 @ 12:17 AM Reply

At 3/17/10 09:26 AM, Bahamut wrote:
I too have a pot of gold. This is my reward for being dedicated to this site for so long.

If I'd deposited every day since I signed up then I'd have one too. But I haven't been dedicated enough.

Finished watching Father Ted on 4od in January, and however much I like it, I don't think I'm quite ready to watch it all the way through again.

Since it's technically still St. Patrick's day in EST, hope all you five-hours-behind-me guys had / are having a goodun.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Mar. 18th, 2010 @ 11:26 AM Reply

At 3/18/10 12:17 AM, NEVR wrote:
At 3/17/10 09:26 AM, Bahamut wrote: I too have a pot of gold. This is my reward for being dedicated to this site for so long.
If I'd deposited every day since I signed up then I'd have one too. But I haven't been dedicated enough.

Better luck in 2012 when you'll get the pot of the gold for that St. Patrick's Day. Well, that's if they decide to give us those special icons next time. I'd love to see them again next year.

Finished watching Father Ted on 4od in January, and however much I like it, I don't think I'm quite ready to watch it all the way through again.

I watched one episode on YouTube but damn, too many video ads. There were three before the video even started and then two more half-way (one of them was that irritating Go Compare advert). The other day when I was watching a video of Father Ted on YouTube, there was only one ad before the video which was fair. Next time, I'll watch it on Virgin Media TV or try and borrow the DVDs off my sister.

Formerly Bahamut

Gu-rrilla
Gu-rrilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Mar. 20th, 2010 @ 09:29 PM Reply

Seems as though shit has been hitting the fan all around the BBS. No one seems interested anymore.

Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Mar. 20th, 2010 @ 11:44 PM Reply

At 3/20/10 09:29 PM, Gu-rrilla wrote: Seems as though shit has been hitting the fan all around the BBS. No one seems interested anymore.

I think it always quiets down a little bit this time of year. Must be something to do with colleges getting near mid-term season and high schools are in the thick of school work after President's week vacations and before spring breaks start to happen.

¥ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ¥
¥ ¥
Blag [updated: 4/20/2014] ¥ ¥

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Mar. 21st, 2010 @ 12:56 AM Reply

At 3/18/10 11:26 AM, Bahamut wrote: Next time, I'll watch it on Virgin Media TV or try and borrow the DVDs off my sister.

Dude.

^_^

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Mar. 21st, 2010 @ 10:46 AM Reply

At 3/20/10 11:44 PM, Malachy wrote:
At 3/20/10 09:29 PM, Gu-rrilla wrote: Seems as though shit has been hitting the fan all around the BBS. No one seems interested anymore.
I think it always quiets down a little bit this time of year. Must be something to do with colleges getting near mid-term season and high schools are in the thick of school work after President's week vacations and before spring breaks start to happen.

On top of all of that stuff the weather is extremely nice outside. People move away from the computer and tend to go outside. I know that the Winter is when I'm on the computer the most and in this weather I'll start to barely get on.

I'm going to a concert tonight. (Breaking Benjamin, 1000 Foot Krutch, 10 Years, and Red) I know there isn't anyone amazing there, but their all metal or rock so I'm sure that I'll have fun nonetheless. Like the last couple of concerts I went to I'll post a couple of pictures up from the concert.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Mar. 21st, 2010 @ 11:34 AM Reply

At 3/21/10 12:56 AM, NEVR wrote:
At 3/18/10 11:26 AM, Bahamut wrote: Next time, I'll watch it on Virgin Media TV or try and borrow the DVDs off my sister.
Dude.

^_^

I'm afraid watching it on there is just as bad as on YouTube. Thanks for bringing it up to me, though. DVD and Virgin Media TV (yeah, that sounds silly considering the problems I've had with them) are still the better options for me.

At 3/21/10 10:46 AM, Fro wrote: I'm going to a concert tonight. (Breaking Benjamin, 1000 Foot Krutch, 10 Years, and Red)

Not interested in any of those bands but be sure to enjoy it. :) As for me, just 2 weeks until I see Opeth for their 20th anniversary tour and I can't fucking wait. However, there's been talks on train strikes during Easter and this will affect us. I sure hope everything will be fine, though as I really want to hear Blackwater Park in its entirety.

Me and my sister have had thoughts on seeing other bands this year. Iron Maiden, Blind Guardian and Motörhead come to mind as they'll all be playing in the UK sometime in 2010.

Formerly Bahamut

RogerBK
RogerBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Audiophile
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Mar. 21st, 2010 @ 01:30 PM Reply

Wow Mut!!

You're going to Maiden's show??
I wanna go too, but I don't have enough years and Iron will never come to Brazil at 2015...

AWWWW...

Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks
Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Mar. 21st, 2010 @ 02:04 PM Reply

At 3/21/10 01:30 PM, RogerBK wrote: You're going to Maiden's show??

Didn't say we are definitely going but we're thinking about it. We just have to hear the other venues they'll play in the UK as the only one so far is a festival near my dad's birthday. I'm sure there'll be more UK shows for their upcoming tour as it's their country.

We did see Maiden in 2008 for their Somewhere Back in Time World Tour and that was awesome! It was the greatest opportunity to hear all their classics in one show.

Formerly Bahamut

RogerBK
RogerBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Audiophile
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Mar. 21st, 2010 @ 02:09 PM Reply

Man, I would really LOVE to go on Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and the Original G'NR show... The best bands ever were back at 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's...

The best bands that still play are Ozzy, Dio, Maiden, The Killers and Stones...

Ahhhhh, good ol' times, too bad i didn't live in those years...

BBS Signature
Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Mar. 21st, 2010 @ 03:11 PM Reply

At 3/21/10 11:34 AM, Bahamut wrote: I'm afraid watching it on there is just as bad as on YouTube.

If you mean in terms of quality, then its really not. 4od is good quality. It's not dvd standard but its pretty much your average quality that you'd getting watching tv as normal.

In terms of buffering and stuff then its up to your connection.

The only problem with 4od is the adverts to have to watch at the start. I'm impatient and don't want to have to wait a minute to watch my tacky Dawn Porter documentaries :P. But hey-ho, Channel 4 isn't the BBC.

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Mar. 21st, 2010 @ 06:47 PM Reply

I went to see Maiden yeaaars ago. It was an incredibly epic show, and you gotta admire them; if I could rock as hard as they do when I'm 50, I'll be a happy guy.

BBS Signature
Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Mar. 21st, 2010 @ 07:39 PM Reply

At 3/21/10 06:47 PM, NEVR wrote: I went to see Maiden yeaaars ago. It was an incredibly epic show, and you gotta admire them; if I could rock as hard as they do when I'm 50, I'll be a happy guy.

Bruce is apparently a really boring bastard. Someone got into a conversation with him and all he did was ramble on about trains and planes.

Yep, the father of Metal is a trainspotter.

BBS Signature
RogerBK
RogerBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Audiophile
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Mar. 21st, 2010 @ 08:37 PM Reply

I'd give everything I have to go to a Zeppelin's show, just imagine the emotion of someone that went to their last show evar...

:'(

BBS Signature