New Topic Respond to this Topic
Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-27 20:45:16 Reply

At 7/27/11 02:33 PM, Ship wrote: If on the off chance you're ever driving through Cedar Rapids, Iowa (longshot here) and you're in the mood for Chinese food, they have a restaurant called Metro Buffet which is by far the best Chinese buffet I have ever eaten at. It's very inexpensive, and the food is all such great quality and tastes soo good. It's soc much better than all those crappy takeout places that I normally get Chinese from.

Seeing as I'm English there's no chance of me ending up in Americaland. However there's a Chinese buffet place in Preston which is about 40 miles away from where I live.

It costs £8 and you can have as much as you think you can eat without puking. The quality of it is really good and the choice is HUGE. There's a nice bunch of desserts as well.

Only thing is that it feels a lot like a canteen but who cares when it's such good value. The drinks are a tad expensive, but I only have water, still a whole £1 for a smallish bottle though.

I've doubled posted, blaming it on my iPad

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-27 20:45:23 Reply

At 7/27/11 04:11 PM, RogerBK wrote: Speaking on food, do you guys liek Subway? When I go to other cities, I always eat in Subway. It's fucking good. (My town is too small to have a subway franchise)

My friends often hang out at a Subway almost every Wednesday. I mostly enjoy the subs I get from there but I found something not right about the italian sandwiches from them. My stomach never likes to eat a foot long sandwich of them whereas others I have are just fine.

RogerBK
RogerBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-28 12:50:48 Reply

At 7/27/11 08:45 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 7/27/11 04:11 PM, RogerBK wrote: Speaking on food, do you guys liek Subway? When I go to other cities, I always eat in Subway. It's fucking good. (My town is too small to have a subway franchise)
My friends often hang out at a Subway almost every Wednesday. I mostly enjoy the subs I get from there but I found something not right about the italian sandwiches from them. My stomach never likes to eat a foot long sandwich of them whereas others I have are just fine.

Haha, me too, sometimes I order the 15cm sandwich, but, I oftenly go to Subway because I'm super hungry, so, I always order the 30cm one.

Also, I discovered I'm kinda lactose intolerant. That sounds pretty strange, but sometimes, when I eat cheese, I have the same symptoms of a lactose intolerant. And sometimes, I don't. It's super strange...

Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks
Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-28 13:03:26 Reply

At 7/27/11 08:45 PM, Bahamut wrote: My friends often hang out at a Subway almost every Wednesday.

>Subway
>Not tuesday, thursday, or sunday

You high bro?

BBS Signature
Ship
Ship
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Melancholy
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-28 13:47:01 Reply

At 7/27/11 08:45 PM, Quinny wrote

Seeing as I'm English there's no chance of me ending up in Americaland. However there's a Chinese buffet place in Preston which is about 40 miles away from where I live.

It costs £8 and you can have as much as you think you can eat without puking. The quality of it is really good and the choice is HUGE. There's a nice bunch of desserts as well.

Only thing is that it feels a lot like a canteen but who cares when it's such good value. The drinks are a tad expensive, but I only have water, still a whole £1 for a smallish bottle

Chinese buffets are one of the greatest things ever. They're always so delicious, and they;re all you can eat! I don't know what more I could ask from an eatery.

Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Reader
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-28 15:53:35 Reply

I like chinese food the most. Some seseme chicken with pork fried rice and I'm content.

Subway is food for a cheap meal. I usually order the spicy italian footlong and load it with veggies.

And I'm in an abusive relationship with tacobell... I just love it so much, why does it hurt me :( :( :(

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥
¥ ♡ ¥
Blag [updated: 1/2/2017] ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-07-28 20:39:02 Reply

At 7/28/11 01:03 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 7/27/11 08:45 PM, Bahamut wrote: My friends often hang out at a Subway almost every Wednesday.
>Subway
>Not tuesday, thursday, or sunday

You high bro?

That'll be my friends who are high, haha. I at least had Subway today on a Thursday so that better make you happy.

SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-08-11 03:27:00 Reply

My uni has a Subway on campus.

I don't eat it all that much, though. For the same price I can make the same thing I order from there 3 times. Italian herb and cheese bread, footlong, all salads, chicken fillet, hot chili sauce, salt and pepper and that's it :D

Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-08-12 07:41:27 Reply

At 8/11/11 03:27 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: My uni has a Subway on campus.

That is the best thing I have heard all day :).

I don't eat it all that much, though. For the same price I can make the same thing I order from there 3 times. Italian herb and cheese bread, footlong, all salads, chicken fillet, hot chili sauce, salt and pepper and that's it :D

I'm not a big fast food fan but Subway is the one I eat the most, usually like twice a year. I always get the steak and cheese on Italian bread with jalapenos and mayonnaise. Sounds a little odd with the mayo but it tastes great.

You got my hopes up that the uni I go to next year will have a Subway that I can take advantage of bi-annually.

FREELANCE GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Facebook Page /// Latest Art Piece
- - NG Photoshop Master 2015 - -

BBS Signature
Ship
Ship
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Melancholy
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-08-12 15:30:39 Reply

At 8/12/11 07:41 AM, Decky wrote: You got my hopes up that the uni I go to next year will have a Subway that I can take advantage of bi-annually.

Bi-annially? If I were that lucky it'd be bi-daily almost. I loooove Subway. The buffalo chicken sandwich with jalapenos lettuce and mayo is my all-time favorite sandwich combination ever.

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-08-15 07:17:36 Reply

Scarecrow Festival in Yorkshire

Scroll along to Corky's Bar and you, like me, will miss Corky, whom I wish were here to share in this marvel.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-08-15 09:55:33 Reply

At 8/12/11 03:30 PM, Ship wrote: Bi-annially? If I were that lucky it'd be bi-daily almost. I loooove Subway. The buffalo chicken sandwich with jalapenos lettuce and mayo is my all-time favorite sandwich combination ever.

Yeah, I just completely went off fast food. At first it was just KFC and McDonalds but now I just eat cooked meals at my house. Uni is going to be a big shock to my system I think :). Then again I can see myself living off the discounted area at the local supermarket.

BBS Signature
Gu-rrilla
Gu-rrilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-09-12 18:04:14 Reply

Haven't been on this site in forever, how do guys?

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-09-12 18:09:09 Reply

At 9/12/11 06:04 PM, Gu-rrilla wrote: Haven't been on this site in forever, how do guys?

I do good. If thats what your asking.
I see no reason for me not to be able to post here.
Would there be a problem with said intentions?

BBS Signature
Gu-rrilla
Gu-rrilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-09-12 18:15:34 Reply

At 9/12/11 06:09 PM, Confucianism wrote: Would there be a problem with said intentions?

From what I remember, the Lounge is for anyone who happens to be on the C&C forum and wants to chat. I see no problem with it, but if there is, I'm sure any of the countless mods who belong to this Lounge will gladly delete your post.

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-09-12 18:20:15 Reply

At 9/12/11 06:15 PM, Gu-rrilla wrote: I'm sure any of the countless mods who belong to this Lounge will gladly delete your post.

Don't mind if I do.

Kidding aside, sit down and have a cup of coffee around here.

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-09-12 18:23:27 Reply

At 9/12/11 06:20 PM, Bahamut wrote: Kidding aside, sit down and have a cup of coffee around here.

Dont mind if I do. Although I would prefer a cup of tea if you have any...two sugars...and a splash of milk if you be so kind. 'Chuckle'

BBS Signature
Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-09-12 18:25:46 Reply

At 9/12/11 06:23 PM, Confucianism wrote: Dont mind if I do. Although I would prefer a cup of tea if you have any...two sugars...and a splash of milk if you be so kind. 'Chuckle'

Make that two cups.

Gu-rrilla
Gu-rrilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-09-12 18:31:07 Reply

At 9/12/11 06:20 PM, Bahamut wrote: Kidding aside, sit down and have a cup of coffee around here.

How've you guys been? I've noticed a bit of inactivity, as with any thread these days.

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-09-12 18:40:28 Reply

At 9/12/11 06:31 PM, Gu-rrilla wrote: How've you guys been? I've noticed a bit of inactivity, as with any thread these days.

How long ago was it that you became inactive?

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-09-12 18:43:56 Reply

Tea, coffee, I like 'em both.

At 9/12/11 06:31 PM, Gu-rrilla wrote:
How've you guys been? I've noticed a bit of inactivity, as with any thread these days.

Back to unemployment. It sucks but I'm stuck just like millions of others so I'm not alone here. That aside, I've been here on NG for 7 years now and in two weeks time I'll be in Paris.

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-09-12 18:58:09 Reply

At 9/12/11 06:43 PM, Bahamut wrote: Tea, coffee, I like 'em both.

Damn straight you like 'em both.

Back to unemployment. It sucks but I'm stuck just like millions of others so I'm not alone here. That aside, I've been here on NG for 7 years now and in two weeks time I'll be in Paris.

Truely a terrible thing....although theres no shortage of work in my business.
Vhat a coincidence; Im going to Majorca in two weeks time. We shall talk like two old men about our travels on our return.

BBS Signature
Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-09-12 19:29:40 Reply

I'm also unemployed now :/ As of a month ago I've been doing nothing but sitting on my ass all day :D The company i worked for for 6 years, made about 10 people redundant the day they let me go. I'm not really complaining though; I wasn't very happy there and would have eventually left. Atleast this way they gave me 7 thousand euros in redundancy fees :)

Speaking of years on newgrounds. I'm coming up to 9 years in a few months. Funny thing is, I thought it was yesterday when I hit 9 years, cos my sign up date is 11/9/02. Then i remembered it's in American format, so it's the 9th of November -_-

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-09-14 07:00:22 Reply

At 9/12/11 06:58 PM, Confucianism wrote:
At 9/12/11 06:43 PM, Bahamut wrote: Tea, coffee, I like 'em both.
Damn straight you like 'em both.

But you know what I like slightly more? Hot chocolate!

At 9/12/11 07:29 PM, Life-Stream wrote: I'm also unemployed now :/ As of a month ago I've been doing nothing but sitting on my ass all day :D

That I don't want. The best I can do at home is making icons and some job searching. Well, the former isn't bad.

NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-09-14 12:21:37 Reply

At 9/12/11 06:43 PM, Bahamut wrote: Back to unemployment. It sucks but I'm stuck just like millions of others so I'm not alone here.

Unemployment is long. I've got pay day from my last job coming up on 1st october, and I'm applying for some charity street fundraising job to see me through until I can find something permanent. I hate the instability though.

That aside, I've been here on NG for 7 years now and in two weeks time I'll be in Paris.

Congrats on the 7 years, that's maaaad.

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-09-14 14:54:11 Reply

hi guys just wanted to let you know how awesome my job is

B|

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-09-15 08:42:43 Reply

At 9/14/11 02:54 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: hi guys just wanted to let you know how awesome my job is

B|

Tell me more.

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-09-15 08:58:08 Reply

At 9/15/11 08:42 AM, Decky wrote:
At 9/14/11 02:54 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: hi guys just wanted to let you know how awesome my job is

B|
Tell me more.

Perhaps it invloved small animals?
I also used to live quite close to him. But then I moved.

BBS Signature
RogerBK
RogerBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-09-15 12:50:28 Reply

Don't have a job yet, but tell us more about it!!

Does it involves medicine? Gotta love medicine! :D

Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks
Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature
Ship
Ship
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Melancholy
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2011-09-15 14:30:56 Reply

My job sucks :(