Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Feb. 10th, 2009 @ 12:22 AM Reply

At 2/10/09 12:17 AM, Gu-rrilla wrote:
At 2/9/09 11:08 PM, Malachy wrote: I went to applebees, thinking it would be better than last time I went. I was disappointed.
You should've gotten yourself thrown out, it would've made the evening fun.

we had 2 gift cards. The meal was basically free. So the evening was still fun.

¥ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ¥
¥ ¥
Blag [updated: 4/20/2014] ¥ ¥

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Feb. 10th, 2009 @ 07:19 AM Reply

At 2/9/09 06:27 AM, Nev wrote:
At 2/9/09 06:15 AM, Bahamut wrote: If you wanted to see pictures of snow from me, I'm afraid you're out of luck.
Why would I want to see pictures of snow? I have a beautiful view of snow out of my window right in front of me.

I'd ask for pictures, but it's been snowing all over Britain over the last week or two.

I wants boooooobs! :P

So does everyone else.

At 2/9/09 09:00 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 2/9/09 05:52 PM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: ill probably stop off at KFC and grab some lunch.
Fuck, I want KFC now.

So do I. Me and my parents have KFC on some Saturdays. We don't have it very often, but we seem to have one every 6 - 8 weeks, which is better than nothing.

At 2/9/09 11:03 PM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: Didn't end up at KFC, ended up at a local burger shop called 'Homers'.

Hang on, a burger shop called Homers? O_O

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Feb. 10th, 2009 @ 08:30 AM Reply

At 2/10/09 07:19 AM, Bahamut wrote: I'd ask for pictures, but it's been snowing all over Britain over the last week or two.

And my camera isn't working at the moment :(.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy
PSN: Look-a-Hill
Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Feb. 10th, 2009 @ 02:34 PM Reply

At 2/9/09 04:59 AM, NEVR wrote: You old charmer, Coop.

Well, that sort of thing you just can't teach.

At 2/9/09 06:15 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 2/9/09 04:45 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: Pssht white christmas doesn't exist in Australia. If anything, try for a black christmas with all the fires and whatnot happening.
You know, I'd really like to be in Australia for one Christmas, just to experience what their Christmas is like. :)

Warm, barbecued turkey, surfing, lager. I think that sums it up, though I'll wait for SMS to correct me on the details

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Feb. 10th, 2009 @ 06:12 PM Reply

At 2/10/09 07:19 AM, Bahamut wrote: Hang on, a burger shop called Homers? O_O

I know, it suprised me to when i first saw it open.

At 2/10/09 02:34 PM, Coop83 wrote:
At 2/9/09 06:15 AM, Bahamut wrote: You know, I'd really like to be in Australia for one Christmas, just to experience what their Christmas is like. :)
Warm, barbecued turkey, surfing, lager. I think that sums it up, though I'll wait for SMS to correct me on the details

Depending on ethnical background really, but heres a summary of mine, its similar to how aussies traditionally do it, but then again, its different. Then ill give a rough idea of a traditional aussie christmas.

Starts christmas eve, everybody rushing about getting humasive amounts of food ready, Turkeys, Legs of ham, prawns, fish, other italian dishes, ready to be served/cooked for christmas day. Go to church and whatnot, come home, merry christmas, lalala, go to sleep, wake up early, cook the beast of a turkey and leg of ham, plus everything else, set everything up, forward to about lunch, commence large amounts of drinking wine/other alcoholic beverages, eating enough to make you sick but still want more, endless card games consisting of the usual poker, texas hold em, then onto the italian cards playing briscola, scoppa, bestia, then desert, more alcohol, etc, then everyone leaves around 11/12ish that night.

Then Boxing Day, clean up everything and head to the beach for lunch.

Of course, that story changes if we decide to make pizza in the woodfire oven.

As for a traditional Aussie christmas, im assuming its set out the same with the food and whatnot, just remove lots of wine and replace it with 'lots of beer', lots of prawns, a huge game of backyard cricket/soccer/football/whatever sport you can think of, and the day flows on from there. Usually ends up at the beach the next day as well, or passed out.

Xeniar
Xeniar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Feb. 10th, 2009 @ 09:45 PM Reply

How do you guys cope with finding out you just lost a friend? : ( 24

Running up that hill....
": ( number goes here"

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Feb. 11th, 2009 @ 03:15 AM Reply

At 2/10/09 09:45 PM, DaSadGirl wrote: How do you guys cope with finding out you just lost a friend? : ( 24

"Lost" in what way?

Did you friend pass away, or did something happen to destroy your friendship?

Either way, you have my sympathies. Neither of the aforementioned situations are nice ones.

BBS Signature
SapphireLight
SapphireLight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Feb. 11th, 2009 @ 03:24 AM Reply

Just remember the good times, and move on. That's life for you.

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Feb. 11th, 2009 @ 05:37 AM Reply

I've never had to deal with a painful loss of a friend, fortunately. The only thing close to that is when my best friend moved to New Zealand when I was 11 or 12... it was sad, but not life changing. I consider myself very lucky.

SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Feb. 11th, 2009 @ 05:47 AM Reply

Well, it sucks to lose them either way, dead, or broken friendship. Just look back for a while, then go on ahead, no use being sorry about it, they're not coming back. It hurts, but it works.

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Feb. 11th, 2009 @ 08:06 AM Reply

At 2/10/09 07:19 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 2/9/09 11:03 PM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: Didn't end up at KFC, ended up at a local burger shop called 'Homers'.
Hang on, a burger shop called Homers? O_O

I know, it should be a burger shop called something like "Fry's Grill" or something catchy like that :P

At 2/10/09 06:12 PM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: As for a traditional Aussie christmas, im assuming its set out the same with the food and whatnot, just remove lots of wine and replace it with 'lots of beer', lots of prawns, a huge game of backyard cricket/soccer/football/whatever sport you can think of, and the day flows on from there. Usually ends up at the beach the next day as well, or passed out.

So I was pretty close. Cool. Naturally, it depends on the sort of Wine, as Jacobs Creek is from Aussieland, so they've got to have taken some of the continental expertise with them when the European settlers and British Convicts were sent across the oceans there.

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Feb. 11th, 2009 @ 08:54 AM Reply

At 2/10/09 06:12 PM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote:

Are you able to take a picture of the shop next time you see it?

Depending on ethnical background really, but heres a summary of mine, its similar to how aussies traditionally do it, but then again, its different. Then ill give a rough idea of a traditional aussie christmas.

Wow, that's a very different and interesting Christmas. o_O

At 2/10/09 09:45 PM, DaSadGirl wrote: How do you guys cope with finding out you just lost a friend? : ( 24

I have no idea, but I almost lost a friend of mine last Christmas. It wasn't pleasant to hear his condition, but fortunately he made it through the operation.

At 2/11/09 08:06 AM, Coop83 wrote:
I know, it should be a burger shop called something like "Fry's Grill" or something catchy like that :P

I want pictures of that shop with the awesome name.

Formerly Bahamut

SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Feb. 11th, 2009 @ 03:41 PM Reply

At 2/11/09 08:54 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 2/10/09 06:12 PM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote:
Are you able to take a picture of the shop next time you see it?

Will do, soon as im back there again for lunch, (may be next week or so) ill get a picture, or if im just passing by there.

Piromano
Piromano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Musician
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Feb. 12th, 2009 @ 04:07 PM Reply

When does The Offsprings became soooooo lame?

Their new album sucks...
DocSprite
DocSprite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Feb. 12th, 2009 @ 05:13 PM Reply

Three words: Drunk and high.

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Feb. 12th, 2009 @ 05:34 PM Reply

At 2/11/09 08:06 AM, Coop83 wrote: I know, it should be a burger shop called something like "Fry's Grill" or something catchy like that :P

Sadly, I was just hypothesising - perhaps if the housing market doesn't pan out, I might have to go into that sort of business myself :P

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Feb. 13th, 2009 @ 02:01 AM Reply

At 2/12/09 04:07 PM, Piromano wrote: When does The Offsprings became soooooo lame?
Their new album sucks...

Tell me about it, i mean, Splinter was acceptable, but not many people liked it (i myself was pretty pissed they used a drum machine on the album), and then the Greatest Hits album come out, then the latest abomination, produced by the one and only Bob Rock. I can honestly only listen to about 3 songs off the album.

SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Feb. 13th, 2009 @ 03:17 AM Reply

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/new s/article2233878.ece

I'd like to know the thoughts of the people in here on this matter. I say the parents are assclowns for letting the kids go ahead with it, and the kids should be kicked in the face repeatedly. Seriously, the 'father' looks like my 10 year old cousin. This is going to be so awkward when i see him again.

Hey man, KEEP YOUR FUCKING COCK IN YOUR PANTS UNTIL YOU'RE MY AGE YOU LITTLE SHI- i mean, hows it going :)
Sawdust
Sawdust
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Feb. 13th, 2009 @ 03:38 AM Reply

I think that kid's girlfriend is retarded.

NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Feb. 13th, 2009 @ 03:42 AM Reply

At 2/13/09 03:17 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/new s/article2233878.ece

I feel somewhat sorry for the kid. He's naively thought that a baby is a good thing, yet he has no idea how to take care of it, nor how much it's going to cost, and likely not even the practicality of looking after it.

I imagine his parents and his girlfriend's parents will take care of it for the most part, but it's going to be more difficult when they break up (there's no "if" factor about that IMO, 13 / 15 year olds in relationships inevitably break up).

13 year olds having sex is a bad idea, because there's no way that they can fully understand the issue of abortion, much less the reality of having a child. I'm 20 and I'd be mortified if I got a girl pregnant.

Basically, they're both young and naive and their poor judgement now will control their lives for the next 18+ years.

Oh, and that kid really doesn't look 13.

BBS Signature
SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Feb. 13th, 2009 @ 04:00 AM Reply

At 2/13/09 03:42 AM, NEVR wrote: I imagine his parents and his girlfriend's parents will take care of it for the most part

I was thinking the same thing, unless they go forth with their immaturity and say 'no, its our baby, we're taking care of it', to which point the life of the baby will be at serious risk.

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Feb. 13th, 2009 @ 08:48 AM Reply

At 2/13/09 03:17 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: I'd like to know the thoughts of the people in here on this matter. I say the parents are assclowns for letting the kids go ahead with it, and the kids should be kicked in the face repeatedly. Seriously, the 'father' looks like my 10 year old cousin. This is going to be so awkward when i see him again.

How the hell can the parents not be held responsible for this happening? In all honesty, the child needs to be taken into care, as how can you expect a 13-year old and a 15-year old to look after a child and bring them up responsibly, considering how monumentally fucked up their relationship became.

Hey man, KEEP YOUR FUCKING COCK IN YOUR PANTS UNTIL YOU'RE MY AGE YOU LITTLE SHI- i mean, hows it going :)

I quite agree. Sure, it's probably a badge of honour in the playground, as it proves that he's had sex. Where are the days gone by when you wafted your fingers under your mates' noses to prove yourself worthy?!

At 2/13/09 03:42 AM, NEVR wrote: I'm 20 and I'd be mortified if I got a girl pregnant.

I'm 25 and if I got my girlfriend pregnant at the moment, I think I'd go fucking crazy(er). I can't afford to get a house with her yet, so why should I piss my hard earned cash away with another mouth to feed?!

Oh, and that kid really doesn't look 13.

True, but looks don't make any difference. He's proven that he's not ready, because he couldn't wait to have sex. I hope that the kid grows up and learns from the mistakes of both of her parents.

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Feb. 13th, 2009 @ 08:53 AM Reply

At 2/13/09 04:00 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: I was thinking the same thing, unless they go forth with their immaturity and say 'no, its our baby, we're taking care of it', to which point the life of the baby will be at serious risk.

Of course if that happens the parents will just slap their children (metaphorically I suppose :() and say no.

I think its commendable of the two to keep the child and that little lad seems positive about the situation, ideally it'll make him mature at a super human rate and nothing too bad will happen to the baby.

Things like this just shouldn't happen though, 13 years having sex is just so tacky... though he pulled a 15 year old so I do think he deserves a clap - especially considering how old he actually looks.
And to quote the great philisopher Jim Jeffries: 'when I was 15 nobody was having sex with each other, we were happy with fingering'.

BBS Signature
Piromano
Piromano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Musician
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Feb. 13th, 2009 @ 09:02 AM Reply

At 2/13/09 03:17 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/new s/article2233878.ece

Man, that kid doesn't know even what sex is, and having a baby... WTF
He shouldn't have the baby, he doesn't know how to care of himself and now have to care a baby? His parents are really stupid.

Also, his girlfriend is 15?????

Pedophile anyone? :P
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Feb. 13th, 2009 @ 09:07 AM Reply

At 2/12/09 05:34 PM, Coop83 wrote:
At 2/11/09 08:06 AM, Coop83 wrote: I know, it should be a burger shop called something like "Fry's Grill" or something catchy like that :P
Sadly, I was just - perhahypothesising ps if the housing market doesn't pan out, I might have to go into that sort of business myself :P

Damn, way to build my hopes up Coop. BUT, some day we'll get a shop named Fry's Grill and if I see it in my own eyes, I could die a happy man.

Dear. Fucking. God. After reading this, I felt like losing faith in humanity. I really don't buy his bullshit on becoming a good "father" since as a 13 year old who looks more like 10, I bet he and his girlfriend are going to fuck up eventually. I'm 18 and I'd never think of having a child until at least the age of 25 because I know I'm not ready to have one. But if something DID happen to me....You know, it's better to not think about it.

Maybe I didn't fully read the article and only read half-way, but whatever. I was appalled enough.

I'd do the same thing, but I bet I'll come across a kid who looks like him, so I'll look like a total ass to him. :P

Formerly Bahamut

NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Feb. 13th, 2009 @ 12:53 PM Reply

Got a house sorted for next year!

I'm going to be living with 5 of my uni friends. We went to look at the house about an hour ago; it's about a 5 minute walk to campus and has 6 nicely sized bedrooms, unlike some of the other houses we looked at which always had at least one ridiculously small crappy room.

So yeah, I'm happy. Going out tonight to celebrate. :)

BBS Signature
SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Feb. 13th, 2009 @ 08:35 PM Reply

At 2/13/09 12:53 PM, NEVR wrote: So yeah, I'm happy. Going out tonight to celebrate. :)

Sounds awesome, just hope none of your friends neglect their share of the payments and you're all sweet!

Also, Happy Valentines day everyone.

Piromano
Piromano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Musician
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Feb. 14th, 2009 @ 07:44 AM Reply

At 2/13/09 08:35 PM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote:
At 2/13/09 12:53 PM, NEVR wrote: So yeah, I'm happy. Going out tonight to celebrate. :)
Sounds awesome, just hope none of your friends neglect their share of the payments and you're all sweet!

Also, Happy Valentines day everyone.

Valentines Day... I'm the only one that hate that stupid and comertial day?

Really guys, please, don't say things like "PIROMANO DON'T KNOW WHAT LUV IS LOL"
Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Feb. 14th, 2009 @ 09:19 AM Reply

At 2/14/09 07:44 AM, Piromano wrote: Valentines Day... I'm the only one that hate that stupid and comertial day?

Why its commercialism* shouldn't matter.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ Feb. 14th, 2009 @ 02:09 PM Reply

At 2/14/09 07:44 AM, Piromano wrote: Valentines Day... I'm the only one that hate that stupid and comertial day?

Don't worry, you're not the only one. I hate Valentine's Day for its pointlessness. I just feel this day is completely redundant for couples since unless it's an internet relationship, you're going to be seeing them everyday of your life. And if you have to make one day special, wouldn't your anniversary or the day you met your loved one be more appropriate than some random day?

Formerly Bahamut