00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

~The C&C Regulars Lounge~

766,455 Views | 18,869 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-05-22 08:59:31

At 5/21/09 12:15 PM, Piromano wrote: What's new guys?

Not much is happening with me now. Still trying to get a job and I still hope to get something eventually.

At 5/21/09 12:34 PM, NEVR wrote: I've now finished my first year of university. Went pretty quickly to be honest :/

You're right, it felt like yesterday when you were getting ready for university.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-05-22 10:50:27

So Katie Price and Peter Andre have split up. I bet her son Harvey never saw that coming :P

I'm going to hell.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-05-22 12:00:59

At 5/22/09 10:50 AM, Coop83 wrote: So Katie Price and Peter Andre have split up. I bet her son Harvey never saw that coming :P

Quick lads! Now's our chance!

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-05-22 14:04:07

At 5/21/09 10:12 AM, Doomsday-One wrote:
Also, if anyone makes this crew before me, I'll cry

Sorry that nobody replied to this part of your post, but there is a pre-portal review crew. Which pretty much covers beta-testing if you ask me...You may want to revive that club if you're interested in helping folks out before they submit to the portal.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-05-22 19:35:13

At 5/22/09 02:04 PM, Malachy wrote: You may want to revive that club if you're interested in helping folks out before they submit to the portal.

You're gonna make him cry :P

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-05-22 20:03:10

At 5/22/09 07:35 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 5/22/09 02:04 PM, Malachy wrote: You may want to revive that club if you're interested in helping folks out before they submit to the portal.
You're gonna make him cry :P

I've been doing so for the past hour.

Something that needs to be addressed though is why that club died. It may have been that the word didn't get out much, or there weren't enough takers anyway.
I was fearing the latter even before I heard of this other club. Most of the 'beta test' threads in the Flash forum consist of very basic games which are easily dealt with in that forum, and those who are looking for devoted testers are few and far between. As nice as it would be to have a place for such people to go, it would probably be impractical to wait for them to turn up. Of course, I can't speak for the programming forum, but I'm sure it works on similar principles.
Oh well; c'est la vie.

Doomsday-One, working on stuff better than preloaders. Marginally.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-05-22 21:43:56

At 5/22/09 08:03 PM, Doomsday-One wrote: I was fearing the latter even before I heard of this other club. Most of the 'beta test' threads in the Flash forum consist of very basic games which are easily dealt with in that forum, and those who are looking for devoted testers are few and far between.

For most major artists, they have their own group of friends and internet contacts who they will ask to do beta testing. The people who really should be beta testing are the same sort who would upload movies to the portal without ever previewing them, so chances are low they will be seeking out a club of beta testers in the C&C sections.

At least with the pre-portal review crew, BBS regs who are just getting into flash can ask others what they can do to improve before they submit their content to the world...but even with that, I would probably send a spamtheweb link to friends on AIM and in PM rather than ask strangers.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-05-23 14:30:26

At 5/22/09 10:50 AM, Coop83 wrote: So Katie Price and Peter Andre have split up. I bet her son Harvey never saw that coming :P

I'm going to hell.

lmao

Spent today doing an assessment day for a position as a Contact for freshers next September. The position basically means that you help out all the freshers to get to know the uni and to get involved in everything that's going on, which looks great on your CV... but it's mostly about getting very drunk for a week with the freshers and getting into all the nights out on campus for free. ;P

I find out if I got it in about a month or so. Fingers crossed.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-05-23 18:32:38

At 5/23/09 02:30 PM, NEVR wrote: looks great on your CV... but it's mostly about getting very drunk for a week with the freshers and getting into all the nights out on campus for free. ;P

You little drunkard, lol. Good luck on getting that!

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-05-24 04:53:34

At 5/23/09 01:02 AM, DaSadGirl wrote: My adviser told me that I can come back and my credits won't be lost unless its a very long time of absence like say about five years. Its an expensive ass private college though. : ( 28

It sounds like with this, you need to recover - burning the candle at both ends can destroy you, so take some time to recover and perhaps one day, you'll go back to it - possibly an alternative course that isn't quite such an assault on your sanity.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-05-24 12:28:01

At 5/24/09 10:47 AM, DaSadGirl wrote: It was very weird. I was afraid to quit for quite some time. Then this quarter came and without hesitation I just told myself I was going to quit, no ifs, ands, or buts. Its a hard choice to make because I've really never been a quitter, but I'm hoping I will go back one day. : ( 29

We all have to make some very hard decisions in life, I recently just made probably the hardest one of my life, and it isn't easy, that's for sure, but i guess it's kinda one of those things that you just know you have to do, and do it.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-05-27 01:27:19

Well guys, what is this, like the fifth time I've left and come back? Well, I'll try to stay a little longer this time. Just visiting MySpace and facebook was getting kind of boring. Good to see that this place is filled with more gold than before.

At 5/24/09 12:28 PM, Life-Stream wrote: We all have to make some very hard decisions in life, I recently just made probably the hardest one of my life, and it isn't easy, that's for sure, but i guess it's kinda one of those things that you just know you have to do, and do it.

Care to vent?

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-05-27 04:07:46

At 5/24/09 12:28 PM, Life-Stream wrote: We all have to make some very hard decisions in life, I recently just made probably the hardest one of my life, and it isn't easy, that's for sure, but i guess it's kinda one of those things that you just know you have to do, and do it.

If its what i think it is, did it go ok? I mean sure, emotionally it'd kick your ass 10x over but you know, hope you pull through ok.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-05-27 05:49:44

At 5/27/09 01:27 AM, Gu-rrilla wrote: Care to vent?

Yeah, i guess you missed my big news. Check my profile to understand.

At 5/27/09 04:07 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: If its what i think it is, did it go ok? I mean sure, emotionally it'd kick your ass 10x over but you know, hope you pull through ok.

It's been hard i guess, because i've gotten used to living in my own house with my wife, and living my own life. Now that i'm splitting up and selling my house, i'll have to move back with my dad, and it's a big change having to live under someone elses roof again, even if it is my dads house, cos you just can't do the same things.

I'll be ok though, and she will too, we'll get through this fine enough.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-05-27 09:34:16

Moving out of university halls on saturday... I have to move back "home" until mid-july, because that's when my housemates and I move into our house. I use the inverted commas around the word home because I don't actually have a room there; I have to sleep on the sofa :(

I'll probably end up staying with some of my friends when they move into their house, as they move in much earlier than I do.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-05-27 10:44:22

At 5/24/09 10:47 AM, DaSadGirl wrote: It was very weird. I was afraid to quit for quite some time. Then this quarter came and without hesitation I just told myself I was going to quit, no ifs, ands, or buts. Its a hard choice to make because I've really never been a quitter, but I'm hoping I will go back one day. : ( 29

I think that people tend to try and force people of your age to make decisions when you're not exactly read for them. I know when I was 18 / 19, I couldn't really make a decision about what I wanted to do with my life.

Hell, still at 26, I'm not entirely sure what I want to do with my life. I might start going to college and try for something like journalism. I tried Chemistry and it didn't work. I tried accountancy and that was quite boring with all of the philosophy behind all of that.

But anyway, enough about me.

At 5/27/09 09:34 AM, NEVR wrote: Moving out of university halls on saturday... I have to move back "home" until mid-july, because that's when my housemates and I move into our house. I use the inverted commas around the word home because I don't actually have a room there; I have to sleep on the sofa :(

That's harsh - they could have at least waited until you had left for good :P

I'll probably end up staying with some of my friends when they move into their house, as they move in much earlier than I do.

So are you going to be back at your new digs in time to come to the August meet?

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-05-27 10:56:28

At 5/27/09 09:34 AM, NEVR wrote: Moving out of university halls on saturday... I have to move back "home" until mid-july, because that's when my housemates and I move into our house. I use the inverted commas around the word home because I don't actually have a room there; I have to sleep on the sofa :(

Speaking of University/School, I'm almost done with my 13 months of training at my tech school. It was killer since there was barely any vacations. Christmas vacation was only 2 days, which sucked balls. Other then no vacations, it was drastic. Lots of stuff happened at that school, from threats and crackheads. I swear, schools should do drug tests, but they don't since they don't wanna lose money. Well, I can't wait till it's over and I'll go for internship to get a job in the automotive field.

It's been awhile... so hai guyz! :D

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-05-27 11:54:11

I come bearing gifts.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-05-27 15:37:52

I finished classes a couple of weeks ago, but they released grades today. I did pretty well, got an A, an A- and two B+s

I have to show up next Monday to do a credit-by-exam for English Comp. Which i think is retarded that I even need the credit considering I'm a Junior (going into my Senior year next semester) and they don't think I can write at a university level? come on now. Oh well, it'll be 3 extra credits for free (I made sure that they wouldn't charge me any money for it)

for those who may know what I'm talking about, my GPA is now 3.52 overall

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-05-28 05:08:58

At 5/28/09 01:51 AM, DaSadGirl wrote: And Life-Stream, sorry to hear(read) about your situation. It always makes me sad to hear about that kind of thing because one day I hope to get married and I don't ever want to think of having one of my life dreams crumble like that.

Well, when you do get married, you never do expect it to be short term, but i guess things change, and not always for the better.

This whole month has been depressing : ( 28

To be honest, thats true. There's been alot of bad things happening to all us regs here :( This place is cursed, cursed i tell ye.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-05-28 05:11:51

At 5/27/09 11:54 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I come bearing gifts.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/49 7142

Hahahaha, i spent like, 5 minutes just clicking widescreen, then inverting it. Pretty good idea.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-05-28 08:12:51

At 5/28/09 01:51 AM, DaSadGirl wrote:
At 5/27/09 10:44 AM, Coop83 wrote:
I think that people tend to try and force people of your age to make decisions when you're not exactly read for them. I know when I was 18 / 19, I couldn't really make a decision about what I wanted to do with my life.
Indeed I felt I was sort of forced. I wanted to quit so long ago, but I didn't want to let anyone down.

You should never feel like you're letting anyone down - my mum and dad were supportive of me and my decision. In the end, if relatives of mine want to snipe at me since I dropped out of University, I'll meet them with both barrels of my sense of humour.

I was just lying to myself. The longer I stayed the more I realized I just don't have that passion it takes to make something out of myself. My family thinks just because I graduate I'm going to get a good job....it doesn't work that way...you have to want it...and I just don't. There is no love for the career I was pursuing.

At the end of the day, it's your life and your decision. They cannot force you to do anything against your will.

Hell, still at 26, I'm not entirely sure what I want to do with my life. I might start going to college and try for something like journalism. I tried Chemistry and it didn't work. I tried accountancy and that was quite boring with all of the philosophy behind all of that.
Whatever makes you happy, right?

Exactly. But what makes me happy? Like I said, I don't know yet and I've got a few more years experience than you on this. I went from a stop gap career as a butcher / fishmonger to working in an office doing admin for a housing developer. Now I spend most days getting pissed off by the hold music to British Gas and SWALEC >:(

Who knows what the future holds?

The four types of sex:

1) New Home Sex - You've just moved in together and you do it in every room of the house

2) Just married sex - You only do it in the bedroom now, as you're well on your way to the seven year itch.

3) Hallway Sex - You both stand in the hallway and yell at each other "FUCK YOU!"

4) Courtroom Sex - You're getting a divorce and she fucks you over, taking half of your stuff.

Sorry Life-Stream, this joke may come at a sensitive time, but I think that laughter is the best medicine.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-05-28 08:32:43

At 5/28/09 08:12 AM, Coop83 wrote: 3) Hallway Sex - You both stand in the hallway and yell at each other "FUCK YOU!"

I only just heard this joke alone today, everyone was like, 'you've never heard it before?'.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-05-29 05:23:45

At 5/28/09 08:12 AM, Coop83 wrote: The four types of sex:
Sorry Life-Stream, this joke may come at a sensitive time, but I think that laughter is the best medicine.

lol, it's ok. It's a good one, though i have heard it before. Luckily for me i won't experience types 3 and 4.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-05-29 09:04:03

At 5/28/09 08:32 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote:
At 5/28/09 08:12 AM, Coop83 wrote: 3) Hallway Sex - You both stand in the hallway and yell at each other "FUCK YOU!"
I only just heard this joke alone today, everyone was like, 'you've never heard it before?'.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I was like that to one of my colleagues when she read this one out:

Fred is a Negro. He gets a job on a building site, where he is told that policy of the company is to have informal nicknames for all of the builders. While on site, he will be referred to as the Wog.
"I'm not happy about that, boss. It's racist!"
"Look Fred, it's not that bad. Out on site, you've got two Irishmen, called Mick and Paddy. You've got Mac, who's a Scot and Whack, the guy who's a bit clumsy and keeps walking into things."

Anyway, Fred agrees to give it a try and on Friday, he comes back to the foreman.
"Sorry boss, I don't like it, with them keep calling me a Wog." With that, the foreman pick up his loudhailer and walks outside. Putting the mic to his mouth, he bellows
"Mick, Mac, Paddy, Whack! Leave the Wog alone!"

Old joke, but still funny.

At 5/29/09 05:23 AM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 5/28/09 08:12 AM, Coop83 wrote: Sorry Life-Stream, this joke may come at a sensitive time, but I think that laughter is the best medicine.
lol, it's ok. It's a good one, though i have heard it before. Luckily for me i won't experience types 3 and 4.

You hope :P

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Still, at least we can all laugh about this... sort of.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-05-30 21:02:53

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-05-30 21:18:01

At 5/23/09 02:30 PM, NEVR wrote: Spent today doing an assessment day for a position as a Contact for freshers next September. The position basically means that you help out all the freshers to get to know the uni and to get involved in everything that's going on, which looks great on your CV... but it's mostly about getting very drunk for a week with the freshers and getting into all the nights out on campus for free. ;P

I remember them (I just finished my 1st year also), I met some really great guys who were doing it and we kept in touch. I don't see them as much as I would like, but they are really awesome guys.. they're all away on placements next year, I'll miss them =/ They also did it for the free beer + food (we had buffets), but they had fun just chatting to the new people. I'd love to do something like that too, but I'm too lazy. It'd be fun chatting to all the new guys, helping out, getting to know people.

Moving out of university halls on saturday... I have to move back "home" until mid-july, because that's when my housemates and I move into our house. I use the inverted commas around the word home because I don't actually have a room there; I have to sleep on the sofa :(

I moved back home about a week ago (last Friday) since my course ended on the 15th.. I just stayed an extra week to do nothing :p Now I'm home and doing nothing :/ But I had the smallest room in the house before I moved to uni, now my brother has moved out and I have the biggest o_o not bad for 2-3 months. I'm looking forward to going back to uni, I miss being able to sleep all day =[

At 5/30/09 09:02 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXJEDUain X4

gasp

I'm scared that when I see it I won't like it. I loved Toy Story 1 and 2, but that was what, 10 years ago? Hopefully the magic won't have gone.

p.s. i'm not a regular, i'm hiding from the boredom :]

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-05-31 03:56:50

At 5/30/09 09:02 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXJEDUain X4

gasp

They're actually making two TS movies at the same time. This one looks like a prologue :O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QFWBFIEu ig

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-05-31 06:14:31

At 5/31/09 03:56 AM, 36Holla wrote: They're actually making two TS movies at the same time. This one looks like a prologue :O

Rex's casting was superb if I do say so myself.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-05-31 07:11:31

At 5/29/09 09:04 AM, Coop83 wrote: "Mick, Mac, Paddy, Whack! Leave the Wog alone!"

Old joke, but still funny.

Haha, that's an epic joke. I still don't understand why the call negro's wogs, and then for some reason, us italians get called wogs as well :/