New Topic Respond to this Topic
DariusR
DariusR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Animator
Just wondering... 2005-04-24 13:59:03 Reply

I'm sort of new, and my old username was Number09 but I changed it. I was wondering if people accept the same type of flash today as they did back then. I felt really bad after I got 4 blammed flashes, and I was wondering if people went really hard back then. Can someone clear it up for me please? I'm not that good in flash but I think it's bad enough I don't have any flashes for my site :(

BTW, sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Kill a man, you're a murderer, kill many, you're a conqueror, kill 'em all, and you're a god!

BBS Signature
Narusegawa
Narusegawa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Movie Buff
Response to Just wondering... 2005-04-24 14:02:39 Reply

Chances are if you don't make an improvement, it will get blammed.

~¥%¥%+oint##so soft ¤%% ++-%¥-~-^->

BBS Signature
DariusR
DariusR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Animator
Response to Just wondering... 2005-04-24 14:06:15 Reply

Yeah but I wanna know how much NG expects from people. I don't wanna brag, but I think some of my flashes that were blammed are better then some in the portal. After my 4th flash, I was really discouraged and I just can't finish a flash because I would think it wouldn't survive NG...

Kill a man, you're a murderer, kill many, you're a conqueror, kill 'em all, and you're a god!

BBS Signature
RupeeClock
RupeeClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Animator
Response to Just wondering... 2005-04-24 14:09:41 Reply

Imageshack

Upload a flash there and show us what you got. You would've needed to make improvement likely, btw, you don't mean 4 flash in one day do you? Cause that is against the rules.

DariusR
DariusR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Animator
Response to Just wondering... 2005-04-24 14:11:53 Reply

Oh no 4 flash in a period of 3 months.

Here's a flash I was going to make but screwed up on the end because I knew it was crap:
http://img216.echo.cx/my.php?image=mym0vk.swf

XD

BBS Signature
JudoHobo
JudoHobo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Just wondering... 2005-04-24 14:14:11 Reply

At 4/24/05 02:06 PM, Monk_09 wrote: I think some of my flashes that were blammed are better then some in the portal.

They all do.

RupeeClock
RupeeClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Animator
Response to Just wondering... 2005-04-24 14:17:18 Reply

At 4/24/05 02:11 PM, Monk_09 wrote: Oh no 4 flash in a period of 3 months.

Here's a flash I was going to make but screwed up on the end because I knew it was crap:
http://img216.echo.cx/my.php?image=mym0vk.swf

XD

Well you are certainly capable of animating it well but your custom sprites (the burger) suck and the plot is too crap and too common in the portal, make it more related to the actual Mario games, not just Mario smoking and shooting a koopa over a burger. :P

DariusR
DariusR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Animator
Response to Just wondering... 2005-04-24 14:17:19 Reply

At 4/24/05 02:14 PM, JudoHobo wrote:
At 4/24/05 02:06 PM, Monk_09 wrote: I think some of my flashes that were blammed are better then some in the portal.
They all do.

Heh...is my and example good enough for the portal? If not I better go learn some animating....

eek

BBS Signature
Slaker4012
Slaker4012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Just wondering... 2005-04-24 14:19:09 Reply

At 4/24/05 02:17 PM, Monk_09 wrote: Heh...is my and example good enough for the portal? If not I better go learn some animating....

eek

Your animating isn't the problem, it's the plot or story or whatever. You gotta have some point to the flash or else its just boring.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to Just wondering... 2005-04-24 14:58:49 Reply

At 4/24/05 02:06 PM, Monk_09 wrote: Yeah but I wanna know how much NG expects from people. I don't wanna brag, but I think some of my flashes that were blammed are better then some in the portal. After my 4th flash, I was really discouraged and I just can't finish a flash because I would think it wouldn't survive NG...

I think if you make something with decent graphics, nice backgroundmusic, not pointless and not to short, it won't get blammed. I think this is what most people expect. Well just don't give up. Read some reviews (ignore the stupid ones) to get to know what you could do better and try to make another flash.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 16 November 2014)

BBS Signature
DariusR
DariusR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Animator
Response to Just wondering... 2005-04-24 16:08:44 Reply

Sure thanks.....the problem is...I have no story!!!!!!! Who cares, I'll think one up soon! XD

And it makes me mad sometimes when people give me a 0 because they're in a bad mood.

BBS Signature
TBF
TBF
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Just wondering... 2005-04-24 16:14:14 Reply

At 4/24/05 04:08 PM, Monk_09 wrote: Sure thanks.....the problem is...I have no story!!!!!!! Who cares, I'll think one up soon! XD

Why not ask on the flash forum for some storyline ideas? You can obvioulsy animate so maybe thats all you need.

And it makes me mad sometimes when people give me a 0 because they're in a bad mood.

That, unfortunatly happens a lot.

DariusR
DariusR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Animator
Response to Just wondering... 2005-04-24 16:16:11 Reply

Yes, that happens.

I was planning to make a huge storyline for the mario's sandwich one because I was planning to make a whole new adventure over some sandwich. It didnt' work out. I have anothe Sonic one but I couldn't think any further....

I usually plan the story out as I go. Maybe that's the problem.

BBS Signature
DariusR
DariusR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Animator
Response to Just wondering... 2005-04-24 16:38:03 Reply

Sorry for DP, let's say I want to make a flash quickie. Doese it still count as a crappy movie?

BBS Signature