Respond to this Topic
MarkWillett
MarkWillett
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Game Developer
Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 19:04:53 Reply

Ok well this is what I have to ask and say. As you all ready know Tom I sent you a few emails about it, thanks for the fast reply. I wanted to ask after reading the front post, a few questions that popped in my head:

Are you planning on making the area/bulding that you get a design location like a work area, or is it going to be a office/entertainment area maybe like a little lounge with computers in it?

As for renting the rest of it. Please I am already intrested in that. How much would it cost for a place to sleep and live in the back , maybe a location to host Skuddle Media when its up and running and son on. Please hit us up on that one.

Downtime? Ok well if everything is running off of home office and computers how much downtime will newgrounds recieve when the server is relocated/IP changed from the incoming lines, switchboards all setup again, and new networking? Its going to be a pain.

Creative Team? Are you planning on making a creative team that works for newgrounds? Maybe one that has a office to go to and creates flash animations for the web based on ideas etc like JibJab media. This way it continues to show the spotlight on newgrounds?

Your goals are becoming physical assets and your being able to check and knick them out one by one. First Newgrounds, then a videogame, now a building, I see a empire growing fast.

Heres an idea: " You should open a media center that people can come too, to work on flash movies for newgrounds, and when they make it using *cough* Legally *cough* on computers there with real registered versions of flash, then have a little Official Newgrounds Intro kinda like the loading ones used to have that flashed on the tank and Newgrounds.Com then loaded the movie, but something says: Created in the Newgrounds.com Flash Lounge or something. Charge a membership fee.. you got it made.

-CranberryClock

Eff it.

Banana-Clock
Banana-Clock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 20:04:18 Reply

you should post the places address so people who live in the area like I can come and see the place.

SHIT-TASTER
SHIT-TASTER
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 20:32:17 Reply

Damn I wish I lived there.

JesterGorky
JesterGorky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 20:48:31 Reply

Ah man newgrounds is gettin its own buildin!!! thats like totally mental! Was it just like some dudes in a room before or what man? Next thing u know we'll b havin like newgroundsburgars an $h!t, would u like fries or a blood thursty stick guy with that?!?! Mayb a side order of david firth? But yeah man NG kicks ass...what am i talkin about? **puts down the glass pipe**

Satoshiji
Satoshiji
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 20:52:47 Reply

Alright! I'm glad you got the building after all.

If only Dan lived near the office, eh? XD

MAYORMCHEESE
MAYORMCHEESE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 21:05:18 Reply

At 4/19/05 05:16 PM, Pewpsicle wrote:
At 4/19/05 04:42 PM, MAYORMCHEESE wrote:
uh oh whoops i forgot my [/sarcasm] hahahahahah
Nice coverup...

D'oh!!!

*[/sarcasm]*'s !!!

unban russianspy22

BBS Signature
l2-ushxxx
l2-ushxxx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 21:29:47 Reply

Hurray! We might get a office! I pray for no down time during the transfer...and how are you going to pay for stuff? ...Electricty and stuff...thats gonna be tuff dude!

BBS Signature
ArtistJ
ArtistJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 21:45:29 Reply

so, when is the T3 line being installed?
Oh, and you should let bedn be your Janitor.

BBS Signature
oc-fuzzy
oc-fuzzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 22:05:13 Reply

nothing like watching a good website go corprate, yippe

You're so pretty, like a tree, or a high-class prostitute.

BBS Signature
Omegaman12
Omegaman12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 22:51:28 Reply

Awesome, good job with the new bid. I'm definitely glad that there is now a potential for a Newgrounds Building. I can't wait to see it myself. I might go there myself and express my appreciation, and, hopefully, meet the great Newgrounds creators themselves.

Definitely the best of luck to you Newgrounds Creators on your new building, and I hope you all do fine in making that building, flourish into a powerful company.

It may be just a one story building right now, but that doesn't mean its going to stay that small. It's just a small step to your big road on to Newgrounds Progression.

I can definitely see something big happening, and I hope it becomes true (or better). Please try your best to get this building, so that way we all know what home could be for Newgrounds.

I would definitely help out, if i could, but as of right now, I can't, too much School stuff to do, and I don't have "money" to donate, which I really want to if I could. I'm just that dedicated to help out, if I could. Sorry that I can't.

RaynChild
RaynChild
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 23:23:54 Reply

Awesome stuff Tom. Hope that all works out for ya. How much is it gonna costa ya exactly?

Real estate is pretty spendy...so i'm guessing atLEAST 1500...if it's any cheaper, you rather got a crappy building, or really ripped them off.

GoDDawgas
GoDDawgas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 23:26:16 Reply

... you better hope you get that building man.
i mean like, it would make newgrounds even better (and like, you could rent out some of the building for like, a video game arcade [because they are great ways to make money] or something like that [food court - oh wait, the building is too small :( ] )
I wanna work there.
shame about the no ultracool tank logo sign...
OMG GREAT IDEA! sell newgrounds things there, as well as a computer cafe thingy and stuff (somebody before me mentioned that)
this post sucks, but not it's contents!
Hope you have buisness sucess, Tom!

EarthCrisis
EarthCrisis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-20 00:07:44 Reply

At 4/19/05 06:55 PM, Z_T wrote: No way, man! Build a bigass obnoxious sign and stick it into the front lawn, bwahah!

Yeah Tom do that, unless of course it is illegal in the area you are in to have signs( it actually is in some places) well pole signs, monument signs seem to be hanging in there but the little flashing arrow signs are illegal where I'm at soo we put up a huge ass! monument sign instead.

EarthCrisis
EarthCrisis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-20 00:11:05 Reply

I got it put a giant NG tank statue in front of the building with "Newgrounds" in front of it in like bright yellow made from neon. You could work it out to where the neon is almost unbreakable by surrounding it in fiberglass. or each letter at least.

Enoll
Enoll
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Writer
Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-20 00:31:41 Reply

At 4/19/05 09:45 PM, ArtistJ wrote: Oh, and you should let bedn be your Janitor.

But then they'd have to put a lock on the candy.

The idea of doing flash screenings is cool.

R.I.P LIVECORPSE

OMFG-LOL-11111
OMFG-LOL-11111
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-20 00:33:22 Reply

Sounds great, hope all that works

SlashFirestorm
SlashFirestorm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Animator
Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-20 01:37:03 Reply

I hope you get the office. And I agree with others in the idea of a tank mural.
If you do buy it, I'll have to visit sometime I'm in the area. Good luck, Tom. And Newgrounds will still kick ass whether you get the building or not.

Slash's call
was absorbed
by the darkness.

BBS Signature
twindragon6
twindragon6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-20 01:57:51 Reply

Cool, I hope it all works out! For the sign I think one with the full logo like the one on the upper left hand corner of the main web page would be just fine. Just like that. Also for a mural I was thinking some crazy freaky air brush work would just rock, just get happy with it!

someone-else
someone-else
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-20 02:05:20 Reply

You should post some pictures of the office, it would be nice to see it online.

int experience, posts;
while(experience/10 >= posts)
{posts++};

Unopened-Wound
Unopened-Wound
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-20 02:58:00 Reply

I'm glad you up'd the ammount, and I hope it goes through for you Tom, good luck with ever thing! I want to see pics if you get, and it's good to hear NG will have a new home...* tear*

Holy smokers eve batman! I didn't realize the time/day HAPPY 420! everyone and I hope your day is smokerful! Blaze a fatty TOM!

Office Update (again)

Grandma, why do you keep the peanut butter so close to the rat poison? ... Mmm peanut butter.

BBS Signature
Jedi-Coconut
Jedi-Coconut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-20 05:26:01 Reply

At 4/20/05 02:58 AM, TOOL_luver_1986 wrote: I'm glad you up'd the ammount, and I hope it goes through for you Tom, good luck with ever thing! I want to see pics if you get, and it's good to hear NG will have a new home...* tear*

Holy smokers eve batman! I didn't realize the time/day HAPPY 420! everyone and I hope your day is smokerful! Blaze a fatty TOM!

So... why don't you go to the amature sig club and get that pic as a sig? no picture spamming here please,

Ooh! The tension gets higher(?) Lets hope we win this battle and get the building! ^_^ Ha! Newgrounds offices! ^_^ (again)

*fingers still crossed* (most feeling lost and pins and needles coming in due to loss of bloody)

bah to the oposision...

nueterz
nueterz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-20 09:21:19 Reply

Tom Fulp >As for signage... I hate to disappoint, but I don't plan to get too garish with the NG branding on the front of the building. I want to keep it tasteful (for the sake of the neighborhood) and will probably name it the "Newgrounds Design Center" or something like that.

DUDE!!! Get some publicity make a scene get in the paper break some city codes for christ sake.

There was once this small mom and pop liquior store downtown next to the homeless shelter they made a moderate income until they painted the place pink and called it pussy's liquior then all the towns folk came in because it made front page for breaking some city codes and pissing off the old folk.

now they are retired sitting on a beach somewhere sipping coronas.

masterchief2888
masterchief2888
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-20 10:06:48 Reply

At 4/19/05 01:01 AM, TomFulp wrote:

"Newgrounds Design Center" or something like that. I'm not planning to paint the tank logo on the exterior, but if I put a glass front on the building, I'm thinking an interior wall with a giant mural might look pretty cool from the street. Who knows, there's tons of potential.

lol ng design center !!! Might as well call it the newgrounds recreation center for disabled adults ! lmfao~

Morextremist
Morextremist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-20 11:20:58 Reply

cool, you can have flash seminars at the building, help pay off the loan

Megy
Megy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-20 16:24:56 Reply

At 4/19/05 01:01 AM, TomFulp wrote: WAWA (the greatest thing in the tri-state area)!

Aren't you proud I didn't put "Quoted for great justice?"

Remember the good old days.

BBS Signature
Fallin-Again
Fallin-Again
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-20 16:37:13 Reply

mabe tom should build a seperate room for animators ro work in..................he did mention it being calle dthe newgrounds design center.............so why not have animators working there to? Since the office is big that will give his animators enough room for story line boards and such! Lol mabe he could even create a front desk for a secretary to take newgrounds calls!

I dont know it was just an idea.......................but hey you never know what could happen!

Also good luck with the office Tom!

yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea

RAVEN
RAVEN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-20 16:45:34 Reply

holy shit tom is the office gonna be in montgomery county?

GameSlave
GameSlave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-20 17:15:29 Reply

At 4/19/05 06:26 PM, -Michael- wrote:
At 4/19/05 06:02 PM, not_a_flavored_drink wrote: Heh, I had a feeling you would buy the building. Congrats, Tom.
OMG WTF HE DIDN'T BUY THE BUILDING YET!

Please people, read what he said before you post a comment.

He needs to accomplish 3 things in order to finalize the deal.

I don't need to remind you of those things.

Yea, srry about that. I hope all the building will belong to Tom.

Office Update (again)

Darkl89
Darkl89
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-20 17:24:03 Reply

Yeah! Newground is all grown up!

I'm happy for all of you!

High 5 Tom Fulp, The Newground Team and everyone who made this possible! I love you guys(and gals)!

00vader00
00vader00
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-20 17:45:20 Reply

Well Tom I bet you will get the building
NG I think deserves a office building I think
Hey maybe you can live in it to lol