Respond to this Topic
TeHKeYBLadEMaStEr
TeHKeYBLadEMaStEr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 10:07:17 Reply

We believe in you Tom. We're sure what ever you do will be best for Newgrounds.

Ineffiable
Ineffiable
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 10:51:29 Reply

You don't want to wonder "what if" now do you Tom? Go get that office and hire mexicans like Ozcar to help you set the office up.

Sorondos
Sorondos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 11:23:45 Reply

Hell yeah go for it I think you should buy it it will last for a good while and if you get tried of it sell it.

I'm but a simple man, and just a traveler. Tempt me not to the Light nor Darkness... for I travel a harder road, the road of Twilight.

hero-of-time1017
hero-of-time1017
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 12:45:20 Reply

wo0ts! tom go for it so i can work there sum day but we love u so watever u choose to do we'll bak u 100%- but just dont let the reason of u not raising it be because of the other company =P NEWGROUNDS 4 LIFE

<deleted>
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 12:54:21 Reply

Man, you should just tkae all the awards and shit off and use the money to make a higher bid!!!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

JokerZero
JokerZero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 13:11:44 Reply

Dont take that from them! Declare the building as yours! We can put cannons, and stuff on the roof...And be complete jackasses! We could launch alien hominid toys out of the cannon at there mall! hahahhaha...Sounds like a blast! Take the building and call it your Den!

((besides, I am pretty sure that any newgrounds-fan in the immediate area will help remodel it if its a fixer-uper....That or they will work there or slack off drinking mountain dew watching cartoon network...sweet..))

RupeeClock
RupeeClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Animator
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 14:24:16 Reply

What you should really do Tom is, just make a higher bid than your previous, you'd have no idea as to whether or not if you'd win so just let chance decide, either NG will get an office, or the public will get a parking spot, eitherway it's likely that you could maybe get another office elsewhere so, man it's a real tough decision huh?

SkitsoJD
SkitsoJD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 15:37:05 Reply

BUy it at any cost! You couild then expend and move into a lucrative deal with certain hollywood types! OMG think of the possiblilites!

JackPhantasm
JackPhantasm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 15:47:53 Reply

I expect to see the building turned into the websites layout. Like, make it slick and young with your adolescent spirits. Make it seem like it's ashamed to be called office. Make it rebel against conformity!

KorteX
KorteX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 17:29:05 Reply

Challenge the other company to a game of dodgeball.

Monkey-Lazer
Monkey-Lazer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 17:36:04 Reply

Does it matter where the spirit of NG is? As long as it heart beats hard, I think the many many people that come here will be happy.

Pilot-Doofy
Pilot-Doofy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Musician
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 17:37:52 Reply

Come on Tom, get off your mound of $100 dollar bills and buy the bastard! While you're at it, put the neighboring company out of business. lol

Steve84
Steve84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Gamer
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 18:53:06 Reply

I wish I could send you alot of money to help you out Tom

OwenFoo
OwenFoo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 19:06:48 Reply

Wow tom I think you should do it. But it really is up to you and I hope it turns out ok for you.

Richardn1
Richardn1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Melancholy
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 19:28:23 Reply

I think its great that you don't want that building to go down.I hope for the best of things and to all of you at the hopfully soon 100% beautiful inviting NewGrounds Office.Well...BYE!

Bloo-dragin
Bloo-dragin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 21:02:50 Reply

U should bid on the building and if it gets to an amouint where you cant pay you should bid just a little bit above the other business to make them pay more for it, and if u loose the building u should open a can o` whoop ass on them

TheSquishy
TheSquishy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 21:29:26 Reply

RAISE THE BID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve84
Steve84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Gamer
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 22:35:38 Reply

Tom don't giver up hope that office will be yours man I can wait until you get an office for Newgrounds

Omegaman12
Omegaman12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 22:45:03 Reply

I've been with Newgrounds for quite some time ( of course, my profile doesnt prove that, but it would if I had thought about making a profile a long time ago. ) I always liked it ever since I was in 8th grade. It's been 3 1/2 years now. I honestly never thought about a building that would be dedicated to Newgrounds. I didn't think it was that big of a deal, but now that I think about it, it would definitely mean something big and important, not just to us (the viewers), and not just to you creators of Newgrounds, but it wouldn't definitely mean a lot to the Newgrounds actual name itself.

This building would definitely mean something to all of us, regardless of how great the building may be. (I would definitely want to visit the building myself). Of course, you are also concerned about how the neighboring company might feel if you buy the building, and they don't have the parking space that they probably wanted. But, you got to think for yourself sometimes too, you know because if you don't, then who will?

Of course there are hard steps into making a great company, and since this Newgrounds site has been going on for quite some time, not only would it would do some great benefits for the site, but it would also be appreciated by all the Newgrounds users, im quite sure of that. You don't think that making a great company would be easy did you? Of course it isn't.

Of course, I have no idea of what you guys do over there, or an exact account of what could be going on, but I, as a Newgrounds user, would definitely express my gratitude if you would buy that building. I honestly would be glad to know that there is a Newgrounds building out there for us all to know that there is. I never thought about it really, and now that you post this up, it really does make me wonder of what it would be like to have a building that had the name, Newgrounds, on it.

Honestly though, if it was me, I would do WHATEVER it took to get that building because all of these users would also like the name of home for Newgrounds. Now, I don't understand your situation as much as you do, so I couldn't possibly imagine what you are going through right now to decide whether to have this building, or whether to let it turn into a parking lot. But seriously, would you rather see the building be turned into a parking lot, where other peoples cars just sit there and have a place to stay, even though they could just use the parking lots that have already been with that other company, OR would you like to see it turn into a flourishing building, with the proud title of Newgrounds, where YOU know that everyone would love to see, and even help out in any way they could.

I myself, would help, I would do whatever I could to help out in the buildings needs and would even apply for a job there (if you could, who knows), but right now, I can't do that because i'm not old enough, and im still going to school. Believe me when I say this though, if I ever get a job and make a well amount of money, you can count on me to help out and donate in the advancement of Newgrounds and the Newgrounds building itself. That's how much I appreciate you making such a grand site for us all to use. If it weren't for people like you creating the site of Newgrounds, I would of never seen the greatness of the internet and what it has to hold, like games, flash movies, forums, and all that other good stuff.

So, don't just buy it for me, or for us, buy it for your own benefits, and for the greatest website name of all time, that I know of, NEWGROUNDS!!!

crashphreak
crashphreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 22:48:09 Reply

buy the bitch

EarthCrisis
EarthCrisis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 23:02:00 Reply

Tom think of it this way. If you do raise the bid . the price of the renovation should add on to the buildings cost. it will usually add more than you pay for renovation unless of course it is in really bad shape and then don't do it. In 5 or 10 years the other company will possibly buy you out. ouyou can make the price soo high that you could get another building, a better building anyway. Maybe the city might widen the road and then you could get even more just put more than the buildings worth along with Sentimental value and the damn city will give you enough to buy another lot build another building, and have enough left over so you can get plasma Tv's on every floor.

Mad-Mon
Mad-Mon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-18 00:18:20 Reply

Hey Dawg,

Poop or get off the pot, period. If you do buy it, pull your belt in tighter and stock up on ramen noodles and roll with it until it's finished. If you don't buy it, don't regret it; and sure as heck don't complain about it. You should look for other buildings now; you might even find a better one that dosen't require that you dump extra money in it. I'm surpirsed you don't have several on your list now. I am currently looking at several spots in my city and I am considering looking in another city just for the networking opportunities.

Someone gave me some advice on how to pick junk out, maybe it'll help you: liken your purchase to a parking space: Sure you can park in any available one, but is that where you want to be? If you do park where you see a spot, are you merely settling? Since you also have to put money into your building, also consider this: Is feeding the meter worth the time you plan staying in that spot? A little patience could open up a spot on your terms.

Anyways, whatever you do you should pray on it, and quit your humming and hawing. ;)

Duggler-Shinobi
Duggler-Shinobi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-18 00:22:44 Reply

1st I would actually ASK the neighbouring company whether they were buying it. You could always make an agreement with the other company, like their customers can use some of your parking space etc. If I had to choose i'd buy it. With buying it, you miht be ale to get some media coverage, and overall bring more viewers into the site. Imagine, your 1st office, your "new grounds" of work or sumthing like that. How many years would you hate yourself after if you didn't buy it?

fettsvette
fettsvette
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-18 01:53:11 Reply

IF you do happen to buy the building, ill do a office blessing on it :)

Eques-Ardor
Eques-Ardor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-18 02:10:39 Reply

Here's some incentive :)

Office Update

BBS Signature
Nemesis911
Nemesis911
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-18 03:11:25 Reply

Haha, that's awesome.

... I want a big building with a Newgrounds sign on it. :(

Zanco
Zanco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-18 03:40:18 Reply

Yes that would be very cool

Bloo-dragin
Bloo-dragin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-18 04:03:48 Reply

Tom, if it looks like u cxnat win the build (i hope u win) then go to the company and say i will forfit the build if u give me this amount of money... would that work or would i just be creating a law suit?? im not good with the law =\ anyways, I HOPE YOU WIN TOM!!!!

Stamper
Stamper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Melancholy
Response to Office Update 2005-04-18 07:09:29 Reply

At 4/17/05 05:29 PM, KorteX wrote: Challenge the other company to a game of dodgeball.

Haha, yes.

YO MAMA GOT SAGGY TITTIES LMAO

BBS Signature
FatherTime89
FatherTime89
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-18 08:39:25 Reply

What type of business is the neighboring business that wants to tear it down? It might need the parkinng space more then we need the office, I mean newgrounds isn't really a huge business. Think about how much area the building takes up. If the price is too high you could just rent some offices from an office building and that would be your office. Do you really need a humongus building for this website or do you plan to turn newgrounds into a huge business?