Respond to this Topic
Belgarion2008
Belgarion2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 18:57:53 Reply

yo man Newgrounds deserves to have a office. The sites to kick ass to spend the days in a basment but thats just my oppinion.

RaynChild
RaynChild
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 19:11:35 Reply

Don't let this chance slip! I'd go for it...it's worth it to have a big known of office. We'd be popular out the ass!

I say go for it.

Bou
Bou
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 19:13:33 Reply

im a believer of fate, if ur meant to get it then u will. if u dont then its not meant for you, but u never know what will happen

GameSlave
GameSlave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 19:43:54 Reply

At 4/16/05 12:23 PM, DanPaladin wrote: you are being impulsive. therefore, do not get the building. that is dr. phil's answer.

Dan makes a good point. I don't think an office is necessary. However, if you really want the office and can afford it without having to do somehing drastic, buy the building. Whatever you do, we will support you. At least I will.

poeye-the-sailor-man
poeye-the-sailor-man
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 20:13:29 Reply

yay i have the absolute lowest level in this topic aera as of 16/4/05 YAY

Ineffiable
Ineffiable
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 20:21:09 Reply

Well, you don't really have that many people working on newgrounds now do you?

Pink-Ninja
Pink-Ninja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 20:42:30 Reply

I think you should go for it and up your offer you have just as much right to want the site as the the nearby business does.

I agree with what was said earlier on in the topic about the business getting over it if they are all adults and if they dont then just hold in mind the fact that your above there petty moaning.

Go for it you may not get another chance liek this.

*Sshhh... I'm an NSA spy bot

BBS Signature
DeviousDemon
DeviousDemon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 21:32:11 Reply

I'm sure you'll make the right decision, Tom.

Personally, I think you should go for it... even if you needed everyone with an account to pay one payment of 5$, I wouldn't hold it against you... so long as we had fair warning and you used the money to buy the place.

IYou should also talk to the neighboring business and tell them about your current situation. Try and make a deal or tie up loose ends in case you do decide to make the big move. :D

DeviousDemon
DeviousDemon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 21:41:18 Reply

Maybe the building could be torn down and made into a joint building:
Your offices on the upper level(s), their parking lot on the bottom level(s)

Seriously, if it looks good, do all you can to make it happen, especially a compromise like this that would 1. lower the buying cost for you 2. give you a new business buddy.

JoS
JoS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 22:07:36 Reply

Think, you could have a nice corner office with a view, not just a window well.

Bellum omnium contra omnes

BBS Signature
GUTHRIE
GUTHRIE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Game Developer
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 22:33:45 Reply

If you have the money, go for it. Don't bid too much.
Best of luck.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _Email_Steam_facebook_last.fm_PSN_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ GUTHRIE

BBS Signature
X1n30ph
X1n30ph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Audiophile
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 22:57:08 Reply

How much money problem is it? Is it just the one time payment your having problems with? If so, then i'm sure if you open a Paypal account, you'd get a bunch of NG'ers to help you out. If it's rent thats the problem...thats something else.

But like i said, if it's just the down payment, with the help of the NG'ers you should make all you need and thensome to get the office building.

picokicksass
picokicksass
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 23:13:39 Reply

Tom if you dont have enought money im pretty sure everybody will be willing to help if you asked.

But you should really buy it just imagine want could happen if you did!

thegreatmonkey
thegreatmonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 23:53:16 Reply

YOU are tom fulp. the man who had a dream for a site to show highly entertaining flash to the general public and bring joy into their sad, sad lives. whether by blowing up goths, watching animals play super heroes, watching a fat man dance to a romanian song, hearing bohemian rhapsody combined with AYB, newgrounds has played host to these and many more flashes. what started as a small personal site has grown into a huge mass of amazing quality flash. and everybody loves it. I'll bet you had second thoughts about many things in it's history, from the decision of simply starting the site to the more recent decisions like whether or not to keep the minnesota shooting kids flash on the site. you've faced much harder: the bitchy Penny Bain, the stiff competition from other sites, the money woes of Alien Hominid the game... and look what's happened. penny's gone, the other flash sites are nothing compared to newgrounds' experience system and rapidly growing flash, and alien hominid is winning all kinds of awards and bringing you the prestige you deserve. there will always be risks in your site: this is just another one. but think about it: newgrounds office. it just rolls off your tounge. would you really want to surrender a huge jump in your sites future to a company that just wants parking space? would you keep your site smaller and less personal just so some business could get more parked cars? newgrounds deserves an office. its big. its beautiful. it's the best damn place on the internet (take that, Maddox). it cant survive forever in a basement. its that good.

Jedi-Coconut
Jedi-Coconut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 00:07:43 Reply

Sell your house and let them tear that down

Problem solved.... ^_^ Oh well.... Iguess we'll have to wait a little longer...

ThunderLad
ThunderLad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 00:50:42 Reply

I think you guys need a little office....

Raise your offer

TimeBender
TimeBender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 00:52:20 Reply

for the lovw of GOS timmy bvuy it LOLerskates i said timmy.

I-like-to-burn
I-like-to-burn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 01:04:07 Reply

At 4/15/05 06:52 PM, TomFulp wrote:
So just like in the movies, the fate of this building is in my hands. I can raise my offer and save it from demolition, or sit idly by and spend the rest of my days driving past a parking lot, asking "what if".

Honestly, I don't know what to do. I don't like the idea of being forever disliked by the neighboring company, who really could use the parking space. But it seems a shame to tear down a perfectly fine building. Tacking the cost of rennovation on to the asking price of the building leaves me a bit uneasy, so I'll just have to sleep on it. The NG office might just have to wait.

"Tom buy the building you get a new office and if nothing ele saved aperfectly good building which may someay become a national landmark because of you

AxelFoley
AxelFoley
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 01:31:54 Reply

newgrounds out of the basement into a building will give u respect against the opposing assholes in the town that just need parking space...newgrounds is growing into somthing and this is another chance for u.
i dont kno how much the price is i mean money seems to be everything but if u really want it and can use it take it...think in the long run of things people are cut throat in business and maybe this time u should just cut some throats and take the building instead of leavin it to become rubble.
it can be a bigger start for u guys so if u take it good luck !
and if u dont ill say its out of kind heart for the other business or finacial problems cuz money dont grow on trees

I-Hate-The-Rules
I-Hate-The-Rules
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 02:15:23 Reply

Well Tom I say FUCK IT. Do you realy need a building? Not much time not enogh money. its a big gammble. Tom let the poor over parked companny have there parking lot ok... :)

Edvin
Edvin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 02:41:51 Reply

Buy the office, employ me, make me rich!

Tool-luver-1986
Tool-luver-1986
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 03:13:55 Reply

Go for it you know you want to... pussy(!)

Office Update

solidusliquisol
solidusliquisol
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 03:37:19 Reply

Man, Im sorry to hear that....wish there was something that could be done. Sorry to hear about your dilema, Tom. Hopfully, something else will come along, and your worries will disappear(like in the movies :P)

SOLIDUS

BBS Signature
Bloo-dragin
Bloo-dragin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 04:35:08 Reply

Tom, buy the building make the roof flat and have a parking lot on the roof and let the other company use it =D and i would gladly donate some money to you but i have to pay for a japan trip and i dont have the money and my parents would be like no! u dont know this guy, he could rip u off big time!.. i dont think you would do THAT Tom and if u did.. i still wouldnt hate ya =)

twindragon6
twindragon6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 04:57:38 Reply

I would be careful. They might be trying to work ya for your cash. A fixer upper that is going to be demoed might be a lemon. I think a building for NG would Just rock but not if it takes out NG with it.

AGH
AGH
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 05:12:31 Reply

At 4/16/05 12:23 PM, DanPaladin wrote: you are being impulsive. therefore, do not get the building. that is dr. phil's answer.

And of course, he is NEVER WRONG.

HuIk
HuIk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 05:24:54 Reply

I hope they're not trying to run a scam, getting more for less. I mean what are the odds you'd both have the same offer? Tell them you'll change the site to RemaXGrounds.com for a day. That should be enough incentive.

px hulk.

BBS Signature
Sonichu
Sonichu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 09:33:28 Reply

Tell them they are whores! (people wanting the parking lot)

Office Update

l2-ushxxx
l2-ushxxx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 09:35:48 Reply

So, How much would this cost and stuff?

BBS Signature
kylep0498
kylep0498
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 09:52:58 Reply

Good luck Tom. That would be cool if there was a Newgrounds office.