Shoopufzilla
Shoopufzilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 03:22:18 Reply

Running a business sucks, eh?

I'm too damn lazy to make a decent sig right now.

DJ-Jerakai
DJ-Jerakai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 03:37:58 Reply

Are you sure there are no other suitable locations that might not need be renovated?

apotheosis
apotheosis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 04:00:14 Reply

dude dude dude... just tell the company to go fuck themselves. believe me, i have a prediction that YOU will be the one buying THEIR building to make a parking lot. newgrounds is destined to be a great site for america, and fuck any other captialists that get in your way. if you must, get drunk and tell them to fuck themselves. but either way, its up to you. may i suggest that it would be freaking sweet if you had a warehouse instead and we can all party at your place?

oh yes, tell them to go fuck themselves. gas prices are expensive anyways. they can afford to carpool, them fuckheads.

juraj
juraj
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 04:23:54 Reply

I just decide what is better... Uber basement filled with servers or classical business building with the look and feel of the NG.mag.

I guess it's the building :) Good luck, Tom... You'll need it when making a decision.

juraj
juraj
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 04:25:22 Reply

At 4/16/05 04:23 AM, juraj wrote: I just decide what is better...

Pardon me, I made a mistake.

I just can't decide what is better...
Unopened-Wound
Unopened-Wound
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 04:43:34 Reply

Dude no one can tell you what to do in this matter, so I say follow your heart! If you find the amount too much for you right now you can always find another building, besides haveing a real office can wait alittle longer right, you don't need?! a staff/office at the moment do you? Plus you really need to weigh the pros and cons here, cause you really don't want to get the building, fall behind in payments and what not and loss the place or find something bad about it like its structurely unsound and falling apart, and to top it all off you pissed off the neighbors. So do what you must man, but which ever path you take I hope it all works out in the end.

Office Update

Grandma, why do you keep the peanut butter so close to the rat poison? ... Mmm peanut butter.

BBS Signature
Panthar-1
Panthar-1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 04:51:00 Reply

Pfft that sucks... you just have to find a new building to bid on

dangerousdarren
dangerousdarren
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 05:27:36 Reply

Why not do a service on newgrounds for members like a plantuim page or something where people pay to have one. I think alot of people will do this to help you get the office. I would. I hope you do go through with it man. Plus I would help you set it all up for free! as long as you paid for my ticket from the UK lol

diediedie119
diediedie119
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 05:29:48 Reply

hey i think u should buy it cause if u don't u'll regret it and anyway u can sell when u don't need it anymore

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 05:48:44 Reply

At 4/15/05 06:52 PM, TomFulp wrote: Their offer turned out to be the same as mine. The owners have decided to reject our offers, both well under asking price, and have requested higher offers.

Of course, it all depends on how much more they want. If it's way out of your league (And that of your bank's) you will have no choice.

I think that NG makes enough money to warrant this investment, but what would I know, because no figures have been thrown about.

I'm in favour of you guys getting an office, because this would lead to the afforementioned TANK LOGO on the building, plus other ideas I've had (NG office attire: NG ties, socks, pins, etc) you guys could really go to town on this (No pun intended)

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
DearonElensar
DearonElensar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 06:07:01 Reply

I know i would donate if i had money :P, but anyway i think you should try the building, and as you can see it shouldn't be too hard to find volunteers to help restoring the building... well anyway good luck with it

Dearon

BBS Signature
Stamper
Stamper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Melancholy
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 06:10:06 Reply

FINE TOM, TOSS IT AROUND. LET HIM LEVEL YOUR BUILDING AND YOUR DREAMS.

YO MAMA GOT SAGGY TITTIES LMAO

BBS Signature
Goatpower
Goatpower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 06:12:43 Reply

At 4/15/05 06:52 PM, TomFulp wrote: So just like in the movies, the fate of this building is in my hands. I can raise my offer and save it from demolition, or sit idly by and spend the rest of my days driving past a parking lot, asking "what if".

That sounds pretty emotional, actually.

Starogre
Starogre
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 07:04:21 Reply

I really think you should take this building, I mean, they would be the ones that people would get mad at, for demolishing a building. It's kinda like what happened near me.

There was a BB&T bank sharing a kinda small building with a flower shop which was right next to a bigger building, which was a small, nice restaurant. BB&T ended up buying out the land and building, demolishing it, and building a huge bank, for some reason...

But anyways, I really think you should buy it, for they are the ones that are tearing down a perfectly good building. If you buy it, you'll be living next door to some people who might not like you, but hey, it's not like they would do anything about it. If they REALLY hate the fact that you bought it, you can always sell it for more! ;P

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature
BlackVivi
BlackVivi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 07:04:43 Reply

I would really suggest you to buy it. Maybe it will cost a lil more, but it will be worth it. If you don't, you'll maybe regret it later. You said it's a great building, so take it!

pukepuddle
pukepuddle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 07:08:07 Reply

Save the building, if you don't do it you will want to smack against the head with a hammer cause you didn't buy it, go Tom buy, you won't regret it.

legendary-ssj
legendary-ssj
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 07:15:16 Reply

y'know Tom, you should really completely destroy those fuckers. it would be like:
"in the year 2018, Tom appeared infront of the Killed Kittens company"
"omg!!!!11!1 wh0 teh fuck r u????!!!!+++???!!"
"I'm Tom, an android from the future and I'm here to tell you that because of your parking lot, the world is no longer a stabile and safe place to live at"
"w00t!!!1!!"
"you must die!!! Special Tom cannon!"
"argh! he pierced me with his energy beam"
"now I'll blow this company to hell!!! kamehameTOM!!!!

bradabradabrada...

and so, the world was saved, by tom

Eldarion
Eldarion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 07:51:43 Reply

Don't give up, Tom. This opportunity is too good to pass up.

Tommy
Tommy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 08:15:39 Reply

I hope you get it Tom .

Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 09:13:29 Reply

Buy it! Buy! Buy!

Newgrounds needs a real home. You know it. Do it for us, do it for the little users that joins every minutes!

Aksumka
Aksumka
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Melancholy
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 09:17:14 Reply

Damn it. That really sucks.

|| AK || Play TF2 @ AK's ||
NG Archive - The Problems of the Past, Today!

BBS Signature
Miles
Miles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 09:33:57 Reply

I say go for it. It would be cool if NG had an office.

BBS Signature
NanoBeer
NanoBeer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 10:01:26 Reply

hey tom, how about u post a picture of this office, and then we can make yay or nay votes!

fusionspill
fusionspill
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 10:26:14 Reply

most people that buy buildings dont keep it for themselves. so what you should do is buy it. Spend an extra $5,000 to fix it up a bit then once you do that you can sell the building for a better price you bought it for. once that is sold you can buy another one that is 10times better.

mikhail-gorbachev
mikhail-gorbachev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 10:32:20 Reply

Theres a lot of things to be considered Tom. While having an office would be convenient, you'd have to have adequate funding for it, you'd need people to work there, basically, lots of money issues. Im not sure how you're doing financially but i say that at the moment whatever is cheapest is probably best. For example, if, somehow (though i never think this could possibly happen) if somehow you ended up having to turn ng into a pay site or a somewhat pay site, know thousands, if not millions would be hugely disappointed. But if you get an office and things get expensive, that idea might pop into your head. There are just a lot of money issues to think about before you jump into something like that

Will-Palmer
Will-Palmer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 11:16:05 Reply

SAVE THE TREES! *cough* i meant building... yeah thats what i meant.

AnzRage
AnzRage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 11:29:23 Reply

If you get an office. Newgrounds will be too much like giant company. Well I don't care it's starting to become one anyways.

BBS Signature
RaelX
RaelX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 11:49:32 Reply

Most people think you should get the building. I agree with them. Screw that company: they already have one of their own; let them park on the streets (and loose their cars for that matter). It's not your problem. The world of capitalism is hard, they should already know that.

Like the other guy said: NEWGROUNDS is also a "company" and don't forget we will support you the way we can, k?

FridayAlex
FridayAlex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 12:00:17 Reply

Get the building add some more parking space and charge something like 5 or 3 dollars for all day parking. Then ever body WINS.

HellBoyOO2
HellBoyOO2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 12:00:27 Reply

DOIT!