00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

AH Press, Office Update

7,386 Views | 63 Replies
Respond to this Topic

AH Press, Office Update 2005-04-15 07:34:23

Today is the deadline for the response to my offer for the potential NG office (see post below). I'll announce the results when I hear them.

I just updated the Alien Hominid Press Section. This is a fun page that highlights all the magazine coverage we have tracked for AH! It doesn't include television or newspaper and we gave up on tracking the internet, but it's all really cool. With the European release on May 27th (check out Vote-Alien.com!), we will likely be splitting this into two pages - one for US press and one for Europe. John and I did some recent press meet-ups on our recent trip to England.

I'm sure many of you are pleased to see I stopped plugging the Flash version of Alien Hominid in the featured content above. That doesn't mean I don't need to promote the console version, though! While Alien Hominid for the PS2 and Gamecube has become nearly impossible to find via US retail, we still have copies available in our on-line store! Be sure to snag a copy before it is gone forever and becomes a collector's item! :)

Giant Magazine recently gave AH an A+, and the latest Nintendo Power awarded it the "Most Pleasant Surprise of the Year". The March issue of Game Developer magazine has a page featuring Dan's concept art, and watch future issues for a post mortem on AH development!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to AH Press, Office Update 2005-04-15 07:36:30

Hope ya get the space tom,paint the tank on the front wall lol.....

(probably 3 post by now but if its th first w00t)

Response to AH Press, Office Update 2005-04-15 07:39:11

It's a good thing the Europeons are getting AH soon. Hominid is a great game that deserves to be seen around the world. It's only hated by people who have a fetish of stuffing electronics down their pants.

Response to AH Press, Office Update 2005-04-15 07:40:49

At 4/15/05 07:36 AM, jacobsd wrote: Post #1

I've always wondered, does that count as spam? I mean it is, but does it result in a ban?

Good luck again, you really deserve a proper building to work in.

Response to AH Press, Office Update 2005-04-15 07:43:49

The publicity for the game is really widespread now. I have to tell my friend (who buys off the net) to get this game for me. After checking your website, I noticed your store which had figurines! Wow.

Anyway, I sent you an article you never received. Oh well. Wish you luck though.

Response to AH Press, Office Update 2005-04-15 07:44:24

At 4/15/05 07:34 AM, TomFulp wrote: I'm sure many of you are pleased to see I stopped plugging the Flash version of Alien Hominid in the featured content above.

I didn't mind AH being on the front page. I can see why you kept it there. But don't you think Numa Numa Dance has been long enough on the front page? I think the guy has got enough attention already.

It seems AH console version will be launched in Europe around the same time the new Star Wars opens, so I will be most likely focusing my attention and money on the latter. I'm not really that convinced I should by Alien Hominid. I'm not a big fan of sidescrollers. Plus I would need a new PS2, since mine is broken :(

Response to AH Press, Office Update 2005-04-15 07:48:23

Woah, an Newgrounds office would be bad-ass.

Response to AH Press, Office Update 2005-04-15 07:50:41

At 4/15/05 07:36 AM, jacobsd wrote: Post #1

WOW. i mean WTF.

oh and cool tom thanks for the link ..

NOTE: PSN Illegal-Product or ILLEGALPRODUCT

BBS Signature

Response to AH Press, Office Update 2005-04-15 07:54:54

post num3r phree?

Response to AH Press, Office Update 2005-04-15 07:56:35

Damn is AH ever going to actually be sold in Australia without being shipped over seas cause im waiting for it to arrive in Australia before i buy it and if not then im gonna get it shipped over

you poopers

Response to AH Press, Office Update 2005-04-15 08:04:06

Alien Hominid will be released in Australia and New Zealand as part of the European release.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to AH Press, Office Update 2005-04-15 08:07:02

I hope the office becomes a reality...can you tell us how much you bid on it? What's it like? How big is it?

Response to AH Press, Office Update 2005-04-15 08:10:36

At 4/15/05 08:04 AM, TomFulp wrote: Alien Hominid will be released in Australia and New Zealand as part of the European release.

Tom,dont forget I plugged Ah in Blacklisted 411! and 2600 mags......I also plugged Newgrounds and told ppl to create a profile.

Response to AH Press, Office Update 2005-04-15 08:12:41

I wonder if the Newgrounds HQ will be large enough to but in a bar, maybe even a mechanical bull...

AH Press, Office Update

Response to AH Press, Office Update 2005-04-15 08:14:05

after all the hard work its finally time for you guys to collect the fruits! :) good luck with the euro release

BBS Signature

Response to AH Press, Office Update 2005-04-15 08:17:36

If you get this office, Tom, you must waste no time in calling MTV to set up The Real Mod Lounge. My ideas are cash cows!

I could surely die

If I only had some pie

Club-a-Club Club, son

BBS Signature

Response to AH Press, Office Update 2005-04-15 08:18:40

At 4/15/05 08:04 AM, TomFulp wrote: Alien Hominid will be released in Australia and New Zealand as part of the European release.

WOOT.
But wait...not on GameCube for Australia? Quit denying a third of your audience in each Region! (or is that a quarter? playstaion is half the market).

BBS Signature

Response to AH Press, Office Update 2005-04-15 08:27:12

At 4/15/05 07:36 AM, XXXMATTXXX wrote: Hope ya get the space tom,paint the tank on the front wall lol.....

Or just put a tank infront of the building. :)

Response to AH Press, Office Update 2005-04-15 08:41:54

That Alien Hominid page sounds fun to shuffle through, hope you get the office Tom. By the way if you need a janitor I'm open.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to AH Press, Office Update 2005-04-15 08:46:20

Oh good, I'll be looking forward to that Tom.

And for those who can read small text on JPEG, this was an article I found in the Kid's paper in January (In Australia, kids section of a paper called 'Herald Sun'). Hope it's ok.

AH Press, Office Update

Response to AH Press, Office Update 2005-04-15 08:47:31

At 4/15/05 07:34 AM, TomFulp wrote: Today is the deadline for the response to my offer for the potential NG office (see post below). I'll announce the results when I hear them.

It would be great to see if you got that office block. Is it multi-storey block or a single floor. Also, Is there a certain time today the deadline is, or is it until midnight? Good luck.

It's also great to see everyone taking in Alien Hominid so well. Seen any profit from it yet?

BBS Signature

Response to AH Press, Office Update 2005-04-15 08:55:14

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Formerly penisstar, now so gay that cr0m cries in his grave. The Star Syndickate can suck my balls uwu. Sevenstar is still a pedophile, except older and creepier.

Response to AH Press, Office Update 2005-04-15 09:19:01

First page maybe!

Spamming complete.

Response to AH Press, Office Update 2005-04-15 09:43:35

At 4/15/05 08:17 AM, Star_Cleaver wrote: If you get this office, Tom, you must waste no time in calling MTV to set up The Real Mod Lounge. My ideas are cash cows!

No one wants to see a bunch of people behind pc's stroking their penis/vagina/man-gina whilst banning people to satisfy their sadistic needs. Actually, some might but that wouldn't be proper day time television.

No more fucking moving .gifs? WHAT THE HELL. FUCK YOU.

BBS Signature

Response to AH Press, Office Update 2005-04-15 09:43:55

At 4/15/05 08:27 AM, _lightning_ wrote:
At 4/15/05 07:36 AM, XXXMATTXXX wrote: Hope ya get the space tom,paint the tank on the front wall lol.....

Or just put a tank infront of the building. :)

yea but that would cost a shitload of money,they could just hire some1 to paint the building.
or just put an NG hq sign up then do the inside so it isnt vunerable to graphiti or those bums shitting on the walls again :S

Response to AH Press, Office Update 2005-04-15 09:46:15

Is there any idea when Alien hominid will be coming out in aus.
Also, will it be coming out for gamecube in aus? And good luck for the whole office thing

Response to AH Press, Office Update 2005-04-15 10:17:38

Hey tom, i think i read somewhere on the internet that AH is coming out on XBOX in America in a few months. Is this true?

BBS Signature

Response to AH Press, Office Update 2005-04-15 10:21:39

On the Xbox Version how is it gonna be Live? Is there gonna be co-op online or leaderboards or downloadable content?

Response to AH Press, Office Update 2005-04-15 10:40:12

At 4/15/05 10:21 AM, DrDeath2k3 wrote: On the Xbox Version how is it gonna be Live? Is there gonna be co-op online or leaderboards or downloadable content?

I doubt it but that would be really awesome! Either way, it's a great game.

Response to AH Press, Office Update 2005-04-15 10:46:35

That's awsome...AH in Playboy! Wait, I have that issue.