Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to Show NG your instrument! Apr. 22nd, 2013 @ 08:44 PM Reply

At 4/22/13 07:17 PM, camoshark wrote:
At 4/22/13 07:00 PM, SineRider wrote: Hello
Nice Zither!

I've recently acquired a Dan Tran (Vietnamese equivalent to the Chinese Guzheng or the Japanese Koto) as well as a Himalayan Bansuri, should probably take a photo like this to show off my funky instruments too at some point.

Rule no. 543 of the Audio Portal Forum: Camoshark must always upstage Samulis with everything.

It's cool bro... just wait until I find a Sackbut.

My Music - Virtual Instruments - Website
Orchestral/Cinematic Composer

BBS Signature
SineRider
SineRider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Show NG your instrument! Apr. 22nd, 2013 @ 08:47 PM Reply

Nice Zither!

Huh, I thought it was a hammered dulcimer? Or are those the same? I got it second hand anyways haha

camoshark
camoshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Show NG your instrument! Apr. 22nd, 2013 @ 08:54 PM Reply

At 4/22/13 08:47 PM, SineRider wrote:
Nice Zither!
Huh, I thought it was a hammered dulcimer? Or are those the same? I got it second hand anyways haha

They're in the same family, although on second look this is the american version called the Dulcimer, so you're right, my bad.

Also, @Samulis, don't feel too bad, you'll always beat me when it comes to emulating Wagnerian Polkas! :P

Innovative works come from lateral thinking. NGADM Paring List 2013!
SoundCloud | Logical-Defiance | Facebook

BBS Signature
KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Show NG your instrument! Apr. 22nd, 2013 @ 11:06 PM Reply

What's that cool looking plucker?

The oppressed, instead of striving for liberation, tend themselves to become oppressors. — Paulo Freire

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Show NG your instrument! Apr. 23rd, 2013 @ 12:08 AM Reply

At 4/22/13 11:06 PM, Elitistinen wrote:
What's that cool looking plucker?

Did you not read 2 posts above your own?

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Show NG your instrument! May. 16th, 2013 @ 10:02 PM Reply

We got these new versions of the launchpad (they call em Launchpad-S) at work and I couldnt not buy one. This shit integrates perfectly with FL. Super bright ass LEDs, no lag.

It even comes with FL stickers <3

P.S. This is what it looks like with bright ass white lights on in the room. Its that bright.

Show NG your instrument!

SineRider
SineRider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Show NG your instrument! May. 16th, 2013 @ 10:34 PM Reply

At 5/16/13 10:02 PM, Breed wrote: We got these new versions of the launchpad (they call em Launchpad-S)

What are the differences between the original?

Here is the basis of my new project

a midi controller

Show NG your instrument!

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Show NG your instrument! May. 16th, 2013 @ 11:28 PM Reply

At 5/16/13 10:34 PM, SineRider wrote:
At 5/16/13 10:02 PM, Breed wrote: We got these new versions of the launchpad (they call em Launchpad-S)
What are the differences between the original?

Brighter less laggy lights.

Mobile support (can be bus powered from a mobile device too).

Buttons are all blank now, and it comes with sticker sets instead.

Not a huge update but FL has support for this model specfically and i think its only like 40-50 bucks more.

camoshark
camoshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Show NG your instrument! May. 23rd, 2013 @ 06:30 PM Reply

Ok, so I finally decided to take pictures throughout my apartment to try and showcase at least PART of the stupid amount of instruments I own. I apologize in advance for the horrendous picture quality, I took this with my godawful phone camera.

So, I think I'll proceed from top to bottom, left to right, one picture at a time:

1) My most recent acquisition, a Dan Tranh (Vietnamese equivalent to the Chinese Guzheng or the Japanese Koto).

2) Lots of stuff in there, but there's a Menzel Violin, two Snares, some Bongos (also appear in image 7) a Djembe, a Kanstul Contrabass Bugle and a Vantage Accoustic-Electric Guitar.

3) Starting from the topmost part of the picture, the two white drums are CB-700 Congas, with a MC-802 Yamaha Console, a Thorens TD-160 Vinyl Turntable, a shitty Nikko hifi system, a Sennheiser e835 mic, a Ludwig Drum Kit with a Dixon Piccolo Snare Drum. Also partly in the image are my Nord Stage (also appears in image 6) and my roommate's Axiom 61.

4) A recently acquired Himalayan Bansuri.

5) A Pre-war nameless Tenor Banjo.

6) In red, my Nord Stage and in black is my Roland VSynth. The white headphones are my Sennheiser HD 598. At the bottom is my singing stick/sirene. Also just out of picture is my Cajon.

7) From left to right, a Cabasa, a Jew's Harp (sitting on top of it), two Maracas, a Tambourine, a Derbuka, some Bongos and a Roto-tom Frame (on top of it). Also in this picture are my Bansuri an Arizonian Clay Flute, a Cowbell and a traditional Quebecer instrument, the Spoons.

8) And finally, to the left is a Kanstul Soprano Bugle, and next to it is a shitty nameless Trumpet.

Welp, I think this covers most of it (things I've brought to my apartment, at least), you can ask questions about any of these instruments if you have any, I'll be glad to answer!

(Hoping the picture actually works properly)

Show NG your instrument!

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Show NG your instrument! May. 23rd, 2013 @ 10:52 PM Reply

At 5/23/13 06:30 PM, camoshark wrote: Doumbek

Hell yeah man doumbeks are one of the funnest hand drums to play. Looks like you have a nicer ceramic one. Mine's okay sounding but its synthetic so you can't get those really nice open tones.

Officially jelly of that.

Doumbek/Derbuka/Darabuka more or less same thing. Doumbek is the way most africans say it, darabuka is the turkish word for it.
camoshark
camoshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Show NG your instrument! May. 23rd, 2013 @ 11:01 PM Reply

At 5/23/13 10:52 PM, Breed wrote:
At 5/23/13 06:30 PM, camoshark wrote: Doumbek
Hell yeah man doumbeks are one of the funnest hand drums to play. Looks like you have a nicer ceramic one. Mine's okay sounding but its synthetic so you can't get those really nice open tones.

Officially jelly of that.

Doumbek/Derbuka/Darabuka more or less same thing. Doumbek is the way most africans say it, darabuka is the turkish word for it.

It's actually a traditional Egyptian Derbuka made out of wood and fish skin. It has a much more organic feel to it resembling the tone of the Bongos, but with a much sharper tone. Unfortunately it's not ceramic, so it's not as brilliant.

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Show NG your instrument! May. 24th, 2013 @ 12:06 AM Reply

At 5/23/13 11:01 PM, camoshark wrote:
At 5/23/13 10:52 PM, Breed wrote: Doumbek/Derbuka/Darabuka more or less same thing. Doumbek is the way most africans say it, darabuka is the turkish word for it.
It's actually a traditional Egyptian Derbuka made out of wood and fish skin. It has a much more organic feel to it resembling the tone of the Bongos, but with a much sharper tone. Unfortunately it's not ceramic, so it's not as brilliant.

But dude.... the shape, tone, and material used are identical. How is it different being 'traditional'?

camoshark
camoshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Show NG your instrument! May. 24th, 2013 @ 12:23 AM Reply

At 5/24/13 12:06 AM, Breed wrote:
At 5/23/13 11:01 PM, camoshark wrote:
At 5/23/13 10:52 PM, Breed wrote: Doumbek/Derbuka/Darabuka more or less same thing. Doumbek is the way most africans say it, darabuka is the turkish word for it.
But dude.... the shape, tone, and material used are identical. How is it different being 'traditional'?

I'm simply referring to the materials used. most modern Doumbeks/Derbukas/Darabukas are either made of metal or ceramic to have a more solid and vocal material. It's skin is also strung onto the frame, as opposed to bolted to it with a support frame. This very much affects the tone, making it sound much more organic, but unfortunately, it's negative points are being felt right now, since it's very humid and the string clamps prevent me from tuning it. :\

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Show NG your instrument! May. 30th, 2013 @ 12:53 AM Reply

Bigger computer screen is glorious. Hard to tell in this but its blows the old one away.

Show NG your instrument!

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Show NG your instrument! May. 30th, 2013 @ 04:22 AM Reply

"music"

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Show NG your instrument! May. 31st, 2013 @ 06:53 AM Reply

family portrait

i use the gameboy with the pink screen for recording with (i did a pro-sound mod to it using a stereo guitar jack)

the gba is what i currently compose with

the other gameboy with the taped on screen lens is what i compose on if i want to use wav instruments

and the caanoo at the bottom runs LGPT which is pretty sweet

Show NG your instrument!

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Show NG your instrument! Jun. 15th, 2013 @ 03:37 AM Reply

Coming Soon.

This is the 3d modeling that my acoustician had made up. All from dual acoustics which is a notch up from primacoustics best stuff. Valued at about 4 grand. This is a HUGE step up for me. There will also be a quantum trap behind the desk on the floor, as well as back of the room traps and paneling which comes out to just under 25% coverage.

Pictures and rerecording samples from old and new treatment should be up by the end of the month.

Are you guys as excited as I am? CUZ I AM PUMPED

Show NG your instrument!

TacoMilagroIII
TacoMilagroIII
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Show NG your instrument! Jun. 15th, 2013 @ 03:14 PM Reply

Look at all that sexy.

Show NG your instrument!

Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Show NG your instrument! Jun. 21st, 2013 @ 04:06 PM Reply

1977 LB Arbiter, electric.

Jelly?

Show NG your instrument!

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
SoulBladeNin
SoulBladeNin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Show NG your instrument! Jun. 26th, 2013 @ 10:05 PM Reply

2 Guitars (Both Acoustic, 1 regular and one smaller size), 2 Pianos (MIDI and Keyboard), And An Ukulele.

Show NG your instrument!

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Show NG your instrument! Jun. 27th, 2013 @ 11:48 PM Reply

Hello super fancy acoustic set up! Took about 30-40 hours overall to get everything measured, made, and installed.

After about an hour of listening, I can safely say that my low end is generally muddy when I thought it was clear and powerful. Dynamics are also much more apparent. So are things like reverb tails and other stuff low in the mix. Overall way more clear sounding.

This should improve my mixes greatly. 2k well spent.

Show NG your instrument!

Gede
Gede
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Show NG your instrument! Jun. 28th, 2013 @ 12:05 AM Reply

At 6/27/13 11:48 PM, Breed wrote: Hello super fancy acoustic set up! Took about 30-40 hours overall to get everything measured, made, and installed.

Looks AWESOME. I'll check your stuff when you have made something with that setup :)

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Show NG your instrument! Oct. 14th, 2013 @ 07:49 PM Reply

NEW TOYS

Behringer CMD MM-1 and PL-1. Modular dj midi controllers that ship with deckadance 2!

I'm actually even more excited by the software than the hardware. For those that dont know, image-line makes deckadance and the new version kicks traktor and seratos butt!

I'll be running FL11 performance mode with Deckadance as a VST so I can combine live synth playing, clip launching, and standard DJing into one act.

Gonna be siiiiiiiiiiiiick

Show NG your instrument!

TheyCallMeCaudex
TheyCallMeCaudex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Show NG your instrument! Oct. 14th, 2013 @ 10:07 PM Reply

You think your Gameboy is hardcore? I make my music with a motherfuckin' TOASTER!

Show NG your instrument!

Reality is a sandwich I did not order.

Knoxius
Knoxius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Show NG your instrument! Oct. 15th, 2013 @ 01:14 AM Reply

Posted this guy here a while ago; it's my first bass. Had my buddy rip the frets out for $20 and a pack of smokes, and then I removed the pickguard and sanded off the Squier logo at the top. Needs some new pickups, but it turned out as a pretty sweet fretless.

no i dont plan to sell it as a Fender

Show NG your instrument!

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Show NG your instrument! Oct. 15th, 2013 @ 01:19 PM Reply

At 10/15/13 01:14 AM, Knoxius wrote: Posted this guy here a while ago; it's my first bass. Had my buddy rip the frets out for $20 and a pack of smokes, and then I removed the pickguard and sanded off the Squier logo at the top. Needs some new pickups, but it turned out as a pretty sweet fretless.
no i dont plan to sell it as a Fender

Why sand off the Squier logo? I mean if it was like Peavey or Hamer or something I'd get it, but Squier has a legit reputation these days.

stunkel
stunkel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Show NG your instrument! Oct. 15th, 2013 @ 01:21 PM Reply

At 10/14/13 10:07 PM, TheyCallMeCaudex wrote: You think your Gameboy is hardcore? I make my music with a motherfuckin' TOASTER!

Please explain. I'm very curious

Check out my pages!
Soundcloud Youtube Twitter Facebook

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to Show NG your instrument! Oct. 15th, 2013 @ 02:07 PM Reply

It's a bit of an old picture and it was actually me taking a picture of our new telly, but to the left of that telly are my baglama saz (on the right, the one that has it's face board tilted away from the television) and my chogur saz (the shorter one on the left).

I would post better pictures, but that's what I've been saying since I first saw this thread. I figured it was about time to post SOMETHING.

Show NG your instrument!

My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Knoxius
Knoxius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Show NG your instrument! Oct. 15th, 2013 @ 05:49 PM Reply

At 10/15/13 01:19 PM, Breed wrote: Why sand off the Squier logo? I mean if it was like Peavey or Hamer or something I'd get it, but Squier has a legit reputation these days.

Squier basses are okay, but I've heard nothing other than shit about their guitars. As for why I did it: personally, I think the bass is more aesthetically pleasing without any sort of label, let alone a budget brand.

Braiton
Braiton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Show NG your instrument! Oct. 15th, 2013 @ 10:49 PM Reply

At 10/15/13 05:49 PM, Knoxius wrote:
At 10/15/13 01:19 PM, Breed wrote: Why sand off the Squier logo? I mean if it was like Peavey or Hamer or something I'd get it, but Squier has a legit reputation these days.
Squier basses are okay, but I've heard nothing other than shit about their guitars. As for why I did it: personally, I think the bass is more aesthetically pleasing without any sort of label, let alone a budget brand.

Squier guitars are great beginner instruments. It's just the budget brand, nothing out of the ordinary.