New Topic Respond to this Topic
awakened-soul
awakened-soul
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Teen Suicides After Playing Ffxi 2005-04-13 21:40:55 Reply

dude...i think thats fake cuz some guy wrote something like that bout halo 2...If it was real it wouldv been on tv

SKS
SKS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Teen Suicides After Playing Ffxi 2005-04-13 21:47:02 Reply

At 4/13/05 08:55 PM, Mp3_Lock wrote: I saw a thing where a kid shot himself in the head after he lost his everquest account

what the fuck is wrong with our world?

HAHAH please tell me you have a link to that.

BBS Signature
Dash-Underscore-Dash
Dash-Underscore-Dash
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Teen Suicides After Playing Ffxi 2005-04-13 21:52:48 Reply

what kind of person hangs themselves because of a game with cross-dressing metrosexuals

-quick! Make like an emo and slit!

Steel-Phoenix
Steel-Phoenix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Teen Suicides After Playing Ffxi 2005-04-13 21:55:30 Reply

At 4/13/05 08:50 PM, Animekid9 wrote: Kyle Russel, 16, committed suicide by hanging himself in his basement after, reportedly, spending too much time playing the game "Final Fantasy XI". According to Russel's friends and mother who witnessed him playing the game, he spent all of his time in the land known as "Promyvion", a dark, depressing area filled with flesh eating zombies and giant spiders.

Ug, hate it when that happens

Any way as if video games got trashed for being too violent now people wanna say its too depressing... really people if they media wants to end video games soooo much they should at least stick to something worth being argued over. I'm sorry but by the way that guy was living he probably should'nt have lived at all. And like in the magazine EGM mentioned, publishers and video games shouldn't be blamed but parents who let their kids play those games and more importantly the kids who can't dicsern the line between reality and fantasy. Uh... I think thats it

Flameo-Ninja
Flameo-Ninja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Teen Suicides After Playing Ffxi 2005-04-13 21:58:33 Reply

OW MIE GAWD I LST ALL MEI ITAMZ IN EV AQUST
*Kills Himself*

What kind of morons are these people. If you're going to kill yourself, FINE. Don't blame it on the game, people might think of a normal person, anyone who likes spendnign their time in places like that is wearing black nailpolish and black clothes with no lights on and spikey hair. Not like some blonde richie rich who speaks with a british accent and kills himself over a damn game.

Viper-Studios
Viper-Studios
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Animator
Response to Teen Suicides After Playing Ffxi 2005-04-13 22:08:43 Reply

Good another little fucktard that takes videogames too seriously dead.

BBS Signature
Vivilli
Vivilli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Teen Suicides After Playing Ffxi 2005-04-13 22:15:44 Reply

People who off themselves over a game were already screwed up. No one can blame it on just a game, because that's what it is, a game. It's not real, it's a bunch of strings of program. Sure, I can look at a string of data and say 'Yup, that's sure depressing!'

Gah.

StarF68
StarF68
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Teen Suicides After Playing Ffxi 2005-04-13 22:18:32 Reply

At 4/13/05 10:15 PM, Vivilli wrote: People who off themselves over a game were already screwed up. No one can blame it on just a game, because that's what it is, a game. It's not real, it's a bunch of strings of program. Sure, I can look at a string of data and say 'Yup, that's sure depressing!'

Gah.

Technicly you can't say that, because while it is just 'a string of data', it still appears as a picture, and games have advanced so much that that data can create quite a realistic atmosphere. However I agree with one thing: It's just a fucking game. Anyone who can't tell the difference between game and reality shouldn't even be allowed playing games, in fact they almost deserve death, but that's just asinine to say.

My point is: Games aren't the cause, people are just retards.

"In the house with the laughing windows, we're spilling blood like a cheap innuendo."
Writer - Music Addict - StarF68

BBS Signature
Jahvey
Jahvey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Teen Suicides After Playing Ffxi 2005-04-13 22:26:03 Reply

its not the content of games that depresses people to verge of suicide, its idiotic content of these idiots head that depresses alteast me, fucking good riddance, stacy should hang herself too..GAHHH!!!!! its so formulatic, teen plays game->ppl die->someone says:"its these games/tv blah blah blah->the internet makes fun of it on forums and flash movies->noone remebers the whole thing.ITS HOW THESE FUCKING IDIOT JANKS RAISE THEIR FUCKING TEENS NOT THE FUCKING GAMES THEY PLAY.

goatseluva
goatseluva
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Teen Suicides After Playing Ffxi 2005-04-13 22:30:58 Reply

That kid was stupid as hell. If I ever feel sick and tired of playing games, I do something else, then play it again afterwards, when I feel like it. That kidwas stupid to kill himself, and his maths teacher is an idiot to think she can actually effect a multi-billion dollar industry. People just need to be raised better, then none of this faggoty "controversy" would never happen to begin with, and perhaps some lives would be saved too. >:(

dsa

stick0
stick0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Teen Suicides After Playing Ffxi 2005-04-13 22:34:05 Reply

No game should be able to control anyones mind like that, he was weak...

Ytangon
Ytangon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Teen Suicides After Playing Ffxi 2005-04-13 22:36:32 Reply

What a tard, even if the game did depress him a lot, he chose to kill himself, the game didnt make him, its a fuckin inatimate virtual object, what a fucking moron...

Visit my blog and click my ads! Link
If your IQ was any lower, you would trip over it.

BBS Signature
Flobbit
Flobbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Teen Suicides After Playing Ffxi 2005-04-13 22:37:00 Reply

I heard the same thing happened with dungeons and dragons. I guess their favorite character died and they got pissed... :/

MidnyteRayne
MidnyteRayne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Teen Suicides After Playing Ffxi 2005-04-13 22:41:07 Reply

At 4/13/05 10:29 PM, RaNcIdPsYcHoJoSh wrote: Yeah, hey, I feel the same way after playing a Final Fantasy game too.

God damn those games suck.

Did you cry when Sephiroth killed Aeris?

I know I did :'(

JK
nukechicken
nukechicken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Teen Suicides After Playing Ffxi 2005-04-13 22:44:18 Reply

At 4/13/05 09:33 PM, Maddox wrote: You see, parents today don't have the time to be bothered by things like supervising their kids and teaching them right from wrong, so what we as a society need to do is ban everything objectionable.

ROTFLMAO a game and a crappy one to If I was gonna commit suicide FFxi I'd do it at how much that game sucked ass. Damm Emo music it's ruining america.

Flash-Cat
Flash-Cat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Teen Suicides After Playing Ffxi 2005-04-13 22:47:17 Reply

If they are gonna take away videogames for being to fucken serious. WHAT ABOUT HISTORY BOOKS HOLY SHIT OVER 6 MILLION PEOPLE DIED IN IT!

StarF68
StarF68
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Teen Suicides After Playing Ffxi 2005-04-13 22:48:33 Reply

At 4/13/05 10:47 PM, Animekid9 wrote: If they are gonna take away videogames for being to fucken serious. WHAT ABOUT HISTORY BOOKS HOLY SHIT OVER 6 MILLION PEOPLE DIED IN IT!

That's so depressing. I think I'll go suicide now. :o

"In the house with the laughing windows, we're spilling blood like a cheap innuendo."
Writer - Music Addict - StarF68

BBS Signature
Kla-Kla
Kla-Kla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Teen Suicides After Playing Ffxi 2005-04-13 22:49:20 Reply

what a freaking dumbass!! the mother and the kid! the mother needs to buy herself a dildo to calm herself down. if a responsible parent who saw her kid playing a game so long that it affected him that bad and not kick him off it should be hanged also! she's blaming the videogames! she sould freaking die that dumbass!

TwilightVenom
TwilightVenom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Teen Suicides After Playing Ffxi 2005-04-13 22:57:05 Reply

At 4/13/05 08:50 PM, Animekid9 wrote: Kyle Russel, 16, committed suicide by hanging himself in his basement after, reportedly, spending too much time playing the game "Final Fantasy XI". According to Russel's friends and mother who witnessed him playing the game, he spent all of his time in the land known as "Promyvion", a dark, depressing area filled with flesh eating zombies and giant spiders.

In a suicide note Russel left in his room, he wrote how depressed the land of "Promyvion" made him feel and how the atmosphere of the place made him feel like nothing would ever get any better.

In his final note, the Palo Alto High School sophomore made particular mention of one "quest" in which an entire nation is brutally slaughtered by "The Empty" who were searching for Bahamut. In this particular quest, the nation knew nothing of the aforementioned Bahamut, but were murdered anyway.

"This is the material our children are being exposed to on a daily basis," says Russel's mother, Stacy. "They play these games loaded with depressing content, it's enough to make anyone want to end it all."

Stacy Russel, a math teacher at Palo Alto High School, is petitioning to have content in all video games reviewed and if possible censored.

"We have so much hate and depression in our everyday lives, children don't need anymore of it in these games," says Russel.

Saw it in school on the paper. Didnt see which one tho I was in a rush but wow. Over a game? holy shit. Its the media instatly blaming a game DEATH TO THE MEDIA.

god i hate the media. and the people who get influenced by the media too. nobody thinks for themselves. i don't care about the content in games, on tv and in movies. if you're smart enough to not be influenced by the content in forms of entertainment, there wouldn't be any more accidents like these. plus, if games were to be banned or whatever, what would happen to everybody who works for game companies? economy would suffer GREATLY if games were banned. i see games as a form of art and it's a good place for creative people to, well, create stuff. now imagine the video game industry being banned in america and japan. i don't even want to think about what would happen in japan if games were banned in japan, since it seems like a very popular industry there. lots of people would be unemployed.

Zel0s
Zel0s
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Teen Suicides After Playing Ffxi 2005-04-13 22:59:34 Reply

A lot of kids kill themselves because school is stressful and depressing and kids make fun of them. I guess we should ban school.

Flash-Cat
Flash-Cat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Teen Suicides After Playing Ffxi 2005-04-13 23:01:33 Reply

At 4/13/05 10:59 PM, Zel0s wrote: A lot of kids kill themselves because school is stressful and depressing and kids make fun of them. I guess we should ban school.

I agree with that!

packow
packow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Teen Suicides After Playing Ffxi 2005-04-13 23:07:09 Reply

Interesting how his parent's decided to blame the video game, despite the fact that THEY were the ones who allowed the kid to stay inside at his game without getting any human contact. This is a perfect example of parents blaming the (relatively) innocent for things that are completely their fault, and the media supporting it. If they were better parents, they would have made the kid get out into the real world for once and he would see the REAL world is not a dark depressing video game.

Flash-Cat
Flash-Cat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Teen Suicides After Playing Ffxi 2005-04-13 23:21:15 Reply

actually the place he was in wasnt really that depressing. It had lots of flowers and junk it was just always nice and it had nice music. so uh DOWN WITH HIS FUCKEN PARENTS!

Steel-Phoenix
Steel-Phoenix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Teen Suicides After Playing Ffxi 2005-04-13 23:25:06 Reply

At 4/13/05 11:07 PM, PacoW wrote: If they were better parents, they would have made the kid get out into the real world for once and he would see the REAL world is not a dark depressing video game.

Amen

Le-Baron
Le-Baron
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Teen Suicides After Playing Ffxi 2005-04-13 23:30:20 Reply

Mehh, it's a typical response from in irresponsible parent. You see, parents today don't have the time to be bothered by things like supervising their kids and teaching them right from wrong, so what we as a society need to do is ban everything objectionable.

MiguelBahena
MiguelBahena
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Teen Suicides After Playing Ffxi 2005-04-13 23:41:48 Reply

It's not video games that's making kids kill themselves and shit. It's only certain, retarded, people. Like that kid for example. Sad because of VIDEO GAME CHARACTERS are being killed..

jake3rings
jake3rings
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Teen Suicides After Playing Ffxi 2005-04-14 00:22:21 Reply

oh no i just played mario sunshine and i wanna go out and and and and kill kill kill kill.... and and spray the blood away with a hose....

JudoHobo
JudoHobo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Teen Suicides After Playing Ffxi 2005-04-14 00:30:52 Reply

Oh God...you guys actually think this is real.

I think I just crapped myself laughing.

EcilaSrennah
EcilaSrennah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Teen Suicides After Playing Ffxi 2005-04-14 00:33:05 Reply

At 4/13/05 08:50 PM, Animekid9 wrote: blahblahblah suicide ffxi blah
Saw it in school on the paper. Didnt see which one tho I was in a rush but wow. Over a game? holy shit. Its the media instatly blaming a game DEATH TO THE MEDIA.

......... too much of a rush to remember which paper, yet you remember all of that from the article? Even the quotes?

You made that shit up. Poser.

God.

Wolfguy
Wolfguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Teen Suicides After Playing Ffxi 2005-04-14 00:43:36 Reply

He killed himself over a game? That's quite sad in two ways...I mean, who would be stupid enough to do that? I have to assume that he had problems too, because no-one could possibly kill themselves over a game. It's a shame too, because now that game, and possibly the ones before it and after it will be slapped with the tag 'The game that causes suicide'. I also feel sorry for SquareEnix (formally Squaresoft) becaue it is likly their reputation will be damaged and they may be sued for something they had no control over. That kid really shouldn't of blamed a game for causing his depression, he should of just told someone what was really troubling him and that may have avoided this horrible tradgedy. What a waste.