00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kellyxeni2 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Software: Software Synths

29,811 Views | 81 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Audio Software: Software Synths 2005-04-10 11:52:05

If you find any software that is not on the list, please post the name and a short description of the software, and a link to the homepage.
If you would like to express an opinion on a particular piece of software, please feel free to post.

========================

Prices are included (where available) for general reference, but may not be correct by the time you read this.
Please note that the text is simply copied from the home page of each software, I simply don't have the time or money to download and try these programs.

Software Synthesizers (Part 1) - Keyboard/synthesizers for the computer. Virtual sound generators, usually including a bunch of sound manipulating tools and effects.

z3ta $192
z3ta+ is our top-of-the line instrument, which extends the capabilities of our virtual analog synthesizers line by introducing our exclusive Bandlimited Waveshaping technology.
As a complete instrument, z3ta+ is oriented to the professional musician and sound programmer looking for uncompromised sound quality and features.

Scorpion $39
The Scorpion is a virtual analog VSTi synthesizer. Unlike most other virtual analog synthesizers, the Scorpion does not attempt to recreate any particular real-world analog synthesizer, but contains original circuitry.
The Scorpion finds its use in all genres of electronic music, and is capable of a wide variety of strings, winds, basses, leads, pads and atmospheric sounds.

Hydra $79
The Hydra is a multi-model VSTi / DXi synthesizer, designed for use in all genres of electronic music.

Albino synthesizer $199
In 2002 Rob Papen approached Peter Linsener of LinPlug with his idea of a sound-designer's dream synth... A few months later ALBINO was born. Within a very short time it stole the hearts of many musicians due to it's high quality sound, usability and inspirational presets.

Vanguard synthesizer $90
VANGUARD combines the good old analog synthesizer idea with the latest technology. All analog devices of classic synthesizers are emulated by high-quality DSP (digital signal processing) functions. reFX spent a lot of time programming the synthesis functions, and the result is a warm and rich sounding synthesizer plugin with all the benefits of todays digital technology.

Pro 53
The PRO-53 carries on the tradition from the legendary days of vintage cult synthesizers. This virtual instrument, fashioned after the Sequential Circuits™ Prophet™-5, provides the sonic properties of the unique originals while meeting the practical requirements of the present day.

Pentagon $128
Powerful, full feature packed, uncompromised quality sound with a comfortable and easy layout: all controls in one panel for instant access, lovely knobs to make easy the recording of automation changes. Its unique Voice Modulator brings even more fun to your digital audio station.

Novation bass station
Following the predictably stunning reaction to the V-Station, Novation goes ‘back to its roots’ with a VST and Audio Unit plug-in which flawlessly re-creates the the warmth, character and ‘oomph’ of the enormously successful Bass Station keyboard and rack analogue instruments.

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Software: Software Synths 2005-04-10 11:52:22

Software Synthesizers (Part 2)

Novation V-Station
When Novation launched the multi-award winning K-Station in 2002 it made an impact akin to lobbing a barracuda into a goldfish bowl. Musicians were mad for the phattness, the flexibility and the cool sound shaping while reviewers oozed with praise. And history is about to repeat itself with the new V-Station Virtual Analog Synthesiser.

Audio Realism Bassline $128
The legendary silver box which is hallmark in electronic music has been recreated in the AudioRealism Bass Line Synthesizer. Sophisticated analog modeling techniques have been employed to create a DSP-algorithm that accurately emulates every aspect of the original Bass Line, from growling basses to hollow middles and beeping highs with metal rattling accents. Patterns are composed in a fashion similar to the original Bass Line using the integrated step sequencer with easy to use manipulation functions such as transpose and randomization

Atmosphere $399
The Atmosphere Dream Synth Module™, is a new type of software plug-in instrument that integrates a massive, three gigabyte core library of more than one thousand unique sounds and layer elements, with a powerful and intuitive interface for shaping new textures.

Reaktor
REAKTOR 4, the award-winning modular sound studio, is the ultimate tool for sound design and music production. REAKTOR 4 lets musicians and engineers design and build their own instruments, samplers, effects and sound design tools.

Korg Legacy Collection
The KORG Legacy Collection is the ultimate virtual instrument pack, consisting of software versions of the MS-20 and Polysix analog synthesizers, and the WAVESTATION advanced vector synthesizer, together with a dedicated MS-20 Controller that faithfully replicates the original MS-20 at 84% of the original size.

Trilogy $349
When you're ready to get serious about Bass, this is the instrument! Trilogy is a programmable, sample-based sound module plug-in, that integrates a massive 3 Gigabyte core library of hundreds of brand new, remarkable Bass sounds, with a powerful user interface for creating your own unique patches.

Superwave P8 FREE
UPERWAVE P8 is a FREE virtual analog synthesizer emulation for VST hosts compatible with PC Windows (Win 98 or better)

Triangle 2 FREE
The successor of our legendary Triangle I Monophonic Synthesizer, now with new elements from its big-brother Pentagon I.
Capable of a broad range of sounds, from warm to aggressive, Triangle II packs the perfect feature set for a mono synthesizer for uncompromised playability.

ReFX Claw FREE
reFX presents Claw, a free, monophon VST synthesizer with breath-taking possibilities. The sound production is identical with reFXs' Beast with the difference that Claw has only one oscillator (Beast has four). Pulsating basses or cutting Leads - Claw is flexible and offers a pressureful, penetratable sound, which satisfies your needs. Claw - accept the challenge and let nothing frighten you anymore!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Software: Software Synths 2005-04-10 12:10:33

I thought this list was of plugins, but many of them are Software Synthesisers, so I'm going to post them here

Digitalfishphones FREE
Edirol Vary
Access Music Vary
Greenoak Crystal FREE
K-v-R FREE
Muon Vary
Novakill FREE
Ohm Force Vary
PSP Audioware Vary
Stomper Hyperion FREE
Tobybear Productions Vary
Utilities from AnalogX FREE
Voxengo FREE
Vocoder FREE

Refills/Samples

Diskodiktator Donation
Doru Malaia Vary
Raapie FREE
Reason Refills Vary

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Software: Software Synths 2005-04-20 06:54:16

THANK YOU omg now i get to have so much fun

rawr.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Software: Software Synths 2005-04-21 11:40:49

is their a free program that lets you put drums into a pre-recorded piece?

Response to Audio Software: Software Synths 2005-04-21 12:13:02

Define pre-recorded piece.

If you mean by an already established song , then yes, it's more then possible. There should be a drum machine on the first page.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Software: Software Synths 2005-04-21 12:15:20

I've already made the bass line up and recorded it. now all i need to do is add drums.
which one is the free drum one?

Response to Audio Software: Software Synths 2005-04-21 12:20:43

Whoosp, it's in a different thread , page 2, 12 syntheizers down.

Try bumping it, would you? We don't want it to slip into the abyss.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Software: Software Synths 2005-04-21 15:43:12

At 4/21/05 12:20 PM, Erkie wrote: Try bumping it, would you? We don't want it to slip into the abyss.

Don't worry about that, it's there as a reference point. I've been kind of distracted by my current Flash project recently, it's going on 6 months now and I want to get it finished, but I have every intention of getting the Sticky ready and up once I can spare the time to do a tuts resource list and other stuff

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Software: Software Synths 2005-04-21 15:46:22

thanks for the reference.
sorry it took so long for me to say thanks i was away out playing basketball lol.

anyways thanks youreally helped me out. btw how long has this audio forum been going because thats me just noticed.

Response to Audio Software: Software Synths 2005-04-21 15:48:50

I just realized I said whoosp.

Whoosp, guys.

Anyways, I wasn't too satisfied with that hammer drum machine, it seems... Loose.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Software: Software Synths 2005-04-21 15:50:09

yeh a noticed that. but its a start lol.

Response to Audio Software: Software Synths 2005-04-26 18:44:41

At 4/21/05 03:50 PM, kdlod wrote: yeh a noticed that. but its a start lol.

Its good for a raw jungle sound, anything else you want from it you have to make yourself, with equalisers and effects. Fair play to the guy tho, hes a student who made a free drum machine. He deserves a bit of credit at least.

If only it still worked :S Mines gone down the pan, wont record anything i write. Its like my own pc is against me since i defragged :S any suggestions?

Response to Audio Software: Software Synths 2005-06-06 20:51:54

i was lookin' for a new programto make audio with but these won't mess up my computer will they?

Response to Audio Software: Software Synths 2005-08-08 15:56:23

Korg Korg Korg !!!

Response to Audio Software: Software Synths 2005-08-08 16:33:07

To person two above this one - they wont if you get them legally, but if you do backup your hard drive anyway, as the more progs you get the more they conflict with each other, if you know more than i do about sortin device conflicts please help

To person one above - can you get korgs as soft synths? No way! i might have to save for one then...

Response to Audio Software: Software Synths 2005-08-08 16:53:51

lol every synth is possible to get as a soft hell I even have the mighty 203 synth as soft Ohyeah for all you Acid lovers out there use RubberDuck Synth for awsome Acid pads and loops WARNING!: RD doest autorecord your work so you will need a prog to record it ...like thats hard ...

Response to Audio Software: Software Synths 2005-08-08 18:51:56

Rubberduck? Is this for real? And is it free?

Response to Audio Software: Software Synths 2005-08-10 10:09:02

At 8/8/05 06:51 PM, SpamWarrior wrote: Rubberduck? Is this for real? And is it free?

Well if you would use something called internet you might find some stuff youd never thought theyd existed ....RD is like old :p I found like 4 plugins and 1 program that runs RD alone

Response to Audio Software: Software Synths 2005-08-10 10:18:55

did a google search using rubber duck vst and not much came up thats even related, let alone on it. I'll look again some other time. Got enough toys at the mo :)

Response to Audio Software: Software Synths 2005-08-10 15:46:21

Just found this site online: http://www.synthzone.com/softsyn.htm

DAG -- that's a LOT of softsynths.

<|> TritoneAngel <|>

<|> Visit TritoneAngel Audio for guitar-centric rock, metal, VG, jazz & classical songs.

<|> Newest TritoneAngel Audio: Clockwork (submitted 12/8/08)

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Software: Software Synths 2005-08-10 17:02:14

*adds to list of things to do when in a dry spell*

cheers, seriously.

Response to Audio Software: Software Synths 2005-08-11 11:07:38

*whispers in Spams ear*Soulseeeeeek !!!

Response to Audio Software: Software Synths 2006-01-08 22:19:54

i cant seem to get the damn programs up!
is there any programs i can buy, like at best buy?

Response to Audio Software: Software Synths 2006-01-23 13:45:57

You´r forgote this program: reason 3.0, cost 280 more ore less dollars . The site is http://www.propellerheads.se/ (fore informations and downloads, not the program atselve) . Its a pefect program to make all kind of music.ParagonX9 is one of the user here, which use this.

Audio Software: Software Synths

The Sequencer on Newgrounds.com

http://xellbone1.newgrounds.com/aud io/

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Software: Software Synths 2006-07-05 18:17:27

I need some help. I have downloaded 2 of the synths but they don't start the program. Am i missing something?

I is what i is.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Software: Software Synths 2006-08-31 22:46:02

can someone tell me where i can download the best FREE Audio Synth?

Response to Audio Software: Software Synths 2006-11-14 20:48:35

I need something free... that works on the mac.

I downloaded claw and it didn't work!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Software: Software Synths 2007-01-27 18:35:59

thx for posting aal of this :) but... i just dont get it! how do i use them? i downloaded triangle II (because its free, duh) but i don't get how i use it! i tried thier online user manual;, but it confused me even more :( i need a software syntensyzers for dummies :(

Conspiracy :O | Best story thread ever!

"I guess my kick made his penis explode since blood started gushing down his leg." - Stoptalking

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Software: Software Synths 2007-01-27 18:40:43

At 1/27/07 06:35 PM, gekko007 wrote: thx for posting aal of this :) but... i just dont get it! how do i use them? i downloaded triangle II (because its free, duh) but i don't get how i use it! i tried thier online user manual;, but it confused me even more :( i need a software syntensyzers for dummies :(

This thread is really old, I doubt anyone that posted before you will respond. Well do you have a piece of sequencer software?(i.e. Fruity Loops or Reason)