riemannSum
riemannSum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-12-20 16:09:28 Reply

At 12/20/08 03:41 PM, xKore wrote:
turn it down, it's probably clipping. In FL, make sure the level meters never hit the red zone.

The master volume? Wouldn't that cause the side effect of people having to turn their volume up to listen to it? I hate having to do that haha. Any other way or is that it? I tested it and it does work.

xKore
xKore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-12-20 16:31:17 Reply

At 12/20/08 04:09 PM, riemannSum wrote:
turn it down, it's probably clipping. In FL, make sure the level meters never hit the red zone.
The master volume? Wouldn't that cause the side effect of people having to turn their volume up to listen to it? I hate having to do that haha. Any other way or is that it? I tested it and it does work.

the whole process of getting your music as loud as you can, without going over 0db is an art of it's own, and is called the Mixing of the track. Generally includes EQing sounds that don't contribute to the song and instruments that conflict with eachother. Also a big part is dynamic compression, usually the use of a compressor on individual instruments to make them have a higher average volume which gives them a higher perceived volume. I could not go over exactly what mixing is or how to do it effectively in a single post. Your better off searching youtube or google for more info.

xKore
xKore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-12-20 16:33:17 Reply

At 12/20/08 04:31 PM, xKore wrote:
At 12/20/08 04:09 PM, riemannSum wrote:
the whole process of getting your music as loud as you can, without going over 0db is an art of it's own, and is called the Mixing of the track. Generally includes EQing sounds that don't contribute to the song and instruments that conflict with eachother. Also a big part is dynamic compression, usually the use of a compressor on individual instruments to make them have a higher average volume which gives them a higher perceived volume. I could not go over exactly what mixing is or how to do it effectively in a single post. Your better off searching youtube or google for more info.

Oh and once you've rendered your song, open up a new project, insert an audio clip and open up your song in it, then paste it down in the playlist. In the audio clip controls check the 'normalize' box and then re-render the song. This makes sure that your song peaks at 0db and cannot get any louder without clipping.

riemannSum
riemannSum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-12-20 17:18:45 Reply

Awesome, thanks for the help :)

Arphenius
Arphenius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-12-21 08:57:18 Reply

Hello. Can someone tell me what envelopes are and what they do? I know they change some properties of the sound, but they have some default, like: Envelope A changes this, Envelope B changes other things etc.?
And other thing, there is a way to change de tempo while the song play? I want say: at 00:00 - 00:10 the tempo is 140, at 00:10 - 00:40 the tempo is 160, and then the tempo change back to 140?

Tzunami
Tzunami
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-12-21 09:21:17 Reply

At 12/21/08 08:57 AM, Arphenius wrote: Hello. Can someone tell me what envelopes are and what they do? I know they change some properties of the sound, but they have some default, like: Envelope A changes this, Envelope B changes other things etc.?

I'm sure you're talking about the basic ADSR envelope. Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release.

Attack is the initial volume control when playing a note, as well as how long it takes for the note to reach it's peak volume. Shorter attacks are for quicker notes while longer are for notes with a "fade in" like pads or strings. Decay is the point going from it's maximum to the level of the sustain. Sustain is the volume when the note is held, and release is the "fade out" of the note.

And other thing, there is a way to change de tempo while the song play? I want say: at 00:00 - 00:10 the tempo is 140, at 00:10 - 00:40 the tempo is 160, and then the tempo change back to 140?

Doing that requires using a automation clip in the pattern roll to set the tempo to those speeds, it could be instantaneous or it could be gradual.

BBS Signature
Sp1r1T
Sp1r1T
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-12-21 09:49:11 Reply

Doing that requires using a automation clip in the pattern roll to set the tempo to those speeds, it could be instantaneous or it could be gradual.

Yeah, but that would take quite alot of Trial and Error using Automation clips. Right Click on the Tempo Gauge and Choose edit events. You can see the number of bars on the top so you can work out what bar it is you're upto and where you want the change. Along the side You'll see the Bpm Numbers, so its much easier than the Automation Clip.

Hope it helps.

BBS Signature
Arphenius
Arphenius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-12-21 11:51:39 Reply

At 12/21/08 09:21 AM, Tzunami wrote:
I'm sure you're talking about the basic ADSR envelope. Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release.

Attack is the initial volume control when playing a note, as well as how long it takes for the note to reach it's peak volume. Shorter attacks are for quicker notes while longer are for notes with a "fade in" like pads or strings. Decay is the point going from it's maximum to the level of the sustain. Sustain is the volume when the note is held, and release is the "fade out" of the note.

Well, thanks for the information. One more thing: when I open FL, the Master window appears, and it shows "Ahead" Envelope. What it does?
The "Attack" and "Release" Envelopes in the same Master window have the propertie "Curve": what this means too?

If you know about other type of envelopes, please tell me, I want know.

At 12/21/08 09:49 AM, Sp1r1T wrote: Yeah, but that would take quite alot of Trial and Error using Automation clips. Right Click on the Tempo Gauge and Choose edit events. You can see the number of bars on the top so you can work out what bar it is you're upto and where you want the change. Along the side You'll see the Bpm Numbers, so its much easier than the Automation Clip.

Hope it helps.

Wow, helped so much. Thank you.

Tzunami
Tzunami
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-12-21 12:08:23 Reply

At 12/21/08 11:51 AM, Arphenius wrote:
Well, thanks for the information. One more thing: when I open FL, the Master window appears, and it shows "Ahead" Envelope. What it does?
The "Attack" and "Release" Envelopes in the same Master window have the propertie "Curve": what this means too?

If you know about other type of envelopes, please tell me, I want know.

You're looking at the Limiter, which I don't toy with much. I was talking about the ADSR you find in the "INS" tab on the channel settings window. That envelope is always there, although most of the VST's have their own built in. You might have to ask someone else about the limiter, or refer to the help file.

BBS Signature
Arphenius
Arphenius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-12-21 12:45:12 Reply

At 12/21/08 12:08 PM, Tzunami wrote: You're looking at the Limiter, which I don't toy with much. I was talking about the ADSR you find in the "INS" tab on the channel settings window. That envelope is always there, although most of the VST's have their own built in. You might have to ask someone else about the limiter, or refer to the help file.

Yes I was talking about the ADSR of the INS tab, but when I opened FL again, I saw the Master window and got this doubt. Thank you =]

Tzunami
Tzunami
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-12-21 13:01:14 Reply

At 12/21/08 12:45 PM, Arphenius wrote:
At 12/21/08 12:08 PM, Tzunami wrote: You're looking at the Limiter, which I don't toy with much. I was talking about the ADSR you find in the "INS" tab on the channel settings window. That envelope is always there, although most of the VST's have their own built in. You might have to ask someone else about the limiter, or refer to the help file.
Yes I was talking about the ADSR of the INS tab, but when I opened FL again, I saw the Master window and got this doubt. Thank you =]

Yeah, it's all about playing around and learning it. People make some interesting sounds doing things like that.

BBS Signature
t-bone88
t-bone88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-12-22 14:27:35 Reply

ok, need some help while the idea is hot on my mind, how to i get music to fade into the music, plz be detailed, i've been using FL 7XXL for a long time but never figured out how to do that

BBS Signature
Sp1r1T
Sp1r1T
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-12-22 14:43:53 Reply

At 12/22/08 02:27 PM, t-bone88 wrote: ok, need some help while the idea is hot on my mind, how to i get music to fade into the music, plz be detailed, i've been using FL 7XXL for a long time but never figured out how to do that

You mean like, One Instrument/Sample Fades into something else?

In FL Just right click the volume of the Thing you want to fade and select Automation Clip. Goto the pttern sequencer and you'll see the clip and a line inside a box. The high up the line, the Higher the volume. So adjust how you want it by dragging the length of the box or the height of the Line in the clip.

BBS Signature
Sp1r1T
Sp1r1T
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-12-22 14:45:52 Reply

Pattern* Higher*

Soz for double post :P

BBS Signature
t-bone88
t-bone88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-12-22 14:50:56 Reply

I want a few clips to fade in while another clip is playing

BBS Signature
t-bone88
t-bone88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-12-22 14:56:44 Reply

wheres the pattern sequencer, for the automated clip i made for the clips or in teh automated clip itself?

BBS Signature
t-bone88
t-bone88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-12-22 18:13:48 Reply

Ok, i'm sure this question has been asked quite a bit, but i never got to see it on here and i dont like to flip through over 90 pages to find it, but how do I record my voice and put it on FL studio 7 XXL, I have a mic and microsoft vista (yes, i hate vista too) but I've been wanting to make some songs with words in it, so if anyone could be as so kind to help me with my question, it'd be much appreciated.

BBS Signature
Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-12-22 18:15:45 Reply

Try a program called audacity. Record, Export as .wav

Open in FL using wavtraveller or audio clip or whatever you feel like using.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

truesonicmstr
truesonicmstr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-12-22 18:18:53 Reply

Hi there!

i've been trying to make a good drum beat but i just cant seem to make any thing good is there some tool for making drum beats or something?

mybrobilo
mybrobilo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-12-23 03:09:06 Reply

At 12/22/08 06:18 PM, truesonicmstr wrote: Hi there!

i've been trying to make a good drum beat but i just cant seem to make any thing good is there some tool for making drum beats or something?

drumular vst. it has a variety of samples that u can make into beats

THC303
THC303
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Animator
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-12-23 17:04:49 Reply

Hi there,
I started to use Fruity Loops some days before, and I have one question : I figured out that I can play "live" with the keyboard of my laptop, with for example, a synth plugin. Do ya know how I can play a solo over the song I made before and record it to have a pattern with the solo in?
Thanks

Tzunami
Tzunami
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-12-23 18:16:56 Reply

At 12/23/08 05:04 PM, THC303 wrote: Hi there,
I started to use Fruity Loops some days before, and I have one question : I figured out that I can play "live" with the keyboard of my laptop, with for example, a synth plugin. Do ya know how I can play a solo over the song I made before and record it to have a pattern with the solo in?
Thanks

As long as the keyboard is hooked up and routed into FL, just hit the record button and record your solo.

BBS Signature
THC303
THC303
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Animator
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-12-23 19:05:44 Reply

hey thanks !!! it works great

Bballdude9997
Bballdude9997
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-12-23 21:12:30 Reply

I've been using FL for about 6 months now, and I got it down really well, I just have major major trouble creating a good sounding synth/melodic instrument. I mean look at the trance/dance songs on the front page, with their happy-core synths and all that jazz, synths that are melodic but powerful and make you want to dance.
I can't make anything thats not a preset on sytrus or something that sounds like it came out of an 8bit video game.

Any tips on creating a synth?...what VSTs should I use?

I eat BABIES

blackattackbitch
blackattackbitch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-12-23 23:57:19 Reply

At 12/21/08 09:21 AM, Tzunami wrote:
At 12/21/08 08:57 AM, Arphenius wrote: Hello. Can someone tell me what envelopes are and what they do? I know they change some properties of the sound, but they have some default, like: Envelope A changes this, Envelope B changes other things etc.?

I would like to go even further and move into Sytrus-like envelopes, or other envelopes that don't control volume. The general focus of envelopes is on when that particular note is played. That said, some envelopes control the cutoff of a filter, the depth of the chorus, or pretty much any control that the program allows you to link to the envelope. And there are more advanced envelopes than the ADSR envelope, such as the one on Sytrus. That one has ASDR features, but it has so much more too! I don't know what to call it, I guess one would call it a drawn envelope. The sustain part is actually looped so that part can oscillate between levels. Furthermore, the release part has much more flexibility than just a fade/click out. You'll have to play with that envelope to know what I'm talking about.

That's one way to do it, but a better way to do it that allows you to pick and choose the tempo much more precisely is to go to an empty pattern selection, right-click the tempo selector and click "edit events". Once you get to that screen, you can either draw a sequence for the tempo change i.e. a gradual rise or gradual decrease or you can hit the pencil tool and click the first box for immediate drastic tempo change. Then place that tempo change as a pattern in the playlist anywhere you want.

A smart move to do before any of this though is to select a tempo that you want at the beginning of the song, right click the box with the tempo and hit "initiate song with this position." That way, the tempo always goes back to normal each time the song loops.

blackattackbitch
blackattackbitch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-12-24 00:48:16 Reply

At 12/22/08 06:18 PM, truesonicmstr wrote: Hi there!

First of all, don't use the drum samples from FL. To sum things up nicely, they suck. To sum things up really nicely, they really really suck. I use the drum samples from Kore 2. Someone else recommended drumular. And there's tons of soundfonts out there that you can find with a simple google search. I would use those, not the crappy FL drums.

Hyper-Freak92
Hyper-Freak92
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-12-24 03:15:34 Reply

Agreed. FPC has its uses, but mainly for single samples rather than the whole setup. I used it on my vocal remixes to load in my own samples. it's simply the presets that really aren't all that great. If you need some drum soundfonts to use through the FL Soundfont player, PM me and I'll send you a zip with a few of them to experiment with.

Hyper-Freak92
Hyper-Freak92
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-12-24 03:19:09 Reply

At 12/23/08 09:12 PM, Bballdude9997 wrote: I've been using FL for about 6 months now, and I got it down really well, I just have major major trouble creating a good sounding synth/melodic instrument. I mean look at the trance/dance songs on the front page, with their happy-core synths and all that jazz, synths that are melodic but powerful and make you want to dance.
I can't make anything thats not a preset on sytrus or something that sounds like it came out of an 8bit video game.

Any tips on creating a synth?...what VSTs should I use?

To be honest, while CPU suckers, the presets from Sytrus make spectacular synths, and don't be afraid to use them. They're there as a resource, so don't overlook them.

If you really want to venture outside, though, take presets in Sytrus, WASP and SimSynth (there are other good ones in there as well) and basically twiddle the knobs until you hear what you want, or something you find to be cool. You can also experiment searching for free VSTi Instruments online and extract them into C:/program files/vstplugins (or whatever your main drive is) and open those up for a new twist.

All in all, making your own sounds is overrated when there's only so much you can do with one plugin anyway.

C-life
C-life
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-12-24 17:31:13 Reply

Err maybe it sounds pretty noobish
but where can i download a free version of fuity loops

Living life like i should

Envy
Envy