New Topic Respond to this Topic
VannillaBear
VannillaBear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 4th, 2008 @ 08:32 AM Reply

Are there any free plugins for slicing up big Mp3 samples and another for playing soundfonts? iv only got demo's atm and its a bitch having to reset everything each time i start it up again

snowclouds
snowclouds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 6th, 2008 @ 08:14 PM Reply

hi and i'm a beginner in FL

i just want to know if there is relationship between patterns and edison.... cuz i really want to mix like a drownying effect like what u hear in PX9's chaoz fantasy ( i don't think she use FL ..but who cares )

thx if u can answer

BBS Signature
xKore
xKore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 6th, 2008 @ 08:53 PM Reply

At 12/6/08 08:14 PM, snowclouds wrote: hi and i'm a beginner in FL

i just want to know if there is relationship between patterns and edison.... cuz i really want to mix like a drownying effect like what u hear in PX9's chaoz fantasy ( i don't think he use FL ..but who cares )

thx if u can answer

There's no relationship between the two, if you wanna modify sound clips, open up an audio clip in the instruments, open the file and then lay it down in the playlist. As for the drowning effect, that'sway too vague dood.. you might be talking about using a filter? ( low cut filter?)

SkyMarshall
SkyMarshall
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 7th, 2008 @ 05:07 AM Reply

At 12/4/08 08:32 AM, VannillaBear wrote: Are there any free plugins for slicing up big Mp3 samples and another for playing soundfonts? iv only got demo's atm and its a bitch having to reset everything each time i start it up again

Hey man!
Use Audacity for slicing up the mp3's. I use Adobe Audition for those things.
Anyway, RGC:audio has a great free Soundfont player. It has served me well in the past, it has. Mjees!

http://www.project5.com/products/instrum ents/sfz_player/default.asp

BBS Signature
snowclouds
snowclouds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 7th, 2008 @ 09:36 AM Reply

o_O

i have used audacity like a year ago, and it sucks quite really bad except for that it has more function than edison....

like what i want to know here is if i can like change the sound settings of a patter as the time moves on... i don't mean putting the pattern on the timeline as a piece or nor editing the settings of the notes one by one... cuz then that's quite awkward and time consuming...

i don't know if Reason or Cuabse can do that ( i haven't tried them b 4 ) but... o well

BBS Signature
snowclouds
snowclouds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 7th, 2008 @ 09:38 AM Reply

oh and just before i donwload the program, i'm just making sure... is this a plug in ( it seems like it ) for FL ? and is this like a special plug in panel where i can edit the waves of the sound ?

BBS Signature
VannillaBear
VannillaBear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 8th, 2008 @ 12:43 PM Reply

Hey man!
Use Audacity for slicing up the mp3's. I use Adobe Audition for those things.
Anyway, RGC:audio has a great free Soundfont player. It has served me well in the past, it has. Mjees!

Thanks man big help :)

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 8th, 2008 @ 01:02 PM Reply

At 12/7/08 09:38 AM, snowclouds wrote: oh and just before i donwload the program, i'm just making sure... is this a plug in ( it seems like it ) for FL ? and is this like a special plug in panel where i can edit the waves of the sound ?

No audacity is a separate program in itself. It's Free and quite handy.

As for the changing patterns as time goes on I'm not quite sure what you mean

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

snowclouds
snowclouds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 8th, 2008 @ 06:11 PM Reply

O_O i mean the plug in provided above, sure i don't mean audacity cuz i had that program like a year ago, quite a crappy standalone audio editor

BBS Signature
Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 8th, 2008 @ 06:15 PM Reply

At 12/8/08 06:11 PM, snowclouds wrote: O_O i mean the plug in provided above, sure i don't mean audacity cuz i had that program like a year ago, quite a crappy standalone audio editor

I think so, RGC makes VST's such as Z3ta+ which is a vst. I'd assume its like a vsti

Wat

Kalapsia
Kalapsia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 8th, 2008 @ 10:34 PM Reply

Hey i was wondering if someone could show on how to make a DnB drum loop on Fl studio, im clueless to knowing how PM me if you guys can help ><.

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 10th, 2008 @ 04:54 PM Reply

Not quite sure if this is an FL question or not, I just didn't want to spam up the board.

I have a soundfont that's called Cadenza (don't know if it's the official name or not) but whenever I play a note longer that two counts it goes out of tune on itself. Is there any way to fix this, or should I just grab a VST for piano sounds?

My Audio Page! | Click this sentence three hundred and twenty seventy times and it magically turns into a link, where you can print a coupon for a free toaster!

Hellmasker
Hellmasker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 11th, 2008 @ 03:38 PM Reply

At 12/10/08 04:54 PM, Lamplighter wrote: I have a soundfont that's called Cadenza (don't know if it's the official name or not) but whenever I play a note longer that two counts it goes out of tune on itself. Is there any way to fix this, or should I just grab a VST for piano sounds?

It sounds like your Cadenza soundfont might have been crappily sampled. If you can send me a link to where I can download it I can probably help verify whether or not it is crappily sampled.

If you're not satisfied with Cadenza I know sf2midi.com has some really good piano soundfonts. Also, you may like the "WST25FStein_00Sep22" piano soundfont. It's the best free soundfont I've heard but then again I haven't done much searching since I found it. Just google that name without the quotes and it should be the first hit.

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 11th, 2008 @ 04:14 PM Reply

Thankee, sir! I'm not going to bother with a link, I'm pretty sure you're right. It wasn't very well sampled. I got that soundfont you mentioned (Steinway PIanos, right?) and it sounds a whole lot better anyway.

Thanks for the tips!

My Audio Page! | Click this sentence three hundred and twenty seventy times and it magically turns into a link, where you can print a coupon for a free toaster!

xKore
xKore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 16th, 2008 @ 04:17 PM Reply

At 12/16/08 03:17 PM, Bass-Score wrote: There used to be bars at the bottom of the piano roll that did something with panning.
It was either volume or stereo panning, I can't remeber.....
But how do I get them back?

Drag or right click that bar at the bottom

Diglet
Diglet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 18th, 2008 @ 12:45 PM Reply

New fruityloops user, i'd appreciate if you could answer these:
How do I get Nexus, and how do I get it on fruityloops?
What is vanguar?
And what is z3ta?
Thanks.

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 18th, 2008 @ 12:59 PM Reply

At 12/7/08 02:17 AM, jpsuperfresh wrote:
At 4/8/05 09:13 PM, Tancrisism wrote: Alright, RageVI, what exactly is FruityLoops? I have been wondering this for a while.
fruity loops is a music making/sequencer software.

You win for answering a 3 year old question

Wat

xKore
xKore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 18th, 2008 @ 01:00 PM Reply

At 12/18/08 12:45 PM, Diglet wrote: New fruityloops user, i'd appreciate if you could answer these:
How do I get Nexus, and how do I get it on fruityloops?
What is vanguar?
And what is z3ta?
Thanks.

Nexus, vanguard and z3ta are all VSTi's, virtual studio instruments, they're basically synthesizer plugins for studio software so you can make your own synth sounds in them (Nexus is a rompler, but forget about that right now). Your gonna have to buy them in order to get them, Nexus and Vanguard are made by ReFX, and Z3ta is made by Cakewalk.

To get a VST that you've downloaded (This is a good website to find free VSTs) or bought into FL Studio, you have to either install the VST or unpack the VSTs .dll file into your computer's VST folder, usually in [C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\], once you've done that, open up FL and go one [Channels > Add one > More...] and click the refresh button down the bottom, the new VST(s) should show up in read, double click the VST you want to use (or check the box if you want it to show up in your [Channels > Add one] List) and voila.

Before you do anything to do with z3ta or vanguard, I'd suggest getting the basics in FL down first. Youtube has a healthy amount of tutorial videos for beginners.

i sound lik a tutorial
Diglet
Diglet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 18th, 2008 @ 03:22 PM Reply

At 12/18/08 01:00 PM, xKore wrote:
At 12/18/08 12:45 PM, Diglet wrote:

i sound lik a tutorial

Oh, I know all the basics and i'm alright at the programme. But I wanted Nexus to make my hard style lead notes better. Thanks though ^^

Diglet
Diglet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 18th, 2008 @ 04:38 PM Reply

Sorry for double post! But i'm also wondering how do I insert my folder full of samples into the browser on the left?

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 18th, 2008 @ 08:55 PM Reply

At 12/18/08 03:22 PM, Diglet wrote:
At 12/18/08 01:00 PM, xKore wrote:
At 12/18/08 12:45 PM, Diglet wrote:

i sound lik a tutorial
Oh, I know all the basics and i'm alright at the programme. But I wanted Nexus to make my hard style lead notes better. Thanks though ^^

? make the notes better? That's called musical ability o.o

Wat

Psychophan7
Psychophan7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 19th, 2008 @ 06:04 AM Reply

I'm looking to make something using a drum. But, I don't have any sort of drum sounds aside from the stock FL stuff. What should I be looking for, to get the rock/prog rock drum sound I so desire?

Koriigahn
Koriigahn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 19th, 2008 @ 08:50 AM Reply

Look for some decent sample packs. If you have some money to spare, look into getting Vengeance Essential. Otherwise just look up some free samples. I get most of mine from DNB wiki, The Parathile Drum Pack is my own, and has some cool realistic sounding Drum sounds in it :)

BBS Signature
TMM43
TMM43
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 19th, 2008 @ 07:38 PM Reply

I'm in the middle of a collab with someone and they used a filter I've never used before.
I've tried to find it, but no luck. He's not online much, so I can't talk to him and ask him

Some one tell me where to find this:

Also if you know where to find it, go step by step. I'm a little bit of a nub.

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio
Latest Track: Infinity
Need Help? Real Life|Audio

BBS Signature
Psychophan7
Psychophan7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 19th, 2008 @ 07:59 PM Reply

At 12/19/08 07:38 PM, TMM43 wrote: I'm in the middle of a collab with someone and they used a filter I've never used before.
I've tried to find it, but no luck. He's not online much, so I can't talk to him and ask him

Some one tell me where to find this:

Also if you know where to find it, go step by step. I'm a little bit of a nub.

Well, first I googled moogish filter, because that's what the screenshot suggests it's called. First hit was an audio blog thing, so I searched for 'moog' there. Among the first ten results was a link to a VST called Moogofilter.

It looks like a basic synth.

Dralabs
Dralabs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 19th, 2008 @ 09:11 PM Reply

fl question of course, I tried browsing for the answer but theres so many pages on this thread.

How do i insert my instruments into my mixer or assign channels on to the mixer. Iknow how to use the mixer and its affects and I got that all figured out, except assigning channels.

please help THX.

TMM43
TMM43
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 19th, 2008 @ 09:14 PM Reply

Click on your sound in the sequencer, then click on a channel in the mixer and press CTRL + L

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio
Latest Track: Infinity
Need Help? Real Life|Audio

BBS Signature
Dralabs
Dralabs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 19th, 2008 @ 10:10 PM Reply

At 12/19/08 09:14 PM, TMM43 wrote: Click on your sound in the sequencer, then click on a channel in the mixer and press CTRL + L

Wow THX. I knew it had to be that easy, I tried searching the question before I posted I'm sure its been asked before.

riemannSum
riemannSum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 20th, 2008 @ 03:34 PM Reply

Every time I export a certain song it comes out grainy and crackly when points of peak volume or synthing occur... Anyone know how to fix this? When I play it in FL its fine..

xKore
xKore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 20th, 2008 @ 03:41 PM Reply

At 12/20/08 03:34 PM, riemannSum wrote: Every time I export a certain song it comes out grainy and crackly when points of peak volume or synthing occur... Anyone know how to fix this? When I play it in FL its fine..

turn it down, it's probably clipping. In FL, make sure the level meters never hit the red zone.