• 6,542 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
xKore
xKore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 14th, 2008 @ 12:29 PM Reply

At 11/14/08 01:06 AM, Switch620 wrote: but what if you wanna go down? it halves right? x -> 1/2x -> 1/4x

That is correct sir.

knuxrouge
knuxrouge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 14th, 2008 @ 01:30 PM Reply

My FL Studio 8 exports MP3s much, much slower than 7 did. It goes slower than 7 did with wav. files.
Is this common, and why?

what happened to this place?
Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature
MetalMetroid
MetalMetroid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 17th, 2008 @ 07:03 PM Reply

were can I get speical music sheets for FL from games :x

Metal Metroid

BBS Signature
Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 17th, 2008 @ 07:08 PM Reply

At 11/14/08 01:30 PM, knuxrouge wrote: My FL Studio 8 exports MP3s much, much slower than 7 did. It goes slower than 7 did with wav. files.
Is this common, and why?

check the bitrate, maybe its higher by default?

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

Psychophan7
Psychophan7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 18th, 2008 @ 02:14 PM Reply

Soundfonts: Why does .sf2 work but not .sfark or .sfpack?

xKore
xKore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 18th, 2008 @ 02:31 PM Reply

At 11/18/08 02:14 PM, Psychophan7 wrote: Soundfonts: Why does .sf2 work but not .sfark or .sfpack?

You need software to unpack sfarks and sfpacks to sf2s. They are just compressed versions of sf2. Think winrar/winzip for soundfonts. Just do a google on it and you'll find the software..

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 18th, 2008 @ 02:33 PM Reply

WHAT DOES YOUR SIG MEAN

Wat

xKore
xKore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 18th, 2008 @ 03:14 PM Reply

At 11/18/08 02:33 PM, Envy wrote: WHAT DOES YOUR SIG MEAN

IM A WHORE

MoniMC
MoniMC
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 18th, 2008 @ 09:05 PM Reply

It might be simple as a click to fix this problem for me but OMG its so annoying and i don't know how to fix it!

HOW the heck fo you get the playlist (Where you put your automation's and patterns) to use the magnet fuction like it always does when you first install, like it automatically aligns everything for you so you don't have to do it yourself, especially if your working on a lonnngg and Biggg song all that editing is a waste og time lol

so anyone?that can help? or had the same prob?

BBS Signature
Rawmin
Rawmin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 18th, 2008 @ 09:24 PM Reply

At 11/18/08 09:05 PM, MoniMC wrote: HOW the heck fo you get the playlist (Where you put your automation's and patterns) to use the magnet fuction like it always does when you first install, like it automatically aligns everything for you so you don't have to do it yourself, especially if your working on a lonnngg and Biggg song all that editing is a waste og time lol

so anyone?that can help? or had the same prob?

Heres what you want, just choose snap to cell and you should be right back where you were

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

BBS Signature
MoniMC
MoniMC
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 18th, 2008 @ 09:33 PM Reply

At 11/18/08 09:24 PM, Rawmin wrote:
At 11/18/08 09:05 PM, MoniMC wrote:
Heres what you want, just choose snap to cell and you should be right back where you were

Thank you! omgosh i must of changed it myself!

BBS Signature
Kalapsia
Kalapsia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 18th, 2008 @ 11:15 PM Reply

i was wondering if someone here can help learn to make music on FL, i was looking to make some DnB. You can check out what i have done on my page to see where i'm at i guess. But my main question is, how do you make a simple DnB beat? I'm terrible with the drums. Anyways PM if you guys can help me out..

deo0613
deo0613
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 18th, 2008 @ 11:28 PM Reply

Hi. My questions for you are:

- Are there any good tools in FL for manipulating samples / sounds so as to remove certain parts of it but still keep the whole? (E.g removing just the bass, just the vocals, just the beat etc.)

- What bundled tool is best used for wave manipulation as to make the best Solo Lead Synth for techno / hardcore techno, and how would you proceed to create a wave so that it sounds professional?

- How do you properly resize samples (the length) for perfect (yes, perfect) beat match without changing the actual BPM? (I find the little nobs to be incredibly stupid and inaccurate).

Excellent thread. Keep up the good work.

Psychophan7
Psychophan7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 19th, 2008 @ 08:02 AM Reply

At 11/18/08 02:31 PM, xKore wrote:
At 11/18/08 02:14 PM, Psychophan7 wrote: Soundfonts: Why does .sf2 work but not .sfark or .sfpack?
You need software to unpack sfarks and sfpacks to sf2s. They are just compressed versions of sf2. Think winrar/winzip for soundfonts. Just do a google on it and you'll find the software..

All I've been able to find are either outdated links or packers. Who the hell makes something that just packs and doesn't unpack? Jerks, that's who.

Psychophan7
Psychophan7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 19th, 2008 @ 08:15 AM Reply

At 11/19/08 08:02 AM, Psychophan7 wrote: All I've been able to find are either outdated links or packers. Who the hell makes something that just packs and doesn't unpack? Jerks, that's who.

Nevermind this. SFPack does uncompress. It's just retarded and works via shell command instead of having the functionality built into the actual program.

deo0613
deo0613
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 19th, 2008 @ 01:16 PM Reply

I have one additional unrelated question:
I know that quick is a relative term here, but even so, under what definition of quick does the audio portal operate on? It seems to me that the "quick process" of acknowledging user contributions is more like a "quick couple of days"? Please explain.

Oh, and don't double post. ^^,

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 19th, 2008 @ 01:26 PM Reply

They have to be personally passed. As the mods are also HUMAN BEINGS they have lives and therefore don't always get around to accepting the (hundreds?) of new artists daily trying to put shit songs on the audio portal, so there are generally long lists of songs for them to verify.

It's kind of like verification inflation (lol) the more popular the audio portal gets, the longer people will have to wait in line.

Wat

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 19th, 2008 @ 04:57 PM Reply

I have a question with FL 8.

Whenever I create an automation clip, it automatically makes it the length of the entire song... How do I make it so I can stretch as I please from the beginning. (I know you can delete the last point then drag and stuff, but thats REALLY annoying and sometimes it stops working like that for some reason)

Thanks in advance

Wat

HalcyonicFalconX
HalcyonicFalconX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 19th, 2008 @ 05:47 PM Reply

Very simple questions here.
Since I'm a piano person, it'd be nice to replicate all the piano stuff on FL 8.
I'd like to know how I can do:

1) Sustains (mimicking the pedal that is.)
2) Crescendo/Decrescendo (Volume increase/decrease)
3) Accelerando/Decelerando (Speed increase/decrease)

Thank you everybody!

-HFX ^_^

pyrobunny9
pyrobunny9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 19th, 2008 @ 08:51 PM Reply

1. How do you change the time of your song(like 6/6 or something like that)?

2. How do you cut out the couple seconds of silence that sometimes appears at the end of a song?

Reticence
Reticence
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 19th, 2008 @ 10:31 PM Reply

At 11/19/08 08:51 PM, pyrobunny9 wrote: 1. How do you change the time of your song(like 6/6 or something like that)?

2. How do you cut out the couple seconds of silence that sometimes appears at the end of a song?

2 - When rending your song, choose cut remainder.

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

My Myspace
Click sig for my latest song!

BBS Signature
pyrobunny9
pyrobunny9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 20th, 2008 @ 08:01 AM Reply

At 11/19/08 10:31 PM, Reticence wrote:
At 11/19/08 08:51 PM, pyrobunny9 wrote: 1. How do you change the time of your song(like 6/6 or something like that)?

2 - When rending your song, choose cut remainder.

oh, thankyou!

Psychophan7
Psychophan7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 20th, 2008 @ 11:17 AM Reply

Are chords impossible to play using a soundfont? (Without making a new pattern for it.)

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 20th, 2008 @ 12:59 PM Reply

They shouldnt be... Piano roll?

Wat

Psychophan7
Psychophan7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 20th, 2008 @ 01:53 PM Reply

I'm using the piano roll, but it'll only play the last note added to the chord instead of all of them.

xKore
xKore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 20th, 2008 @ 02:12 PM Reply

At 11/20/08 01:53 PM, Psychophan7 wrote: I'm using the piano roll, but it'll only play the last note added to the chord instead of all of them.

Maybe the soundfont is meant to played monophonically. See if you can turn up the polyphony in the misc tab or something.

Psychophan7
Psychophan7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 20th, 2008 @ 02:44 PM Reply

That works! There's so much more body to the sound!

It almost sounds heavenly...
Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 20th, 2008 @ 02:57 PM Reply

At 11/19/08 04:57 PM, Envy wrote: I have a question with FL 8.

Whenever I create an automation clip, it automatically makes it the length of the entire song... How do I make it so I can stretch as I please from the beginning. (I know you can delete the last point then drag and stuff, but thats REALLY annoying and sometimes it stops working like that for some reason)

Thanks in advance

yay I'm know something Envy doesn't ^^

Well it automatically makes an automation clip for the selected area of your playlist.
Just select the part of your song you want to place the automation in first and then create your clip.
That clip is now as long as your selection, and started at the start of your selection.

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 20th, 2008 @ 02:58 PM Reply

I*
bah what an ugly grammar error.
sorry for double posting.

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 20th, 2008 @ 03:04 PM Reply

gross, fl 6 had it so much easier >8( Just create and it creates the start of one wherever the playlist was at the time

Thanks though

Wat