PERVOK
PERVOK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-09-06 11:27:32 Reply

At 9/6/08 10:58 AM, Gatekeeper0 wrote: thanks so much :D

No problem dude, don't hesitate to come back if you have more questions :)

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

S3C
S3C
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-09-06 14:16:13 Reply

hey is there a way to change the loop points on the sampler?

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-09-06 15:41:48 Reply

At 9/6/08 02:16 PM, S3C wrote: hey is there a way to change the loop points on the sampler?

? Like change the point at which the loop starts?

If so, use the wavetraveller or fruity slicer.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

S3C
S3C
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-09-06 16:57:48 Reply

At 9/6/08 03:41 PM, Envy wrote:
At 9/6/08 02:16 PM, S3C wrote: hey is there a way to change the loop points on the sampler?
? Like change the point at which the loop starts?

If so, use the wavetraveller or fruity slicer.

Not exactly. I want the sample to start at the start of the sample, but once it reaches the end, i want the sustain to continue somewhere else in the loop eg 1/4 of the way. Wavetraveller wont work for this because it doesnt have a volume envelope control, but Fruity slicer actually will work-FL slicer might work but it wont let me save custom grooves :(

Thanks for the help Envy!

New-Milkman
New-Milkman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-09-06 17:03:11 Reply

At 9/6/08 04:57 PM, S3C wrote:
Not exactly. I want the sample to start at the start of the sample, but once it reaches the end, i want the sustain to continue somewhere else in the loop eg 1/4 of the way...

In the samlper window, just adjust the CRF knob, and you'll see red lines on the waveform. This will loop between the red lines as you hold the note.

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

S3C
S3C
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-09-06 17:07:51 Reply

geez milkman how the eff did I miss that!? Thanks man, that's exactly what I need :)

Aslan-Emanuel
Aslan-Emanuel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-09-06 18:50:50 Reply

(Yay! My first post in the NG forums!)
My question is really more of a request; I need someone to help me with mixing. The song I'm working on is not coming out nearly how it should, and I'm wondering why. So, I'm hoping someone here might be up to the task.
I can upload the .flp to www.sendspace.com, if anyone wants to take a look at it.

-Thanks.

BBS Signature
Mad-Mardigan
Mad-Mardigan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-09-06 20:51:57 Reply

Could someone tell me how to make the sound of a note fade out once it's hit?

as always it'll be appreciated
Zephyr-Stormwing
Zephyr-Stormwing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-09-06 21:38:25 Reply

I have been having some problems with recording my guitar in FL studios. I've have gotten everything set up the way it is suppose to (changing the settings inthe audio optoins to us the ASIO driver and doing the same int the mix sequence.) but when I arm the record button and hit the play button to start recording, it gets stuck on the countdown before the record. Does anyone have an suggestions on how to fix this? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

st91
st91
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-09-06 21:42:43 Reply

wtf is soundgoodizer it looks rly cool but i have no idea how to use it.

Your parents told me to tell you that you are a douche

New-Milkman
New-Milkman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-09-07 04:41:30 Reply

At 9/6/08 06:50 PM, Aslan-Emanuel wrote: (Yay! My first post in the NG forums!)
... I can upload the .flp to www.sendspace.com, if anyone wants to take a look at it.

For your protecion's sake, I'd say that only sending the MP3 file over something like SendSpace should be enough. You wouldn't want someone stealing your work now, would you? At least, it isn't always the best idea to realease a project final until long after you upload the song somewhere or something, in my opinion.

At 9/6/08 08:51 PM, Mad-Mardigan wrote: Could someone tell me how to make the sound of a note fade out once it's hit?

as always it'll be appreciated

What you're looking to change is the ADSR values of your synth. A is for attack, D is the decay, S is the sustain, and R is the realease.

Attack is basically the "fade in" of a note when it is set. You use a high attack value for pads and stuff. Shorter attacks will result in the sound being louder right when you press a key. Decay is how quickly the volume of the note drops (because the attack goes to the very highest volume, then it has to drop down). What it drops down to is the sustain level. Sustain is how loud the note stays as you hold the note. How long the sustain level stays at can usually be adjusted by some kind of "hold" value.

And finally, what you are looking for is the release. This is how quickly the note fades out. I would think that whatever you are using should have some ADSR sliders or something, so if you want to fade out a note just bring up the "R" value.

If you want more info on ASDR envelopes, here's a picture.

At 9/6/08 09:38 PM, Zephyr-Stormwing wrote: I have been having some problems with recording my guitar in FL studios. I've have gotten everything set up the way it is suppose to (changing the settings inthe audio optoins to us the ASIO driver and doing the same int the mix sequence.) but when I arm the record button and hit the play button to start recording, it gets stuck on the countdown before the record. Does anyone have an suggestions on how to fix this? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Not very sure on your problem, but I think maybe there's a chance you have "wait for input" option selected. Somewhere at the top of the screen beside the recording button and tempo, there should be an icon that has a keyboard with "wait" under it (or push Ctrl + I). Make sure that's turned off, then try to record. Once again though, I don't record very much so I'm not too sure if this will solve your problem.

At 9/6/08 09:42 PM, st91 wrote: wtf is soundgoodizer it looks rly cool but i have no idea how to use it.

I think it's basically a compressor. You basically put that on an effect slot, and hope that it makes whatever instrument has it sounds better. And use the big and only knob to apply how much of the effect is used, and select a mode (A, B, C or D) and listen to how it sounds.

Zephyr-Stormwing
Zephyr-Stormwing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-09-07 09:36:18 Reply

I just checked into that and i'm still having the problem. I think I may need a new sound card that is ASIO ready. I just downloaded an ASIO driver. Thanks Milkman, for the input. I am going to put this under my favorites.

Blackdoom13
Blackdoom13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-09-07 19:58:08 Reply

Hey guys, I'm working on a techno song and it's sounding pretty good, but the problem is that I keep hearing a cracking sound after playing the song for a few seconds. I'm not sure why it's doing this but it just kills the song and I want it gone. Can someone please help me out?

When I die. It will be in a blaze of glory.
Metal Hellion/My band (Bestial Remains) Myspace/Sonic Crew

BBS Signature
Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-09-07 20:21:50 Reply

At 9/7/08 07:58 PM, Blackdoom13 wrote: Hey guys, I'm working on a techno song and it's sounding pretty good, but the problem is that I keep hearing a cracking sound after playing the song for a few seconds. I'm not sure why it's doing this but it just kills the song and I want it gone. Can someone please help me out?

try exporting the song, and seeing if the crackling is still there.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

Blackdoom13
Blackdoom13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-09-07 20:38:11 Reply

At 9/7/08 08:21 PM, Envy wrote: try exporting the song, and seeing if the crackling is still there.

Thanks alot man that took care of it!

BBS Signature
Blackdoom13
Blackdoom13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-09-07 21:02:47 Reply

Hey sorry about the double post but here's a link to my song if you'd like to hear.
Boss Battle

BBS Signature
Gatekeeper0
Gatekeeper0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-09-08 22:22:08 Reply

whenever I use the plugin FL slayer for guitar sounds, it always holds the note, is there anyway to make it not do this?

BBS Signature
New-Milkman
New-Milkman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-09-08 22:35:48 Reply

At 9/8/08 10:22 PM, Gatekeeper0 wrote: whenever I use the plugin FL slayer for guitar sounds, it always holds the note, is there anyway to make it not do this?

Right click on the Slayer button, and pick "Piano Roll" from the menu. Using the piano roll, you can make notes as short or as long as you want by making the green boxes shorter or longer. The placement of the notes also determines the note played. I think that should solve your problem.

Gatekeeper0
Gatekeeper0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-09-09 07:20:57 Reply

thank you so much :]

BBS Signature
casesherlock
casesherlock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-09-09 16:02:23 Reply

I can answer any questions,too just so you know Im lurking) Im not an expert but I know what im doing.

t-bone88
t-bone88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-09-13 03:29:33 Reply

link plz?

At 8/28/08 04:10 PM, S3C wrote:
At 8/28/08 03:41 PM, t-bone88 wrote:
is there a way to where I can make a song in alcapella with FL XXL7?
Actually it is with tons of Eqing. there are tutorials that tell you how to do it. You have to Eq the shit out of the song to only get the frequency that vocals are on.

BBS Signature
t-bone88
t-bone88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-09-13 03:31:49 Reply

link plz and how do you import the audio file to FL

Actually it is with tons of Eqing. there are tutorials that tell you how to do it. You have to Eq the shit out of the song to only get the frequency that vocals are on.

BBS Signature
t-bone88
t-bone88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-09-13 05:09:42 Reply

link plz and how do you import audio (mp3) files to FL, and if you cant import mp3 files, is there any other way you can? (i.e. conform them so they can be imported, and how)

BBS Signature
New-Milkman
New-Milkman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-09-13 05:44:08 Reply

At 9/13/08 05:09 AM, t-bone88 wrote: link plz and how do you import audio (mp3) files to FL, and if you cant import mp3 files, is there any other way you can? (i.e. conform them so they can be imported, and how)

Click on "Channels > Add one > Audio Clip", and click on the box that appears. On the window that opens up, click on the folder and select the audio file you want to import.

Then to open up the EQ, you just push F9 and set the effects slot to whatever one you want to use (or just use the master slot, and use this flp file for just getting the vocals). Push the arrow button on the right of the mixer, and go to "Select > Fruity Parametric EQ (1 or 2)". Fruity Free Filter will probably help a bit too.

But in reality, it is extremely hard to get only the vocals. You'd be better off trying to find an a capella over the internet or something.

Gatekeeper0
Gatekeeper0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-09-13 14:41:47 Reply

is there any way i can get more add ons, for didfferent sounds. I know I already ahvea good selection but I'm wondering if there are any more?

BBS Signature
Hellmasker
Hellmasker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-09-13 19:41:42 Reply

I'm trying to get that sweeping/pitch changing sound from the Fruity Flanger without having the channel playing to it. For example, I put the Flanger on some strings and after I get my custom sound I just want to hear what's coming out of the Flanger, not the Flanger and the strings. Is there a way to get rid of the input and just have the output?

If you're wondering, the sound I'm goin for can be heard in "Chateau" by "Rob Dougan" in the "Matrix Reloaded" soundtrack. It can be heard right at the beginning and throughout most of the song as well. If you don't have the song you can easily look it up on YouTube. It's usually one of the first few links that come up.

New-Milkman
New-Milkman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-09-14 04:30:10 Reply

At 9/13/08 02:41 PM, Gatekeeper0 wrote: is there any way i can get more add ons, for didfferent sounds. I know I already ahvea good selection but I'm wondering if there are any more?

You can always do a Google search for VST's / VSTi's and samples, but here's a few:

http://www.kvraudio.com/
http://www.freesound.org/
http://www.breakbeat-paradise.com/bb_sam ples.php
http://www.atomsplitteraudio.com/

At 9/13/08 07:41 PM, Hellmasker wrote: I'm trying to get that sweeping/pitch changing sound from the Fruity Flanger without having the channel playing to it. For example, I put the Flanger on some strings and after I get my custom sound I just want to hear what's coming out of the Flanger, not the Flanger and the strings. Is there a way to get rid of the input and just have the output?

I think you can do this by adjusting the wet / dry values in Fruity Flanger. Turn the "dry" all the way down (- infinity) and the wet all the way up (0.000 dB). It's usually the same knobs for other sound effects too, you can think of it as the effect as water, if you want. Dry would be not having any of the effect at all, and having it wet would have a lot of water on it.

Hellmasker
Hellmasker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-09-14 13:18:55 Reply

At 9/13/08 07:41 PM, Hellmasker wrote: I'm trying to get that sweeping/pitch changing sound from the Fruity Flanger without having the channel playing to it. For example, I put the Flanger on some strings and after I get my custom sound I just want to hear what's coming out of the Flanger, not the Flanger and the strings. Is there a way to get rid of the input and just have the output?
I think you can do this by adjusting the wet / dry values in Fruity Flanger. Turn the "dry" all the way down (- infinity) and the wet all the way up (0.000 dB). It's usually the same knobs for other sound effects too, you can think of it as the effect as water, if you want. Dry would be not having any of the effect at all, and having it wet would have a lot of water on it.

Hey, thanks for getting back to me! I kinda had the setup you mentioned but the dry was turned up to -10db. I turned the dry off but doing that diminishes the flanging sound I want to hear. I also tried using the Flangus. Is there really any difference between the two plugins? Well anyway, did you check out "Chateau"? I'm starting to think that the guy flanges certain instruments rather than just use the flanging sound all on its own.

TheMerelyHuman
TheMerelyHuman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-09-14 19:31:18 Reply

I would like to fade out of an audio clip on the playlist (an individual segment of an audio clip) but I don't know how. HELP! VERY URGENT!

Trust in Lord with all your heart. Lean not to your own understanding. YOU TOO DUMB to handle it!