Atomskkk
Atomskkk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 9th, 2005 @ 05:33 PM Reply

At 12/8/05 09:56 PM, PiePie wrote:
At 12/8/05 09:47 PM, TheChildrenAreDead wrote: (look at pic)
How do i add more of these? i think you would need a lot more of these to make songs.
well i answered this in your other thread but since it will be locked I put it here for future pppl

you have to change the beats per minute

if you want to make full songs you have to use piano roll not that

oh, piano role? Can u explain what piano role is exactly, and how to use it, ty.

PiePie
PiePie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 9th, 2005 @ 09:50 PM Reply

At 12/9/05 05:33 PM, TheChildrenAreDead wrote: oh, piano role? Can u explain what piano role is exactly, and how to use it, ty.

right click on the sound you want click piano roll and then uhm don't really know how to explain just pretend your on piano and press in the time slots until it has a good beat...

PERVOK
PERVOK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 9th, 2005 @ 10:04 PM Reply

At 12/8/05 10:48 PM, ljcoffee wrote:
At 12/8/05 10:44 PM, PiePie wrote: it doesn't (suck)
XD - I'm only trolling man, I posted almost the exact same thing in the Reason thread - I would imagine though that where you were actually very cool with your answer - Ted will lose his frickin' mind...

wow, its been forever since ive heard from Ted, now that i think about it.

gr0ss
gr0ss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 11th, 2005 @ 02:58 PM Reply

Which channel thingy would i add to make ambient music? Like when you add a channel and theres different stuff to add in it, ya know what I mean?

B0UNC3
B0UNC3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 11th, 2005 @ 03:38 PM Reply

Lots of reverb chorus and some delay?

CenterWall | Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter

gr0ss
gr0ss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 11th, 2005 @ 03:52 PM Reply

Those are effects eh? Ok cool, thanks, ill see if works out all right ;)

gr0ss
gr0ss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 11th, 2005 @ 08:15 PM Reply

Now for my other question...How do I use those effects on a channel?

PiePie
PiePie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 11th, 2005 @ 10:45 PM Reply

PIEPIE TO THE RESCUE!!!

just press F9 to get the panel up choose the channel then right click lalalalla

do as pic says

I posted this on previous page.

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

OrangeFox
OrangeFox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 12th, 2005 @ 04:53 AM Reply

I had FruityLoops 3.5 Full at one time but I gave up on it when it wouldn't let me connect my midi board and run stright recordings from board right to the program.

B0UNC3
B0UNC3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 12th, 2005 @ 05:02 AM Reply

I really hope you connected your keyboard trhough MIDI IN and not MIDI OUT. Mine works fine and if I remember right FL 3.5 had the compability to run MIDI synths.

CenterWall | Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter

gr0ss
gr0ss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 12th, 2005 @ 04:10 PM Reply

Thanks PiePie, I found it, but I didnt post after I found it because That'd be tripple posting ;)

PiePie
PiePie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 12th, 2005 @ 05:21 PM Reply

At 12/12/05 04:10 PM, AmplifiedSound wrote: Thanks PiePie, I found it, but I didnt post after I found it because That'd be tripple posting ;)

no problem Im here to help, I have nothing better to do ( yes I know im sad)

gr0ss
gr0ss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 12th, 2005 @ 05:25 PM Reply

>:C Your life owns my piconjo in the ear!

gr0ss
gr0ss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 12th, 2005 @ 06:06 PM Reply

Mmm, 'nother question. What SOUNDS would you use for ambient. Like, SimSynth, FPC, etc.?

Well...The most common.

Kasualty
Kasualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 15th, 2005 @ 08:34 AM Reply

How can I automate something?

Do NOT click the siggy

BBS Signature
Kasualty
Kasualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 17th, 2005 @ 06:16 PM Reply

No one knows?

Do NOT click the siggy

BBS Signature
SolusLunes
SolusLunes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 17th, 2005 @ 06:34 PM Reply

Nope, I don't use FL anymore :)

Kasualty
Kasualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 18th, 2005 @ 12:29 PM Reply

At 12/17/05 06:34 PM, SolusLunes wrote: Nope, I don't use FL anymore :)

What do you use?

Do NOT click the siggy

BBS Signature
SolusLunes
SolusLunes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 18th, 2005 @ 12:30 PM Reply

I would believe this is the first time forumwise, third time otherwise- I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

Kasualty
Kasualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 18th, 2005 @ 12:40 PM Reply

At 12/18/05 12:30 PM, SolusLunes wrote: I would believe this is the first time forumwise, third time otherwise- I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

I'm not scared of the grave. >:)

Do NOT click the siggy

BBS Signature
xthesnarfx
xthesnarfx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 19th, 2005 @ 09:28 PM Reply

u guys seem good how do I add music to my flash

BBS Signature
PiePie
PiePie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 20th, 2005 @ 09:59 AM Reply

At 12/19/05 09:28 PM, xthesnarfx wrote: u guys seem good how do I add music to my flash

this is for Fruityloops not general music questions, but since you said we were good then well.

File-Import-Library

find music file, to to get it just press like Ctrl+L to get the library then well the rest is self explanatory

xthesnarfx
xthesnarfx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 20th, 2005 @ 08:49 PM Reply

o thanks

BBS Signature
EM-X
EM-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 23rd, 2005 @ 11:35 AM Reply

Well, I just downloaded FL 6 DEMO the other day. Pretty nice program, I must say. But there are some problems. Like you said earlier, it is bad for orchestra.Is there any other good program out there that really focuses on orchestra music (having good trumpets, french horns, trombones, etc.)? Or are there just other great programs to look into as well?

As well, the program is still pretty difficult to understand, but I'm going to try and fiddle with it to learn it by myself, like you suggested. But I've read previous posts, and was wondering, are there any vital parts of FL that I need to know in order to make good songs? (like snap)

My other concern was plug-ins, VST's and samples. What exactly do VST's and plug-ins do? How can I reach them (or use them) in the program? Also, what are the best places to find extra samples, VST's, etc.? I can't go to their website, as everything there is subscribers only. Are there ones that I REALLY need to get, or should I just search google when I think I need something?

Sorry if this is way too many questions. :-P I have just been interested in music creating for a long time, and I really wish to make great songs. One last question before I go though. Which package is the better buy? Producer, Express, FL Version, or XXL? I just want your imput to see if the extra stuff in each package really matters.

Thanks again. This should, and hopefully will be my last post of n00biness.

vancillotti
vancillotti
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jan. 21st, 2006 @ 01:49 PM Reply

is there a way to lengthen the time for a song

EX. the highest i can go for a song is around 30 secs is there a way i can make it longer to anbout 2 min

PocketAces
PocketAces
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jan. 21st, 2006 @ 04:20 PM Reply

At 1/21/06 01:49 PM, vancillotti wrote: is there a way to lengthen the time for a song

EX. the highest i can go for a song is around 30 secs is there a way i can make it longer to anbout 2 min

I was about to ask the same thing:

I'm real new to FL, and I was just pissin around and made a short loop. Just wondering how I stretch that loop to be around 1minute....maybe longer, so that when I save it to MP3, it will auto-loop into a short song, if that made any sense?

Can someone help me out? Thanks.

vancillotti
vancillotti
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jan. 21st, 2006 @ 04:23 PM Reply

yeah man same with me im real new also

PERVOK
PERVOK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jan. 21st, 2006 @ 04:31 PM Reply

In FL and other music makers, you piece the song together by making 'patterns'.
So, instead of having like, a 2 second loop on one patteren, you can make multiple patterns, and then arrange them on the sequencer.

As shown:

PocketAces
PocketAces
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jan. 21st, 2006 @ 04:54 PM Reply

Thanks, makes sense, also it seems you have to hit the little "song" button for it to take effect in the playlist wondow.