00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BWWAA-LORD-OF-DUCKS just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

662,457 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-14 17:33:22

At 7/14/05 04:32 PM, HidraolicCat wrote: Is there a way to fix it?

ive never found out how... maybe because ive never tried. But that was because i didnt think there would be a way to fix it, but if you do, let me know if you manage to find out:)

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-14 17:46:33

At 7/14/05 05:33 PM, Whirlguy wrote:
At 7/14/05 04:32 PM, HidraolicCat wrote: Is there a way to fix it?
ive never found out how... maybe because ive never tried. But that was because i didnt think there would be a way to fix it, but if you do, let me know if you manage to find out:)

k :)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-15 00:19:31

I'm not sure if this was asked yet because, frankly, I'm too lazy to look through them all.

How do I make a Gate Effect?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-16 07:51:52

im new so dont get anoyed if i ask this but.....how can i get EXP points?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-16 07:55:05

Wrong place to ask buddy ;D

But regardless, it looks like you already know how to get EXP...you've already got 30 points :P

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-16 10:18:39

At 7/16/05 10:00 AM, many_monkeys wrote: simple question how comes i can only play the patterns not whole songs when i click on song it dosnt play anything help me please!

Did you set patterns in the play list?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-18 03:58:32

At 7/15/05 12:19 AM, Chief_Tank wrote: I'm not sure if this was asked yet because, frankly, I'm too lazy to look through them all.

How do I make a Gate Effect?

Here's a simple way to make a gate effect, taken from the tutorial section of Fruity Loops 3.5.6:

1. Create the instrument you want to be gated, i.e. SimSynth, then create a 3xOsc channel. Set them to separate FX channels (for example's sake, 1 and 2 respectively. REMEMBER THIS!)
2. Set a Peak Controller on FX Channel 2. (Or whatever channel you put 3xOsc on)
3. Create a rhythm that sounds good with the 3xOsc. Please note, 3xOsc is not the instrument you are gating, so you don't need to worry about a melody. Just create a cool rhythm.
4. Now, with the SimSynth, create your melody. This is the sound that will be gated. I suggest long chords, not choppy lead lines. The effect is more noticable on chords.
5. Right-click on the volume control for your SimSynth. Select "link to controller." Go to "Input," and select the option for "Peak controller- Peak + LFO." Make sure it's the Peak Controller found in the FX Channel assigned to the 3xOsc.
6. Lastly, open up said Peak Controller. Find the button in the lower right-hand corner called "mute" and turn it ON. This will prevent any sound coming from the 3xOsc. Adjust the Peak and LFO options to where you like 'em, and..... voila! A nice series of gated chords!

Try experimenting with various controls to get different effects!

(This is only one way to make a gate effect. There are multiple other ways, too complex to explain here. Just goof around some with the controls of the generators and you should be able to figure it out on your own.)

Lemme know how it goes!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-18 04:11:34

At 7/14/05 03:14 PM, Inuyfan1 wrote: I need help making good long techno, trance music that actually sounds good. Most of the stuff I submit don't get noticed and aren't that good.

First could you tell me where all the cool meters are, and where to finds them?

Secondly, could you tell me where all the cool props are, and how do I get levels, and grooves to work?

Thanks so much in advance, I would really appreciate it. :)

You don't need meters or levels. (Grooves help sometimes.) What you need is actual passion in your music. You've got to start with a good rhythm! A good backbeat, then add a bassline, melody, supporting parts... I listened to some of your stuff, and you've got potential. You probably just need more practice.

My advice? Start with the basics of music composition. Pick up a how-to book or something like it on music composition. After all, trance is music... Second, listen to a lot of trance and techno- this allows you to hear what sounds good and gather ideas. Then just practice a lot, as experimentation is the key! Music can't be learned in a day. And forget about grooves and levels and meters until you feel comfortable laying down beats and melodies.

Good luck! I'll be watching for new stuff from ya.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-18 19:02:43

hmmm maybe i should experiment more with the effect to get synths more trancier. and play with the plugins more. You people got me motivated!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-18 21:42:46

Why won't the AP let me submit any songs larger than like a min?
Here is the song, it's called Urban Jams, and I think I will add to it, but tell me what you think.

"C:\Program Files\FLStudio\Data\Projects\urbanjam1.mp3
"

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-18 21:50:48

I think this link would work......

C:\Program Files\FLStudio\Data\Projects

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-19 11:09:59

(sorry if this has been asked already)

i have FL Studio 5 Demo, when i export a loop it carries on until all the sounds have stopped completly, so they dont loop. how do i stop this?

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-20 04:59:55

At 7/19/05 11:09 AM, mogly wrote: (sorry if this has been asked already)

i have FL Studio 5 Demo, when i export a loop it carries on until all the sounds have stopped completly, so they dont loop. how do i stop this?

The problem lies in how you're exporting what's called the loop's "remainder." This is that tail that forms the un-ending oh-so-lovable loop that trance, dance, and all things rhythmic love. Check around your screen for options dealing with the remainder. If you mouse-over the remainder options FL Studio should tell you what it does right underneath the menu bar (you know, file, edit, help... etc.) You want something that causes the sound to loop again- pick whatever option sounds closest to it.

I'm afraid I can't offer more help than that. I've always just exported whole songs, not loops. Lemme know if it works for ya.

Peace

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-21 13:40:08

I am having a problem with something in my FL song . Sorry for the retarded file name...

The problem is that the LFO I have set in mixer track 15 is somehow fucking up the snare sound which is not linked. Is this just my software or does anyone have the same problem with my file and if so, how the fuck do I fix it? I pretty new to FL, so I could just be making some retarded mistake.

While I am at it though, let me ask something else. How do you get the LFO to work in the Peak Controller from the default settings anyhow? I've just been using settings from the tutorial files that came with the software, but when I twist the knobs from the default setting I can't, for the life of me, get the LFO meter to move. I hope someone can helpm e remedy this problem.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-21 13:43:24

Actually nevermind because somehow it erased all my mixer effects, so its fucked to hell anyways...thanks to anyone who tried, but then got massively confused.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-22 08:36:13

i found out what t is, its something with the fruity lp on the master turn it off, and try using something else for the effect you wanted to create

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-08-08 16:03:16

I dunno if I can place this in this Forum (dunno if there are rules against it) But all you music makers out there try Soulseek if you want to get alot of samples fast and good , Lots of good DJ's use Soulseek to interract with one another too so you can ask for help there too :) Its totally legit and free

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-08-15 02:15:49

What kinda things can I do with that little space under the pattern grid I dont have a manual and I kinda found the full version online

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-08-15 16:50:42

ive tried using fruity loops and end up coming up with a drum beat and thats it, can you not get anything other than drums in this thing? if so explain?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-08-15 21:11:41

ok, ive had this on my mind for some time now...What's the fruity granulizer and ReWIRE?

-Allen

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-08-27 06:57:33

At 8/15/05 04:50 PM, Gobu wrote: ive tried using fruity loops and end up coming up with a drum beat and thats it, can you not get anything other than drums in this thing? if so explain?

u can do anything with FL
firstly per example go to the browser (in the top right of screen there are a couple of buttons, that should switch it on
click on packs and you see a lot of different sounds that you can drag in the step sequencer
u can also try plugins (right click on one of the sounds in the step sequencer and select insert channel, then per example click on FL Slayer, now u have really cool guitar)
see

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-09-01 09:15:49

Question- Has anyone been able to come up with a really really warm string-sounding synth that they could help me create? (i.e. VNV NATION's intro to "Perpetual") Right now I'm using the demo version of FL 3.

Any help would be appreciated.

Check out my music! Alchemic Soul- A New Direction in Trance Leave reviews!

Thanks

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-09-01 13:06:27

At 8/15/05 09:11 PM, AllenStylez wrote: ok, ive had this on my mind for some time now...What's the fruity granulizer and ReWIRE?

-Allen

ReWire is a plugin/device that will let you connect FL to any other program it supports. You can turn fruity loops into a host for a client such as Reason, ReBirth, Cubase, and Sonar. As well as make it a Client for another program.

The way it works is that you can convert FL into a Host for the above mention programs. What this does is send all Audio output from those Programs into FL to be maniplulated as you please. The output program synchronizes with Fruity Loops so you play it back and move it's position.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-09-11 18:48:22

Hi, I am a complete n00b to FL. I just got the demo and I'm just trying to learn through experimenting.

What I'm having trouble with is getting a beat to stay in sync with a piano that plays custom notes I made through the "piano roll" window.

Is there a way to sync a beat and the keys together without having to manually move every single piece of "painted" or "drawed" keys to play at the right time with the beat?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-09-12 15:40:54

Thanks that helps.

But AGHHH overall. this thing is so hard to make it play good music! i have good intentions but everything i make sounds so choppy and pathetic. if i just had that finesse needed to iron things out it would be perfect.

>_< grrr so frustrating when u don't know HOW to use this program.

I need a FL tutor :-(

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-09-13 01:47:22

I've been wondering this for a while.

How do you link a knob to the playlist's "click to import a sound" zone, (you know, the one under the playlist's patter zone.

I've seen it done in Scott Fisher's "Moholithic Filter"

Thanks btw, i can also answer some Qs if you want.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-10-01 11:23:59

My problem is I can't find any GOOD sorta rock guitar samples. Maybe i'm just a terrible google searcher, but all the ones that come with Fruity I can't even tweak to my liking. They just don't sound good.

Any suggestions on a good site?
Thanks.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-10-01 11:29:15

At 8/15/05 04:50 PM, Gobu wrote: ive tried using fruity loops and end up coming up with a drum beat and thats it, can you not get anything other than drums in this thing? if so explain?

first you have to select a new chanel....select sampler and then drag a piano sample or somethin to the sampler chanell an do the piano roll stuff

SERVING THE CAUSE

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-10-02 14:56:08

How do I envelope effects into the playlist on Fruityloops V5?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-10-16 09:56:41

At 10/2/05 02:56 PM, I_HATE_LIFE wrote: How do I envelope effects into the playlist on Fruityloops V5?

Im still tryin to figure that one out.