00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

659,447 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2017-09-15 08:37:33

I dunno if this goes here, but I searched a Long time for anything. There is this kick in Envy's "Shinto". Straight from the beginning. I wanna know how it's done. I love that kick Sound and I hear this type of kick in a lot of tracks, sometimes even in tracks by more popular musicians, too. But I never got, how it's made. Shinto is the best example so far for what I mean.

I use FL Studio, Producer Edition.

At 9/15/17 08:37 AM, Slimelp wrote: I dunno if this goes here, but I searched a Long time for anything. There is this kick in Envy's "Shinto". Straight from the beginning. I wanna know how it's done. I love that kick Sound and I hear this type of kick in a lot of tracks, sometimes even in tracks by more popular musicians, too. But I never got, how it's made. Shinto is the best example so far for what I mean.

I use FL Studio, Producer Edition.

In likelihood it could be a drum sample from who knows where. But you can get pretty close to this sound using the "BassDrum" synthesizer in FL studio. I turned duration to 43%, set up "Main" like: Base: just over halfway, Peak about 40%, Slide 25%. Turned everything down in the slave section, turned mix down in the middle bit. In the click section I set the freq to 18%, Cut to 90%, Level to 88%. In the Master section: Drive to 44%, Sub-bass to 80%, Attack to 0. And the sampling ratio to 50% (1.00).

Play around a bunch with this plugin, you can get a variety of sorts of kicks out of it.

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2018-05-25 09:52:33

So I made an orchestral remix of something, but the strings were just completely screwed up on export. I'm GUESSING the delay was set too high (if like, 5/100 is too high)
Here's the remix:
https://soundcloud.com/raging-riolu-368900163/megalovania-orchestra

The strings are supposed to follow the lead, and do at some points, but for the majority of the track they're just screwed up.
They were fine in the program though. My second guess it the computer was turned off while it was rendering. I was having it render overnight because it was taking so long, and when I checked on it this morning the computer was turned off.

Hoping this thread isn't dead. I made an account just to say this.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2018-10-09 06:43:18

How many VST's you can add up to in FL Studio 20?

-:[ROBLESK]:-

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2018-10-14 19:01:18

Um, well, how do you get .rar files in FL Studio?

You got dat?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2018-10-18 21:18:18

At 10/9/18 06:43 AM, RoblesK wrote: How many VST's you can add up to in FL Studio 20?

What exactly do you mean? Stalk FL presets? Which edition?

You got dat?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2018-10-26 03:33:46

At 10/18/18 09:18 PM, Zophar wrote:
At 10/9/18 06:43 AM, RoblesK wrote: How many VST's you can add up to in FL Studio 20?
What exactly do you mean? Stalk FL presets? Which edition?

Any edition, demo and full version

-:[ROBLESK]:-

BBS Signature

At 4/8/05 09:13 PM, Tancrisism wrote: Alright, RageVI, what exactly is FruityLoops? I have been wondering this for a while.

It is a Music Making Studio mainly referred to as Fruity Loops Studio or even more commonly FL Studio and the latest version is FL Studio 20 I in fact use it but I use the Demo of it. It is very good and easy and fun to use when you learn how to use it!! I am still learning but make songs and show improvement!! :)

-TAGPilot101YT

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2019-01-15 13:26:28

At 1/15/19 12:18 PM, TAGPilot101YT wrote:
At 4/8/05 09:13 PM, Tancrisism wrote: Alright, RageVI, what exactly is FruityLoops? I have been wondering this for a while.
It is a Music Making Studio mainly referred to as Fruity Loops Studio or even more commonly FL Studio and the latest version is FL Studio 20 I in fact use it but I use the Demo of it. It is very good and easy and fun to use when you learn how to use it!! I am still learning but make songs and show improvement!! :)

Wait, you weren't even born when he asked that! :D

Salut!

I create 3D art here, and you can listen to my album there! Comments/Feedback appreciated.

Merci!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2019-01-15 13:33:19

At 1/15/19 01:26 PM, Daru925 wrote:

Yes I was, I was a few months old when he asked that

-TAGPilot101YT

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2019-01-15 20:25:44

At 1/15/19 01:26 PM, Daru925 wrote:

LOL

You got dat?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2019-11-05 19:04:37

I'm well aware that this thread has not been in use since January, but 1) this is the apt thread for this question and 2) I feel that I'd appreciate what advice anyone can offer to go one way or the other, based on the workflow I am comfortable with.

To provide context to the images attached below, which are a list I've drawn up of positive, negative and neutral points about FL Studio 11 and 20+, this is my workflow at present:

1. I record all vox and live instruments on Audacity. I do have a USB audio interface (specifically, a Scarlett 2i2) but even with that, for the life of me, I've never successfully gotten FL 11 or 20 to record ANYTHING apart from MIDI off a keyboard.
  2. I work on a shoestring. With the exception of live instruments and certain VSTs, including those I've recently won, most of my instrumentation consists of SF2s and default synths e.g. Autogun, Sytrus.... . In the past I churned out music on a regular basis because it felt like a breeze, but now I feel... stifled. Fruity Soundfont Player loads SF2s like a charm; DirectWave, which is what I use on FL20, buggers the note order up so badly that I basically waste precious minutes, even hours, faffing about changing individual note pitches. And external soundfont players aren't gonna cut it because the sampling length on both DirectWave and Fruity SF Player are on point -- which is something that I've not seen Sforzando or DSK SF2 do properly.
  3. Up till last year I used FL Studio 11. What prompted me to make the shift to FL 20 was my inability to load many instances of Edison, when I needed to import WAVs of recordings into the playlist. Also, I was under the impression that I could collaborate with more people since more people use FL20 or later, but this leads me to my next point, which is...
  4. No matter how many times I've tried, exporting a zipped .flp DOES NOT WORK on FL20 on all devices. At all. The last collaborative file, Estavius ~ Vocal Ver., was a nightmare to send over because FL20 kept crashing when it was about 90% done trying to export said FLP as a zipped folder. It is feasible to gather all my material from every corner of my computer and external HDD, but it is a soul-crushing process.
  5. But FL20 has been instrumental for many of my larger projects; Stormfall, the track which won me AIM this year, would not have been possible at all on FL11 because of the sheer amount of samples I needed to load. Also, FL20's mixer objectively looks and feels better.
  6. I've had someone inform me that x86 FL11 can be emulated on FL20 and I've even seen a video on how to do it, but I've had no success in doing so myself.

Anyway. I am torn. I've drawn up this long-ish list. Please feel free to interject if you see workarounds to any of the problems mentioned; they may or may not work on both my devices but I'll be sure to at least give them a try. I'm suspecting workflow problems are part of the reason why I feel like composing is a soul-destroying experience these days, and I'd appreciate a nuanced response on which to go for.

iu_67100_3805804.jpg

iu_67099_3805804.jpg

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2019-11-05 19:57:40

Sounds like an unacceptable situation to be in, honestly.

I'll just spring towards the obvious procedure and dare to ask if you've tried/done this and at what point does it prove to no avail? Without walking us through to the exact bit in the operation where critical failure occurs nobody is likely to smell a solution.

As a complete aside, don't those interfaces come packaged with like protools and ableton lite? If all else fails it won't set your drums on fire to give that a try instead, who knows might surprise yourself.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2020-05-08 20:55:05

At 11/5/19 07:57 PM, AliceMako wrote: Sounds like an unacceptable situation to be in, honestly.

I may have found my workaround, but it's a bit of a precarious balance (BTW, I only just saw this reply -- apologies). I have now both FLS 11 and 20 installed for diffferent needs. Composing is fast on 11; mixing is fast on 20.

I'll just spring towards the obvious procedure and dare to ask if you've tried/done this and at what point does it prove to no avail? Without walking us through to the exact bit in the operation where critical failure occurs nobody is likely to smell a solution.

Recording itself. FL has stalled when I've tried to do so, and I haven't even gotten to the hundreds of vocal layers yet (to that end, I've just used Audacity with the Scarlett 2i2; it's lightweight).

As a complete aside, don't those interfaces come packaged with like protools and ableton lite? If all else fails it won't set your drums on fire to give that a try instead, who knows might surprise yourself.

No, I just got the interface in question secondhand, on its own (I even had to procure my own USB B cable, which, thankfully, we had, as a holdover from computing of the distant past).