New Topic Respond to this Topic
midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-10-20 09:21:27 Reply

At 10/20/14 03:43 AM, Glyxis wrote: Hi, quick question: How i can move all, and I mean ALL stuff forward in piano roll, so all filters and everything come along?

unfortunately you'll need to switch to the events window (right click a knob or fader > edit events) to move anything that isn't included in the note data. moving stuff around in the events window can be a bit tricky but if you've been making whole songs in single patterns all this time then you should have no trouble getting the hang of it

p.s. i am gay

Glyxis
Glyxis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-10-20 10:46:38 Reply

At 10/20/14 09:21 AM, midimachine wrote:
At 10/20/14 03:43 AM, Glyxis wrote: Hi, quick question: How i can move all, and I mean ALL stuff forward in piano roll, so all filters and everything come along?
unfortunately you'll need to switch to the events window (right click a knob or fader > edit events) to move anything that isn't included in the note data. moving stuff around in the events window can be a bit tricky but if you've been making whole songs in single patterns all this time then you should have no trouble getting the hang of it

Yes, that's what i have done always. But actually i don't even know how to move whole event line. Is it even possible? It would be awesome if i don't need to recreate them... Just move them. Did you get it what I mean?

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-10-20 11:36:33 (edited 2014-10-20 11:37:30) Reply

At 10/20/14 10:46 AM, Glyxis wrote: Yes, that's what i have done always. But actually i don't even know how to move whole event line. Is it even possible? It would be awesome if i don't need to recreate them... Just move them. Did you get it what I mean?

I'm pretty sure it's not possible to move your events with a drag/drop feature. However, there is a way to get it somewhere else without recreating it.
Cut the whole event, then go to the spot where you actually want it to start, and from that point select at least the total length of the event, then paste it. If you select less, your event will be cut off (i.e. if you select one bar less, your event will miss the last bar).

Hope that helps.

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Glyxis
Glyxis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-10-20 12:11:15 Reply

At 10/20/14 11:36 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 10/20/14 10:46 AM, Glyxis wrote: Yes, that's what i have done always. But actually i don't even know how to move whole event line. Is it even possible? It would be awesome if i don't need to recreate them... Just move them. Did you get it what I mean?
I'm pretty sure it's not possible to move your events with a drag/drop feature. However, there is a way to get it somewhere else without recreating it.
Cut the whole event, then go to the spot where you actually want it to start, and from that point select at least the total length of the event, then paste it. If you select less, your event will be cut off (i.e. if you select one bar less, your event will miss the last bar).

Hope that helps.

Ah, I got it! This helps A LOT, although I still need to do this to all events, but I thinks that's enough. At least I do not need recreate them. Thank you for help :)

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-10-20 19:52:44 Reply

At 10/20/14 10:46 AM, Glyxis wrote:
At 10/20/14 09:21 AM, midimachine wrote:
Yes, that's what i have done always. But actually i don't even know how to move whole event line. Is it even possible? It would be awesome if i don't need to recreate them... Just move them. Did you get it what I mean?

oh yeah

what i do is make an event at the start of the pattern on some useless knob or fader, select however many bars i need and then copy and paste it into the events on the filter or whatever you automated. it'll put the "blank" event at the start of the pattern and push everything forward as long as you dont have any bars selected when you paste it in. you can then go through and paste this stuff at the front of all your automation

otherwise you can select all the automation, copy it, delete it, make a new selection of x bars from your desired starting point and paste. if you only select say 1 bar out of 16 for instance, then you only get 1 bar of automation when you paste it. like i said, the event window is tricky and hasn't really changed since automation clips were introduced about 10 years ago :v

p.s. i am gay

Sleepycoaster
Sleepycoaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-11-16 01:22:50 Reply

I've been looking everywhere for the answer to this question. It's surprising how hard it is to find the answer to. The question is this: How do you create the drum effects that are on the drum machine playing in the beginning of this song? (Come Home Perry from Phineas and Ferb)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMOdfwLNsSI
I've tried distortion, adding noise, and EQing. I feel like this should be common knowledge given how common these samples seem to be.

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-11-16 03:58:22 Reply

At 11/16/14 01:22 AM, Sleepycoaster wrote: I've been looking everywhere for the answer to this question. It's surprising how hard it is to find the answer to. The question is this: How do you create the drum effects that are on the drum machine playing in the beginning of this song? (Come Home Perry from Phineas and Ferb)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMOdfwLNsSI
I've tried distortion, adding noise, and EQing. I feel like this should be common knowledge given how common these samples seem to be.

start with a more acoustic drum kit/loop rather than a "drum machine" electro sound. you want to be using different combinations of compression and filters, a bit of distortion somewhere is a good idea but not heaps unless you want to sound more crunchy.

here's a one i whipped up quickly (open the .zip in FL), the LFO on the lowpass filter cutoff gives it a bit of movement and makes it sound less static (v. important)

p.s. i am gay

Luxliev
Luxliev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-11-16 15:58:13 Reply

I've got problem when I play my track on my speakers at higher volume. Is it normal? Something like voice cracking but not exactly the same. On my headphones music sounds fine. It doesn't happen with all tracks only some of them.

Daru925
Daru925
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-11-16 17:35:27 Reply

https://www.image-line.com/support/FLHelp/html/img_shot/mixing_clipping.jpg
?

Salut!
I create 3D art here, and you can listen to my music there! Comments/Feedback appreciated.
Merci! :)

Luxliev
Luxliev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-11-16 18:40:53 Reply

Nah not this. I use limiter. As I said problem happens when I make volume higher. Like from 50 to 80 without changing anything in fl studio. And I told already that problem doesn't happen on headphones.

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-11-16 23:55:29 Reply

At 11/16/14 06:40 PM, Luxliev wrote: Nah not this. I use limiter. As I said problem happens when I make volume higher. Like from 50 to 80 without changing anything in fl studio. And I told already that problem doesn't happen on headphones.

do you just plug your cans into a line-in on your compy or are they USB or something?

either your speakers are fucked or the soundcard is fucked or your audio drivers are fucked. make sure it's not just FL, try smashing the volume in audacity or vlc or whatever.

p.s. i am gay

Luxliev
Luxliev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-11-17 02:48:47 Reply

Speakers are built in. Same problem occurs in laptop speakers and monitor speakers dunno why. I uploaded file so you can check if it cracks out on your speakers as well. Should do this first. Here is list with 2 samples.

https://soundcloud.com/luxliev/sets/temp-crap

Luxliev
Luxliev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-11-17 04:04:18 Reply

Couldn't find a way to edit post so I'm adding another one.

I forgot to mention that in fl studio and after exporting file to mp3 or wav it sounds the same everywhere.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-11-17 04:19:59 Reply

At 11/17/14 02:48 AM, Luxliev wrote: Speakers are built in. Same problem occurs in laptop speakers and monitor speakers dunno why. I uploaded file so you can check if it cracks out on your speakers as well. Should do this first. Here is list with 2 samples.

I didn't hear any notable clipping. That's using my headset, I can't test on speakers right now because it's like 2AM and people are sleeping.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Luxliev
Luxliev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-11-17 05:32:10 Reply

Thanks for answer. Yeah on my headphones it also sounds exactly as it should tell me how it sounds on your speakers on higher volumes later. I'm from Europe so it's 10 here :P

Jewelz123
Jewelz123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-11-19 16:17:22 (edited 2014-11-19 16:20:25) Reply

Does anyone know how to automate velocity on single notes?

For example, a violin holds the note C and comes in from quiet to loud but without using the volume controls?

This guy explains the question better:
http://www.futureproducers.com/forums/hardware-software/software/daw-sequencers-samplers-software/automating-note-velocities-fl-studio-10-a-414229/

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-11-19 17:43:13 Reply

At 11/19/14 04:17 PM, Jewelz123 wrote: Does anyone know how to automate velocity on single notes?

For example, a violin holds the note C and comes in from quiet to loud but without using the volume controls?

http://www.futureproducers.com/forums/hardware-software/software/daw-sequencers-samplers-software/automating-note-velocities-fl-studio-10-a-414229/

change the attack time in the envelope for that sound.

if you need one note to have a long attack and the others to be more stabby you can duplicate the channel and change the envelope, then split your score ovwr the two channels

another thing you can try is using a slide note if it's a sampler channel (or any other FL native plugin). you can set the note velocity to 0, put a slide note right on top of it and set the slide velocity to whatever volume and you'll get a fade in. slide notes don't affect notes that are played after them, so you can do tricky stuff like put a slide note in a tiny gap in a strummed chord so one note of the chord fades in or out. fun stuff!

p.s. i am gay

Jewelz123
Jewelz123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-11-20 11:29:16 Reply

At 11/19/14 05:43 PM, midimachine wrote:
At 11/19/14 04:17 PM, Jewelz123 wrote: Does anyone know how to automate velocity on single notes?

change the attack time in the envelope for that sound.

if you need one note to have a long attack and the others to be more stabby you can duplicate the channel and change the envelope, then split your score ovwr the two channels

another thing you can try is using a slide note if it's a sampler channel (or any other FL native plugin). you can set the note velocity to 0, put a slide note right on top of it and set the slide velocity to whatever volume and you'll get a fade in. slide notes don't affect notes that are played after them, so you can do tricky stuff like put a slide note in a tiny gap in a strummed chord so one note of the chord fades in or out. fun stuff!

Thanks for the suggestions! I think the second paragraph will be the best option. Using external vsts (kontakt 5). On some, one can automate the expressions. On others, I'll use multiple ones as you mentioned and do some volume control inbetween.

8-bitheroes
8-bitheroes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-11-20 15:14:04 Reply

Is there a way to colour multiple instrument channels at once?

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-11-20 17:42:05 (edited 2014-11-20 17:42:41) Reply

At 11/20/14 03:14 PM, 8-bitheroes wrote: Is there a way to colour multiple instrument channels at once?

Yes. Select the channels you wish to color (hold Shift and click the button right of the channel, will light up green when selected), go to Channels > Color selected > Gradient. After you pick the color for the first channel it immediatly asks for the color of the second channel and so on. This means it's not exactly 'all at once' but it's still much less obnoxious than clicking 'Rename/color' for every single channel.

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
8-bitheroes
8-bitheroes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-11-21 16:57:56 Reply

Thank you

Luxliev
Luxliev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-11-26 11:55:53 Reply

Can anyone check if samples linked below sound ok on speakers at higher volumes? They sound really bad on mine laptop speakers but there is not a problem on headphones.

Jaxbows
Jaxbows
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-11-27 21:01:37 Reply

At 4/8/05 09:00 PM, Rage wrote: And I, or anyone else who wishes to, will try and answer them.

Do we have a deal?

Ok I've got a question for you: I want to make a melody with an mp3 sample file, but in the piano roll the lower notes automatically have a lower tempo and the higher notes have a higher tempo. I want every note to be played in the same tempo as the standard C5. Do you know how I do that? Thank yo!!!

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-11-27 23:58:56 Reply

At 11/26/14 11:55 AM, Luxliev wrote: Can anyone check if samples linked below sound ok on speakers at higher volumes? They sound really bad on mine laptop speakers but there is not a problem on headphones.

Have you tried increasing the audio quality when you export your mp3? I too hear some mild distortion when playing at high volumes and I think the audio quality could be the cause. When you render your song, slide the fader in the 'MP3/OGG' section to a higher value like 320 kbps, this might solve the problem.

At 11/27/14 09:01 PM, Jaxbows wrote: Ok I've got a question for you: I want to make a melody with an mp3 sample file, but in the piano roll the lower notes automatically have a lower tempo and the higher notes have a higher tempo. I want every note to be played in the same tempo as the standard C5. Do you know how I do that? Thank yo!!!

I don't think there is a way to do that, however I barely pitch my samples so maybe I just don't know about it. What you can do is load a few instances of your sample into separate channels (depending on how much different pitches you need), then play with the pitch knob in the 'Time stretching' section to get your correct pitch for every channel and then play each channel on the C5 when needed.
I.e. if your melody needs the tones D, F and A only, you load 3 channels with your sample and pitch one channel to D, one to F and one to A. The pitch knob in 'Time stretching' doesn't affect tempo so playing a C5 for any of those channels would give you the right sound. This is a really obnoxious way to do it but I don't know any better way.

BBS Signature
Luxliev
Luxliev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-11-29 05:59:04 Reply

At 11/27/14 11:58 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Have you tried increasing the audio quality when you export your mp3? I too hear some mild distortion when playing at high volumes and I think the audio quality could be the cause. When you render your song, slide the fader in the 'MP3/OGG' section to a higher value like 320 kbps, this might solve the problem.

Thanks for answer the problem is audio is already at high (320kbps) quality problem must be in something else. Oh well.

w00tw00
w00tw00
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-11-29 16:08:37 Reply

220 pages of FL questions?
oh my, i wonder how much there would be with a different daw.

i feel like this defeats the purpose of having the image line forum.

/destroy w00tw00's music
/run
/wtf.exe
/don't follow me

SpeirMint
SpeirMint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-11-30 12:44:55 Reply

In FL, fore some reason I can only use 5 slots in the mixer. Is there a reason or solution to this?

Jaxbows
Jaxbows
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-12-01 11:04:20 Reply

At 11/27/14 09:01 PM, Jaxbows wrote: Ok I've got a question for you: I want to make a melody with an mp3 sample file, but in the piano roll the lower notes automatically have a lower tempo and the higher notes have a higher tempo. I want every note to be played in the same tempo as the standard C5. Do you know how I do that? Thank yo!!!
I don't think there is a way to do that, however I barely pitch my samples so maybe I just don't know about it. What you can do is load a few instances of your sample into separate channels (depending on how much different pitches you need), then play with the pitch knob in the 'Time stretching' section to get your correct pitch for every channel and then play each channel on the C5 when needed.
I.e. if your melody needs the tones D, F and A only, you load 3 channels with your sample and pitch one channel to D, one to F and one to A. The pitch knob in 'Time stretching' doesn't affect tempo so playing a C5 for any of those channels would give you the right sound. This is a really obnoxious way to do it but I don't know any better way.

Ok, thanks for the fast reply. I already thought of perhaps doing it the way you explained, but I really want to just fool around on my keyboard with the sample file and being able to play all my 49 keys. Might be indeed just impossible, because maybe it'd be too hard for Fl to render every note in the same tempo. Anyway, here's my first encounter of Fl studio being too limited for what I want to produce. Never thouht that would happen, though ;p

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-12-01 13:55:32 Reply

At 12/1/14 11:04 AM, Jaxbows wrote: Ok, thanks for the fast reply. I already thought of perhaps doing it the way you explained, but I really want to just fool around on my keyboard with the sample file and being able to play all my 49 keys. Might be indeed just impossible, because maybe it'd be too hard for Fl to render every note in the same tempo. Anyway, here's my first encounter of Fl studio being too limited for what I want to produce. Never thouht that would happen, though ;p

FL Studio indeed is one of the few DAWs (if not the only one) that isn't able to do this, yes. If it really is a main concern, you're better off using another DAW.

At 11/30/14 12:44 PM, SpeirMint wrote: In FL, fore some reason I can only use 5 slots in the mixer. Is there a reason or solution to this?

Define 'can only use'. Are you unable to click them, are they not visible, are they inaudible?

BBS Signature
SpeirMint
SpeirMint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-12-01 14:01:30 Reply

Define 'can only use'. Are you unable to click them, are they not visible, are they inaudible?

Well, I can't link any channels to the mixer after the fifth slot. The option is just faded out. Maybe I'm just messing up something when I select the channel?