New Topic Respond to this Topic
midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-10-20 09:21:27 Reply

At 10/20/14 03:43 AM, Glyxis wrote: Hi, quick question: How i can move all, and I mean ALL stuff forward in piano roll, so all filters and everything come along?

unfortunately you'll need to switch to the events window (right click a knob or fader > edit events) to move anything that isn't included in the note data. moving stuff around in the events window can be a bit tricky but if you've been making whole songs in single patterns all this time then you should have no trouble getting the hang of it

p.s. i am gay

Glyxis
Glyxis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-10-20 10:46:38 Reply

At 10/20/14 09:21 AM, midimachine wrote:
At 10/20/14 03:43 AM, Glyxis wrote: Hi, quick question: How i can move all, and I mean ALL stuff forward in piano roll, so all filters and everything come along?
unfortunately you'll need to switch to the events window (right click a knob or fader > edit events) to move anything that isn't included in the note data. moving stuff around in the events window can be a bit tricky but if you've been making whole songs in single patterns all this time then you should have no trouble getting the hang of it

Yes, that's what i have done always. But actually i don't even know how to move whole event line. Is it even possible? It would be awesome if i don't need to recreate them... Just move them. Did you get it what I mean?

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-10-20 11:36:33 (edited 2014-10-20 11:37:30) Reply

At 10/20/14 10:46 AM, Glyxis wrote: Yes, that's what i have done always. But actually i don't even know how to move whole event line. Is it even possible? It would be awesome if i don't need to recreate them... Just move them. Did you get it what I mean?

I'm pretty sure it's not possible to move your events with a drag/drop feature. However, there is a way to get it somewhere else without recreating it.
Cut the whole event, then go to the spot where you actually want it to start, and from that point select at least the total length of the event, then paste it. If you select less, your event will be cut off (i.e. if you select one bar less, your event will miss the last bar).

Hope that helps.

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Glyxis
Glyxis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-10-20 12:11:15 Reply

At 10/20/14 11:36 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 10/20/14 10:46 AM, Glyxis wrote: Yes, that's what i have done always. But actually i don't even know how to move whole event line. Is it even possible? It would be awesome if i don't need to recreate them... Just move them. Did you get it what I mean?
I'm pretty sure it's not possible to move your events with a drag/drop feature. However, there is a way to get it somewhere else without recreating it.
Cut the whole event, then go to the spot where you actually want it to start, and from that point select at least the total length of the event, then paste it. If you select less, your event will be cut off (i.e. if you select one bar less, your event will miss the last bar).

Hope that helps.

Ah, I got it! This helps A LOT, although I still need to do this to all events, but I thinks that's enough. At least I do not need recreate them. Thank you for help :)

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-10-20 19:52:44 Reply

At 10/20/14 10:46 AM, Glyxis wrote:
At 10/20/14 09:21 AM, midimachine wrote:
Yes, that's what i have done always. But actually i don't even know how to move whole event line. Is it even possible? It would be awesome if i don't need to recreate them... Just move them. Did you get it what I mean?

oh yeah

what i do is make an event at the start of the pattern on some useless knob or fader, select however many bars i need and then copy and paste it into the events on the filter or whatever you automated. it'll put the "blank" event at the start of the pattern and push everything forward as long as you dont have any bars selected when you paste it in. you can then go through and paste this stuff at the front of all your automation

otherwise you can select all the automation, copy it, delete it, make a new selection of x bars from your desired starting point and paste. if you only select say 1 bar out of 16 for instance, then you only get 1 bar of automation when you paste it. like i said, the event window is tricky and hasn't really changed since automation clips were introduced about 10 years ago :v

p.s. i am gay