00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nuggetior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

662,387 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

How do I make the Requiem Choir FX Volume slider in Kontakt be kept at max volume? Whenever I start placing notes in the piano roll of the corresponding midi out for that kontakt instrument, the volume slide reset to 0.0 and the overall sample sounds really low, you can barely hear it without maxing that volume slider. Like I have no idea how to fix this. This happens for all File Type NKI loaded instruments, instead of them being Library Found through that button at the top left of Kontakt.

HIG RES Version - http://i.imgur.com/XPzVvGG.png

Maybe @Step or @PeterSatera or @dem0lecule will be able to help me. :P

BBS Signature

@Grandvision : Try this, in Kontakt, go to Instrument Options>Controller> Untick Accept standard controllers for Volume and Pan
Otherwise it will reset to its default value (0 or -6db)
You have to do this every time you create an instrument (i guess)

Hope this helps.

Salut!

I create 3D art here, and you can listen to my album there! Comments/Feedback appreciated.

Merci!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2015-10-15 09:21:48

At 10/13/15 03:01 PM, Daru925 wrote: @Grandvision : Try this, in Kontakt, go to Instrument Options>Controller> Untick Accept standard controllers for Volume and Pan
Otherwise it will reset to its default value (0 or -6db)
You have to do this every time you create an instrument (i guess)

Hope this helps.

Thanks but all it does is reset it to mute, and now it goes back to mute whenever I play those samples in the piano roll.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2015-11-10 08:27:38

At 7/14/05 04:03 PM, Whirlguy wrote:
At 7/14/05 03:42 PM, HidraolicCat wrote: When I playing with the keyboard so when its recording, its recording very bad
and some of the sounds too short or long, and before im recording so all the sounds are fine.

Why?
because the sync is a bit later:(

Hi guys , i m looking how to stop 3xosc playing non stop harmonic in play liste after reading midi note , still playing alon .
THINKS!

In harmor there is a preset called "cubist"

in this preset what makes it so that when you play more than one key, it stays as an arp?

the arpegiator isnt turned on, monophonic isnt enabled, legato isnt enabled

as far as I can tell if you pressed 2 or more notes simultaneously, they should both play rather that going into arp mode

The worth of a man can be measured by the length of his reverb, and the girth of his waveform

Thees waveforme iz veri dangerous. Ve must deal vit it. squash

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2015-11-12 00:16:58

Hey gang.

Having trouble adding the free Kontakt Player into FL Studio 12. Made the jump from 10 to 12 and I think I missed some stuff. Any advice or a YouTube tutorial, anything?

Thanks!

Never stop creating.

Discord

Links

BBS Signature

At 11/10/15 11:40 AM, Rennh wrote: In harmor there is a preset called "cubist"

in this preset what makes it so that when you play more than one key, it stays as an arp?

the arpegiator isnt turned on, monophonic isnt enabled, legato isnt enabled

as far as I can tell if you pressed 2 or more notes simultaneously, they should both play rather that going into arp mode

Check the volume envelopes. In sytrus and recent synths, the arpegiator is meant to be triggered by volume envelopes.
It is similar to a MSEG, if you look closely, you can see some up/down arrows at some envelope points.
They are called arpegiator breaks, up arrow tells the arp to trigger the next upper note in a chord (down for the next lower, and same play the current note again)
if there is no upper note, it goes back playing the root of the chord.
You can create customized pattern easily.

Cubist preset is special though, there are arps on the volume envelope but also pitch modulation.

https://www.image-line.com/support/FLHelp/html/plugins/Sytrus_arp.htm

@frootza what is the problem? (i dont use fl 12, but i use kontakt player)

Salut!

I create 3D art here, and you can listen to my album there! Comments/Feedback appreciated.

Merci!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2015-11-12 08:59:45

Hey guys, im doing a collab and i want to know how can i send the flp so that my settings (volume levels, fl native plug ins used in the mixer etc) will be as i set them? So that when the other person gets the flp , all my settings will remembered.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2015-11-12 09:23:11

At 11/12/15 08:59 AM, 8-bitheroes wrote: Hey guys, im doing a collab and i want to know how can i send the flp so that my settings (volume levels, fl native plug ins used in the mixer etc) will be as i set them? So that when the other person gets the flp , all my settings will remembered.

step 1) save your flp file

step 2) send your flp file

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2015-11-12 10:05:33

step 1) save your flp file

step 2) send your flp file

Thanks

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2015-11-12 12:05:36

At 11/12/15 12:56 AM, Daru925 wrote:
Check the volume envelopes. In sytrus and recent synths, the arpegiator is meant to be triggered by volume envelopes.

Cool, thanks. Never heard about those.

The worth of a man can be measured by the length of his reverb, and the girth of his waveform

Thees waveforme iz veri dangerous. Ve must deal vit it. squash

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2015-12-08 21:12:33

Umm, I don't know if this is out of the limits of FL Studio, but I want to know, is there way to save my song as like looping game music?

I'm currently interested making RPG themed music, like background music for towns and stuff like that. I have used Audacity and WinVorbis to create loop points, but it's just AWFUL! It's never gonna sound great like that. So I was thinking that is FL Studio capable of making infinite loop points?
I actually have PERFECT loop when I listen it in FL Studio with loop (red selection) on, but If I use those exact times (loop start and loop end) in Audacity, it's horrible.

Or if someone does know better ways (programs) to create infinite loops for audio, all advices are welcome. (Sorry if this went little bit offtopic)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2015-12-08 21:54:27

At 12/8/15 09:12 PM, Glyxis wrote: I'm currently interested making RPG themed music, like background music for towns and stuff like that. I have used Audacity and WinVorbis to create loop points, but it's just AWFUL! It's never gonna sound great like that. So I was thinking that is FL Studio capable of making infinite loop points?

add two time markers (alt+T in playlist) and place them at the start and end of where you selected on the playlist. then you can export as a wav file with perfectly placed markers which you can edit the properties of in audacity or edison or whatever.

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2015-12-08 22:09:11

Is there a way to change a project's time signature multiple times? For instance, can I start with 4/4 and then change the piano roll to 3/3?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2015-12-08 23:47:23

Ok,

I have been trying to use automation on my different plugins like love filter ect... I have the problem when I go to edit or adjust the increase or decrease of the effect on an instrument or to the whole project. It only lets me have the option of mute/solo but not a clip source setting to gradually bring effects in, or have them go out.

Is there a link or some answer to what I can do for this or is it a lack of equipment needed to be able to switch that setting to an alternant midi or controller?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2015-12-09 20:26:02

At 12/8/15 09:54 PM, midimachine wrote:
At 12/8/15 09:12 PM, Glyxis wrote: I'm currently interested making RPG themed music, like background music for towns and stuff like that. I have used Audacity and WinVorbis to create loop points, but it's just AWFUL! It's never gonna sound great like that. So I was thinking that is FL Studio capable of making infinite loop points?
add two time markers (alt+T in playlist) and place them at the start and end of where you selected on the playlist. then you can export as a wav file with perfectly placed markers which you can edit the properties of in audacity or edison or whatever.

Oh, how I've missed that tutorial? I know that community and I use it also. But yeah, that's basically what i'm doing now, expect I didn't know I can use those loopcommands in audacity itself. Still.. Perfectly placed looppoints and it really does not sound same as in FL Studio.. I don't know why.. Maybe I just need better audio editing program.. Audacity is actually really shitty...

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2015-12-12 13:45:41

At 12/8/15 09:12 PM, Glyxis wrote: Umm, I don't know if this is out of the limits of FL Studio, but I want to know, is there way to save my song as like looping game music?

That's an easy one. It is a simple option in FL Studio when you go to "save" your project.

Some video games still use oggvorbis, '.OGG' file for video game music. And some use MP#. But nonetheless there is a simple and easy option to tick in the same window when you are about to export your file into an audio file.

The options you may want to tick are: "Save Acidized" and another setting where it says "leave remainder" there are two other options which are "Wrap Remainder" and "Cut Remainder"

++++++++++++++++++++++

Wrap Remainder starts your song with the end 'bleeding' into the beginning of the track. Example can be heard on one of my old tracks from a long time ago.

As soon as you hit the play button you will notice something at the beginning that seems like it is ending a part.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Cut remainder:

You have to be smart about this one. Either use silence, or use a certain part of a song to hide the cut in the music. Here is an example of how to accomplish that:

Notice how as soon as you hit the play button it just starts playing? Skip to the end of the song. You will notice that it is a true 4 bar progression instead of a 2 bar intro. Hard to tell.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Cut remainder with silence.

Of course if you are very good at what you do, you can use silence. But it has to be perfect. Don't mess up the attitude of your song if you go the silence method but here is a good example of using the silence method if you want to learn from it.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

You really don't have to do anything else in FL Studio except knowing what to use as your loop point. You generally want to keep your Reverb, and your tails off at looping sections. And sometimes that means where the song originally starts as you remember it, and where everyone else will remember it starting could be two different places.

And changing around your project in FL Studio to select a proper looping point is very simple. There are three different ways to accomplish it. One of which is halving the song at the loop point and making it the beginning, and then pasting the rest of the song behind it so that the loop start has perfect silence.

You can save the file as a complete project, then load it up in edison editor and chop it like a ninja in a certain spot and then move and mend the song together. (I don't recommend this method but it can be done.)

Or you can simply copy the entire project and put it into the time line, and then highlighting the entire song you think is at a great loop point and hitting that "save as" button and save it as a music project. But make sure that "Highlighted section" is selected in the rendering options.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2015-12-12 14:33:43

At 12/8/15 11:47 PM, JahmalKeyz wrote: Ok,

I'm not really sure if this is what you mean, but you can automate these knobs to bring effects in gradually.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

At 12/12/15 02:33 PM, Oakwood wrote:
At 12/8/15 11:47 PM, JahmalKeyz wrote: Ok,
I'm not really sure if this is what you mean, but you can automate these knobs to bring effects in gradually.

Yes you can via manual edit.

What you need to do is go to a new pattern (Look in the pattern box in the top.) and rename it to "FX Channel * (What ever the FX channel is) and then name it "X automation" (X being the name of the plugin you are editing.

Then go back to that FX plugin and right click it. Then hit "Edit events"

It will bring up a new box. HIT CTRL + I FIRST SO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH 100% LOOKS LIKE.

In that same box where the new grey/green/multi different color just showed up after hitting CTRL I (Means insert current state into pattern box.) all you have to do is edit the percentage over the course of time.

Look at the top of that box and you will notice the 1 2 3 4 (or just one if it is zoomed all the way in.) All you have to do to quickly make a fade in is right click from the start or end point and then bring it up, or down to the appropriate level. Just like a step sequencer only for a volume fader or effect fade in.

When you enter the pattern into the play list it should look like this.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2015-12-12 21:59:54

This is what to look for when you right click it.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2015-12-13 21:56:15

At 4/8/05 09:00 PM, Rage wrote: And I, or anyone else who wishes to, will try and answer them.

Do we have a deal?

What are good substitutes in Fl for Massive and Serum? I don't have $200 just laying around...

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2015-12-13 22:09:36

At 12/13/15 09:56 PM, JAXXN wrote: What are good substitutes in Fl for Massive and Serum? I don't have $200 just laying around...

depends on the kinds of sounds you want to make with these synths. for producer edition you have wasp xt, dx10, gms, minisynth & 3xosc. with those you have a lot of the basics covered, and you can get a lot of the complex "dubstep" sounds out of the granulizer. if you have the XXL version of FL then you also have access to sytrus and harmor/harmless, as well as vocodex which is used for a lot of complex edm bass sounds.

it all depends on what you want out of those synths, really

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2015-12-13 23:24:24

At 12/13/15 10:09 PM, midimachine wrote:
At 12/13/15 09:56 PM, JAXXN wrote: What are good substitutes in Fl for Massive and Serum? I don't have $200 just laying around...
depends on the kinds of sounds you want to make with these synths. for producer edition you have wasp xt, dx10, gms, minisynth & 3xosc. with those you have a lot of the basics covered, and you can get a lot of the complex "dubstep" sounds out of the granulizer. if you have the XXL version of FL then you also have access to sytrus and harmor/harmless, as well as vocodex which is used for a lot of complex edm bass sounds.

it all depends on what you want out of those synths, really

Exactly. Every time I see a new synthesizer come out I only see a bunch of 3xOsc's going through a bunch of different effect filters. You are spending two or three hundred dollars on a "shortcut" program.

Deadmau5 uses Sytrus a lot. In FL Studio Producer edition you get Harmless and Sytrus along with Vocodex. The only other thing I find worth my money is the SAWER. All of these new synthesizer plugins for computers are really nothing more than a way to sucker you out of your money.

One of these days I am going to create a website for all of my projects with the FLP files and tutorials on how to properly use the tools to make music with either automation, or analogue physical synthesizer adaptations for you to use.

When it comes to Serum? hah. Don't make me laugh. It looks awesome. It is visually stunning, but so is a "companion" in an expensive club. They look awesome on the outside and seem smart, but they are nothing more than beauty.

At 12/13/15 11:24 PM, guilmonx wrote: Deadmau5 uses Sytrus a lot. In FL Studio Producer edition you get Harmless and Sytrus along with Vocodex.

oh cool, you do get sytrus and vocodex in producer edition now! i need to re-dl my regkey i guess? you still need signature or all-plugins/XXL bundle for harmless tho. no biggie.

Every time I see a new synthesizer come out I only see a bunch of 3xOsc's going through a bunch of different effect filters. You are spending two or three hundred dollars on a "shortcut" program.

but nah it's not really like that. 3xosc is a very versatile subtractive synth but it tends to sound very brittle due to the sample-based oscillators. also the real-time playback is very badly aliased and isn't that much better when rendered. it's a good plugin, but it's a jack of all trades. not to mention all the additive, wavetable, FM/PM etc. synths which are absolutely nothing like 3xosc.

p.s. i am gay

Sytrus has more than enough to produce the same sounds as harmless or serum. I really don't see serum or anything else really worth it myself. Only because I have been so profound at using patched or simple effect filters to achieve certain sounds. And I recently got very good at using the parametric equalizers to really fine tune the sound of it when it comes out aliased.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2016-01-04 23:30:16

Hello everyone again!

I have another question I could use some help with. I'm trying to recreate a sound. It's slightly in the background in the beginning here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q7tuOIiMng
going
E.-.-.-.C#.-G#-.F#.-.E.-.-.C#.-G#-.B.

It must be a pretty common one, because I remember it playing as a jingle for a battery commercial several years ago. Also, it's here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC9wuZ1rDmw

at :15.

It sounds like it should be simple to recreate, but sines, triangles, and squares don't seem to add up to it, even if I run the waveforms through reverb (just decay) and bitcrusher (~5x downsampling).

Has anyone here recreated it before?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2016-01-05 00:11:09

At 1/4/16 11:30 PM, Sleepycoaster wrote:

Gimme a bit and I'll try to come up with something!

Click for the free download of Riptide and more!

BBS Signature

At 1/4/16 11:30 PM, Sleepycoaster wrote:

https://soundcloud.com/maezo/melodything/s-pRobz

This is the closest I could get!

Could use more distortion or bitcrushing and I'm sure if I spent more time on it I could have kept the processing within Serum but I wanted to get you the general idea.

What I Used:
XFer Records Serum - Glass Lid Noise 4 (no waveshapes, i.e: sine, triangle, saw) - Dimension Expander, Distortion, Compressor, Reverb
Image-Line Fruity Fast Dist
FabFilter Pro-Q 2
ValhallaVintageVerb
FabFilter Pro-C

Click for the free download of Riptide and more!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2016-01-06 09:46:31

At 11/12/15 08:59 AM, 8-bitheroes wrote: Hey guys, im doing a collab and i want to know how can i send the flp so that my settings (volume levels, fl native plug ins used in the mixer etc) will be as i set them? So that when the other person gets the flp , all my settings will remembered.

Export your project as a zip. It'll open fine in FL and will include all the samples.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2016-01-06 12:45:07

FL crashing 24/7 after opening a Project

I have opened a project with seperate audio files and it used to crash while loading (fixed it with the 64-Bit Version) and now it's ****ing crashing when I press play!?

Any Ideas?