New Topic Respond to this Topic
8-bitheroes
8-bitheroes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-04-23 10:51:26 Reply

Yo yo, I was wondering when using edison in fl is there a way to take say a sample of percussive hits and have edison automatically detect and mark the transients so i can save them individually? instead of me manually going in and cutting out each one.

Check out my EP ''Joystick Junkie''

BBS Signature
Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-04-23 12:56:26 Reply

At 4/23/14 10:51 AM, 8-bitheroes wrote: Yo yo, I was wondering when using edison in fl is there a way to take say a sample of percussive hits and have edison automatically detect and mark the transients so i can save them individually? instead of me manually going in and cutting out each one.

I don't know if that's possible but you can place markers, maybe that can get you anywhere...

[Hidden Audio Gems]
SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook
PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!
Latest track: Clouds (Oakwood RMX)!

BBS Signature
KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-04-23 15:13:06 Reply

At 4/22/14 10:39 PM, ksthultz15 wrote:
At 4/14/14 08:26 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: Can FL Studio run on Linux?
I run FL Studio 10.0.0 on Linux Ubuntu 13.10. I cannot use FL Studio 11 because the GUI does not load and none of the text in the boxes show up.

You need an extra font package/module for Wine in order to run FL 11 on it. I somehow figured out it on Arch. Actually, I think sometime people need a few modules, if you are using Wine 1.4. Shoot me a PM about your problem and I'll try to solve it.

Other than that, FLS 10 works just fine. my only complaint is that I cannot use the ASIO drivers and I sometimes have to limit my production level.

True. This is quite suck. I was planning to make a petition for Tux users to ask Image-Line support Linux version.

OZeros
OZeros
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-04 11:58:02 Reply

Hello every one. I'm wondering what the best VSTi that work correctly on FL 11 with out any problam and what the Best VSTi for trance genre?

Daru925
Daru925
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-04 15:00:39 Reply

Massive

Salut!
I create 3D art here, and you can listen to my album there! Comments/Feedback appreciated.
Merci! :)

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-16 12:28:27 Reply

Quick question, and I know I've asked something similar before but I just wanna double-check.

When getting FL 11, is the product key the same as 10, or must it be updated? Because if it has to be, I'm stuck... For some reason I can't access Image-Line's forums even when logged in and I know they have a thread for queries of this nature.

That, and no .exe files for FL 10 exist when I try to look for them.

I've had PC troubles recently and I've got the key for FL 10, but I can't reinstall it without the relevant .exe file.

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-16 21:57:08 Reply

no harm trying your old reg key, if it doesn't work then it's probably time to start emailing IL support or something :v

p.s. i am gay

TaintedLogic
TaintedLogic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-17 11:26:30 Reply

What's up, NGAC? So, I recently tried to download this sample from www.mediafire.com, but I'm not sure how to find the actual instruments in FL Studio. I tried using YouTube tutorials, but they all seemed to be about plug-ins rather than samples downloaded from the Internet. I already put the sample into a folder in FL Studio, but when I opened it in the Step Sequencer it came up under the name "Sampler" and there was no sound. DX Do you know what's going on? Please help!

"Knowledge is freedom; guilt is knowledge; freedom is guilt." --- "I hate logic; it must die." --- Formerly "TheDoor6"

BBS Signature
Sundans
Sundans
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-18 05:16:16 Reply

At 5/17/14 11:26 AM, TheDoor6 wrote: What's up, NGAC? So, I recently tried to download this sample from www.mediafire.com, but I'm not sure how to find the actual instruments in FL Studio. I tried using YouTube tutorials, but they all seemed to be about plug-ins rather than samples downloaded from the Internet. I already put the sample into a folder in FL Studio, but when I opened it in the Step Sequencer it came up under the name "Sampler" and there was no sound. DX Do you know what's going on? Please help!

The specific codec that the sample is encoded in is not supported by the FL engine. Try converting it to the same or similar sound file type with an industry-standard codec.

[✖] Play a live show. | [✖] Sell music.
[✔] Sound design for games. | [✔] Produce an OST for film. | [✔] Get creepy fans. | [✔] Get awesome fans.
Moving up the ladder.

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-18 11:05:32 Reply

At 5/17/14 11:26 AM, TheDoor6 wrote: What's up, NGAC? So, I recently tried to download this sample from www.mediafire.com,

That file name looks familiar. Is the file extension .sfz (or .sf2) by any chance?

TaintedLogic
TaintedLogic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-18 19:22:44 Reply

At 5/18/14 05:16 AM, Sundans wrote:
The specific codec that the sample is encoded in is not supported by the FL engine. Try converting it to the same or similar sound file type with an industry-standard codec.

@Yoshiii343 @Sundans Thanks so much for being so willing to help, guys! I'll try converting it to a compatible file type. ;)

"Knowledge is freedom; guilt is knowledge; freedom is guilt." --- "I hate logic; it must die." --- Formerly "TheDoor6"

BBS Signature
midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-18 21:14:52 Reply

At 5/18/14 07:22 PM, TheDoor6 wrote:
At 5/18/14 05:16 AM, Sundans wrote:
@Yoshiii343 @Sundans Thanks so much for being so willing to help, guys! I'll try converting it to a compatible file type. ;)

just use fruity soundfont player to open it, or a free VST player like sforzando if you dont have XXL edition

p.s. i am gay

ksthultz15
ksthultz15
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-20 18:29:38 Reply

I only have an i5 processor and now my music is getting a lot better. I need to know every tip there is to save CPU. I already froze all my tracks to WAV samples. Turned off the mixer inserts on those instruments, as well as the instruments themselves. My latency is at 186ms. I cant use ASIO cause I'm using Linux Ubuntu. Any other tips guys?

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-21 00:28:56 Reply

At 5/20/14 06:29 PM, ksthultz15 wrote: cant use ASIO cause I'm using Linux Ubuntu. Any other tips guys?

if you're running FL via wine you can use wineasio and JACK to get ASIO working

actually you might not even need wineasio, but you will definitely need JACK

p.s. i am gay

ksthultz15
ksthultz15
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-21 09:50:00 Reply

At 5/21/14 12:28 AM, midimachine wrote:
At 5/20/14 06:29 PM, ksthultz15 wrote: cant use ASIO cause I'm using Linux Ubuntu. Any other tips guys?
if you're running FL via wine you can use wineasio and JACK to get ASIO working

actually you might not even need wineasio, but you will definitely need JACK

I tried installing wineasio, but nothing worked. Im such a beginner when it comes to LInux. I looked on the ubuntu forums and I couldnt find anything that worked. And then for jack, Im pretty sure i have it installed, but it doesnt work.

ksthultz15
ksthultz15
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-21 11:43:06 Reply

Update: Wineasio installed. It shows up in FL Studio's sound settings. Then QJackCtl installed. I started QJackCtl and set my driver to my hw:PCH which is my default. But then when I selected Wineasio in FL Studio. It crashes, and I have to reset FL Studio's settings.

Please, someone help me lol.

8-bitheroes
8-bitheroes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-21 13:42:36 Reply

How does one add real stereo width and depth to mixes in fl? I find just panning sounds doesn't cut it. I use reverb and unison on synths etc but I'm after more, especially on basses . I was Wondering if the fl stereo shaper or stereo enhancer might be the key? Only I'm not familiar with using them, would it be something I can stick ony bass buss?

BBS Signature
ksthultz15
ksthultz15
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-21 13:53:32 Reply

At 5/21/14 01:42 PM, 8-bitheroes wrote: How does one add real stereo width and depth to mixes in fl? I find just panning sounds doesn't cut it. I use reverb and unison on synths etc but I'm after more, especially on basses . I was Wondering if the fl stereo shaper or stereo enhancer might be the key? Only I'm not familiar with using them, would it be something I can stick ony bass buss?

Depending on the layout of your mixer, usually the right side, is where your plugins go. You'll see a knob that says Stereo Width when you turn it.

Turn to the left and it seperates and widens stereo. Turn to the right and it merges it to mono. I might have a width of about 10-15%. But its really to your own taste.

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

Daru925
Daru925
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-21 14:32:56 Reply

Stereo shaper combined with sidechaining is pretty effective, and in the help files, a lot of useful techniques are explained.
I use the mid/side processing a lot, to add depth and space while keeping definition.

Salut!
I create 3D art here, and you can listen to my album there! Comments/Feedback appreciated.

BBS Signature
8-bitheroes
8-bitheroes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-21 14:37:57 Reply

Turn to the left and it seperates and widens stereo. Turn to the right and it merges it to mono. I might have a width of about 10-15%. But its really to your own taste.

Thanks for response, do you use it on your master buss or in individual tracks? Or both etc.

BBS Signature
Daru925
Daru925
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-21 14:38:08 Reply

Also (sry double post), when I use maximus on the master channel, i tend to make the bass parts mono, the mids stay centered or with little stereo, and the highs are not compressed, instead i widen the stereo field alot.

Salut!

BBS Signature
8-bitheroes
8-bitheroes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-21 14:49:18 Reply

At 5/21/14 02:38 PM, Daru925 wrote: Also y double post), when I use maximus on the master channel, i tend to make the bass parts mono, the mids stay centered or with little stereo, and the highs are not compressed, instead i widen the stereo field alot.

Hey, that's what I do sometimes, I try to keep low mono and spread the others, not sure its achieving the fullness I'm after though. Although I am mixing in headfones mostly.

BBS Signature
TaintedLogic
TaintedLogic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-25 11:36:06 Reply

Hi everyone,
So, I've bought Fruity Soundfont Player per the advice of @MidiMachine. I saved the "FLregkey" thing to a folder and put the folder as my "VST plug-ins extra search folder" in the file settings, but I still can only use the demo version of FL Soundfont Player. Help, please (and thank you in advance)! ;(

BBS Signature
midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-25 20:56:58 Reply

At 5/25/14 11:36 AM, TheDoor6 wrote: I saved the "FLregkey" thing to a folder and put the folder as my "VST plug-ins extra search folder" in the file settings, but I still can only use the demo version of FL Soundfont Player. Help, please (and thank you in advance)! ;(

did you open and run the FLRegkey.reg file? it doesn't matter where it is on your computer, you just need to run it to add the info to your computer's registry to unlock the plugin.

p.s. i am gay

TaintedLogic
TaintedLogic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-25 23:41:47 Reply

At 5/25/14 08:56 PM, midimachine wrote:
At 5/25/14 11:36 AM, TheDoor6 wrote: I saved the "FLregkey" thing to a folder and put the folder as my "VST plug-ins extra search folder" in the file settings, but I still can only use the demo version of FL Soundfont Player. Help, please (and thank you in advance)! ;(
did you open and run the FLRegkey.reg file? it doesn't matter where it is on your computer, you just need to run it to add the info to your computer's registry to unlock the plugin.

Ya, I was positive I did...it just still showed up as the demo version in my project...I even refreshed the page and tried re-opening the tab. :/ Thanks for being so willing to help again, though! ^^

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-06-05 00:16:23 Reply

At 6/4/14 10:29 PM, Cabbster wrote: I'm constantly unsure what sidechaining is used for.

Is it simply to keep all synthesizers going to the rhythm of drums, and vice versa, through linking volume parameters to peak controllers, or to simply have easier control of automation on various parameters?

What is the purpose of this, just for effect, or for overall mixing/mastering?

There's a lot of reasons for sidechaining in whatever form it comes. In practical mixing terms, its used to help keep conflicting things like kick and bass from overlapping as much, generally dipping out the bass at the exact time the kick hits automatically. In this same fashion its used for an effect, a swaying type of sound generally. With 4 to the floor its not very hard to just automate whatever parameter, but with more complex beats this gives you the freedom to rearrange without redoing automations.

Also, using it subtle lets instruments or voices stand out amongst background. A more extreme example of this is when radio producers speak over music or whatever in the background. Everything is ducked out for their voice so they dont have to manually adjust all volume all the time.

So I guess in laymans terms, yes it makes automations easier by making them automatic, but there are definitely cases where it would be next to impossible to do what a sidechain does as well as it does with just hand drawn or moved variables.

Daru925
Daru925
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-06-10 13:53:23 Reply

Hello!
I'm reading some articles about mixing in mono and i'd like to give it a try.
Now i'm not sure how to set it properly in FL.

Once i turn the stereo knob to the right on the master channel, do i have to pan to one speaker or keep everything centered?
It might seem a strange question to you, but to me, mono signal through stereo speakers seems strange as well :)
I'm confused, help, tasukete, au s'cours etc! :D

Salut!

BBS Signature
Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-06-12 12:58:09 Reply

At 6/10/14 01:53 PM, Daru925 wrote: Hello!
I'm reading some articles about mixing in mono and i'd like to give it a try.
Now i'm not sure how to set it properly in FL.

Once i turn the stereo knob to the right on the master channel, do i have to pan to one speaker or keep everything centered?
It might seem a strange question to you, but to me, mono signal through stereo speakers seems strange as well :)
I'm confused, help, tasukete, au s'cours etc! :D

Keep the panning centered. I don't know how mono works in detail but after turning the master to mono, panning it left or right wouldn't do anything other than just...panning.

[Hidden Audio Gems]
SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook
PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!
Latest track: Clouds (Oakwood RMX)!

BBS Signature
8-bitheroes
8-bitheroes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-06-17 15:40:07 Reply

This is a fl question that involves kontakt. So say I have a couple of different instruments loaded in kontakt that are going to desperate midi out channels in fl, how do I assign those individual midi outs to fls mixer? The usual assign to mixer option ain't there.

BBS Signature
Daru925
Daru925
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-06-17 18:27:09 Reply

At 6/17/14 03:40 PM, 8-bitheroes wrote: This is a fl question that involves kontakt. So say I have a couple of different instruments loaded in kontakt that are going to desperate midi out channels in fl, how do I assign those individual midi outs to fls mixer? The usual assign to mixer option ain't there.

Hello!

Each color in the piano roll corresponds to a midi channel.

But a cleaner method is explained here:

http://www.native-instruments.com/fr/support/knowledge-base/show/962/how-can-i-insert-native-instruments-plug-ins-in-fl-studio/

Also you will probably want to be able to add separate effects for each instruments:
http://www.native-instruments.com/fr/support/knowledge-base/show/997/how-to-route-kontakt-5-to-multiple-outputs-in-fl-studio/

Hope this helps

On a side note, i didn't notice that someone replied to my question ahah
LiquidOoze, thanks for the input, i've been searching further about mono and as always there is no definite answer^^
Some people argue that having mono sound through 2 speakers creates a "phantom image" (pretty scary heh), and they like to listen and adjust their mix on one speaker only...
I've tried both methods and the latter worked better for me :)

Salut!

BBS Signature