Glyxis
Glyxis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-24 16:36:50 Reply

At 2/24/14 07:04 AM, Daru925 wrote:
At 2/24/14 04:19 AM, Glyxis wrote: Alright, i think i figured it out myself. I opened MIDI settings and reset the output setting. I also noticed that the key "get's stuck" when i'm pressing the key and opening same time some drop out box, like that small arrow in upper left corner, plugin options. Every time i must go reset the MIDI output setting so it didn't get stuck again o.o It's kind of annoying.
When you use a third party vst, you can click the wheel icon (next to the downarrow icon), and enable "Don't allow keyboard focus".
Unfortunately i haven't seen this option for native plugins.

Yeah, there's no that icon. On 9 version it does, but now i'm using new 11 version and there's no wrapping settings. Is there somewhere else setting which can prevent this?

HiTom
HiTom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-25 11:14:33 Reply

Hey guys, im looking for an answer how can i reduce the time of a channels fade out time? Its because i try to use violin ensemble, but when i say press W then i get the sound of a violin and when i release W a loooong echo is following, where is the option to reduce that time?

Glyxis
Glyxis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-25 12:31:48 Reply

At 2/25/14 11:14 AM, HiTom wrote: Hey guys, im looking for an answer how can i reduce the time of a channels fade out time? Its because i try to use violin ensemble, but when i say press W then i get the sound of a violin and when i release W a loooong echo is following, where is the option to reduce that time?

It depends what plugin you are using. Like sytrus, poizone etc. The echo means usually delay or reverb. Search those settings and lower the echo time.

HiTom
HiTom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-25 12:59:09 Reply

At 2/25/14 12:31 PM, Glyxis wrote:
At 2/25/14 11:14 AM, HiTom wrote: Hey guys, im looking for an answer how can i reduce the time of a channels fade out time? Its because i try to use violin ensemble, but when i say press W then i get the sound of a violin and when i release W a loooong echo is following, where is the option to reduce that time?
It depends what plugin you are using. Like sytrus, poizone etc. The echo means usually delay or reverb. Search those settings and lower the echo time.

thank you for your reply, i use sytrus but ive searched all the settings in the plugin and in misc and function too ive changed every single thing to see which changes that echo delay but none of them does that ...

Glyxis
Glyxis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-25 13:30:20 Reply

At 2/25/14 11:14 AM, HiTom wrote:

thank you for your reply, i use sytrus but ive searched all the settings in the plugin and in misc and function too ive changed every single thing to see which changes that echo delay but none of them does that ...

Ok. I haven't used sytrus a lot myself, but there is a panel where is a lot of knobs. And at the right side of the panel, there's "out" operators which affects the echo etc. Adjust these knobs.
If it won't help, i can't help anymore. I haven't use other sytrus filters and FX settings.

Ps. Are you using any effects that can affect the echo? Like Fruity delay 2, fruity delay or fruity reverb?

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-28 22:54:48 Reply

So I'm practicing in FL Studio so I can get more used to making some sounds. Recently made some dubstep basses I liked. Set them down into the song area, I like it but how exactly do I get the bar underneath that let's me adjust the speed of the synth being used?

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
Witch
Witch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-28 23:54:56 Reply

At 2/28/14 10:54 PM, SCTE3 wrote: So I'm practicing in FL Studio so I can get more used to making some sounds. Recently made some dubstep basses I liked. Set them down into the song area, I like it but how exactly do I get the bar underneath that let's me adjust the speed of the synth being used?

What exactly do you mean by "speed of the synth"? If you're referring to the duration of individual notes, all of that is done in the piano roll and step sequencer. Or maybe you're talking about modulation?

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-03-01 00:04:06 Reply

At 2/28/14 11:54 PM, ClockworkSpace wrote: What exactly do you mean by "speed of the synth"? If you're referring to the duration of individual notes, all of that is done in the piano roll and step sequencer. Or maybe you're talking about modulation?

LFO speed envelope, still not sure how to get it to appear.

BBS Signature
Witch
Witch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-03-01 00:15:06 Reply

At 3/1/14 12:04 AM, SCTE3 wrote: LFO speed envelope, still not sure how to get it to appear.

Well, there are basically two ways of approaching that. You can do it in the step sequencer, so that it loops, or you can do it in the song view (which I'm guessing is the way you need to use). Right-click the parameter you want, then "Create automation clip". Go to the playlist and it should be there, with an envelope you can mess around with.

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-03-01 08:03:04 Reply

At 3/1/14 12:15 AM, ClockworkSpace wrote: Well, there are basically two ways of approaching that. You can do it in the step sequencer, so that it loops, or you can do it in the song view (which I'm guessing is the way you need to use). Right-click the parameter you want, then "Create automation clip". Go to the playlist and it should be there, with an envelope you can mess around with.

So that's how it's done? Was watching a couple of tutorials, I guess they completely skipped showing that that needs to be right clicked. Thanks a bunch.

BBS Signature
Witch
Witch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-03-01 09:24:14 Reply

At 3/1/14 08:03 AM, SCTE3 wrote: So that's how it's done? Was watching a couple of tutorials, I guess they completely skipped showing that that needs to be right clicked. Thanks a bunch.

Yep that's it. Glad I could help. Also, if you're using a non-FL synth where the knob is not possible to right-click, you can click the arrow at the top left of the window and select "Browse parameters". This will allow you to scroll through every setting manually and right-click it from there.

BBS Signature
Daru925
Daru925
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-03-01 20:47:44 Reply

Or turn the knob once, then go to Tools>Last Tweaked>Turn into automation clip.

Salut! I create 3D art here, and you can listen to my music there! Comments/Feedback appreciated. Merci! :)

8-bitheroes
8-bitheroes
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-03-12 07:11:04 Reply

Ah hey guys,
I got a massive problem with fl at the moment. When i want to export a project as wav or mp3 as i start the process it just stays at 0% and doesn't progress and ends up going into the not responding phase. I'm not sure if this is a problem with my computer, fl, or what. I have tried restarting and i have tried turning it off and on again lol The only thing is i recently updated to windows 8.1, so don't know if that could be effecting it. Never had any problems before update but this is the first time i have tried to export post-update.

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-03-13 06:25:25 Reply

At 3/12/14 07:11 AM, 8-bitheroes wrote: Ah hey guys,
I got a massive problem with fl at the moment. When i want to export a project as wav or mp3 as i start the process it just stays at 0% and doesn't progress and ends up going into the not responding phase. I'm not sure if this is a problem with my computer, fl, or what. I have tried restarting and i have tried turning it off and on again lol The only thing is i recently updated to windows 8.1, so don't know if that could be effecting it. Never had any problems before update but this is the first time i have tried to export post-update.

Hmm, this is a shot in the dark but maybe there's something at the very start of your song that FL Studio just can't render. FL renders chronologically so if it stays at 0% that would mean that it can't load the very first used plug-in or something. I have no idea if this can actually happen though, it's a wild guess.

Btw if all else fails, you can also use Edison to record your track as a .wav file.

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
8-bitheroes
8-bitheroes
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-03-14 08:01:46 Reply

Btw if all else fails, you can also use Edison to record your track as a .wav file.

Thanks yeah i ended up using edison but its not ideal. i dont know why its decided to do this now, never had problems before.

Witch
Witch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-03-14 21:00:39 Reply

At 3/14/14 08:01 AM, 8-bitheroes wrote: Thanks yeah i ended up using edison but its not ideal. i dont know why its decided to do this now, never had problems before.

You could always try re-installing FL.

BBS Signature
Glyxis
Glyxis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-03-15 19:45:33 Reply

Hi! I was wondering why the Fruity Loops crashed so badly, that i need to force-quit the computer..

Okay, the situation was this: I downloaded the demo of FabFilter and started testing it's plugins. I set the Pro-Q plugin, and put some splits on there. Then i tried to play my track to test how it sounds, but right away the whole computer crashes and very ugly "buzzing" sound started playing.
Ctrl+Alt+Del didn't helped. I couldn't do anything but force-quit the computer.

This sounds to me like the sound card crashed, but I dunno.. This isn't happened NEVER before..

Daru925
Daru925
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-03-15 23:07:05 Reply

32/64bits host/plugins compatibilty issue maybe?
Have you tried bridged mode or running "FL extended memory"?
Kontakt 5 froze my PC when i added more than one instrument... Running in extended memory fixed the issue.

Salut! I create 3D art here, and you can listen to my music there! Comments/Feedback appreciated. Merci! :)

Glyxis
Glyxis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-03-16 06:37:57 Reply

At 3/15/14 11:07 PM, Daru925 wrote: 32/64bits host/plugins compatibilty issue maybe?
Have you tried bridged mode or running "FL extended memory"?
Kontakt 5 froze my PC when i added more than one instrument... Running in extended memory fixed the issue.

How/where to set these on? And what they do actually?

Daru925
Daru925
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-03-16 10:05:07 Reply

First i must say i use FL10 so those options might not be available in previous/later versions.
I don't know anything about 32/64 bits, just that it causes issues. :D I let the experts discuss in details.

For example, FL10 works in 32bits and some plugins are 64 bits only.
It causes issues/freezes, if you use them directly into fruity loops, so a workaround is to use bridged mode.
It's in the wrapping options (the wheel on the topleft corner of any vst/vsti window).
It starts the plugin outside of fl studio and then links it. It doesn't work all the time and when it does, it's still buggy^^
Better than nothing.

Most of the time plugins come in 32 and 64bits anyway so they work on any system.

Being curious, i downloaded the demo of fabfilter Q (nice plugin BTW) and installed the 32 and 64 bits versions.
I can only use the 32bit one. Otherwise it doesn't freeze my computer, but it cut the sound completely.
Wow that's hype; an new "Allcut" filter! XD

Daru925
Daru925
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-03-16 10:08:57 Reply

*Sry double post,

Extended memory on FL10:
You can use more memory^^ MORE POWER!
In normal mode, you're limited to 2Go.

ChickenChips
ChickenChips
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-03-17 02:08:17 Reply

just use 32 bits

FL studio for life!!

C C

Glyxis
Glyxis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-03-18 11:30:58 Reply

Okay. Downloaded the 32bit version and works well. No crashes.

But one question about this Pro-Q plugin: Why there isn't "edit events" option? How am I going now to control knobs and changes on my song?? Or is this option only for purchased users? I can't find any information about this...

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-03-18 13:08:20 Reply

At 3/18/14 11:30 AM, Glyxis wrote: Okay. Downloaded the 32bit version and works well. No crashes.

But one question about this Pro-Q plugin: Why there isn't "edit events" option? How am I going now to control knobs and changes on my song?? Or is this option only for purchased users? I can't find any information about this...

Have you tried 'Make Editor Thumbnail'? It shows all the knobs of the plug-in in the browser so you can easily create automation clipos and events.

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Glyxis
Glyxis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-03-18 13:27:58 Reply

Oh, that do the trick! Thanks LiquidOoze ^^ Never used that option before. Looks pretty useful. :)

Sleepycoaster
Sleepycoaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-03-20 21:52:55 Reply

I need help recreating a sound using 3xosc.

The sound I want to recreate is in this BGM from the video game Monster Tale:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC9wuZ1rDmw
It comes at the 15 second mark, and isn't one of the drums. It's the open, resonant sound. I feel like it could be recreated using basic waveforms and some decay. Does anyone recognize it?

8-bitheroes
8-bitheroes
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-03-26 15:52:42 Reply

Gurus of fl i call upon your help once more. I want to set up fl so i can use the asio for the sound driver but when i select it i get no sound, why is this? I usually use my interface soundcard but when i am not at home(connected to the interface) i have no way to go but use the primary sound card which sucks.

JoshuaHughes
JoshuaHughes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-03-26 19:28:14 Reply

At 3/26/14 03:52 PM, 8-bitheroes wrote: Gurus of fl i call upon your help once more. I want to set up fl so i can use the asio for the sound driver but when i select it i get no sound, why is this? I usually use my interface soundcard but when i am not at home(connected to the interface) i have no way to go but use the primary sound card which sucks.

What does your ASIO panel look like? Most of the time it's because there's another program interfering with the driver.

Latest Track: Children of Saturn

BBS Signature
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-03-27 12:39:22 Reply

At 3/26/14 03:52 PM, 8-bitheroes wrote: Gurus of fl i call upon your help once more. I want to set up fl so i can use the asio for the sound driver but when i select it i get no sound, why is this? I usually use my interface soundcard but when i am not at home(connected to the interface) i have no way to go but use the primary sound card which sucks.

Is there any other program running when you use FL Studio with the ASIO driver? Make sure that before you launch FL Studio you close everything else, this probably solve the problem. On the other hand, when you use ASIO in FL Studio and it works every other program gets silenced. It's really annoying and I still don't know how to fix that.

BBS Signature
8-bitheroes
8-bitheroes
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-03-27 12:42:13 Reply

Is there any other program running when you use FL Studio with the ASIO driver? Make sure that before you launch FL Studio you close everything else, this probably solve the problem. On the other hand, when you use ASIO in FL Studio and it works every other program gets silenced. It's really annoying and I still don't know how to fix that.

as far as i can tell im not using anything else.