New Topic Respond to this Topic
Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-12-10 21:18:29 Reply

Hey guys I have a quick question about exporting tracks. I'm facing some huge problems when exporting all of a sudden. For a while it would take me max 2 minutes to export a song, however one of my songs would take upwards of 20-30 minutes to export... However now it seems that every song I try and export takes an incredibly long time. I just started exporting a section of a track that was about 3mb and went to out and to dinner for close to 2 hours and when I came back it was at 40%

This shouldn't be an issue with my computer considering I'm playing BF3/4, Witcher 2, and several CPU intensive games on max settings... I've tried all different Bitrates and sinc rates and that was a temporary fix for some songs but no longer works. I'm at a complete loss of what to do because I don't really want to waste an entire day exporting a piece of a track. I'm stumped because it almost seems like it's getting worse.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-12-10 21:37:00 Reply

At 12/10/13 09:18 PM, Envy wrote: Hey guys I have a quick question about exporting tracks. I'm facing some huge problems when exporting all of a sudden. For a while it would take me max 2 minutes to export a song, however one of my songs would take upwards of 20-30 minutes to export... However now it seems that every song I try and export takes an incredibly long time. I just started exporting a section of a track that was about 3mb and went to out and to dinner for close to 2 hours and when I came back it was at 40%

This shouldn't be an issue with my computer considering I'm playing BF3/4, Witcher 2, and several CPU intensive games on max settings... I've tried all different Bitrates and sinc rates and that was a temporary fix for some songs but no longer works. I'm at a complete loss of what to do because I don't really want to waste an entire day exporting a piece of a track. I'm stumped because it almost seems like it's getting worse.

For example, I just tried 6 point-hermite and 128kbps and it's still freezing... I don't even know what to do. I've tried deleting samples/vsts/effects etc etc, it just seems like the FLP is corrupt.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

Mrobeymenow
Mrobeymenow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-12-10 22:24:56 Reply

At 12/10/13 09:37 PM, Envy wrote: Hey guys I have a quick question about exporting tracks. I'm facing some huge problems when exporting all of a sudden. For a while it would take me max 2 minutes to export a song, however one of my songs would take upwards of 20-30 minutes to export...

I wouldn't be surprised if it is just a glitch in the program you use, Re-downloading it should fix it. But if you have some irreplaceable things on their then I don't know how to help. I hope this doesn't keep you from trying your best on your songs, I am a major fan of yours, and look forward to your next songs.

Don't bother checking out my works. I never post anything new here anymore.

Mrobeymenow
Mrobeymenow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-12-10 22:30:44 Reply

At 12/10/13 10:24 PM, Mrobeymenow wrote:
At 12/10/13 09:37 PM, Envy wrote: Hey guys I have a quick question about exporting tracks. I'm facing some huge problems when exporting all of a sudden. For a while it would take me max 2 minutes to export a song, however one of my songs would take upwards of 20-30 minutes to export...
I wouldn't be surprised if it is just a glitch in the program you use, Re-downloading it should fix it. But if you have some irreplaceable things on their then I don't know how to help. I hope this doesn't keep you from trying your best on your songs, I am a major fan of yours, and look forward to your next songs.

In fact you are the one who inspired me to make my own music, and got me hooked on this site. I love your work, and I'm sure it will continue to inspire me.

Don't bother checking out my works. I never post anything new here anymore.

Unfairy
Unfairy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-12-11 05:04:09 Reply

Where can I find useful and understandable beginner's information on Fruity Loops? I've tinkered with it on my own on and off for a while now and I can apply what I've figured out through trial and error. I feel like at this point I am limited by "winging it" as it were.

However, I'm really overwhelmed by stuff like this topic because I have no grasp of the lingo, no community input, and no real learned foundation. How do the geniuses who do figure this stuff out figure it out? Bleh.

Live in your world, play in mine...

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-12-11 05:21:21 Reply

FL has one of the best help files of any program ever, if all else fails.

p.s. i am gay

Unfairy
Unfairy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-12-11 05:56:37 Reply

At 12/11/13 05:21 AM, midimachine wrote: FL has one of the best help files of any program ever, if all else fails.

Really? That's a derp on my part, but I am used to unhelpful help files so it didn't particularly occur to me. I'll have to check it out next time I'm not running on 6AM fumes.

Still outside sources would be appreciated.

Live in your world, play in mine...

AetherX
AetherX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-12-11 13:47:01 Reply

Youtube is your friend. I've learned pretty much everything I know about FL from two different people:

ste1438 (Check out his Beginner to Pro series)

Seamless (Probably start with his FL Studio Basics series)

--NG Music -- Soundcloud--
Most Recent Song: Explore Infinity <-Failed audition to NGADM!

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-12-11 19:57:06 Reply

At 12/11/13 01:47 PM, AetherX wrote: Youtube is your friend. I've learned pretty much everything I know about FL from two different people:

ste1438 (Check out his Beginner to Pro series)

Seamless (Probably start with his FL Studio Basics series)

Also, Beats4Beets.
Dude makes pretty good beginner tutorials.

8-bitheroes
8-bitheroes
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-12-12 09:38:07 Reply

Hey guys, just a quick question.. Say i have a sample i want to use in a project. Whats the best way to match the pitch and key of the sample to my project? I have tried doing this in fruity slicer by adjusting the pitch slider however that's just doing it by ear and it doesnt really give me a clear indication of whether or not its correctly pitched. Thanks in advance.

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-12-12 09:46:56 Reply

At 12/12/13 09:38 AM, 8-bitheroes wrote: Hey guys, just a quick question.. Say i have a sample i want to use in a project. Whats the best way to match the pitch and key of the sample to my project? I have tried doing this in fruity slicer by adjusting the pitch slider however that's just doing it by ear and it doesnt really give me a clear indication of whether or not its correctly pitched. Thanks in advance.

I've got nothing helpful to contribute, sadly.

in which case I shouldn't respond at all but kafjdakfga

Is it a vocal sample, or a melody sample?
As for advice? You just have to listen. Very carefully.

8-bitheroes
8-bitheroes
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-12-12 10:20:44 Reply

Is it a vocal sample, or a melody sample?
As for advice? You just have to listen. Very carefully.

Its a reversed sound from a sample pack.

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-12-13 00:50:00 Reply

At 12/10/13 09:37 PM, Envy wrote: oioio

i used to have this issue with soundfonts in FL, just a shot in the dark.

I would say the issu eis moer likely in a corrupted vst than in FL's framework, try looking into it in that vein.

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-12-13 01:53:40 Reply

At 12/12/13 10:20 AM, 8-bitheroes wrote: Its a reversed sound from a sample pack.

A reversed sample? Like a sweep that actually has tone?
Well...shit, I've got nothing.

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-12-13 09:11:40 Reply

At 12/12/13 09:38 AM, 8-bitheroes wrote: Hey guys, just a quick question.. Say i have a sample i want to use in a project. Whats the best way to match the pitch and key of the sample to my project? I have tried doing this in fruity slicer by adjusting the pitch slider however that's just doing it by ear and it doesnt really give me a clear indication of whether or not its correctly pitched. Thanks in advance.

you could always just find a free tuning VST to look at while you adjust the pitch (MTuner is really good and comes with a massive bundle of good free stuff from melda production)
actually you can run pitcher and just go off of the "input pitch" needle

p.s. i am gay

8-bitheroes
8-bitheroes
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-12-13 19:11:59 Reply

At 12/13/13 01:53 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 12/12/13 10:20 AM, 8-bitheroes wrote: Its a reversed sound from a sample pack.

Yeh basically

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-12-16 00:45:10 Reply

At 12/13/13 07:11 PM, 8-bitheroes wrote:
Yeh basically

if possible, just get the frequency of the key's tonic (http://www.phy.mtu.edu/~suits/notefreqs.html) and with a spectrum analyzer mach the samples to it

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-12-16 00:47:14 Reply

At 12/16/13 12:45 AM, jpbear wrote:
At 12/13/13 07:11 PM, 8-bitheroes wrote:
Yeh basically
if possible, just get the frequency of the key's tonic (http://www.phy.mtu.edu/~suits/notefreqs.html) and with a spectrum analyzer mach the samples to it

the sample's fundamental frequency if it has one, if not just find the harmonic thats playing loudest in the sample and use that as your "guide"

8-bitheroes
8-bitheroes
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-12-16 19:05:37 Reply

Thanks for helping.

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-12-27 00:14:04 Reply

Is there any modwheel or similar function for the piano roll?

Daru925
Daru925
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-12-27 10:36:55 Reply

Hi, what are you trying to do?
I don't think there is one by default.
If you're using native plugin from FL (harmor, sytrus) there are a bunch of effects that are available in the piano roll.
Like Slide, portamento, notes, color notes that trigger effects.
If you left click on any button in a plugin you get a list of different automation available.

For everything non FL, it depends of the plugin, but you can use various type of automations.
Left click wont work usually.

You can either use "browse parameter" from the plugin window(click the down arrow top left), then a list of everything you can automate (parameters, CC) will popup.
Usually "midi CC #1" is used by modwheel.
From there you can use "edit event" to draw curve in piano roll , "create automation curve" to draw clean spline-curves in the Playlist, or "link to controller", for example "dashboard" plugin.
I used it to create a sustain pedal for a bass.
You have fruity keyboard controller to control a parameter from the piano roll depending of the note, or the velocity of the note.

There is another method where you move any parameter in the VST window (like modwheel), then go to tool, last tweaked parameter and you get the same automation menu. But it doesn't work 100%

Salut!
I create 3D art here, and you can listen to my music there! Comments/Feedback appreciated.
Merci! :)

Glyxis
Glyxis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-01-06 02:46:51 Reply

Hello. Why my speech synthesizer didn't appear on the pattern anymore? All other instruments can be seen..

Stealth-Emergence
Stealth-Emergence
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-01-06 11:00:13 Reply

At 1/6/14 02:46 AM, Glyxis wrote: Hello. Why my speech synthesizer didn't appear on the pattern anymore? All other instruments can be seen..

How were you trying to do it?

I've just a quick go (haven't used the speech synthesizer for a while)

The steps you need to follow to achieve it should be:

On a new or existing pattern.

Add, Insert, or Replace on the step sequencer the "speech synthesizer" type your text and choose your settings and then accept.

Your speech should now appear on the step sequencer, then go over to the playlist and click where you want your new pattern to appear.

It should then be there.

Is this how you tried?

If you did, then I've no other suggestions

Audio Artists required for Charity Album: Read further information here The charity is Jambange

BBS Signature
Daru925
Daru925
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-01-06 11:39:59 Reply

At 1/6/14 02:46 AM, Glyxis wrote: Hello. Why my speech synthesizer didn't appear on the pattern anymore? All other instruments can be seen..

Just in case...

_Are you sure you havent zipped a channel's icon?
Try F5; then Alt+U

_Check you haven't grouped your channels by mistake.
Bottom left of step sequencer panel there is an "All/unsorted/groupname" menu.
When you group channels, the other disappear from step sequencer.

Salut!
I create 3D art here, and you can listen to my music there! Comments/Feedback appreciated.
Merci! :)

Glyxis
Glyxis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-01-06 13:50:01 Reply

Thanks for replies. @Stealth-Emergence: Yes, that is exactly what i do. I insert it as new one, not replace.
@Daru925: No, I haven't zipped the channel icon. Also, the channel display filter is on "All", so it should be there.

And now i noticed that when i have added the synthesizer, and add another instrument, the speech synthesizer magically appear, named as "Default". I don't understand why. So actually it is there, but i can't see it until i set another one..

Glyxis
Glyxis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-01-06 14:00:28 Reply

Sorry for double posting, but.. Hmm, yeah, the default means it's just the "Type your text here" speech. I tested it without putting my own speech there.. Anyway, i get my speech there, but i still don't understand why i must do it that way..

So, not acute anymore, but if someone has idea what the problem is, you're welcome to tell. :)

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-01-06 14:52:22 Reply

At 1/6/14 02:00 PM, Glyxis wrote:
So, not acute anymore, but if someone has idea what the problem is, you're welcome to tell. :)

Are you using the most recent version of FL? I cant seem to simulate this issue at all.

Glyxis
Glyxis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-01-06 16:36:31 Reply

At 1/6/14 02:52 PM, Breed wrote:
At 1/6/14 02:00 PM, Glyxis wrote:
Are you using the most recent version of FL? I cant seem to simulate this issue at all.

Not actually. I'm using 9.0.

Sleepycoaster
Sleepycoaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-01-06 19:56:00 Reply

Hi there.

I want to ask about Fruity Formula Controller. I'm using the Basic Sine preset. When I turn the frequency knob (I believe it was c?) all the way up it still doesn't go as fast as I want it to. (I'm trying to add vibrato to a 3xosc eurobeat saw, and using FFC to control fine pitch.) It seems that you can't edit the shown sine formula directly, as FFC just ignores my changes. Are there presets with faster frequencies? Is there a way to put in your own formula?

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-01-06 20:41:57 Reply

At 1/6/14 07:56 PM, AquariusCyclone wrote: It seems that you can't edit the shown sine formula directly, as FFC just ignores my changes.

you need to press "COMPILE" for changes to take effect

for the formula a+Sin(SongTime*Pi*2*c)*(b-0.5) you can change the 2 to a higher value to increase the speed. the a/b/c variables have a maximum value of 1, so that's something to keep in mind!

p.s. i am gay