• 6,513 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Cabbster
Cabbster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 12th, 2013 @ 12:40 AM Reply

At 10/12/13 12:32 AM, Cabbster wrote: I' just switched from FL 10 to 11, can someone please tell me how to drag my presets for vsts into fl 11?

whoops nevermind, data, patches, plugin presets, then drag n drop

8-bitheroes
8-bitheroes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 13th, 2013 @ 06:37 PM Reply

I want to use a dnb loop in part of my beat however when I join two of these same loops together they don't quite meet up. How do i do this so they flow into eachother seemlessly?

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 13th, 2013 @ 07:00 PM Reply

At 10/13/13 06:37 PM, 8-bitheroes wrote: I want to use a dnb loop in part of my beat however when I join two of these same loops together they don't quite meet up. How do i do this so they flow into eachother seemlessly?

are the loops playing from sampler channels or fruity slicer channels?
if it's the former you can timestretch the loops. there should be a knob on the sampler labelled TIME next to a drop down box, you can right click it and select 1 bar or 2 bars and it will fit the loop to your project tempo

i'd rather just use slicer for drumloops though, since it does all of that automatically when you load the loop and you can then easily rearrange the loop to make fills/variations.

p.s. i am gay

8-bitheroes
8-bitheroes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 13th, 2013 @ 08:07 PM Reply

i'd rather just use slicer for drumloops though, since it does all of that automatically when you load the loop and you can then easily rearrange the loop to make fills/variations.

They are in the sample channel, I havent used the slicer how can I pull them into that?

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 14th, 2013 @ 02:31 AM Reply

At 10/13/13 08:07 PM, 8-bitheroes wrote:
They are in the sample channel, I havent used the slicer how can I pull them into that?

when you select the loop from the browser in FL, right click and select "Open in new Fruity Slicer channel"

you might need to change the number of beats, like if it comes up with a weird tempo and length that isn't right. and you can mess around with where the slices are placed with a couple of knobs down the bottom. just try it out and play around with it, you'll get the hang of it.

p.s. i am gay

GamerMan7
GamerMan7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 14th, 2013 @ 03:33 PM Reply

At 10/12/13 12:32 AM, Cabbster wrote: I' just switched from FL 10 to 11, can someone please tell me how to drag my presets for vsts into fl 11?

open C:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio 10\Data\Patches\Plugin presets and then open the same directory for FL Studio 11. Drag and drop your presets into the proper FL 11 folders for your plugins :)

8-bitheroes
8-bitheroes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 22nd, 2013 @ 10:17 AM Reply

hey guys, bk again, i have a bassline and i want to add some automated wobble to the end of each bar, how do i do this?

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 22nd, 2013 @ 11:33 AM Reply

At 10/22/13 10:17 AM, 8-bitheroes wrote: hey guys, bk again, i have a bassline and i want to add some automated wobble to the end of each bar, how do i do this?

Automate the cutoff on a lowpass filter is the basic way of doing that.

Add a fruity free filter, change type to low pass with top left knob if its not already that, then right click cutoff(freq) knob and select create automation, then adjust the automation to your liking on the playlist.

I suggest messing with the resonance or "Q" setting as well to get a more pronounced or less pronounced wub. You can also play with other effects fading in and out to make more interesting texture. Chorus, Flanger, Distortion, Formant filters, compressors, EQ sweeps, etc.

Experiment, fail, learn, repeat.

FaeryTaleAdventurer
FaeryTaleAdventurer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 22nd, 2013 @ 01:33 PM Reply

Does FL Studio got a page scroll mode?

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 22nd, 2013 @ 02:02 PM Reply

At 10/22/13 01:33 PM, FaeryTaleAdventurer wrote: Does FL Studio got a page scroll mode?

What exactly do you mean?

One scrolling trick is to push in your mouse wheel and drag, that gives you both X & Y axis scrolling simultaneously(both playlist & piano roll). Another is if youre on your playlist you can hold shift and hit the down arrow key to automatically scroll down to the lowest placed track. Also, on the Sequencer PageUp & PageDown allows you to switch which channel group youre looking at.

Any of those what youre talking about?

FaeryTaleAdventurer
FaeryTaleAdventurer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 22nd, 2013 @ 02:17 PM Reply

At 10/22/13 02:02 PM, Breed wrote:
At 10/22/13 01:33 PM, FaeryTaleAdventurer wrote: Does FL Studio got a page scroll mode?
What exactly do you mean?

One scrolling trick is to push in your mouse wheel and drag, that gives you both X & Y axis scrolling simultaneously(both playlist & piano roll). Another is if youre on your playlist you can hold shift and hit the down arrow key to automatically scroll down to the lowest placed track. Also, on the Sequencer PageUp & PageDown allows you to switch which channel group youre looking at.

Any of those what youre talking about?

More specifically: when playing back music that's got a significant amount of measures in length (left to right), FL Studio will automatically push forward a few measures as the playhead gets closer to the end of view.

Other DAWs such as Logic or Live have a "page" scrolling mode where when the playhead gets to a certain point near the end of the view, it automatically flashes forward to the next set of measures in the song (like turning a page really fast).

^this is what I was wondering--does FL Studio have a feature like this?

FaeryTaleAdventurer
FaeryTaleAdventurer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 22nd, 2013 @ 02:22 PM Reply

At 10/22/13 02:17 PM, FaeryTaleAdventurer wrote:
Other DAWs such as Logic or Live have a "page" scrolling mode where when the playhead gets to a certain point near the end of the view, it automatically flashes forward to the next set of measures in the song

A whole screen's worth.

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 22nd, 2013 @ 06:44 PM Reply

Options > Auto Scroll?

p.s. i am gay

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 22nd, 2013 @ 10:26 PM Reply

At 10/22/13 06:44 PM, midimachine wrote:
Options > Auto Scroll?

The answer is yes and the way to do it is what this guy just said.

DjAbbic
DjAbbic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 23rd, 2013 @ 03:37 AM Reply

I'm noticing an odd issue that may or may not be based on luck. Sometimes, I find that my CPU usage on the FL indicator(I believe it shows up near the top of FL for the rest of you as well) varies each time I open my project.

For example, I open project1 and start to play to track. My CPU usage hits 90-95%. Then, I close project1.

I open project1 again, and this time my CPU usage peaks at 70%.

Is there any explanation to this variation (I did not open any new programs, nor did I run any new processes in each test) or is it just plain luck?

New electro house song

I do not swear, smoke or drink alcohol. Oh sh*t! My cigarette just fell in my can of beer!

BBS Signature
BlueOceans
BlueOceans
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 23rd, 2013 @ 11:07 AM Reply

Should the kick and bass be panned to opposite sides in dance music?

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 23rd, 2013 @ 11:26 AM Reply

At 10/23/13 11:07 AM, BlueOceans wrote: Should the kick and bass be panned to opposite sides in dance music?

I don't remember either of those needed panning in EDM.

or in any other genre
with the exception of the bass, pan that shit wherever you feel like it
'cept for the sub bass
8-bitheroes
8-bitheroes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 23rd, 2013 @ 07:09 PM Reply

How do I insert a pause or rest into my music? Simply leaving a gap between patterns on the playlist does not achieve this properly as i still get stuff ringing into the gap.

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 23rd, 2013 @ 07:42 PM Reply

At 10/23/13 07:09 PM, 8-bitheroes wrote: How do I insert a pause or rest into my music? Simply leaving a gap between patterns on the playlist does not achieve this properly as i still get stuff ringing into the gap.

That ringing is probably because of the reverb or delay effect of some of the instruments you have. Either automate the reverb's or delay's wet slider/knob.

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 24th, 2013 @ 12:15 AM Reply

At 10/23/13 11:07 AM, BlueOceans wrote: Should the kick and bass be panned to opposite sides in dance music?

Feel free to experiment a little with that but generally in EDM you dont want to pan anything low frequency very intensely. Keep things around or under 10% panning.

Also, dont use that as a cheat for getting them to work. A lot of people "hide" things in stereo, when what they really just need is better EQ and sidechain compression. Always double check a mix in mono to make sure things actually sound good together.

8-bitheroes
8-bitheroes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 24th, 2013 @ 05:31 AM Reply

That ringing is probably because of the reverb or delay effect of some of the instruments you have. Either automate the reverb's or delay's wet slider/knob.

hm is this the only way?

ForeverBound
ForeverBound
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 24th, 2013 @ 05:34 AM Reply

it is the best way, but u can also automate the volumes of intruments and drop them there put u will hear that it won't sound good at all just like automation of the master volume to get a little gap. I advice to play with the reverb cause that will be the source of your problem

BBS Signature
8-bitheroes
8-bitheroes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 24th, 2013 @ 07:40 AM Reply

ok, il try that. Thanks

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 24th, 2013 @ 09:41 AM Reply

At 10/24/13 05:31 AM, 8-bitheroes wrote:
hm is this the only way?

I personally think its easier to automate the mute plugin on and off. If you have proper bussing than that should be the easiest way to do it.

8-bitheroes
8-bitheroes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 24th, 2013 @ 05:00 PM Reply

At 10/24/13 09:41 AM, Breed wrote:

mute plugin on and off. If you have proper bussing than that should

Silly question but what do u mean by bussing?

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 24th, 2013 @ 06:30 PM Reply

At 10/24/13 05:00 PM, 8-bitheroes wrote:

mixer channel=bus

route it to a mixer channel

LichLordMusic
LichLordMusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 24th, 2013 @ 06:47 PM Reply

At 10/23/13 07:09 PM, 8-bitheroes wrote: How do I insert a pause or rest into my music? Simply leaving a gap between patterns on the playlist does not achieve this properly as i still get stuff ringing into the gap.

You could create Automation Clip's for the Volume on each channel in the mixer which is leaking out sound where you want to insert the break and key in on the timeline where you want the volume level to go to (i.e, smoothly curve it down to 0% and then back up to it's original level at the end of the break).

| Music | News | Favorites | - Audio Destruction, Evolving One Track At A Time!

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 24th, 2013 @ 09:39 PM Reply

At 10/24/13 05:00 PM, 8-bitheroes wrote:

proper routing for using the mute plugin effectively. if its your drums you want to mute then it would be smart to have a subbuss set up for all your drums so you can just use one mute.

FaeryTaleAdventurer
FaeryTaleAdventurer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 25th, 2013 @ 01:21 PM Reply

At 10/22/13 10:26 PM, Breed wrote:
At 10/22/13 06:44 PM, midimachine wrote:
Options > Auto Scroll?
The answer is yes and the way to do it is what this guy just said.

hmmm, not quite; that feature just pushes forward a few measures automatically. Here's a visual example of what I'm looking for.
(see what happens at about 3:07)

TheFiercePixel
TheFiercePixel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 27th, 2013 @ 08:16 PM Reply

I just open up FL Studio and now I can't access all of my sample packs through the browser.

Anyone got a solution for this!?

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

Stalk me on the internet and listen to my music.
SoundCloud
Twitter

BBS Signature