00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

662,473 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-11 02:31:27

How do I take a knob on a VST or mixer plugin and control it with the piano roll event editor? Say, I want to use the event editor to change the cutoff filter in Love Philter at the same point in a pattern each time a pattern plays.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-11 08:18:03

From its description, "Fruity Keyboard controller" seems your best bet, check:

"You can use this plugin to control knob and sliders through out FL Studio. This is achieved by mapping note pitch and velocity fed to the keyboard controller from the Piano roll or Step Sequencer to any automatable parameter within FL Studio and 3rd party plugins"

Sorry i can't help you further, as i never used it.
I find it easier and more versatile to use automation curves in the playlist, than using piano roll event editor.

Salut!

I create 3D art here, and you can listen to my album there! Comments/Feedback appreciated.

Merci!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-11 11:41:40

At 2/11/14 02:31 AM, Sleepycoaster wrote: How do I take a knob on a VST or mixer plugin and control it with the piano roll event editor? Say, I want to use the event editor to change the cutoff filter in Love Philter at the same point in a pattern each time a pattern plays.

once you edit an event in the events window you can then select it from the drop down list in the piano roll (the same list as note velocity, channel volume etc.). then you can edit it in the lower window.

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-14 22:26:04

I got Massive =D! Anyone know a good set of tutorials to learn how to use all the features if it properly? I'm not to educated on making my own synths at all.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-15 06:33:03

At 2/14/14 10:26 PM, Lethal-Input wrote: I got Massive =D! Anyone know a good set of tutorials to learn how to use all the features if it properly? I'm not to educated on making my own synths at all.

Congrats, i've been using massive for one year and i was never disappointed, it's very easy to use.

I suggest you read the help file, no kidding.

Many tuts about massive
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf5UKh_cj2_5pUomhyswWYQ

This one is a bit more experimental, the guy is learning massive on the fly.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL47BCD7D6F4EB03E6

Massive wavetables 101
http://quadrophone.com/massive-wavetable-images/
I like better having a graphic representation than a fancy name.
Those were obtained with "JScope", a free vst plugin that allows you to see waveforms.

Salut!

I create 3D art here, and you can listen to my album there! Comments/Feedback appreciated.

Merci!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-15 11:49:05

At 2/6/14 02:51 AM, Fubaka wrote: So, this may seem silly to ask, but I've not found any reliable tutorials for this, and playing around with it doesn't help me much either.

Can anyone tell me how to use this, and what people tend to use it for, if anything:

http://tempupload.ngfiles.com/4537345.Synthmaker.jpg

i've made a few fl plugins using synthmaker. it's a pain in the ass to figure out, but when you do, the possibilities of the different sounds is pretty much endless. i recommend getting as familiar with it as possible if you plan on using fls as your main daw for a while.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-15 11:50:50

So how do i go about drawing in pitch bends in fl?i want to add some to my bass lines to jazz it up a bit.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-15 23:59:28

At 2/15/14 11:50 AM, 8-bitheroes wrote: So how do i go about drawing in pitch bends in fl?i want to add some to my bass lines to jazz it up a bit.

You could either use the slider button in the top left of the piano roll window to put slider notes into your bassline, or you could select the dropdown button at the top of piano roll, set it to fine pitch, and draw the bends.

Slider notes are to be placed where they can be played at the same time as an actual note. For the duration of the slider note, the pitch will bend linearly towards that note.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-16 19:29:15

Hi. I have one very annoying problem about Groos Beat. I'm building my new trance track and doing some sidechaining, but for some reason, when i start to play where sidechaining melody starts, it is sidechaining at wrong time. The weirdest thing is that when i play the song at the beginning, it plays just right. So, how I'm going to get it work like that it sounds right, regardless where i start playing.

I can't figure it out. (Ps. my bad english)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-20 16:43:34

I've been looking up techniques for electronic music, and I've noticed that side chaining is almost always used. My only problem is I don't know what side chaining is for, and what I'm actually supposed to be side chaining. I'm pretty sure I know how to side chain, because I may have done it before.

Is side chaining for the build up? Also should I be using leads more than just generic synths? I hear square leads and saw leads in a lot of electronic music too. Only problem is that I don't know how to use them without making them sound like ass.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-20 17:00:42

At 2/20/14 04:43 PM, MegaMettaurX wrote: I've been looking up techniques for electronic music, and I've noticed that side chaining is almost always used. My only problem is I don't know what side chaining is for, and what I'm actually supposed to be side chaining. I'm pretty sure I know how to side chain, because I may have done it before.

Is side chaining for the build up? Also should I be using leads more than just generic synths? I hear square leads and saw leads in a lot of electronic music too. Only problem is that I don't know how to use them without making them sound like ass.

Sidechaining is usually used when say you have a sound like the bassline and the kick drum playing at the same points, what tends to happen is the bass occupies similar frequencys to the kick, so if theyre both playing at the same time they can get in the way of eachother and cause phasing issues aswell as muddying up the low end. So sidechaining lowers/ducks the volume of the selected instrument (for example the bass)
everytime the kick hits. This helps create a more pronounced kick. but this can also be used for rhythmic purposes with settings less subtle.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-20 17:04:00

What exactly does the pogo knob do in the sample channel?, its at the bottom along side in, out, and some other things. I can hear it make changes but i would like to know what it does.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-20 17:17:42

At 2/20/14 05:04 PM, 8-bitheroes wrote: What exactly does the pogo knob do in the sample channel?, its at the bottom along side in, out, and some other things. I can hear it make changes but i would like to know what it does.

Hover mouse over any knob, then press F1

Pitch bend (POGO) - Applies pitch bend to the sample. Useful for drum samples.

Salut!

Merci!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-20 17:46:03

At 2/20/14 05:17 PM, Daru925 wrote:
At 2/20/14 05:04 PM, 8-bitheroes wrote: What exactly does the pogo knob do in the sample channel?, its at the bottom along side in, out, and some other things. I can hear it make changes but i would like to know what it does.
Hover mouse over any knob, then press F1

My pitch tends to bend too, but only is someone is hovering delicately enough around my knob

Audio Artists required for Charity Album: Read further information here The charity is Jambange

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-20 18:39:46

Thanks man.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-21 01:56:11

At 2/20/14 05:00 PM, 8-bitheroes wrote:
At 2/20/14 04:43 PM, MegaMettaurX wrote: I've been looking up techniques for electronic music, and I've noticed that side chaining is almost always used. My only problem is I don't know what side chaining is for, and what I'm actually supposed to be side chaining. I'm pretty sure I know how to side chain, because I may have done it before.

Sidechaining is usually used when say you have a sound like the bassline and the kick drum playing at the same points, what tends to happen is the bass occupies similar frequencys to the kick, so if theyre both playing at the same time they can get in the way of eachother and cause phasing issues aswell as muddying up the low end. So sidechaining lowers/ducks the volume of the selected instrument (for example the bass)
everytime the kick hits. This helps create a more pronounced kick. but this can also be used for rhythmic purposes with settings less subtle.

Hmm. That's great. I've been researching techniques for trap, would you happen to know how to do make 808s (long tail variety) to have that tonal sound? I don't seem to understand how to make it bassy and keep its tone.

Here's an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6yyThm7DtY
At about 0:52 is what I'm talking about. I really need to learn how to make that sound, it basically defines the genre lol.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-21 07:28:06

At 2/21/14 01:56 AM, MegaMettaurX wrote: Hmm. That's great. I've been researching techniques for trap, would you happen to know how to do make 808s (long tail variety) to have that tonal sound? I don't seem to understand how to make it bassy and keep its tone.

better 808 samples and/or compression. or just synthesize your own bassdrums.
look for the meanbeat b900 pack on the net, has a really nice long 808-alike bassdrum sample which i use and abuse constantly!

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-21 16:59:29

At 2/21/14 07:28 AM, midimachine wrote:
look for the meanbeat b900 pack on the net, has a really nice long 808-alike bassdrum sample which i use and abuse constantly!

googling it now. Thanks.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-21 19:55:15

How about my earlier question? About to get sidechaining sounds right regardless where i start to play it.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-22 04:19:02

At 2/21/14 07:55 PM, Glyxis wrote: How about my earlier question? About to get sidechaining sounds right regardless where i start to play it.

Yeah, I asked about it earlier, but I have no idea what I should be side chaining. I've been working on a remake/remix of a song and I noticed that I can't hear my claps. (they fade in, but by the time they're fully pronounced I still can't tell they're there. I just know they're there because I put them there lol)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-22 04:29:20

At 2/21/14 01:56 AM, MegaMettaurX wrote:
look for the meanbeat b900 pack on the net, has a really nice long 808-alike bassdrum sample which i use and abuse

I been googling trying to find this pack. Does it have a different name or something cuz I can't find it.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-22 05:32:00

At 2/22/14 04:29 AM, MegaMettaurX wrote:
At 2/21/14 01:56 AM, MegaMettaurX wrote:
look for the meanbeat b900 pack on the net, has a really nice long 808-alike bassdrum sample which i use and abuse
I been googling trying to find this pack. Does it have a different name or something cuz I can't find it.

damn! i might have to mirror them or something :( this guy had a whole bunch of really useful samples from old machines.

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-22 13:10:43

Here's an example:

At about 0:52 is what I'm talking about. I really need to learn how to make that sound, it basically defines the genre lol.

I have never really had to make one but you could either look into synthesizeing one or just take a regualr kick sample and eq it so that it doesn't have the click and boost some areas to increase the boom effect. Either that or just find an 808 in a Sample pack lol.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-22 19:40:43

At 2/22/14 01:10 PM, 8-bitheroes wrote:

Here's an example:

I have never really had to make one but you could either look into synthesizeing one or just take a regualr kick sample and eq it so that it doesn't have the click and boost some areas to increase the boom effect. Either that or just find an 808 in a Sample pack lol.

I have a lot of 808 samples lol. But I think I figured it out. I have to create a sine wave loop point on the 808 so the tone doesn't diminish. I'll need to fine tune it so the bass can be deep and audible though.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-23 17:57:55

Ok. I have another question. When i'm playing notes on my keyboard, some notes (certain keys) keep playing when i stop pressing the key. These keys are R O and N. So like piano keys gets stuck. It stops playing when i click it on mouse. Example Harlmess plugin does that.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-24 04:19:01

Alright, i think i figured it out myself. I opened MIDI settings and reset the output setting. I also noticed that the key "get's stuck" when i'm pressing the key and opening same time some drop out box, like that small arrow in upper left corner, plugin options. Every time i must go reset the MIDI output setting so it didn't get stuck again o.o It's kind of annoying.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-24 07:04:31

At 2/24/14 04:19 AM, Glyxis wrote: Alright, i think i figured it out myself. I opened MIDI settings and reset the output setting. I also noticed that the key "get's stuck" when i'm pressing the key and opening same time some drop out box, like that small arrow in upper left corner, plugin options. Every time i must go reset the MIDI output setting so it didn't get stuck again o.o It's kind of annoying.

When you use a third party vst, you can click the wheel icon (next to the downarrow icon), and enable "Don't allow keyboard focus".
Unfortunately i haven't seen this option for native plugins.

Salut!

Merci!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-24 16:36:50

At 2/24/14 07:04 AM, Daru925 wrote:
At 2/24/14 04:19 AM, Glyxis wrote: Alright, i think i figured it out myself. I opened MIDI settings and reset the output setting. I also noticed that the key "get's stuck" when i'm pressing the key and opening same time some drop out box, like that small arrow in upper left corner, plugin options. Every time i must go reset the MIDI output setting so it didn't get stuck again o.o It's kind of annoying.
When you use a third party vst, you can click the wheel icon (next to the downarrow icon), and enable "Don't allow keyboard focus".
Unfortunately i haven't seen this option for native plugins.

Yeah, there's no that icon. On 9 version it does, but now i'm using new 11 version and there's no wrapping settings. Is there somewhere else setting which can prevent this?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-25 11:14:33

Hey guys, im looking for an answer how can i reduce the time of a channels fade out time? Its because i try to use violin ensemble, but when i say press W then i get the sound of a violin and when i release W a loooong echo is following, where is the option to reduce that time?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-02-25 12:31:48

At 2/25/14 11:14 AM, HiTom wrote: Hey guys, im looking for an answer how can i reduce the time of a channels fade out time? Its because i try to use violin ensemble, but when i say press W then i get the sound of a violin and when i release W a loooong echo is following, where is the option to reduce that time?

It depends what plugin you are using. Like sytrus, poizone etc. The echo means usually delay or reverb. Search those settings and lower the echo time.