New Topic Respond to this Topic
poom3619
poom3619
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-05-05 12:31:48 Reply

What is the Effect plugin Edison,Parametric EQ) that's often used by professional music maker? I think I am not using it to the full potential yet.

Working toward Trance Music that can more or less cure Depression. But stucked. :(
Advice needed via PM.

CzeryWassierSwizier
CzeryWassierSwizier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-05-05 21:41:21 Reply

Limiters are supposed to limit volume if the input audio clips right?

I have my limiter at 0 db but why is my song still clipping?

I'm a nub.

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-05-05 21:57:05 Reply

At 5/5/13 09:41 PM, CzeryWassierSwizier wrote: Limiters are supposed to limit volume if the input audio clips right?

I have my limiter at 0 db but why is my song still clipping?

try turning everything down a bit lol

but seriously, maybe the master volume fader is above the default level. or your limiter settings are silly (long attack + short release or something)

although you shouldn't be using the limiter at all if your mixdown isn't finished, just saiyan!

p.s. i am gay

Tanyos
Tanyos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-05-06 17:36:58 Reply

Anyone know where I could find a musician/singers? I can't seem to find any anywhere on the site, and none are in the Collabinator. Thanks.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-05-06 17:41:05 Reply

At 5/6/13 05:36 PM, Tanyos wrote: Anyone know where I could find a musician/singers? I can't seem to find any anywhere on the site, and none are in the Collabinator. Thanks.

Seriously? You're on the audio forum... practically everyone here is a musician, singers to a lesser extent, but there are a few of them that hang around as well.

Also... why are you asking this in the FL Questions thread?

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Things and stuff - Music: Final Destination (Loop) - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Tanyos
Tanyos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-05-06 17:54:25 Reply

Seriously? You're on the audio forum... practically everyone here is a musician, singers to a lesser extent, but there are a few of them that hang around as well.

Also... why are you asking this in the FL Questions thread?

Sorry, I'm new. >.< This place can be hard to navigate

Tanyos
Tanyos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-05-06 18:22:51 Reply

Browse the audio portal for the genre you want and if you find an artist you like, pm them asking to collab. I've browsed the collaborator tool myself(for art) but most of them are for hire.

K thanks

Sydonai
Sydonai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-05-07 13:28:39 Reply

Hello everyone guys.
Is there a way to play a sample in the Patcher?

Let's say I want to layer two kicks and some other sounds. Layering them would not be really a good thing to do. Perhaps I'm blind and I can't see an option to do this. Slicex won't work, the FPC is for a group of samples, while I need only one/two. I can't believe there is no option...

Thanks.

bolisa
bolisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-05-07 13:33:13 Reply

How can you get a Vst from the internet plugged in in Fl studio 9???

SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-05-07 13:59:48 Reply

At 5/7/13 01:28 PM, Sydonai wrote: Hello everyone guys.

Let's say I want to layer two kicks and some other sounds. Layering them would not be really a good thing to do. Perhaps I'm blind and I can't see an option to do this. Slicex won't work, the FPC is for a group of samples, while I need only one/two. I can't believe there is no option...

Thanks.

You want to layer two kicks and some other sounds without layering them? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-05-07 14:03:26 Reply

At 5/7/13 01:59 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote:
At 5/7/13 01:28 PM, Sydonai wrote: Hello everyone guys.

Thanks.
You want to layer two kicks and some other sounds without layering them? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

There's something called "layer" where you can select multiple sounds and make them play at the same time.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

Sydonai
Sydonai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-05-07 14:28:33 Reply

I know there is the Layer option (so that I also mentioned it in the post), but I would like to have a better control over everything, a thing that one can do in Patcher.

Ok let's put the question in another way: how does one load a sample in Patcher? Slicex, FPC and Wave Traveller can't do the trick.

Thank both for the fast answers

SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-05-07 14:58:49 Reply

At 5/7/13 02:03 PM, Envy wrote:
There's something called "layer" where you can select multiple sounds and make them play at the same time.

I'm aware of what layering is, Envy, thanks though.

Checking Patcher a bit, I don't see an option to load a sampler - why doesn't Wave Traveler work?

Unless you're trying to make a pitched instrument, I don't see why you can't use it for a drum. Just set the speed of the "travelling" to what it normally is in the sample. I'm not sure what exactly that is, because I'm pretty sure that it varies with the instrument, but I think you could probably do it. ^_^ Might take awhile though.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
Sydonai
Sydonai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-05-07 15:02:49 Reply

Have you tried Wave Traveller in the Patcher?
It crashes everytime I try to load a sample, and it happened on the other PC too.

My only solution for this thing is just reinstalling, but I was hoping for another fast way.

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-05-07 19:47:00 Reply

At 5/7/13 03:02 PM, Sydonai wrote: Have you tried Wave Traveller in the Patcher?
It crashes everytime I try to load a sample, and it happened on the other PC too.

My only solution for this thing is just reinstalling, but I was hoping for another fast way.

why do you even need to use patcher? like, what's wrong with using a layer?
just asking in case there's a workaround without using patcher (there probably is), cause that shit is super buggy for everyone and reinstalling won't guarantee a fix.

p.s. i am gay

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-05-07 23:42:30 Reply

At 5/7/13 02:58 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote:
At 5/7/13 02:03 PM, Envy wrote:
I'm aware of what layering is, Envy, thanks though.

Oops sorry, meant to respond to the guy before you, not you about layering :3

I just briefly read his question.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

Sydonai
Sydonai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-05-08 10:13:02 Reply

At 5/7/13 07:47 PM, midimachine wrote:
At 5/7/13 03:02 PM, Sydonai wrote: Have you tried Wave Traveller in the Patcher?

just asking in case there's a workaround without using patcher (there probably is), cause that shit is super buggy for everyone and reinstalling won't guarantee a fix.

With the Patcher it will count as a single instrument, using only one mixer track and plus I have more options in Patcher (routing audios, applying effects, etc). Let's say I want to layer two kick and a hat, and want to make it a preset, I just can't; in Patcher I can do it. It's strange there is no possibility of using samples in it, tbh

Thanks for answers

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-05-08 10:57:36 Reply

At 5/8/13 10:13 AM, Sydonai wrote:
At 5/7/13 07:47 PM, midimachine wrote:

With the Patcher it will count as a single instrument, using only one mixer track and plus I have more options in Patcher (routing audios, applying effects, etc). Let's say I want to layer two kick and a hat, and want to make it a preset, I just can't; in Patcher I can do it. It's strange there is no possibility of using samples in it, tbh

Thanks for answers

you can merge mixer tracks or just send all the sounds to one mixer track
as far as making presets goes you can make wav files of your kicks or save the flp file for all the routin and stuff i guess.

but you make layer presets! it's the same process as making any other type of preset, and when you load the layer preset all the child channels are loaded into it with your settings automatically.

p.s. i am gay

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-05-08 10:59:48 Reply

*you can make layer presets

phone posts are error prone haha

p.s. i am gay

alternativesolution
alternativesolution
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-05-11 09:35:08 Reply

What could explain a complete loss of sound during playback?

I have FL 10, and in the middle of playing back a pattern, one channel, while on solo, just decides to stop playing sound. So I tried un-muting all the other channels, and the little bars beside the channel name light up during playback, yet there is no sound. I checked the mixer and nothing is muted, either, but according to the mixer nothing is actually being played.

My sound is on, volume is up, and I tried opening up a new window of FL and sound works just fine, as well as in other audio programs, internet, etc. Is there something in particular that just caused my project to stop producing sound? How do I fix this, or prevent this from happening again?

------->>> Post a random word

BBS Signature
Centriptic
Centriptic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-05-11 12:34:40 Reply

At 5/11/13 09:35 AM, alternativesolution wrote: What could explain a complete loss of sound during playback?

I have FL 10, and in the middle of playing back a pattern, one channel, while on solo, just decides to stop playing sound. So I tried un-muting all the other channels, and the little bars beside the channel name light up during playback, yet there is no sound. I checked the mixer and nothing is muted, either, but according to the mixer nothing is actually being played.

My sound is on, volume is up, and I tried opening up a new window of FL and sound works just fine, as well as in other audio programs, internet, etc. Is there something in particular that just caused my project to stop producing sound? How do I fix this, or prevent this from happening again?

Just a guess, but check your piano roll for those patterns and make sure you don't have a large space of nothing selected. Thats gotten me a few times where it'll play the pattern, then play 30 seconds of silence.

alternativesolution
alternativesolution
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-05-11 18:21:49 Reply

At 5/11/13 12:34 PM, Centriptic wrote: Just a guess, but check your piano roll for those patterns and make sure you don't have a large space of nothing selected. Thats gotten me a few times where it'll play the pattern, then play 30 seconds of silence.

No, it's none of that. I think it has something to do with one of my vsts...guess it bugged out or something. I ended up closing the project and reopening it and it worked fine, but I wouldn't want it to happen again, especially since I don't have a definite cause.
Thanks for the help

------->>> Post a random word

BBS Signature
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-05-13 05:35:33 Reply

At 5/13/13 03:01 AM, Corbetto wrote: Anyone have some good tips on to how i can avoid my songs clipping while still maintaining a reasonable level of volume on my track in fl studio?

Advice is appreciated :)

try reducing the volume of individual tracks on the mixer
if you're using a compressor/limiter or some other bullshit, i believe midimachine mentioned something along the lines adjusting the attack and release knobs for the compressor/limiter/magical-mastering-vst

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-05-13 06:00:54 Reply

Guys, I have an issue between FL10 and FL11. I just installed FL11 today by the way.

Thing is, when I run FL10 it's registered and on Producer Edition (Signature Bundle).
However when I run FL11, it automatically takes me to Demo Mode. The product key is already in the registry and I have no idea why it's going to Demo when it should go to Producer Edition...

I run FL10 and 11 simultaneously and the same problem still happens: FL10 is on Producer Edition, FL11 is in Demo Mode.

The opening window says this:

You appear to be a registered user, but your registration code is not valid anymore.
The application will now run in demo mode, until you apply for a new registration code.
You will now be taken to the "My FL Studio" web page where you can get your new registration code.

Does anyone else have this problem?

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
lasse
lasse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-05-13 06:57:14 Reply

At 5/13/13 06:00 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: f

if you actually read the error message it should be fairly obvious

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-05-13 06:58:20 Reply

At 5/13/13 06:57 AM, lasse wrote:
At 5/13/13 06:00 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: f
if you actually read the error message it should be fairly obvious

Yeah, but the thing is, it shouldn't be happening, because the older copy was BOUGHT. How is it then that the newer copy has to be bought on top of the older version?

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
lasse
lasse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-05-13 07:01:38 Reply

At 5/13/13 06:58 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: nO FUKC YOU

google is hard
http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.php?t=109052&p=795944

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-05-13 07:08:07 Reply

At 5/13/13 07:01 AM, lasse wrote: google is hard

Thanks for the link, but isn't this the whole point of the thread? Why go elsewhere when a lot of people use FL Studio and know the ins and outs of it anyway?

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
lasse
lasse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-05-13 07:10:23 Reply

At 5/13/13 07:08 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
At 5/13/13 07:01 AM, lasse wrote: google is hard
Thanks for the link, but isn't this the whole point of the thread? Why go elsewhere when a lot of people use FL Studio and know the ins and outs of it anyway?

yeah sorry for helping out, that was really inappropriate

:get fucked

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-05-13 07:13:17 Reply

At 5/13/13 07:10 AM, lasse wrote:
yeah sorry for helping out, that was really inappropriate

get fucked

Idiot. I thanked you for the link and this is the thanks I get. Son of a motherless goat.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature