• 6,542 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Apr. 30th, 2013 @ 01:19 AM Reply

At 4/30/13 12:51 AM, seltekkodes wrote: noooo... i was just trying to get tips on some of the more common mistakes made by new people... like missing the melody or something like that

then that's not really a FL-related problem.
that's more of a music theory/composition-related problem me thinks

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Apr. 30th, 2013 @ 02:12 AM Reply

At 4/24/13 08:20 AM, Breed wrote: Patcher unstable as all fuck in fl11 demos.

Sorry for doubting you jpcarebear.

Wait, why did they not fix it before releasing 11?

the fuuuuuuuuuck

because they are poopie faces

poom3619
poom3619
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Apr. 30th, 2013 @ 09:58 AM Reply

Noob Question. I love to use keyboard to testing sound and, sometime, making melody. But I don't know how to change the "range" of testing keyboard. It's causing problem to me in Acoustic Guitar which half of it can't be played due to lack of sound., and lower pitch sound pretty good but I can't play it naturally :(

Working toward Trance Music that can more or less cure Depression. But stucked. :(
Advice needed via PM.

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Apr. 30th, 2013 @ 10:52 AM Reply

At 4/30/13 09:58 AM, poom3619 wrote: Noob Question. I love to use keyboard to testing sound and, sometime, making melody. But I don't know how to change the "range" of testing keyboard. It's causing problem to me in Acoustic Guitar which half of it can't be played due to lack of sound., and lower pitch sound pretty good but I can't play it naturally :(

do you mean like your typing keyboard? the key mapping on that can't be changed.

p.s. i am gay

seltekkodes
seltekkodes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Apr. 30th, 2013 @ 06:28 PM Reply

At 4/30/13 01:19 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 4/30/13 12:51 AM, seltekkodes wrote: noooo... i was just trying to get tips on some of the more common mistakes made by new people... like missing the melody or something like that
then that's not really a FL-related problem.
that's more of a music theory/composition-related problem me thinks

1 of 2:
Is there a better place to ask a question like that?
2 of 2:
How about where to find free sounds, like a banjo

BBS Signature
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Apr. 30th, 2013 @ 09:05 PM Reply

At 4/30/13 06:28 PM, seltekkodes wrote: 1 of 2:

eh...not sure where

2 of 2:

try Freesound

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Apr. 30th, 2013 @ 09:08 PM Reply

At 4/30/13 06:28 PM, seltekkodes wrote: 1 of 2:

maaaaybe. i dunno what you mean by "missing the melody" though. all i can say is to try and emulate artists that you want to sound like at first and also reference other material for your mixing and songwriting like aaaall the time

2 of 2:

google's seriously great haha!
though you should definitely check out ghosthack's "dubstep" sample packs (they're useful for lots of other stuff too)

also i didn't find any good banjo-1hit samples but there's lots of sample-able recordings if you want to try the cut/paste kinda style. apparently the "Indian DreamZ" plugin by DSK can do decent banjo-ey sounds with a bit of tweaking, too.

p.s. i am gay

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 1st, 2013 @ 03:59 AM Reply

At 4/30/13 06:28 PM, seltekkodes wrote: How about where to find free sounds, like a banjo

Ask in this thread. That thread is dedicated to requesting instruments, whether real or sampled. You won't be able to get your own banjo sounds over there, but you can send a MIDI file or something to someone and they can send it back with a banjo sound (if they have one). I can do that, for example. I have a banjo sound that came with a very expensive software called East/West Ra, and it's sampled from a real banjo so it sounds great.

Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for any Audio Portal-related help.

BBS Signature
poom3619
poom3619
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 2nd, 2013 @ 12:23 PM Reply

What should one know before seriously making music by FL studio? I mean, I can only use synthesizer that involve Piano Roll, and have little idea how can I alter it out of Trial & Error.

Working toward Trance Music that can more or less cure Depression. But stucked. :(
Advice needed via PM.

Cabbster
Cabbster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 2nd, 2013 @ 01:16 PM Reply

At 5/2/13 12:23 PM, poom3619 wrote: What should one know before seriously making music by FL studio? I mean, I can only use synthesizer that involve Piano Roll, and have little idea how can I alter it out of Trial & Error.

Read the manual. Fun Easter egg in there, too.

Anyways it'll solve tons of the basic rundowns of fl studio. If your talking about notes themselves.. Well that's music theory. Should probably know that before seriously making music, too.

[PLUR Intensifies]

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 5th, 2013 @ 02:30 AM Reply

At 5/5/13 01:48 AM, Corbetto wrote: In my latest song pancakes http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/533958
i've noticed that the kick is very quiet in the chorus.
I'm assuming i'm going to have to do some fruity EQing or some jazz but i don't know what to do.

that's one way to do it. Other ways including: increasing the gain in the compressor (assuming you placed one on the kick channel in the mixer), or adding a wee bit of distortion

DjAbbic
DjAbbic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 5th, 2013 @ 04:10 AM Reply

At 5/5/13 02:58 AM, Corbetto wrote:
At 5/5/13 02:30 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 5/5/13 01:48 AM, Corbetto wrote: In my latest song pancakes http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/533958
i've noticed that the kick is very quiet in the chorus.
I'm assuming i'm going to have to do some fruity EQing or some jazz but i don't know what to do.
that's one way to do it. Other ways including: increasing the gain in the compressor (assuming you placed one on the kick channel in the mixer), or adding a wee bit of distortion
pssst... i don't know much about EQing, could you explain on how do it just a bit, pretty please?

If you use FL Studio, it comes with Parametric EQ2. I'm assuming you know about mixer tracks, so go ahead and put a Parametric EQ2 on your synths/percussion.

There is a high frequency part of the spectrum (6/7) and a low frequency region (1/2). Basically what's going on with your kick is that the frequencies of your synths are taking up the frequency regions that your kick is supposed to be allocated. If you want your kick to stand out, lower the frequencies of your synths based on which frequencies your kick takes up.

New electro house/complextro song

I do not swear, smoke or drink alcohol. Oh sh*t! My cigarette just fell in my can of beer!

BBS Signature
DjAbbic
DjAbbic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 5th, 2013 @ 05:41 AM Reply

At 5/5/13 05:16 AM, Corbetto wrote:
Thanks heaps man!

Not a problem. Good luck :)

New electro house/complextro song

I do not swear, smoke or drink alcohol. Oh sh*t! My cigarette just fell in my can of beer!

BBS Signature
poom3619
poom3619
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 5th, 2013 @ 12:31 PM Reply

What is the Effect plugin Edison,Parametric EQ) that's often used by professional music maker? I think I am not using it to the full potential yet.

Advice needed via PM.

CzeryWassierSwizier
CzeryWassierSwizier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 5th, 2013 @ 09:41 PM Reply

Limiters are supposed to limit volume if the input audio clips right?

I have my limiter at 0 db but why is my song still clipping?

I'm a nub.

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 5th, 2013 @ 09:57 PM Reply

At 5/5/13 09:41 PM, CzeryWassierSwizier wrote: Limiters are supposed to limit volume if the input audio clips right?

I have my limiter at 0 db but why is my song still clipping?

try turning everything down a bit lol

but seriously, maybe the master volume fader is above the default level. or your limiter settings are silly (long attack + short release or something)

although you shouldn't be using the limiter at all if your mixdown isn't finished, just saiyan!

p.s. i am gay

Cabbster
Cabbster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 6th, 2013 @ 04:56 AM Reply

Hey.. Question

Once in a while fl gets a weird bug. Usually after working on something for a while. It's most noticeable when playing a really long note ore using white noise. It sound like a non stop lfo on the master volume.. Making it all tremelo in a bad way.. I can usually solve it by restarting my comp but now it's not doing anything. Any ways around this?

it just randomly happens.. Sometimes fixes itself
could be due to CPU load but nothing is lagging but the sounds
i use lots of automations
fl 10
My DBs are not peaking

[PLUR Intensifies]

Cabbster
Cabbster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 6th, 2013 @ 04:13 PM Reply

At 5/6/13 04:56 AM, Cabbster wrote: Hey.. Question

Scratch that.. It's some kinda pc glitch.. Not FL

[PLUR Intensifies]

Tanyos
Tanyos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 6th, 2013 @ 05:36 PM Reply

Anyone know where I could find a musician/singers? I can't seem to find any anywhere on the site, and none are in the Collabinator. Thanks.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 6th, 2013 @ 05:41 PM Reply

At 5/6/13 05:36 PM, Tanyos wrote: Anyone know where I could find a musician/singers? I can't seem to find any anywhere on the site, and none are in the Collabinator. Thanks.

Seriously? You're on the audio forum... practically everyone here is a musician, singers to a lesser extent, but there are a few of them that hang around as well.

Also... why are you asking this in the FL Questions thread?

Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Tanyos
Tanyos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 6th, 2013 @ 05:54 PM Reply

Seriously? You're on the audio forum... practically everyone here is a musician, singers to a lesser extent, but there are a few of them that hang around as well.

Also... why are you asking this in the FL Questions thread?

Sorry, I'm new. >.< This place can be hard to navigate

Cabbster
Cabbster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 6th, 2013 @ 06:21 PM Reply

At 5/6/13 05:36 PM, Tanyos wrote: Anyone know where I could find a musician/singers? I can't seem to find any anywhere on the site, and none are in the Collabinator. Thanks.

Browse the audio portal for the genre you want and if you find an artist you like, pm them asking to collab. I've browsed the collaborator tool myself(for art) but most of them are for hire.

[PLUR Intensifies]

Tanyos
Tanyos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 6th, 2013 @ 06:22 PM Reply

Browse the audio portal for the genre you want and if you find an artist you like, pm them asking to collab. I've browsed the collaborator tool myself(for art) but most of them are for hire.

K thanks

Cabbster
Cabbster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 6th, 2013 @ 07:25 PM Reply

At 5/6/13 06:22 PM, Tanyos wrote:
Wow ohmigash kawai desu-sama arigatou!!!:3

Sigh... 2012ers

[PLUR Intensifies]

Sydonai
Sydonai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 7th, 2013 @ 01:28 PM Reply

Hello everyone guys.
Is there a way to play a sample in the Patcher?

Let's say I want to layer two kicks and some other sounds. Layering them would not be really a good thing to do. Perhaps I'm blind and I can't see an option to do this. Slicex won't work, the FPC is for a group of samples, while I need only one/two. I can't believe there is no option...

Thanks.

bolisa
bolisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 7th, 2013 @ 01:33 PM Reply

How can you get a Vst from the internet plugged in in Fl studio 9???

SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 7th, 2013 @ 01:59 PM Reply

At 5/7/13 01:28 PM, Sydonai wrote: Hello everyone guys.

Let's say I want to layer two kicks and some other sounds. Layering them would not be really a good thing to do. Perhaps I'm blind and I can't see an option to do this. Slicex won't work, the FPC is for a group of samples, while I need only one/two. I can't believe there is no option...

Thanks.

You want to layer two kicks and some other sounds without layering them? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 7th, 2013 @ 02:03 PM Reply

At 5/7/13 01:59 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote:
At 5/7/13 01:28 PM, Sydonai wrote: Hello everyone guys.

Thanks.
You want to layer two kicks and some other sounds without layering them? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

There's something called "layer" where you can select multiple sounds and make them play at the same time.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

Sydonai
Sydonai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 7th, 2013 @ 02:28 PM Reply

I know there is the Layer option (so that I also mentioned it in the post), but I would like to have a better control over everything, a thing that one can do in Patcher.

Ok let's put the question in another way: how does one load a sample in Patcher? Slicex, FPC and Wave Traveller can't do the trick.

Thank both for the fast answers

SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 7th, 2013 @ 02:58 PM Reply

At 5/7/13 02:03 PM, Envy wrote:
There's something called "layer" where you can select multiple sounds and make them play at the same time.

I'm aware of what layering is, Envy, thanks though.

Checking Patcher a bit, I don't see an option to load a sampler - why doesn't Wave Traveler work?

Unless you're trying to make a pitched instrument, I don't see why you can't use it for a drum. Just set the speed of the "travelling" to what it normally is in the sample. I'm not sure what exactly that is, because I'm pretty sure that it varies with the instrument, but I think you could probably do it. ^_^ Might take awhile though.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature