New Topic Respond to this Topic
Step
Step
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jan. 3rd, 2013 @ 08:13 AM Reply

At 1/3/13 08:00 AM, DjAbbic wrote: Thanks for the reply :) (it made sense, don't worry).

You're welcome.

Do you know of any way at all to enable ASIO4ALL for use outside of FL or is it exclusive to FL only?

No idea.

Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for any Audio Portal-related help.

BBS Signature
DjAbbic
DjAbbic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jan. 3rd, 2013 @ 06:50 PM Reply

The thing is, when I mix using ASIO4ALL, the mix sounds very clean and crisp, but when I go to export it in mp3 format, or even listen to the mix using my Primary Sound Driver, it sounds terrible. I've done some research, and I learnt that ASIO4ALL or my Primary Sound Driver should have zero effect on the exporting quality, which leads me to think that there is a problem with my Primary Sound Driver.

In other forums, it has been suggested that it is probably the mastering of the track which makes it sound bad, but I don't understand why it sounds so good in ASIO4ALL if it is badly mastered.

If anyone has any insight into this, I would greatly appreciate it.

New electro house song

I do not swear, smoke or drink alcohol. Oh sh*t! My cigarette just fell in my can of beer!

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jan. 3rd, 2013 @ 07:09 PM Reply

At 1/3/13 06:50 PM, DjAbbic wrote: The thing is, when I mix using ASIO4ALL, the mix sounds very clean and crisp, but when I go to export it in mp3 format, or even listen to the mix using my Primary Sound Driver, it sounds terrible. I've done some research, and I learnt that ASIO4ALL or my Primary Sound Driver should have zero effect on the exporting quality, which leads me to think that there is a problem with my Primary Sound Driver.

In other forums, it has been suggested that it is probably the mastering of the track which makes it sound bad, but I don't understand why it sounds so good in ASIO4ALL if it is badly mastered.

It doesn't make sense to say that bad mastering is the problem because if it was then you should also be able to hear the bad quality in FL with ASIO4ALL on. First off, make sure you're exporting at a proper quality; make sure the bitrate is well above 128 Kbps, the sampling rate is sufficiently high, etc... You've been using FL for a while now though so I doubt that's the problem.

What might be the problem is that the Primary Sound Driver's buffer length is too low. It should be high enough for you not to hear any crackling noises (called underruns) but not much higher than that. So basically start at a really low buffer length, play your song in FL, and slowly increase it until the underruns count stops increasing (and consequently you stop hearing crackling in your audio).

However, again, I doubt that's the problem too; unless by "sounds terrible" you mean "covered with crackling noises". It also doesn't explain how an MP3 export also sounds terrible (although looking into this video might help in that department). When I switch from ASIO4ALL to Primary Sound Driver, the only noteworthy difference I see is that FL runs a whole lot slower and crashes a lot more. No audible decreases in quality, at least for me. To be honest this sounds a lot like a soundcard problem, and if the bad quality is really bugging you a lot, the only advice I can give you is to buy a new soundcard, which isn't very helpful and may not even fix the problem.

So yeah I'm not being very useful, sorry :(.

Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54

BBS Signature
jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jan. 3rd, 2013 @ 07:10 PM Reply

At 1/3/13 06:50 PM, DjAbbic wrote:

this can happen you have way too much clipping, especially in lower regions.

WAV exports and daws can handle it but compressed formats cannot

DjAbbic
DjAbbic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jan. 3rd, 2013 @ 07:38 PM Reply

At 1/3/13 07:09 PM, Step wrote: However, again, I doubt that's the problem too; unless by "sounds terrible" you mean "covered with crackling noises". It also doesn't explain how an MP3 export also sounds terrible (although looking into this video might help in that department). When I switch from ASIO4ALL to Primary Sound Driver, the only noteworthy difference I see is that FL runs a whole lot slower and crashes a lot more.

Firstly, thank you guys for quick replies :)

For me, when I switch from ASIO4ALL to my Primary Sound Driver, the mix sounds very compressed.

As for jpbear's reply, I'm not getting any clipping with the ASIO4ALL driver nor the Primary Sound Driver (I assume clipping means that the track's volume starts going into the red)

New electro house song

I do not swear, smoke or drink alcohol. Oh sh*t! My cigarette just fell in my can of beer!

BBS Signature
DjAbbic
DjAbbic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jan. 3rd, 2013 @ 07:41 PM Reply

At 1/3/13 07:38 PM, DjAbbic wrote: Firstly, thank you guys for quick replies :)

For me, when I switch from ASIO4ALL to my Primary Sound Driver, the mix sounds very compressed.

As for jpbear's reply, I'm not getting any clipping with the ASIO4ALL driver nor the Primary Sound Driver (I assume clipping means that the track's volume starts going into the red)

Sorry for the double post but I think I should say this as well, when playing a wav copy(in itunes, if it makes any difference), it still does not sound the same as what it sounds like inside FL Studio with ASIO4ALL active.

New electro house song

BBS Signature
DjAbbic
DjAbbic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jan. 13th, 2013 @ 04:41 PM Reply

Ok, I guess I figured it out. I had forgotten that I had a compressor on the master channel (for god knows what) and my mix indeed was clipping, so sorry about that jpbear :S. After I fixed the clipping, the track sounded the same using either driver. There is still a difference between the mp3 export and the project within FL, but I think it's because mp3 loses quality during exporting/rendering based on what I have researched.

So thanks for the help guys :)

New electro house song

BBS Signature
GershBeats
GershBeats
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 02:21 AM Reply

I asked a question a while back about tempo changes and forgot to respond here and I just wanted to say thanks to everyone how gave insight!

With regards to the mp3 sounding different from the in-DAW sound, that shouldn't really happen, or at least, not to the extent that it would be noticeable! Here's a problem I had (and fixed):

I quit using fruityloops for a few months because I had discovered the joys of ASIO4ALL, made a bunch of songs, but when I rendered them they sounded awful; high frequencies overtaking the entire song when they were too loud, and low frequencies being nearly non-existent. Going back to primary driver was painful, so I called it quits.

Then one day for some reason I tried uninstalling the Beats Audio that was preinstalled on my hp. Rendering worked perfectly from then on. My computer is so dumb though, that it automatically reinstalls beats when I restart, so I have to uninstall it each time I render. Beats Audio is the shittiest program of all time; I looked online for how to uninstall it permanently, and it can't be done without a major rework to the computer's software framework.

But there ya go. If beats audio is running, it'll mess your rendered song up BADLY. You've got to open device manager, find its driver, and uninstall it, then render. Simply disabling Beats Audio doesn't even work (I tried). You've gotta uninstall, then render.

phew.

Chemich
Chemich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 10:07 AM Reply

why do you posers still use the lego blocks?

STEP. IT. UP.

GET SANIC FAST.

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

BBS Signature
steinbock01
steinbock01
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jan. 21st, 2013 @ 09:42 AM Reply

Hello Everyone! :)

what a great forum/topic!

I've been browsing a little but couldn't go through all 199 pages. I just started out using FL and I'm pretty lost.
Bear with me, but my first questions are:

1. It says on the box, I should have 2048 samples, but I feel like I do not have that many samples (FL 10). How do I activate all samples to be usable for me? do you think I did something wrong during installation? When starting it, the little icon on the windows tool bar (bottom right, next to time and date) is always set to 512 when I start it up.

2. I'm looking for a variation of trumpet sounds, but I cannot find any trumpet or horn sounds (etc) except for 1, which doesn't sound much like a trumpet. Are there none in FL or did I just not load/find them (if so, where are they)?

Thank you very much in advance for the input!

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jan. 21st, 2013 @ 10:05 AM Reply

At 1/21/13 09:42 AM, steinbock01 wrote: 1. It says on the box, I should have 2048 samples, but I feel like I do not have that many samples (FL 10). How do I activate all samples to be usable for me? do you think I did something wrong during installation? When starting it, the little icon on the windows tool bar (bottom right, next to time and date) is always set to 512 when I start it up.

hooooooo boy
not sure if you're joking or not and if you're not then it's way too much to explain properly

but basically "samples" can mean the length of your "audio buffer" - less samples means shorter buffer, which means less lag at the expense of increased CPU usage. the 512 samples or 2048 samples thing has nothing to do with the number of preset sounds that come with the program

2. I'm looking for a variation of trumpet sounds, but I cannot find any trumpet or horn sounds (etc) except for 1, which doesn't sound much like a trumpet. Are there none in FL or did I just not load/find them (if so, where are they)?

maybe some of these soundfonts will be good (i don't think i've used them before) but you will need a third party soundfont player if you only have the demo version of the fruity soundfont player plugin.

p.s. i am gay

steinbock01
steinbock01
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jan. 21st, 2013 @ 12:28 PM Reply

At 1/21/13 10:05 AM, midimachine wrote:
At 1/21/13 09:42 AM, steinbock01 wrote: 1. It says on the box, I should have 2048 samples, but I feel like I do not have that many samples (FL 10). How do I activate all samples to be usable for me? do you think I did something wrong during installation? When starting it, the little icon on the windows tool bar (bottom right, next to time and date) is always set to 512 when I start it up.
hooooooo boy
not sure if you're joking or not and if you're not then it's way too much to explain properly

but basically "samples" can mean the length of your "audio buffer" - less samples means shorter buffer, which means less lag at the expense of increased CPU usage. the 512 samples or 2048 samples thing has nothing to do with the number of preset sounds that come with the program

maybe some of these soundfonts will be good (i don't think i've used them before) but you will need a third party soundfont player if you only have the demo version of the fruity soundfont player plugin.

ahh... now That makes sense.. Thanks a lot!! :D

unfortunately..I wasn't joking, lol. I have no clue of anything, and most of the questions asked here are still a mystery for me as to what they're even talking about at all. It'll obviously be a long way, but I really want to do this. Thank you so much for the input and the link!!! :)))

SoulofT
SoulofT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 04:20 PM Reply

I have a limiting issue with using MIDI stuff in FL Studio. I'll use an example for it: when I use EDIROL orchestral, I have 9 different MIDI outputs set. Is there any way I can assign each MIDI separately to its own mixer channel?

Also, is there anyway to go over 99 mixer channels...?

SkyeWintrest
SkyeWintrest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 05:13 PM Reply

At 2/2/13 04:20 PM, SoulofT wrote: I have a limiting issue with using MIDI stuff in FL Studio. I'll use an example for it: when I use EDIROL orchestral, I have 9 different MIDI outputs set. Is there any way I can assign each MIDI separately to its own mixer channel?

What I've noticed with Edirol is that it appears to have 4 outputs. In other words, it can route to 4 different mixer channels, as far as I know. The way I've gotten around that is to export each instrument individually, then route the .wav files into the mixer. Be careful though! If you leave Edirol on over the .wav files, it sounds really weird. Could be used as an effect, but most times you won't want it.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
SkyeWintrest
SkyeWintrest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 05:18 PM Reply

At 2/2/13 04:20 PM, SoulofT wrote: I have a limiting issue with using MIDI stuff in FL Studio. I'll use an example for it: when I use EDIROL orchestral, I have 9 different MIDI outputs set. Is there any way I can assign each MIDI separately to its own mixer channel?

What I've noticed with Edirol is that it appears to have 4 outputs. In other words, it can route to 4 different mixer channels, as far as I know. The way I've gotten around that is to export each instrument individually, then route the .wav files into the mixer. Be careful though! If you leave Edirol on over the .wav files, it sounds really weird. Could be used as an effect, but most times you won't want it.

Stuff.

BBS Signature
SkyeWintrest
SkyeWintrest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 05:20 PM Reply

Sorry about that. Errors decided to force me to post twice. :|

Stuff.

BBS Signature
SoulofT
SoulofT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 05:21 PM Reply

Seems like a decent solution, but I usually dislike exporting patterns separately as I might want to change them/ parts of them later on. But if there's no other way then I guess it's a solution ^^

SkyeWintrest
SkyeWintrest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 05:34 PM Reply

At 2/2/13 05:21 PM, SoulofT wrote: Seems like a decent solution, but I usually dislike exporting patterns separately as I might want to change them/ parts of them later on. But if there's no other way then I guess it's a solution ^^

On the plus side, you can just mute the edirol sections and then edit them later if it doesn't work out.

Stuff.

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 03:28 AM Reply

I've got a problem that I've never actually encountered before. This will be tough to explain.

You know the time indicator in the playlist? The one that scrolls from from left to right when you press play. This one.

Usually, when I click on the black bar somewhere, I'll be able to move the time indicator to that position, right? Then, when I press spacebar to play the track from that position, the time indicator starts moving and leaves a kind of 'ghost' of itself at the position that I clicked on, and then when I press spacebar again to stop it, the time indicator defaults back to that position. I don't know if this happens to anyone else but that's what it does for me.

Now, today I opened up my project file, and proceeded as usual, but whenever I press stop, the time indicator defaults back to the beginning of the playlist. Did I accidentally hit a setting that removed this feature or something? Because I've realised that I can't really live without it. ;_;

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 03:34 AM Reply

At 2/3/13 03:28 AM, Step wrote: I've got a problem that I've never actually encountered before. This will be tough to explain.

Never mind, I fixed it.

Just right-click on the stop button and click 'Remember seek time'.

Nothing to see here, moving on.

BBS Signature
wandschrank
wandschrank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 06:14 AM Reply

At 2/6/13 06:12 AM, Corbetto wrote: So basically i bought fl studio producer editon recently and it has been working fine. Ever since a few days ago everytime i've opened it up it has been looking odd (See picture)

Any help on how to get fl looking normal again would be greatly appreciated.

You can grab those boxes on the left corner and change their position via drag & drop. :)

Breed
Breed
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 09:52 AM Reply

Anyone have any experience settings up incremental rotaries in FL with NRPN? Such as the endless rotaries on the MPK controllers? The issue hasnt been addressed by any of the FL devs in years and I don't think an easy solution on their side is coming anytime soon.

CrazyCale
CrazyCale
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 11:28 AM Reply

Normally i would be able to change the volume (velocity) of individual notes with the thing in the piano roll but it has disappeared. I've included a crappy picture I made on paint of what it should look like. Any help is greatly appreciated

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 11:33 AM Reply

At 2/6/13 11:28 AM, CrazyCale wrote: Normally i would be able to change the volume (velocity) of individual notes with the thing in the piano roll but it has disappeared. I've included a crappy picture I made on paint of what it should look like. Any help is greatly appreciated

Try right-clicking this bar.

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
wandschrank
wandschrank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 11:34 AM Reply

Or hold the left mouse button and drag it back up

CrazyCale
CrazyCale
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 11:48 AM Reply

Ive been trying to fix this for weeks thanks a bunch.

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 8th, 2013 @ 11:04 AM Reply

I get a feeling that Edison really hates me.

I'm trying to live record a song in Edison. The song is about 5.5 minutes long. The issue is that whenever I record more than 5 minutes in Edison, it will keep recording but it will cut off the start of the song, which means when I m done recording, the first half minute of the song is missing. Is there a way to solve this? (Other than making my song shorter cuz I'm definately not doing that.)

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
MilkyChocolate
MilkyChocolate
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 8th, 2013 @ 11:37 AM Reply

At 2/8/13 11:04 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: I get a feeling that Edison really hates me.

I'm trying to live record a song in Edison. The song is about 5.5 minutes long. The issue is that whenever I record more than 5 minutes in Edison, it will keep recording but it will cut off the start of the song, which means when I m done recording, the first half minute of the song is missing. Is there a way to solve this? (Other than making my song shorter cuz I'm definately not doing that.)

What exactly are you recording?
This was my fix before switching to Ableton Live:

- Export Instrumental as .mp3
- Import Instrumental.mp3 into Audacity (Free)
- Use Audacity to record vocals/instrument over Instrumental
- Delete Instrumental, left with only the recording
- Export recording to .wav
- Import .wav into FL project as Audio Clip.

I know it's only a work-around, but I couldn't stand either of FL's recording methods.

: "Sorry, but 'FUCK.als' already exists"

BBS Signature
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 8th, 2013 @ 11:39 AM Reply

At 2/8/13 11:37 AM, MilkyChocolate wrote: What exactly are you recording?

I'm recording the song as a whole. I'm using a Fruity Peak Controller and I manually need to mute and unmute it because you can't automate that.

BBS Signature
MilkyChocolate
MilkyChocolate
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Feb. 8th, 2013 @ 11:44 AM Reply

At 2/8/13 11:39 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 2/8/13 11:37 AM, MilkyChocolate wrote: What exactly are you recording?
I'm recording the song as a whole. I'm using a Fruity Peak Controller and I manually need to mute and unmute it because you can't automate that.

Wait.. what? Please be more specific. Are you sitting at your computer with an acoustic guitar and a microphone, are you re-recording pre-recorded audio at line level?

Why do you need to mute/unmute the peak controller?

These are all crucial to helping you.

(Also, try using the master record button, and choosing audio, into the arrangement view.)

: "Sorry, but 'FUCK.als' already exists"

BBS Signature