• 6,522 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 10:30 AM Reply

At 10/11/12 09:42 AM, 3picJon wrote: Thanks in advance :)

Tried Harmless?

3picJon
3picJon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 10:41 AM Reply

At 10/11/12 10:30 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
Tried Harmless?

No I haven't...what is it?

ChimeraNoise
ChimeraNoise
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 10:52 AM Reply

I can't run with high latency if I'm trying to play guitar live. ):
Would an external soundcard solve my issue?

BBS Signature
3picJon
3picJon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 11:02 AM Reply

At 10/11/12 10:41 AM, 3picJon wrote:
At 10/11/12 10:30 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
Tried Harmless?
No I haven't...what is it?

Nevermind Yoshiii343, after some Googling I figured it out. Thanks bro!

Cheers :)

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 06:58 PM Reply

At 10/11/12 10:52 AM, ChimeraNoise wrote: I can't run with high latency if I'm trying to play guitar live. ):
Would an external soundcard solve my issue?

yes!

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 10:02 PM Reply

At 10/11/12 11:02 AM, 3picJon wrote: Nevermind Yoshiii343, after some Googling I figured it out. Thanks bro!

Cheers :)

For the record, you CAN make a wobble bass using 3xOsc, but it sounds, like, really low and sine-y (like ones from early dubstep songs). Plus, it's messy as hell. So yeah. Guess sticking to Harmless would do just fine.

yagru
yagru
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 15th, 2012 @ 01:16 PM Reply

At 10/10/12 11:05 PM, Conal wrote: What is this technique stuff called "layering" & how does it make one pro' strandard?

layering would be easier for me to explain by example.

for a lot of my kick drums, i take two samples: one for the pop, the other for the thump, and i play them both at the same time on the sequencer and then go ahead and mix them either on the same or separate channels on the mixer. if done correctly, you can create your own kick sounds, unique to you and your style/track. this technique can be applied to any instruments and is especially fun when working with pads :D

hope that helps!!!!

\|/

BBS Signature
theamazingjamez
theamazingjamez
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 15th, 2012 @ 01:51 PM Reply

Sometimes, when I use FL, the notes snap exactly into place. Sometimes, they slide around. I've noticed that some of my songs work better with either mode. How do i switch modes?

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 15th, 2012 @ 02:00 PM Reply

At 10/15/12 01:51 PM, theamazingjamez wrote: Sometimes, when I use FL, the notes snap exactly into place. Sometimes, they slide around. I've noticed that some of my songs work better with either mode. How do i switch modes?

With this little button here.

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Earstorm
Earstorm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 22nd, 2012 @ 06:23 PM Reply

Alright usually I know how to get around FL and whatnot but lately I was wondering if there is a way to map effect I/O from a single mixer channel to individual keys on Fruity keyboard controller. Because usually it just turns on/off all the outputs at once when they key is automated in piano roll.

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 22nd, 2012 @ 08:24 PM Reply

At 10/22/12 06:23 PM, Earstorm wrote: Alright usually I know how to get around FL and whatnot but lately I was wondering if there is a way to map effect I/O from a single mixer channel to individual keys on Fruity keyboard controller. Because usually it just turns on/off all the outputs at once when they key is automated in piano roll.

So like, C -> effect slot 1 I/O, C# -> effect slot 2 I/O, D -> effect slot 3 I/O etc.?

Can't do this with a single instance of the keyboard controller, you'd need to make a layer of 8 keyboard controllers with a range of one note, then link each effect slot I/O to the keyboard controller. Key presses in the layer will then correspond to effects turning on and off. Dunno how you want them to function exactly, if you want note-on messages to turn the effects OFF you need to invert the controller info in the Link to controller dialog (really easy to do, thankfully!). Honestly, there's almost definitely an easier way to do whatever you need to achieve with this setup, hehe.

Anyway, I made a layer preset and demonstrative .flp for you and anybody else who wants them: http://www.mediafire.com/?j43wqoyzzviiwu4

p.s. i am gay

Earstorm
Earstorm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 23rd, 2012 @ 02:34 AM Reply

Actually the way you said it explained it, its a shame you cant single bind keys to separate slots it would save time.

theinvincibletucan
theinvincibletucan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 04:24 PM Reply

Hey!
I was wondering how I could record the stuff I play in FLoops.
I am mostly using drum loops as a wav file played and my guitar with VST effects playing over it.
I know there must be some way to record everything I actually hear.
Also I'd like to know if there was anyway to disable that the sound stops when I change to another window, internet for example.
cheers

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 05:47 PM Reply

At 11/13/12 04:24 PM, theinvincibletucan wrote: Hey!
I was wondering how I could record the stuff I play in FLoops.
I am mostly using drum loops as a wav file played and my guitar with VST effects playing over it.
I know there must be some way to record everything I actually hear.

open the mixer channel your guitar is playing into and then press grey floppy disk icon to "arm" the channel. put the track marker in the playlist where you want to start recording from, then press the record button or R on the keyboard (ignore the pop-up if you haven't done this before) and then play (spacebar works too).

Also I'd like to know if there was anyway to disable that the sound stops when I change to another window, internet for example.
cheers

in options>audio settings there's a checkbox next to the device selection drop box labelled "auto close device" - make sure it's unchecked. depending on how you've set up this might not help, but in most cases it should.

p.s. i am gay

SpaceWhale
SpaceWhale
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 11:17 PM Reply

FL Studio works on Windows 8, right?

Can you feel it mister Krabs?

BBS Signature
ToxInjection
ToxInjection
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 17th, 2012 @ 08:14 PM Reply

Hey guys, I have a question. I know that you can easily change the volume of certain channels in your patterns by making automation clips and tweaking with it there. I was wondering if I can somehow automate the entire PATTERN and not just the individual channels. I have a drum beat that uses several different percussion instruments, and I want them all to rise in the exact same way. Can I automate that entire pattern in some way? I'd rather not have to make automation clips for every individual instrument to have the entire pattern rise in volume the exact same way.

INJECT yourself with some of these TOXic tunes! Get it, because tox-...I'm sorry:

Newgrounds Uploads | Soundcloud! :D

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 17th, 2012 @ 09:43 PM Reply

At 11/17/12 08:14 PM, ToxInjection wrote: Hey guys, I have a question. I know that you can easily change the volume of certain channels in your patterns by making automation clips and tweaking with it there. I was wondering if I can somehow automate the entire PATTERN and not just the individual channels. I have a drum beat that uses several different percussion instruments, and I want them all to rise in the exact same way. Can I automate that entire pattern in some way? I'd rather not have to make automation clips for every individual instrument to have the entire pattern rise in volume the exact same way.

just route all to the same mixer track (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClM6TDlUryY&feature=related)

if you want to get into more complex mixer chains, look into send channels (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iTpd3MgnX8)

bica1
bica1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 17th, 2012 @ 11:02 PM Reply

Hello,

I am still a little bit of a beginner with FL and wanted to ask a question that I cant seem to find the answer to online.

So when you open FL studio you see the pattern box(where you see the samplers named "Bass", "Clap" ect). Let's say I make a beat and I name it "Pattern A". Then I create a new pattern and name it "Pattern B". When I do this, the samplers are the same but the beats that I have created have disappeared when I go to "Pattern B". I do understand the idea that I have created a new Pattern box, and can create new beats on "Pattern B". I can also go back to "Pattern A" to modify created beats as well. But there is a problem I don't understand........

When I go to "Pattern B" and want to change the sampler(so instead of "Bass" it's "Trumpets"), for some reason the "Bass" of "Pattern A" gets affected as well. This problem also happens when I erase the sampler on any pattern, or mute it. It also happens when I take an existing beat, and then add a note. All the different patterns add a note as well. Is there a way to make it so each pattern is completely different and unaffected by other patterns? I'm not sure why I am having this issue. If you want me to clarify anything please let me know! I am a stumped on this one.

Thanks!

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 17th, 2012 @ 11:36 PM Reply

At 11/17/12 11:02 PM, bica1 wrote:
When I go to "Pattern B" and want to change the sampler(so instead of "Bass" it's "Trumpets"), for some reason the "Bass" of "Pattern A" gets affected as well. This problem also happens when I erase the sampler on any pattern, or mute it. It also happens when I take an existing beat, and then add a note.

The only thing changing pattern changes is the MIDI (aka piano roll) information being fed into the instrument (or sampler as you say, its technically called a channel).

Sounds like you are having trouble understanding the bare basics of FL, I would really advise looking up some basic FL startup tutorials. Do you know how to add additional channels (samplers, instruments) to a project?

:All the different patterns add a note as well. Is there a way to make it so each pattern is completely different and unaffected by other patterns? I'm not sure why I am having this issue. If you want me to clarify anything please let me know! I am a stumped on this one.

The only thing that changes between patterns is the notes the instruments play, this doesnt really make any sense.

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 18th, 2012 @ 01:41 AM Reply

All your instruments for every pattern go in the step sequencer. If you want bass in pattern A but no trumpets, only put bass notes in pattern A. If you want trumpets in pattern B but no bass, only put trumpet notes in pattern B. If you want the trumpets and bass to play at the same time, then place pattern A and pattern B in the playlist at the same point (they don't have to be on the same row to both play).

I suggest looking at all the tracks in the "Cool Stuff" folder to see how they arrange patterns and get an idea for how the program is supposed to work.

p.s. i am gay

DylnMatrix
DylnMatrix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 09
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 23rd, 2012 @ 12:13 PM Reply

Hey, guys. I currently have FL Studio 9 Producer Edition XXL, which I got from a close friend of mine. It's unregistered and I'm looking at getting FL Studio 10 when I get the money for it. Am I going to have to redownload the demo of FL, or will my unregistered version of FL Studio 9 update when I put in the registration key?

Step
Step
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 23rd, 2012 @ 01:46 PM Reply

At 11/23/12 12:13 PM, DylnMatrix wrote: Hey, guys. I currently have FL Studio 9 Producer Edition XXL, which I got from a close friend of mine. It's unregistered and I'm looking at getting FL Studio 10 when I get the money for it. Am I going to have to redownload the demo of FL, or will my unregistered version of FL Studio 9 update when I put in the registration key?

Buy it and you'll get a registration file. Then, download the demo of FL Studio 10, download your registration file, double-click on your registration file to add the necessary records to the registry, and then your demo of FL Studio 10 will be registered.

You can also use this link to buy FL 10 from there and get a 10% discount!

Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for any Audio Portal-related help.

BBS Signature
DylnMatrix
DylnMatrix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 09
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 23rd, 2012 @ 02:34 PM Reply

At 11/23/12 01:46 PM, Step wrote: Buy it and you'll get a registration file. Then, download the demo of FL Studio 10, download your registration file, double-click on your registration file to add the necessary records to the registry, and then your demo of FL Studio 10 will be registered.

You can also use this link to buy FL 10 from there and get a 10% discount!

Thanks for the help, Step! I appreciate it. I took a look at the link, and I still have quite a bit to go before I can afford it, stupid college tuition getting in the way.

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 23rd, 2012 @ 05:30 PM Reply

a new regkey file will unlock older versions of FL afaik

or maybe just versions that were available since the time you bought the license. i should test this.

p.s. i am gay

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 24th, 2012 @ 11:21 AM Reply

So FL studio will crash if you delete a file that was used in a project (when you try to open the specific project)

is there any way to open the project file without accessing the ONE file that I deleted?

Minifrij
Minifrij
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 24th, 2012 @ 02:13 PM Reply

At 11/24/12 11:21 AM, jpbear wrote: So FL studio will crash if you delete a file that was used in a project (when you try to open the specific project)

is there any way to open the project file without accessing the ONE file that I deleted?

That sounds sort of like a problem with your FL, my version just brings up a message that It cant be found and skips it. Try loading a backup from before you put the file in perhaps?

dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 24th, 2012 @ 07:21 PM Reply

At 11/24/12 02:13 PM, Minifrij wrote:
At 11/24/12 11:21 AM, jpbear wrote: So FL studio will crash if you delete a file that was used in a project (when you try to open the specific project)

That sounds sort of like a problem with your FL, my version just brings up a message that It cant be found and skips it. Try loading a backup from before you put the file in perhaps?

Mine just gives a blank sample's channel. Best part, it doesn't even say something is missing. FL 9.

What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 24th, 2012 @ 07:25 PM Reply

At 11/24/12 11:21 AM, jpbear wrote:

This is a temporary solution. Do you remember the name of the file that you deleted? If you do, make a new file that has same filetype as the deleted file (says if old file is WAV, you must use WAV [just make a text file then rename the .txt to .wav]), rename it like the old file and put it in where you deleted the old one. Then go in and change/remove the samples.

Work for me.

What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Nov. 29th, 2012 @ 11:26 AM Reply

ill try the tips thank :)

Psionic3D
Psionic3D
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Game Developer
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 08:04 AM Reply

At 10/15/12 02:00 PM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 10/15/12 01:51 PM, theamazingjamez wrote: Sometimes, when I use FL, the notes snap exactly into place. Sometimes, they slide around. I've noticed that some of my songs work better with either mode. How do i switch modes?
With this little button here.

TIP:Leave it in Cell or Line mode and use the ALT key to slide notes/clips freely whenever you want to add a little offset or tweak something to perfection etc.