New Topic Respond to this Topic
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-10-03 08:26:30 Reply

At 10/3/12 12:25 AM, BB-7 wrote: So I'm using this VST that allows me to load in soundfronts right? Only when I load in two and start to play a pattern everything screws up.

What VST are you using? Have you tried Fruity Soundfont Player?

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
HyperTrough
HyperTrough
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-10-03 13:52:44 Reply

DISCLAIMER: This is not a fucking question. (Also, don't read this if you're offended by swear words on the internet or don't have time to read bitchy, whiny, rants)

Caution all FL Studio customers. DO NOT download the 10.8 Beta. It doesn't load VSTs from your VSTPlugins folder for some idiotic reason. It fucks up your midi, audio and general settings and you have to change them EVERY SINGLE TIME you open up the fucking program, regardless of whether you save a project or not. If you chose not to heed this warning, try not to open up old projects that you are/were working on in 10.0.9, because when you decide that the Beta is rubbish and uninstall it, the projects you saved while using 10.8 will fuck up in 10.0.9 and you will lose your shit.

TL;DR: Don't even think about downloading the 10.8 Beta

lol fuk u

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-10-03 19:06:43 Reply

At 10/3/12 12:25 AM, BB-7 wrote: So I'm using this VST that allows me to load in soundfronts right? Only when I load in two and start to play a pattern everything screws up.

do you happen to be using a free plugin called sfz? i started having trouble running multiple instances of it back when i upgraded from FL 8 to FL 9.

p.s. i am gay

k3ph3r
k3ph3r
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-10-06 04:07:39 Reply

So I finally got my plugin to work with FLS only beef I have now, is there a way to add a fade in/fade out during a step sequence? Since I got my plugin to work I'm overhauling one of my submissions to sound better and I need to tweak some steps with a bit of fading...

thanks in advance.

If you don't evolve, you'll be devoured by those that do.
Feel free to leave feedback, I shall return the favor.
K3

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-10-07 08:03:20 Reply

At 10/6/12 04:07 AM, k3ph3r wrote: So I finally got my plugin to work with FLS only beef I have now, is there a way to add a fade in/fade out during a step sequence? Since I got my plugin to work I'm overhauling one of my submissions to sound better and I need to tweak some steps with a bit of fading...

So like the per-note automation for volume/cutoff in the piano roll? There's a button up the top right corner of the step sequencer window that opens all that stuff up, like so:

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

p.s. i am gay

Nubblecakes
Nubblecakes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-10-07 13:03:10 Reply

I have two issues that aren't about FL studio directly, but they're compatibility issues regarding third party VST plugins in FL Studio.

My first issue is regarding Hypersonic. I love this VST to death, but it has major issues with FL Studio. I kept geting errors when trying to save my project, the plugin would randomly stop playing, and I could even lose progress on songs I was working on that used this VST. I googled to see if others were getting the issues I was, and sure enough, there were. There's a "workaround," but all it does is minimize the chances of the plugin going ape shit (and I use the word "minimize" lightly). It's helped me out, but it's not enough. Has anyone figured out a way to get this damn plugin to work properly with FL Studio? I have FL Studio 9, by the way.

The other issue is regarding Dune. It works fine for the most part, except arpeggio programs/presets. They play fine if you use the digital keyboard in the Dune window, but if you try to use them in the FL Studio Piano roll, you don't get any playback. I've searched high and low for a solution on Google but found nothing. I'm not sure if it's the plugin's fault or FL Studio's fault (or mine, even). Anyone else have this issue?

Afrojonez
Afrojonez
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-10-08 21:19:56 Reply

hi ive been using fl studio for 3 months and i think i have a problem. is this good??

• Tha Feedee King
    Tha Feedee King by Afrojonez

ZACH BURLEY

Score
    4.10 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Modern
    Popularity

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-10-08 22:35:18 Reply

At 10/8/12 09:19 PM, Afrojonez wrote: hi ive been using fl studio for 3 months and i think i have a problem. is this good??
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/506097

yeah your problem is that you're posting your shitty music in the wrong thread

p.s. i am gay

Afrojonez
Afrojonez
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-10-08 23:20:16 Reply

At 10/8/12 10:35 PM, midimachine wrote:
At 10/8/12 09:19 PM, Afrojonez wrote: hi ive been using fl studio for 3 months and i think i have a problem. is this good??
very sick stuff, i look forward to hearing more of your tracks :)

thank you :)

teddygram
teddygram
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Artist
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-10-09 00:34:52 Reply

DAmn Kid..... Best sh** i heard on here.......

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-10-09 01:10:42 Reply

At 10/8/12 11:20 PM, Afrojonez wrote:
At 10/8/12 10:35 PM, midimachine wrote:
very sick stuff, i look forward to hearing more of your tracks :)
thank you :)

you're not fooling anyone, sadly.
Also, how do I cancel (or override) automation clips?

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-10-09 05:44:31 Reply

At 10/9/12 01:10 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: Also, how do I cancel (or override) automation clips?

you can slice them at the point where you want the automation to stop (or start) and then remove the side you dont want. they're exactly like audio/pattern clips in that regard. i think auto clips cut themselves also - that is, when two or more auto clips that affect the same parameter overlap on the playlist the last one to start will have priority over the first

p.s. i am gay

k3ph3r
k3ph3r
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-10-09 06:21:08 Reply

At 10/7/12 08:03 AM, midimachine wrote:
At 10/6/12 04:07 AM, k3ph3r wrote: So I finally got my plugin to work with FLS only beef I have now, is there a way to add a fade in/fade out during a step sequence? Since I got my plugin to work I'm overhauling one of my submissions to sound better and I need to tweak some steps with a bit of fading...
So like the per-note automation for volume/cutoff in the piano roll? There's a button up the top right corner of the step sequencer window that opens all that stuff up, like so:

Didn't know about that. Thanks for the info, I ended up linking the volume control in the mixer for that track, to an automation, and caused the fade in/out from there, but would the method you suggest be good for drawn out notes? Example a violin holding a C note for 2 bars? or is that method more for actual steps? Like, 1/8 or quarter notes?

K3

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-10-09 17:50:02 Reply

At 10/9/12 06:21 AM, k3ph3r wrote: , but would the method you suggest be good for drawn out notes? Example a violin holding a C note for 2 bars? or is that method more for actual steps? Like, 1/8 or quarter notes?

try it for yourself

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-10-09 18:43:42 Reply

At 10/6/12 04:07 AM, k3ph3r wrote:
would the method you suggest be good for drawn out notes? Example a violin holding a C note for 2 bars? or is that method more for actual steps? Like, 1/8 or quarter notes?

You just answered your own question, basically :)
For more complex/longer articulations you need to use the piano roll/automation - also slide notes in the piano roll will work as long as the slide is on the same note as the normal note and as long as there's only one note triggered at the same time.

Slide notes are cool like that, they don't affect anything triggered after them.

p.s. i am gay

k3ph3r
k3ph3r
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-10-09 19:12:10 Reply

At 10/9/12 06:43 PM, midimachine wrote:
For more complex/longer articulations you need to use the piano roll/automation - also slide notes in the piano roll will work as long as the slide is on the same note as the normal note and as long as there's only one note triggered at the same time.

Slide notes are cool like that, they don't affect anything triggered after them.

I'll have to play around with this new knowledge. Thanks jpbear, midimachine. I look forward to how this track is going to evolve. Lol.

K3

Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-10-10 23:05:11 Reply

What is this technique stuff called "layering" & how does it make one pro' strandard?

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
ChimeraNoise
ChimeraNoise
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-10-10 23:05:47 Reply

I use FL to run Guitar Rig 5 through, but I'd like to be able to play along with tracks on YouTube as well as hear my guitar. But I run into the problem of using one or the other. Is this even possible?

BBS Signature
jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-10-10 23:18:05 Reply

At 10/10/12 11:05 PM, ChimeraNoise wrote: I use FL to run Guitar Rig 5 through, but I'd like to be able to play along with tracks on YouTube as well as hear my guitar. But I run into the problem of using one or the other. Is this even possible?

yes, but not on asio4all.

Asio4all only can take one input at a time, switch to your on board soundcard. It'll probably have more latency but w/e

3picJon
3picJon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-10-11 09:42:47 Reply

Hi all, I'm relatively new to FL Studio (formerly known as Fruity Loops) and I'm trying to get some wobble bass into a project. Most tutorials I've seen say to use a the Slider tool and then use 3xosc to get the wobble effect. Only problem is, when I try to use the slider, it will play the first note and then cut off when it gets to the (slidey?) second note. I've tried turning off the delay effect in 3xosc (or at least I turned all the delay levels to 0, considering it apparently doesn't have an actual off button...) but it hasn't worked. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance :)

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-10-11 10:30:01 Reply

At 10/11/12 09:42 AM, 3picJon wrote: Thanks in advance :)

Tried Harmless?

3picJon
3picJon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-10-11 10:41:56 Reply

At 10/11/12 10:30 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
Tried Harmless?

No I haven't...what is it?

ChimeraNoise
ChimeraNoise
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-10-11 10:52:26 Reply

I can't run with high latency if I'm trying to play guitar live. ):
Would an external soundcard solve my issue?

BBS Signature
3picJon
3picJon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-10-11 11:02:53 Reply

At 10/11/12 10:41 AM, 3picJon wrote:
At 10/11/12 10:30 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
Tried Harmless?
No I haven't...what is it?

Nevermind Yoshiii343, after some Googling I figured it out. Thanks bro!

Cheers :)

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-10-11 18:58:14 Reply

At 10/11/12 10:52 AM, ChimeraNoise wrote: I can't run with high latency if I'm trying to play guitar live. ):
Would an external soundcard solve my issue?

yes!

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-10-11 22:02:31 Reply

At 10/11/12 11:02 AM, 3picJon wrote: Nevermind Yoshiii343, after some Googling I figured it out. Thanks bro!

Cheers :)

For the record, you CAN make a wobble bass using 3xOsc, but it sounds, like, really low and sine-y (like ones from early dubstep songs). Plus, it's messy as hell. So yeah. Guess sticking to Harmless would do just fine.

yagru
yagru
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-10-15 13:16:58 Reply

At 10/10/12 11:05 PM, Conal wrote: What is this technique stuff called "layering" & how does it make one pro' strandard?

layering would be easier for me to explain by example.

for a lot of my kick drums, i take two samples: one for the pop, the other for the thump, and i play them both at the same time on the sequencer and then go ahead and mix them either on the same or separate channels on the mixer. if done correctly, you can create your own kick sounds, unique to you and your style/track. this technique can be applied to any instruments and is especially fun when working with pads :D

hope that helps!!!!

\|/

BBS Signature
theamazingjamez
theamazingjamez
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-10-15 13:51:17 Reply

Sometimes, when I use FL, the notes snap exactly into place. Sometimes, they slide around. I've noticed that some of my songs work better with either mode. How do i switch modes?

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-10-15 14:00:07 Reply

At 10/15/12 01:51 PM, theamazingjamez wrote: Sometimes, when I use FL, the notes snap exactly into place. Sometimes, they slide around. I've noticed that some of my songs work better with either mode. How do i switch modes?

With this little button here.

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Earstorm
Earstorm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-10-22 18:23:52 Reply

Alright usually I know how to get around FL and whatnot but lately I was wondering if there is a way to map effect I/O from a single mixer channel to individual keys on Fruity keyboard controller. Because usually it just turns on/off all the outputs at once when they key is automated in piano roll.