New Topic Respond to this Topic
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-02-28 11:20:08 Reply

At 41 minutes ago, Supersteph54 wrote: Never mind...

At 6 minutes ago, ErlendHL wrote: Yeah thanks that actually worked!

Lol, I beat a moderator, how cool is that xD

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
FruityLoop5
FruityLoop5
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-03-06 12:58:39 Reply

Hi guys I wanted to know what is the correct way to install Soundfonts on an External Hard Drive?

I can set a directory folder but it doesn't seem like the same thing. Cuz Fruity has a default sound font folder where it knows everything in that folder are going to be .Sf2 files.

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-03-06 13:17:28 Reply

At 16 minutes ago, FruityLoop5 wrote: Hi guys I wanted to know what is the correct way to install Soundfonts on an External Hard Drive?

I can set a directory folder but it doesn't seem like the same thing. Cuz Fruity has a default sound font folder where it knows everything in that folder are going to be .Sf2 files.

You don't have to put your downloaded soundfonts in the default folder. I have a few .sf2-files in a folder I created on my hard disk myself, and I can easily open them with the Soundfont Player. And I'm sure that the fact that you're using an external disk doesn't make a difference.

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-03-06 13:45:53 Reply

At 39 minutes ago, FruityLoop5 wrote: Hi guys I wanted to know what is the correct way to install Soundfonts on an External Hard Drive?

First things first, hit the 'Reread' button (sort of like a refresh button) on your browser (it's a tiny button with an arrow pointing left, found at the top of the browser... alternatively hit Ctrl+R when the browser is selected). This should make any files that FL missed show up in the browser.

If it doesn't, then make sure file type of your soundfonts is .sf2. I'm saying this because it could be .sfz or .sfark, for instance. Those file types are special types of compressed soundfonts which will have to be opened with the free sfark or sfz programs.

If you're certain they're .sf2, make sure the files aren't hidden in the directory, make sure you're setting the right directory in FL and make sure the site where you're getting the soundfonts from is a trusted source, since it might be giving corrupted files. If you're not sure if the site is legit, try copy-pasting the default soundfont that comes with FL Studio (the string section one) into your new directory and see if FL recognises it.

In the case that none of the above worked... I'm stumped. So... yeah - hope I helped.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-03-06 18:27:18 Reply

At 5 hours ago, FruityLoop5 wrote: Hi guys I wanted to know what is the correct way to install Soundfonts on an External Hard Drive?

Like these dudes just said, you can load sf2 files from anywhere on any drive. The only thing I think worth adding to the discussion is that, for whatever reason, Fruity Soundfont Player doesn't share "favourite folders"with the rest of the program. So if you have a folder full of sf2 files you'll need to add it as a favourite folder in the plugin and not just in general.

p.s. i am gay

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-03-08 12:38:08 Reply

Wassup, I'm having kind of a problem here. I now have a project going, and everytime I import a sample, whether it's from Edison or from the browser, it gets pitched down (3 semitones, to be exact). I've tried to change the resampling settings but there's nothing wrong with those, and the regular pitch knob also isn't altered. Help?

BBS Signature
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-03-08 12:39:39 Reply

At 50 seconds ago, LiquidOoze wrote: Wassup, I'm having kind of a problem here. I now have a project going, and everytime I import a sample, whether it's from Edison or from the browser, it gets pitched down (3 semitones, to be exact). I've tried to change the resampling settings but there's nothing wrong with those, and the regular pitch knob also isn't altered. Help?

You know what, scratch that, I just found out that it was the master pitch knob that was dragged down. No idea how that happened, but anyway, problem solved.

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-03-08 13:35:30 Reply

At 53 minutes ago, LiquidOoze wrote: You know what, scratch that, I just found out that it was the master pitch knob that was dragged down. No idea how that happened, but anyway, problem solved.

That happens to me sometimes and I have no idea why. Once, ages ago, I did a pan flute track of a few bars long for one of Rig's Exquisite Corpses (the second one), and it was required to be in E Major. Somehow my pitch knob was down the whole time and it ended up coming out as G Major instead of E Major (mind you this was a long time ago and I was too tone-deaf to even notice what key I'm in so I didn't notice the change).

Might be a glitch in FL?

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
FruityLoop5
FruityLoop5
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-03-09 05:05:57 Reply

Okay thanks for the help guys. I have a few more questions.

How do I do slides in FL Studio like how the brass sounds and synth sounds slide in these 2 songs? I know there's a way to do it in piano roll with fruity generator sounds but for when you use 3rd party vst's i don't know how to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2a4OuT1OGQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK94RXbReA4

Also do you guys now where I can find sound fonts like in this song? The creator of the beat used sound fonts for all the sounds. But the question also is how do you guys think he got the strings to sound so realistic? What tricks and effects do you think he used? Check it out here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgsPyCLgf-I

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-03-09 08:35:20 Reply

At 3 hours ago, FruityLoop5 wrote: How do I do slides in FL Studio like how the brass sounds and synth sounds slide in these 2 songs? I know there's a way to do it in piano roll with fruity generator sounds but for when you use 3rd party vst's i don't know how to do it.

Usually all 3rd party VST's have its own slide options. Not sure which VST you are using but all the VST 's I use have their own.

Also do you guys now where I can find sound fonts like in this song? The creator of the beat used sound fonts for all the sounds. But the question also is how do you guys think he got the strings to sound so realistic? What tricks and effects do you think he used? Check it out here.

There's a bazillion amount of soundfonts available on the interwebz. Just search for 'string soundfont' or something like that and you can be sure to find something that you like.

BBS Signature
FruityLoop5
FruityLoop5
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-03-11 15:32:56 Reply

At 2 days ago, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 3 hours ago, FruityLoop5 wrote: How do I do slides in FL Studio like how the brass sounds and synth sounds slide in these 2 songs? I know there's a way to do it in piano roll with fruity generator sounds but for when you use 3rd party vst's i don't know how to do it.
Usually all 3rd party VST's have its own slide options. Not sure which VST you are using but all the VST 's I use have their own.

There's a bazillion amount of soundfonts available on the interwebz. Just search for 'string soundfont' or something like that and you can be sure to find something that you like.

But is there a way to get FL Studio's built in slide function in piano roll to work on 3rd party vst's?

Cause I looked around in Nexus for awhile and couldn't find any knob or button that allows you to slide your synths when you play them.

AetherX
AetherX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-03-11 21:18:45 Reply

At 5 hours ago, FruityLoop5 wrote:
But is there a way to get FL Studio's built in slide function in piano roll to work on 3rd party vst's?

Cause I looked around in Nexus for awhile and couldn't find any knob or button that allows you to slide your synths when you play them.

FL's built in piano roll slide can't work with any 3rd party VSTs (or actually any VSTs at all, since "Fruity Generators" or whatever they're called aren't technically VSTs). You'll have to use the good old fashioned pitch knob. Hurray for imprecise automation!

--NG Music -- Soundcloud-- Most Recent Song: Explore Infinity <-Failed audition to NGADM!

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-03-12 02:00:22 Reply

At 4 hours ago, AetherX wrote: FL's built in piano roll slide can't work with any 3rd party VSTs (or actually any VSTs at all, since "Fruity Generators" or whatever they're called aren't technically VSTs). You'll have to use the good old fashioned pitch knob. Hurray for imprecise automation!

That's an option, but the main problem of the pitch knobs of external VST's in FL is that they have a limited reach. In fact, I think it's about 1 semitone.

BBS Signature
midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-03-12 07:19:56 Reply

At 5 hours ago, LiquidOoze wrote: That's an option, but the main problem of the pitch knobs of external VST's in FL is that they have a limited reach. In fact, I think it's about 1 semitone.

Chiggety check yo-self! The maximum is 12 semitones (an octave, for the slow) either side with VSTs, and will sometimes be controlled by a pitchbend range in the VST itself.

BUT for monophonic instruments I would recommend just using portamento, legato or "glide" (basically, an automatic pitch slide between notes). If you need a pitchbend on a chord or after a note is released then use the channel pitchbend instead!

p.s. i am gay

Electronixa
Electronixa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-03-12 07:58:33 Reply

What sounds or VST plugin do most techno artists in Newgrounds use? like B0UNC3?

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-03-12 08:07:59 Reply

At 31 minutes ago, midimachine wrote:
At 5 hours ago, LiquidOoze wrote: That's an option, but the main problem of the pitch knobs of external VST's in FL is that they have a limited reach. In fact, I think it's about 1 semitone.
Chiggety check yo-self!

Eh yeah, that just never works for me. When I set the counter to 48, it still has the same reach as when I set it to 2, only then it reaches its biggest reach much faster, like this:

srry bad quality

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

BBS Signature
midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-03-12 08:18:10 Reply

At 1 minute ago, LiquidOoze wrote: Eh yeah, that just never works for me. When I set the counter to 48, it still has the same reach as when I set it to 2, only then it reaches its biggest reach much faster, like this:

Weird! Does it do that to plugins that aren't Massive?

p.s. i am gay

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-03-12 09:12:38 Reply

At 53 minutes ago, midimachine wrote:
At 1 minute ago, LiquidOoze wrote: Eh yeah, that just never works for me. When I set the counter to 48, it still has the same reach as when I set it to 2, only then it reaches its biggest reach much faster, like this:
Weird! Does it do that to plugins that aren't Massive?

Every plugin that didn't come with FL Studio. It doesn't bother me that much, because there's always a pitch knob or fader within the VST itself, but it would be much easier to work with.

BBS Signature
midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-03-12 20:47:02 Reply

At 11 hours ago, LiquidOoze wrote: Every plugin that didn't come with FL Studio. It doesn't bother me that much, because there's always a pitch knob or fader within the VST itself, but it would be much easier to work with.

Perhaps it's just something they changed in the very newest version of FL, I'm still running 10.0.2 and I can flop the pitchbend knob around with no sweat on any channel. If you open the Fruity Wrapper for your VST and open the settings tab (cog icon), is the "Send pitchbend range" option selected and set to 2? For me it wasn't making any difference - and rightly so since I hadn't set a MIDI input/output port - but you never know...

Nevertheless, pitchbend range will generally be set within the VST itself, anyway.

p.s. i am gay

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-03-13 02:32:06 Reply

At 5 hours ago, midimachine wrote: If you open the Fruity Wrapper for your VST and open the settings tab (cog icon), is the "Send pitchbend range" option selected and set to 2?

I can't seem to find that option... :/

BBS Signature
midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-03-13 06:26:15 Reply

At 3 hours ago, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 5 hours ago, midimachine wrote: If you open the Fruity Wrapper for your VST and open the settings tab (cog icon), is the "Send pitchbend range" option selected and set to 2?

Should be right here, under MIDI

p.s. i am gay

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-03-13 09:33:37 Reply

At 3 hours ago, midimachine wrote:
At 3 hours ago, LiquidOoze wrote:
Should be right here, under MIDI

That option doesn't exist in FL8, which I am using. However I did find this option under 'Compatibility', but when I check this the range still is 2 semitones, only now I have to set the counter to 12 to make it reach that.

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

BBS Signature
WizMystery
WizMystery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-03-19 19:57:14 Reply

With four instances of Kontakt and three instances of Guitar Rig my CPU is pushing past the limit and overloading my soundcard. I kinow these are CPU intensive plugins, but damn - I can't add anything at this point. Normally I would have one instance of Kontakt that includes all the instruments, but since each instrument has its tone set up in guitar rig, I can't do that (I think). I'm already using the extended memory version of FL and have followed every direction to try and improve the CPU load but it still freezes every once in a while. Is there a way around this without having to open a new project file?

tvJohnny
tvJohnny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Art Lover
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-03-19 20:00:37 Reply

At 2 minutes ago, WizMystery wrote: Is there a way around this without having to open a new project file?

Get more RAM / a better processor. There's not way around this.

TV JOHNNY DIAMONDZ ON MY RIMZ

WizMystery
WizMystery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-03-19 20:03:28 Reply

At 1 minute ago, tvJohnny wrote:
At 2 minutes ago, WizMystery wrote: Is there a way around this without having to open a new project file?

According to the task manager, though, I have way more CPU than that. When FL is at 90-100% my entire computer's CPU hovers at around 50%.

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-03-19 20:22:28 Reply

At 12 minutes ago, WizMystery wrote:
At 1 minute ago, tvJohnny wrote:
According to the task manager, though, I have way more CPU than that. When FL is at 90-100% my entire computer's CPU hovers at around 50%.

Which operating system are you using? I use XP 32bit and this happens to me too, even when I set the affinity to both my CPU cores :V (default setting). It IS running both cores though... I think... :V

Make sure multi-threaded processing is enabled in Audio settings, both for generators and mixer; also make sure the "enable threaded processing" box is checked in the wrapping settings (cog icon in the top left of the plugin window). ALSO also if your version of FL is rather old then it won't support multi-threaded processing at all. I think any version before FL9 only works with 1 core at a time, but I could be wrong about that.

p.s. i am gay

WizMystery
WizMystery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-03-19 20:37:16 Reply

At 12 minutes ago, midimachine wrote: Which operating system are you using? I use XP 32bit and this happens to me too, even when I set the affinity to both my CPU cores :V (default setting). It IS running both cores though... I think... :V

Make sure multi-threaded processing is enabled in Audio settings, both for generators and mixer; also make sure the "enable threaded processing" box is checked in the wrapping settings (cog icon in the top left of the plugin window). ALSO also if your version of FL is rather old then it won't support multi-threaded processing at all. I think any version before FL9 only works with 1 core at a time, but I could be wrong about that.

I'm using windows 7 64 bit on a Quad core HP desktop with a 64 bit version of FL 10 and have all power saving settings turned off, therefore it is running at full speed.

Otherwise, all of that stuff has been done already.

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-03-19 22:50:01 Reply

At 2 hours ago, WizMystery wrote: Otherwise, all of that stuff has been done already.

Wacky!

I'm sure Kontakt has multiple outputs in stereo and mono. If you're setting up the tone for each instrument in Guitar Rig and you normally only run one instance of Kontakt with all the instruments in, you could probably still do that and then route each instrument to a different output, and then each output to their respective mixer tracks. All in wrapper settings, under processing.

I wonder if GR has multiple VST inputs?

p.s. i am gay

Step
Step
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-03-20 01:27:44 Reply

At 4 hours ago, WizMystery wrote: I'm using windows 7 64 bit on a Quad core HP desktop with a 64 bit version of FL 10 and have all power saving settings turned off, therefore it is running at full speed.

Otherwise, all of that stuff has been done already.

Also give this a shot:

Tools > Macros > Switch smart disable for all plugins.

BBS Signature
WizMystery
WizMystery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-03-20 16:01:05 Reply

At 17 hours ago, midimachine wrote: Wacky!

I'm sure Kontakt has multiple outputs in stereo and mono. If you're setting up the tone for each instrument in Guitar Rig and you normally only run one instance of Kontakt with all the instruments in, you could probably still do that and then route each instrument to a different output, and then each output to their respective mixer tracks. All in wrapper settings, under processing.

I wonder if GR has multiple VST inputs?

I didn't notice that before... that saves me a lot of RAM on Kontakt. GR has input settings as well, but I have no clue what they mean.

Also tried the smart disable thing, I think I had that enabled already so it didn't work.