00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

662,478 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-08-04 04:17:58

Hey fellas this should be a fairly easy one for you to solve i hope

In massive, how do you make the pitch of just white noise go up?

Also, how do you get slides in piano roll to work for massive?

Cheers people :]

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-08-04 04:48:23

You can't change the pitch of white noise, per se. Basically, white noise is an even distribution of every single pitch at once. If you want to make your whitenoise sound more like hiss or rumble you just need to filter it accordingly.

I don't know if the noise generator in massive has it's own filter, but if not you'll probably just have to have another synth for white noise and filter it seperately (and you wouldn't specifically need massive for that part).

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-08-05 15:50:10

At 8/4/11 04:17 AM, EmceeWhatE wrote: Hey fellas this should be a fairly easy one for you to solve i hope

I've found that selecting a bright noise and using a slow rising LFO on the color it provides a nice sound, the only problem is you may also have to use a filter to control the volume of the lower end.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-08-05 18:18:02

How do you make a whole song of 2 minutes or longer in FL Studio 9 to be specific?

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-08-05 18:27:34

At 8/5/11 06:18 PM, J-Rex wrote: How do you make a whole song of 2 minutes or longer in FL Studio 9 to be specific?

By not just throwing random synths together to create a 10 sec loop like you do.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-08-05 18:30:45

At 8/4/11 04:17 AM, EmceeWhatE wrote: Hey fellas this should be a fairly easy one for you to solve i hope

for sliding you need to go into the voices box and play with the 6 selections to the far left side, till u get what u want the sliding to sound like.

http://soundcloud.com/timarbury PM me here or there if you want to use anything. thanks

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-08-06 04:17:54

Thanks everyone this all helped heaps, this thread never lets me down :)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-08-06 16:33:56

Sound Card Problem:

So it seems that I cannot use ASIO when I am making music because whenever I select ASIO, everything mutes, which is bad for production.

So I've always used my built-in soundcard which works fine for making productions, but I have always had this problem. When using my built-in soundcard, I never fail to get this rapid peak/drop in my processing. This is happening many times a second and it always happens. My productions still generally run fine but I'm curious as to why this rapid fluctuation happens. I assume it has something to do with running FL on Windows 7 because I've only had this problem on Windows 7 computers.

Anyone have any ideas, and if so, how to stop it? Thanks.

Check out Morphone music on my page and on Youtube. All varieties of music here.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-08-06 16:38:22

At 7/4/11 07:33 PM, sweet21 wrote: Hey guys! I need your help. How did this guy put all those instruments in DL_bassline? I opened it and all I keep getting are F#1, G1 etc. and they are all the same thing with different velocities. I can't make drum rhythms alone, so this method seems the best for me. I really need to figure out how he did this.

What he is doing is right clicking the sample and opening it in Fruity Slicex. That, or Fruity Slicer. Either will result in the same thing. That's all really.

Check out Morphone music on my page and on Youtube. All varieties of music here.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-08-06 16:40:46

At 7/15/11 11:14 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: What other options do I have short of buying Receptor to reduce CPU usage? It's starting to effect my ability to work for clients which is no bueno.

Simple: Get a better sound card / audio interface.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-08-06 16:47:52

At 8/6/11 04:33 PM, Morphone wrote: Sound Card Problem:

Oh, and that only tends to happen when I increase the latency.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-08-07 17:17:14

At 8/6/11 04:47 PM, Morphone wrote:

Have you tried increasing your buffer?

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-08-08 02:33:57

At 8/7/11 05:17 PM, LiquidOoze wrote:

THere is no buffer option for the built-in soundcard.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-08-08 05:47:13

At 8/8/11 02:33 AM, Morphone wrote:

He's probably talking about this one, i.e. the big slider thing. I've never not seen it there.

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-08-08 06:24:00

At 8/8/11 05:47 AM, midimachine wrote:
At 8/8/11 02:33 AM, Morphone wrote:
He's probably talking about this one, i.e. the big slider thing. I've never not seen it there.

No he's right, some soundcard don't have a buffer slider because they have their own standard buffer length. For ASIO it is 12 ms if I'm not mistaken.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-08-08 10:05:10

At 8/8/11 06:24 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: No he's right, some soundcard don't have a buffer slider because they have their own standard buffer length. For ASIO it is 12 ms if I'm not mistaken.

Hmm, I think the standard time would depend on the ASIO/DirectSound driver and sampling rate.

But afaik if you're not using ASIO4All then the slider should appear.

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-08-08 13:01:52

At 8/8/11 10:05 AM, midimachine wrote:
At 8/8/11 06:24 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: No he's right, some soundcard don't have a buffer slider because they have their own standard buffer length. For ASIO it is 12 ms if I'm not mistaken.
Hmm, I think the standard time would depend on the ASIO/DirectSound driver and sampling rate.

But afaik if you're not using ASIO4All then the slider should appear.

Oh yeah, sorry. When I said latency I was referring to buffer length. I always switch those words. An increase in buffer length doesn't change it really. It actually increases the frequency at which that happens.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-08-08 14:55:20

So I recently got FL10 I know in the previous FLs (atleast in 9) there is a point where you can right click on the playlist to add a loop point. With FL10 it seems like they changed it and I am unable to figure out how to add a loop point? Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks in advance

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-08-08 15:01:48

At 8/8/11 02:55 PM, BlkAce wrote: So I recently got FL10 I know in the previous FLs (atleast in 9) there is a point where you can right click on the playlist to add a loop point. With FL10 it seems like they changed it and I am unable to figure out how to add a loop point? Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks in advance

Just hit Shift + T while in the Playlist or click on the small arrow at the top left > Time markers > Place song loop.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-08-09 12:32:44

Hey all. Quick question about the plugin "Drumaxx". Ive been using Bite Me FG preset to use the subsonic kick that I add Maximus too to give it a hardstyle sound. Only problem is, when I have the kick going, all other sounds (synths and pads) seem to be overwhelmed by it. I tried turing down the channel volume and all that shenanigans trying to even out the noise levels, but no matter what Drumaxx out-sounds everything. Halp?

Oh shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-08-09 12:41:02

I'd have to see the FL file to help you properly, but it sounds like you have a limiter on the master so remove it or reset everything back to the defaults and see how that goes

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-08-09 13:43:03

At 8/9/11 12:32 PM, pieandeggs wrote: Hey all. Quick question about the plugin "Drumaxx". Ive been using Bite Me FG preset to use the subsonic kick that I add Maximus too to give it a hardstyle sound. Only problem is, when I have the kick going, all other sounds (synths and pads) seem to be overwhelmed by it. I tried turing down the channel volume and all that shenanigans trying to even out the noise levels, but no matter what Drumaxx out-sounds everything. Halp?

Drop your mixers master volume until there is no redlining. Then fiddle and tweaks controls from there until your kick is relative to other instruments 'balanced'.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-08-12 13:20:29

Hey,
When i make a song and it has multiple layers, i can't hear the one sound because the other is too loud. How can i change this? For example when i put in some violins the vocals disappear totally.
Thanks in advance:)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-08-12 13:34:34

At 8/12/11 01:20 PM, Connerr wrote: Hey,
When i make a song and it has multiple layers, i can't hear the one sound because the other is too loud. How can i change this? For example when i put in some violins the vocals disappear totally.
Thanks in advance:)

Welcome to the world of mixing. You need to lower the volume of the violins.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-08-14 00:16:49

At 8/9/11 12:32 PM, pieandeggs wrote: Hey all. Quick question about the plugin "Drumaxx". Ive been using Bite Me FG preset to use the subsonic kick that I add Maximus too to give it a hardstyle sound. Only problem is, when I have the kick going, all other sounds (synths and pads) seem to be overwhelmed by it. I tried turing down the channel volume and all that shenanigans trying to even out the noise levels, but no matter what Drumaxx out-sounds everything. Halp

I hate it when aliasing occurs, have you tried the graphic eq and reducing some of the frequency, did you try to use different bandpass filters (low for the kick) (mid/high for the synth lines ) in maximus
(play with all the setting see what sounds best). did you try reducing the kicks sample rate, If you did do all that and it still doesn't work then I don't know all I can say is make a different kick and don't use maximus, try using waveshaper, your graphic eq and your favorite reverb vst

apparently I'm clever enough to declare myself as a dumbass

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-08-16 07:21:07

How do I remove foldes from the browser? I wanted to drag a sample pack there but instead I dragged my whole Documents folder and I need to get rid of it.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-08-16 07:27:31

At 8/16/11 07:21 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: How do I remove foldes from the browser? I wanted to drag a sample pack there but instead I dragged my whole Documents folder and I need to get rid of it.

You have to go onto (persuming you have a PC) Computer/Your Main Hard-Drive/Program Files/Image-Line/FLStudio 8/Data/Patches and then you shall find it there and just delete it.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-08-16 07:58:11

At 8/16/11 07:27 AM, DJHeat wrote:
At 8/16/11 07:21 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: How do I remove foldes from the browser? I wanted to drag a sample pack there but instead I dragged my whole Documents folder and I need to get rid of it.
You have to go onto (persuming you have a PC) Computer/Your Main Hard-Drive/Program Files/Image-Line/FLStudio 8/Data/Patches and then you shall find it there and just delete it.

I've found the folder, but it only contains folders and files that are in there by default, not the once I've ever added.

At 8/16/11 07:52 AM, PSvils wrote: Right-Click on the folder and select Windows Shell Menu, it'll open up the location of the folder right off the bat.

I can't find that option.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-08-16 09:23:52

Options > File Settings. There should be a list of directories that you've added to the browser. Triple click the one you don't want, press delete, press enter. Should work!

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2011-08-16 09:35:05

At 8/16/11 09:23 AM, midimachine wrote: Options > File Settings. There should be a list of directories that you've added to the browser. Triple click the one you don't want, press delete, press enter. Should work!

Yes, that worked, thanks! :)

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature