• 6,586 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Lothp
Lothp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 12th, 2010 @ 01:12 AM Reply

I'm even really sure if this post belongs here but does anyone know if 1.3 Beta Version of Audacity works and is safe. My anti-virus is confused about it haha.

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 12th, 2010 @ 01:53 AM Reply

At 9/9/10 05:52 AM, mmmburgers wrote: Is there anyway to run FL studio full screen, but have it extended onto my second monitor?

At the moment I have it in windowed and stretched to the second monitor. Just wonder if I could have it in full screen some how.

That would probably be really annoying to work with. That is an option with your monitors, not FL.

At the other fellow, Audacity should be safe to dl regardless of version. Its free, its not some cracked software.

BBS Signature
Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud
Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 12th, 2010 @ 03:48 PM Reply

At 9/9/10 05:52 AM, mmmburgers wrote: Is there anyway to run FL studio full screen, but have it extended onto my second monitor?

At the moment I have it in windowed and stretched to the second monitor. Just wonder if I could have it in full screen some how.

When I used to have dual monitors I just set up the monitors and then opened FL and it would automatically span across both screens. It probably has something to do with your monitors and not the program. Adjust some settings in the properties for dual monitors and see if that fixes anything.

Strychnine and cyanide. A healthy part of this complete breakfast.

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 14th, 2010 @ 05:27 PM Reply

question dudes,
when making basses, theres always the couple good notes that the bass sounds full and and the wave remains intact on the display. The farther away from that perfect note, the less explosive the bass gets :(. Is there a way to extend the range a bass synth sounds good at? Or am i doing something wrong.

eatmeatleet
eatmeatleet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 14th, 2010 @ 06:26 PM Reply

At 9/14/10 05:27 PM, jpbear wrote: question dudes,
when making basses, theres always the couple good notes that the bass sounds full and and the wave remains intact on the display. The farther away from that perfect note, the less explosive the bass gets :(. Is there a way to extend the range a bass synth sounds good at? Or am i doing something wrong.

i seem to kinda have the same issue. It might be that our subwoofers has pumped bass at some 80hz. Or maybe it just sounds good arround there

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 14th, 2010 @ 07:23 PM Reply

At 9/14/10 05:27 PM, jpbear wrote: question dudes,
when making basses, theres always the couple good notes that the bass sounds full and and the wave remains intact on the display. The farther away from that perfect note, the less explosive the bass gets

It has to do with the harmonic & partial content of the sound. Bass sounds in particular have a lot of lower end frequencies. Typically we can't hear any sound below 20hz, but more then likely your speakers don't accurately playback that range anyways, so what you are getting is more and more low end harmonics dropping off the audible threshold.

What you will first notice when you get close to dropping off is that it sounds a tad weaker and LOT mushier, thats because theres too much harmonic content at that low of a level(and since they have such a long wavelength and such high energy and are so inaccurately heard, they dont mix well).

Is there a way to extend the range a bass synth sounds good at? Or am i doing something wrong.

Yes there is, have a bassline with a simple shape low end, like a sine or square, and fatten up the sound with low-mid to high mid range other shapes and sounds. This is going to give it the timbrel quality you are looking for without reducing the power and the simpler shape on the low end wont get QUITE as mushy, if it does, you can easily do a layer of synths instead, keeping a simple shape subbass and having it move in parallel motion with your main sounding "bassline" which is more like a low-midline. That way you can lower the low-mid a bunch and just stay in the same octave of sub bass...

Hope that helped, I write impulsively so my points are always scattered.

Numi
Numi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 15th, 2010 @ 06:36 AM Reply

I'm rather confused about this one, I started up FL this morning to work on some stuff before school and every time I mouse over ANY automation clips a Windows dialogue box with a red X appears and plays an brief sound denoting an error of some sort, and I'm given the message "External exception C0000006".

I tried messing around in a new project file in case somehow that one got corrupted - I created clips for different settings in different VSTs, every one still gave me the error every time I moused over it, making them impossible to edit. Any pre-made clips from older project files still work though - I had a slowly rising filter cutoff clip in a hardstyle tune I'm working on, and that still gives me the desired sound. It's not like FL can't use the automation clips. That is evident in that old ones still work. Windows seems to be having the problem here - but I'm not sure why.

If it helps, running FL Studio 8 on Windows 7.

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 15th, 2010 @ 07:00 AM Reply

At 9/15/10 06:36 AM, Numi wrote: every time I mouse over ANY automation clips a Windows dialogue box with a red X appears and plays an brief sound denoting an error of some sort

Reset your audio settings, if that doesn't work, then re-install the program.

FL8 is the glitchiest version ever, you should definitely be using FL9.1 or 9.5 beta. It's pretty stupid not to use the free upgrades for life abilities.

Numi
Numi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 15th, 2010 @ 03:32 PM Reply

At 9/15/10 07:00 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote:
At 9/15/10 06:36 AM, Numi wrote: every time I mouse over ANY automation clips a Windows dialogue box with a red X appears and plays an brief sound denoting an error of some sort
Reset your audio settings, if that doesn't work, then re-install the program.

FL8 is the glitchiest version ever, you should definitely be using FL9.1 or 9.5 beta. It's pretty stupid not to use the free upgrades for life abilities.

=O I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THE FREE UPGRADES FOR LIFE. OH MY- DUH!!!! Thanks man =D A clean install of 9 should solve whatever this problem is. Thanks!

TillDawn
TillDawn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 16th, 2010 @ 09:16 AM Reply

I am pretty expierenced with FL Studio BUT there is only 1 minor thing i haven't figured out yet:
How can i create Automation-Clips with non-FL-Studio-Synths? You know, that little handy clip that automates a cutoff, a pan or so. I am addicted to these clips and i want to use them on my 3rd party Synths as well.

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 16th, 2010 @ 12:17 PM Reply

At 9/16/10 09:16 AM, TillDawn wrote: I am pretty expierenced with FL Studio BUT there is only 1 minor thing i haven't figured out yet:
How can i create Automation-Clips with non-FL-Studio-Synths? You know, that little handy clip that automates a cutoff, a pan or so. I am addicted to these clips and i want to use them on my 3rd party Synths as well.

Are you using FL9 or earlier?

If you are using FL9, open your third party plug-in and go to Plug-In Options in the very top left of the plug-in window(its a little downward pointed arrow), then go to Browse Parameters in that submenu, and from there you will notice that whenever you move a knob it will highlight in your Browser(F8 if its not open) that setting that you are tweaking. You can then right click the parameter in the browser and make an automation clip like normal.

TillDawn
TillDawn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 16th, 2010 @ 12:40 PM Reply

Awesome, thank you so much. :D

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 18th, 2010 @ 08:40 AM Reply

At 9/18/10 08:23 AM, Skeepsis wrote: In the piano roll, the melody loops back to the start at 2, how can I define myself where the loop point is?

It will always loop back to the beginning. The end point is defined by the last measure that there is a note value within. So if you are trying to have it only loop back the first measure, then you need to make sure you don't have any notes that exceed into the second one, even if it's just the tail end of a note.

Dj-tom
Dj-tom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 18th, 2010 @ 10:04 AM Reply

Hi all, i got a weird kind of bug in fruity loops. Some samples in fruity loops affects other samples. So i made a melody with the "Silver saw" sample and putted it in the playlist but then if i play a note with the sample "Digi" (also sytrus) the silver saw melodie and all other things play softer but i want the digi to play in the background. effects also affect those things

Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 20th, 2010 @ 04:29 PM Reply

Full title: Songs that transition from a triplet beat to a regular 4x4 beat and vice versa.

HOW?! I don't understand this! I've been listening to a lot of dubstep and DNB lately, and a lot of the songs have spots that switch from the standard 4x4 beats to a triplet beat. They do it pretty seamlessly too. I don't know if there is something I need to automate or what, but I know it isn't the swing part of the pattern, because that's swing, not triplets.

Is it something special I need to do in the piano roll, or do I just have to create multiple copies of the melodies and beats with half of them set up in triples?

How about you join the NGPD? Just what is the Newgrounds Police Dept.? Click the link and find out for yourself!

BBS Signature
Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 20th, 2010 @ 05:12 PM Reply

At 9/20/10 04:29 PM, Kaizerwolf wrote:

Is it something special I need to do in the piano roll, or do I just have to create multiple copies of the melodies and beats with half of them set up in triples?

Its spacing on the piano roll. You can change the snap to options to make it every third beat, which would be triplets.

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

Darrahtraint
Darrahtraint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 20th, 2010 @ 06:14 PM Reply

At 9/20/10 05:12 PM, Envy wrote:
At 9/20/10 04:29 PM, Kaizerwolf wrote:

Its spacing on the piano roll. You can change the snap to options to make it every third beat, which would be triplets.

Actually, it's 1/3 Beat, but 1/6 Beat is better to work with (IMHO) (Basically, 1/3 is 2/6, so what it does speaks for itself.)

That's what I do for triplets anyway. Usually.

BBS Signature
Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 20th, 2010 @ 06:21 PM Reply

I figured there was a spacing/gridlock thing to it, but I want to know if there is a smooth way to switch between triplets and a 4x4 beat. I hear it in a lot of songs now, and I want to try it myself.

How about you join the NGPD? Just what is the Newgrounds Police Dept.? Click the link and find out for yourself!

BBS Signature
Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 20th, 2010 @ 06:30 PM Reply

i think i asked this before or read it somewhere but i just cant remember, how do you alter tempo on a piano roll? (if possible.. or for what i care the whole song, there are some old tracks of mine i want to remake now that i have better prog and instrumentation but these tracks, when i made them have slower tempo than the regular timing insertions and to make them accurately again without manually making the tempo slower would take ages.)

Sorry if my explanation makes it more confusing.. im a weird man.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. pm me for (free) hire, depending on your project i will make you a ost.

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 21st, 2010 @ 06:19 AM Reply

At 9/20/10 06:30 PM, Calamaistr wrote: i think i asked this before or read it somewhere but i just cant remember, how do you alter tempo on a piano roll? (if possible.. or for what i care the whole song, there are some old tracks of mine i want to remake now that i have better prog and instrumentation but these tracks, when i made them have slower tempo than the regular timing insertions and to make them accurately again without manually making the tempo slower would take ages.)

I don't know exactly what you mean, but if it helps, altering the tempo can be done by right-clicking on the tempo meter, and clicking 'Create automation clip', or a more accurate way would be to right click on it and click 'Edit Events'.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 21st, 2010 @ 09:43 AM Reply

At 9/20/10 06:21 PM, Kaizerwolf wrote:
I figured there was a spacing/gridlock thing to it, but I want to know if there is a smooth way to switch between triplets and a 4x4 beat. I hear it in a lot of songs now, and I want to try it myself.

There's no SMOOTH way to transition time signatures if you're working with electronic music. The smoothest way is the way I showed, through spacing on the piano roll, you'd be dividing by zero if you changed time signatures mid song in FL. The best you can hope for is use a fill or break to transition between them so it seems more fluid.

And as far as 1/3 beat and 1/3 step go, they're pretty much the same but it doesn't change the whole piano roll to look as if its in 3/4. So I suppose your way is easier, I'm just used to doing what I do.

So yeah if you want an EASIER time getting triplets (though it will sound the same regardles and wont help smoothness) then use the 1/3 beat rather than 1/3 step.

Also what do you mean from triplets to 4/4, do you mean something like This?

Because if so, then you'll want to start with your time signature being 3/4 or 4/3 (in my case) and then using the spacing to make it a 4/4 sound.

Wat

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 21st, 2010 @ 09:48 AM Reply

At 9/21/10 06:19 AM, Supersteph54 wrote:
At 9/20/10 06:30 PM, Calamaistr wrote: i think i asked this before or read it somewhere but i just cant remember, how do you alter tempo on a piano roll? (if possible.. or for what i care the whole song, there are some old tracks of mine i want to remake now that i have better prog and instrumentation but these tracks, when i made them have slower tempo than the regular timing insertions and to make them accurately again without manually making the tempo slower would take ages.)

I don't know exactly what you mean, but if it helps, altering the tempo can be done by right-clicking on the tempo meter, and clicking 'Create automation clip', or a more accurate way would be to right click on it and click 'Edit Events'.

What he said... But Im not sure if youre just talking about changing the tempo... Because if you don't know that then... I dont know.

Are you talking about working with the original FLP's and changing the tempo? Because if so... just change the tempo on the project?

Wat

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 27th, 2010 @ 07:24 PM Reply

lately when mixing/mastering, ive been using a multiband compressor(maximus) on just about every instrument, ive heard over compressing is bad, but why? To me it just makes everything pop out, the instruments i leave it out on i hear as dull.

SpaceWhale
SpaceWhale
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 27th, 2010 @ 09:44 PM Reply

Okay, so there's a stutter sound ever time I open a new project. How do I stop this?

Can you feel it mister Krabs?

BBS Signature
Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 27th, 2010 @ 10:10 PM Reply

At 9/27/10 07:24 PM, jpbear wrote: lately when mixing/mastering, ive been using a multiband compressor(maximus) on just about every instrument, ive heard over compressing is bad, but why? To me it just makes everything pop out, the instruments i leave it out on i hear as dull.

you dont want everything popping out, then it clutters the song. You need to leave space, otherwise listening to it is like being stabbed in the ears.

Wat

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 28th, 2010 @ 05:11 PM Reply

you dont want everything popping out, then it clutters the song. You need to leave space, otherwise listening to it is like being stabbed in the ears.

what if im a sadist? :}

GamerMan7
GamerMan7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 30th, 2010 @ 06:13 PM Reply

FYI registered users can find the new 9.6 beta in their Image-Line account, under "FL Studio Producer Edition" tab in their owned products list. List of changes (tons of great ones), can be found in the "What's new" document when you install 9.6 beta.

paradimensional
paradimensional
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 30th, 2010 @ 07:54 PM Reply

I just downloaded the aforementioned 9.6 beta. I really want to screw around with pitcher, so I dug up an old cheap microphone (like an inch long) and plugged it in. My computer's recognizing it as being plugged in, but FL isn't and it's not showing up as registering any sound. I have two of these mics, both with the same problem. Is there anything I'm doing wrong? (other than using some shitty mics)

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 2nd, 2010 @ 03:51 PM Reply

At 9/30/10 07:54 PM, paradimensional wrote: My computer's recognizing it as being plugged in, but FL isn't and it's not showing up as registering any sound. I have two of these mics, both with the same problem. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Check your audio settings, make sure you are using the right driver.

At 10/2/10 03:33 PM, Skeepsis wrote: For some reason, I have no idea why, only one of my channels is actually making any sound.

Make sure nothing in the clip section is muted, make sure your mixer tracks arent , also make sure you dont have zero velocity notes in your piano roll. Thats the only other things I can think of that would mute stuff besides the "Mute 2" plug-in being loaded in your mixer

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Oct. 2nd, 2010 @ 04:02 PM Reply

At 10/2/10 03:52 PM, Jow279 wrote: This is a simple question
1- How/Can i download FL studio free?
2- Is there a tutorial on how to use it here in NG?

1 - The demo IS free. Get it from their website.

2 - Also there are thousands of video and written tutorials. Just google it