• 6,513 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jun. 10th, 2010 @ 12:50 PM Reply

What sort of settings do you have set here? If you have varied sound drivers available, cycle through them and see if anything performs more adequately.

Does FL register the lagging as under-runs or not?

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jun. 10th, 2010 @ 01:06 PM Reply

At 6/10/10 12:50 PM, InvisibleObserver wrote: What sort of settings do you have set here? If you have varied sound drivers available, cycle through them and see if anything performs more adequately.

When I try and use the Primary Sound Driver or the Realtek driver, they're even worse than ASIO. Their retarded mode is different from ASIO's though. The other drivers just lagg less in the less CPU-intensive parts and much much more in the normal or high CPU-intensive parts. Static all over the place and extreme lagging, probably even worse than ASIO's lagging.

Does FL register the lagging as under-runs or not?

When the Priority is set to highest, it does register a few, but when set to High or Normal, it registers around 40 underruns per second, and after around 10-15 seconds, it reaches 2000 under-runs or so.

Settings:

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for any Audio Portal-related help.

BBS Signature
InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jun. 10th, 2010 @ 01:07 PM Reply

Is your soundcard integrated / a piece of crap?

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jun. 10th, 2010 @ 01:11 PM Reply

At 6/10/10 01:07 PM, InvisibleObserver wrote: Is your soundcard integrated / a piece of crap?

Integrated and a piece of crap, although I had the same soundcard when this retarded problem hadn't come up yet and it still worked fine.

Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54

BBS Signature
B0UNC3
B0UNC3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jun. 10th, 2010 @ 01:42 PM Reply

At 6/10/10 01:11 PM, Supersteph54 wrote:
At 6/10/10 01:07 PM, InvisibleObserver wrote: Is your soundcard integrated / a piece of crap?
Integrated and a piece of crap, although I had the same soundcard when this retarded problem hadn't come up yet and it still worked fine.

A4A tends to rape your entire system whenever the buffer overloads (processing power, affects the whole pc).
Is it full duplex or not?
Does this insane lag happen if you'd set the buffer to 8k samples?
Also is the lag as extreme if you run everything with multithreading enabled?

I'm running a DX based full duplex ASIO driver and it beats the crap out of A4A on my intergrated card.
I never lag at all with it. :S

CenterWall | Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter

cgizzle
cgizzle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jun. 10th, 2010 @ 07:11 PM Reply

I just bought a new laptop and downloaded FL 9 on it and transfered all my projects form my old computer on my new one but for some reason when I try to open one of the projects it says Fl Studio engine launcher has stopped working. I did download a torrent of FL but i downloaded a torrent of it on my old computer also and nothing like that ever happened. What could be the problem?

Methreee
Methreee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jun. 10th, 2010 @ 08:53 PM Reply

At 6/10/10 11:55 AM, InvisibleObserver wrote:
At 6/10/10 04:16 AM, Methreee wrote: can you change the speed of a sample in slicex?
Yes.

thank you. that's exactly what i was looking for.

B0UNC3
B0UNC3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jun. 10th, 2010 @ 10:19 PM Reply

At 6/10/10 07:11 PM, cgizzle wrote: ........for some reason when I try to open one of the projects it says Fl Studio engine launcher has stopped working. I did download a torrent.................... What could be the problem?

It means your crack fucked up.

CenterWall | Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jun. 11th, 2010 @ 07:33 AM Reply

At 6/10/10 01:42 PM, B0UNC3 wrote: A4A tends to rape your entire system whenever the buffer overloads (processing power, affects the whole pc).
Is it full duplex or not?

I got Asio4All from here, although I really suck at this kind of stuff so I don't know how to check if it's full or half duplex :C.

Does this insane lag happen if you'd set the buffer to 8k samples?

Asio4All only reaches around 2.5k samples; if I use the other drivers which can reach 8k samples they lag insanely and even worse than with Asio4All no matter how high I set the buffer.

Also is the lag as extreme if you run everything with multithreading enabled?

I don't think so. When I have multithreading enabled, I think it takes a more CPU-intensive part for it to turn into retarded mode, but once it's turned into retarded mode, it's just as bad as if I have multithreading disabled.

BBS Signature
lron
lron
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jun. 11th, 2010 @ 08:25 PM Reply

I was wondering how to get "fade ins" of effects. Say I have a pattern and I want to make a pattern on the playlist fade in. By fade in it I mean a dulled effect and it slowly gets clearer (Refer to example to below)

Here is what I mean, listen to the first 15 seconds and hear the melody, how it fades in oouder and clearer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouBJTv_Oq JA

BBS Signature
aryst0krat
aryst0krat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jun. 13th, 2010 @ 06:32 PM Reply

At 6/11/10 08:25 PM, lron wrote: I was wondering how to get "fade ins" of effects. Say I have a pattern and I want to make a pattern on the playlist fade in. By fade in it I mean a dulled effect and it slowly gets clearer (Refer to example to below)

Here is what I mean, listen to the first 15 seconds and hear the melody, how it fades in oouder and clearer.

I believe what you want is to automate a cutoff filter. Do you know anything about automation, mixer channels, etc.?

DJRAV3N
DJRAV3N
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jun. 13th, 2010 @ 06:44 PM Reply

At 6/11/10 08:25 PM, lron wrote: I was wondering how to get "fade ins" of effects. Say I have a pattern and I want to make a pattern on the playlist fade in. By fade in it I mean a dulled effect and it slowly gets clearer (Refer to example to below)

just look for the fruity fast LP and automate the cutoff and resonance like the last poster stated. It's pretty easy after the first time you do it.

I Am L3O, I Am the only Me there is Nobody Else
L3O's Soundcloud
Reverbnation

kniknoo
kniknoo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jun. 13th, 2010 @ 07:38 PM Reply

Does it consistently and predictably occur?
Consistent and fairly predictable. There hasn't been a decent song I've made ever since this problem started happening which didn't go into retarded mode at one point, and by fairly predictable, I mean that I'm quite sure that when a song reaches a certain CPU-intensive part in a song, it turns into retarded mode.

Random bits I didn't notice above... Is visual smoothing off? No wave candy? Intense dynamic effect on the master? (Soundgoodizer, Maximus, Parametric EQ2) Run the Auto-disable then re-enable for delays, reverbs, or synths with a long release. VST Sample your Sytrus into Direct Wave, or freeze it. Gol built Sytrus to overload even the best of today's computers, given you want to use every feature. I don't know how relevant scheduling the processor for background services is when using A4A. Try using extended memory mode if you have 3gigs of RAM. Give me a bit and I'll try to think of some other overlooked annoyances.

...cheap ASIO compliant card?

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jun. 14th, 2010 @ 08:25 AM Reply

At 6/13/10 07:38 PM, kniknoo wrote: Is visual smoothing off?

Yes.

No wave candy?

Nope, no wave candy.

Intense dynamic effect on the master? (Soundgoodizer, Maximus, Parametric EQ2)

The only effects I've ever had on the master are Fruity Reeverb and Edison, and I rarely do anyway :(.

Run the Auto-disable then re-enable for delays, reverbs, or synths with a long release. VST Sample your Sytrus into Direct Wave, or freeze it.

Sorry, don't know how to do those. I'm no expert :P. But note that in one of the FLP's, I only used East/West Symphonic Orchestra and drum samples, but the problem is still there, so I don't think Sytrus is messing something up.

Try using extended memory mode if you have 3gigs of RAM.

Hm, I have 3.25 GB of RAM but when I use extended memory it's worse. Instead of lagging for like 20 seconds and then working fine for around 5 seconds, it just keeps on lagging without working fine.

Note that I have a CD with Windows 7 that I've been meaning to install. Do you think the new OS might fix the problem?

BBS Signature
InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jun. 14th, 2010 @ 02:09 PM Reply

At 6/14/10 08:25 AM, Supersteph54 wrote: Note that I have a CD with Windows 7 that I've been meaning to install. Do you think the new OS might fix the problem?

Who cares if it does or doesn't, its a way better OS.

Though I'm leaning towards "does" fix issue.

BBS Signature
kniknoo
kniknoo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jun. 14th, 2010 @ 11:06 PM Reply

Nope, no wave candy.

Hit F12 before playing to hide everything btw. That eliminates almost all screen drawing.

Intense dynamic effect on the master? (Soundgoodizer, Maximus, Parametric EQ2)
The only effects I've ever had on the master are Fruity Reeverb and Edison, and I rarely do anyway :(.

Reverbs CAN be intense, particularly on the master with a lot of sub-mixes. Putting one on the send channel can be very useful. Edison on the "current channel" saves having it always listening if you select an empty channel. Make sure Edison's display resolution is 1024 or below unless you're doing detail work.

Run the Auto-disable then re-enable for delays, reverbs, or synths with a long release. VST Sample your Sytrus into Direct Wave, or freeze it.

Tools>Macros>Switch Smart Disable. The option for manually switching is in the menu in the top left corner of every native and wrapper plugin. In fact, get to know this menu, it's where any random guess and check modification suggestions would occur, were I to lend them.

, I only used East/West Symphonic Orchestra and drum samples, but the problem is still there,

I don't know any more than the ad i saw, but if it prefers 64bit but will deal with 32, it's probably rather intensive. I might look for an alternative. Fruity offers a good array of orchestral samples for free and a lot more for a nominal fee... if you have a legit copy... which plug perfectly into directwave. But as I said above, the magic combination of settings that might fix it are in the top left menu of the plugin. Because it's not native, there will be two menus. The one that looks like a gear will be more useful in this situation. RTFM on the Wrapper for details.

Note that I have a CD with Windows 7 that I've been meaning to install. Do you think the new OS might fix the problem?

I would imagine there are as many pros as cons, but I've had the same XP for 8 years. I don't even have a multi-core. You should have every advantage over me and I run intensive plugins at 10ms latency. Do you play a lot with mixer routing? Check the mixer's settings in the top left.

Cheap soundcard with ASIO. Internal or external I'll bet you could achieve that for under $20. Just to see.

We'll get through this.

kniknoo
kniknoo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jun. 14th, 2010 @ 11:27 PM Reply

And one more thing I just noticed when I re-read. I've been too lazy to ditch it, but AVG doesn't always get along with Fruity. I recommend Avast! if for no other reason than that you can completely disable it while you are Flooping and then re-enable it.

And make sure any unnecessary MIDI options are off. "retarded mode" happens to me when I get a little too MIDI happy with my synths.

BlkAce
BlkAce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jun. 15th, 2010 @ 03:50 AM Reply

How can I export/render tracks as a loop in fruity loops? (I don't want that extra silence at the end of the track)

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jun. 15th, 2010 @ 04:04 AM Reply

At 6/15/10 03:50 AM, BlkAce wrote: How can I export/render tracks as a loop in fruity loops? (I don't want that extra silence at the end of the track)

Set the export setting to "wrap remainder". This should resolve any issues.

In the event that theres a spec of space, or its not working forwhatever reason, within the playlist of loops; highlight from the very first bar to precisely where the song ends and should loop. Export the selected area (play setting set as 'song'), as you would normally and wrap remainder.

This basically tells FL precisely what you want to export, and to loop the fade out onto the beginning of the audio clip.

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jun. 15th, 2010 @ 08:21 AM Reply

At 6/14/10 11:06 PM, kniknoo wrote: Hit F12 before playing to hide everything btw. That eliminates almost all screen drawing.

I usually take away all of the toolbars except the transport panel and hide the playlist, mixer, browser and step sequencer anyway when I play a song, to reduce the amount of lagg.

Reverbs CAN be intense, particularly on the master with a lot of sub-mixes. Putting one on the send channel can be very useful.

Yeah, I've started doing that now, but the song I'm using to check if any of the suggestions ITT are working was made a few weeks ago, and at the time I didn't use the send channel. Or rather I didn't feel like using it :3.

Edison on the "current channel" saves having it always listening if you select an empty channel.

Wow that's a good idea, thanks :D. Although I only use the Edison when I'm trying to remix a song so that I can figure out its notes. I just slave Edison's playback to FL and start figuring out the notes via the piano roll, so most of the time the I don't have the Edison in the master channel.

Tools>Macros>Switch Smart Disable.

Wow, this actually helped a lot. It still laggs occasionally when I play chords on the keyboard or when I press play, but it's helping a lot. Thanks a LOT!

I'm still going to try and find out how to remove the problem completely though :P.

I don't know any more than the ad i saw, but if it prefers 64bit but will deal with 32, it's probably rather intensive. I might look for an alternative. Fruity offers a good array of orchestral samples for free and a lot more for a nominal fee... if you have a legit copy... which plug perfectly into directwave.

It is quite intensive, although my system specs meet its requirements. I'm required to have 2 GB of RAM (actually my friend ran it on 1 GB and it still worked OK) and 2.6 Ghz clock speed if I remember correctly, but I have 3.25 GB of RAM and 3.17 Ghz clock speed, especially since my version of East/West is the least complex. Also, don't forget that East/West was working fine for me a few months ago. Furthermore, nothing orchestral from Image-Line can compare to East/West :P.

I would imagine there are as many pros as cons, but I've had the same XP for 8 years. I don't even have a multi-core. You should have every advantage over me and I run intensive plugins at 10ms latency.

I don't have a multi-core either, and the thing is, my XP hasn't been updated for a whole 7-8 years. I'd imagine you run Windows Updates. I can't since when I bought XP, I got ripped off and got a non-legitimate copy which won't update for me.

Do you play a lot with mixer routing? Check the mixer's settings in the top left.

I only use mixer routing for Vocoder and maybe a few rare instances, so I don't really that much.

We'll get through this.

Thanks a lot for all the help :).

BBS Signature
MrFijiWiji
MrFijiWiji
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jun. 17th, 2010 @ 09:42 AM Reply

i have a question ... in fl.. is there anyway that i can add an effect to only the delay of an instrument? like for example? idk maybe i would put a flange or maybe some automating with a high pass filter on the delay but not the instrument ... any ideas?

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jun. 17th, 2010 @ 01:50 PM Reply

At 6/17/10 09:42 AM, MrFijiWiji wrote: i have a question ... in fl.. is there anyway that i can add an effect to only the delay of an instrument? like for example? idk maybe i would put a flange or maybe some automating with a high pass filter on the delay but not the instrument ... any ideas?

Send your instrument to a mixer channel. Send that mixer channel to master and a second mixer channel. On your second channel add a delay at the #1 slot (unless you wantto compress/limit/eq it first). Set that delay to have no dry mix in (FL delay 2 works). Then add flange.

BBS Signature
KingDerekx
KingDerekx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jun. 17th, 2010 @ 08:10 PM Reply

How do you make laser beam type sounds like in this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exVr1xEDq jw&feature=related

xKore
xKore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jun. 17th, 2010 @ 08:53 PM Reply

At 6/17/10 08:10 PM, KingDerekx wrote: How do you make laser beam type sounds like in this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exVr1xEDq jw&feature=related

the laser sound sounds like its made with a sine or a triangle, which has a ADSR envelope on the pitch.

basically open up 3xosc, turn the volume for two of the oscs to 0 and set the one thats on to a triangle or a sine and approx at the pitch the laser its at. go to the INS tab, then the pitch tab under that, turn the AMT knob all the way to the right.

set:
DEL all the way to the left
ATK all the way to the left
HOLD all the way to the left
leave the DEC knob
SUS all the way to the left
and REL all the way to the left

you should have a laser kind of sounding sound, play with the DEC knob to get it right. you might want to click on the TNS above the graph and increase the DEC tension to get it right.

kniknoo
kniknoo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jun. 18th, 2010 @ 01:24 AM Reply

At 6/17/10 08:10 PM, KingDerekx wrote: How do you make laser beam type sounds like in this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exVr1xEDq jw&feature=related

I don't know which sounds you refer to as laser sounds... the opening sounds, which I think have a certain laser sheen to them sound like physical modeling. If so, try Drumpad. If you mean the more elctroish blip laser, play with Fruity Kick to start. There are A LOT of synthesis methods going on in this track. I might have me another listen.

mmmburgers
mmmburgers
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jun. 19th, 2010 @ 04:10 AM Reply

This is more of a plugin question...

But ROM Synthesizers, like Nexus, Hypersonic, and such... Where do they create the sounds from? ARe they sampled from certain hardware, or what?

AMP
AMP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jun. 24th, 2010 @ 03:36 PM Reply

At 6/24/10 02:49 PM, leftBrain wrote: In FL Studio 9 demo version, in the right-click drop down menu of one of my channels, the 'clone' option is grayed out. Why is this, and how can I get it active?

I know it seems like a small problem, but it is making the workflow significantly more difficult. I'm assigning different melodies of the same timbre to different patterns, and the timbre has a lot of custom channel settings made by myself, so yeah... it's a real annoyance. Any info about this would be much appreciated.

Maybe it's because you are just using the Demo? I don't see why they would not allow that function in the demo but that might be the problem. Other than that I couldn't see why it would be grayed out?

xKore
xKore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jun. 24th, 2010 @ 05:03 PM Reply

At 6/24/10 02:49 PM, leftBrain wrote: In FL Studio 9 demo version, in the right-click drop down menu of one of my channels, the 'clone' option is grayed out. Why is this, and how can I get it active?

that shouldnt happen. you could try re-installing.

also i vaguely remember someone else having a similar problem to that, you could try looking through the pages in this thread for it.

xKore
xKore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jun. 24th, 2010 @ 05:06 PM Reply

At 6/19/10 04:10 AM, mmmburgers wrote: This is more of a plugin question...

But ROM Synthesizers, like Nexus, Hypersonic, and such... Where do they create the sounds from? ARe they sampled from certain hardware, or what?

romplers are kind of like synth/sampler hybrids. i know nexus has synthesis capabilities but they are locked, that combined with multisamples, sampled from wherever really. it could be recorded hardware, real instruments, or soft synths.

UncleSqueezins
UncleSqueezins
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jun. 24th, 2010 @ 07:00 PM Reply

I feel like a total noob asking this, but here it goes...

I've been using FL for almost 2 years now and there is always static that plays whenever I listen to my song. But when I export my song, the static goes away and everything is fine, but it REALLY bothers me when I'm making a song.

Is there a way to get rid of the static?

Check me out on: YouTube l Soundcloud l Facebook

Newest song: Goon Squad