00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Arioksu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

662,962 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-06-24 19:10:14

At 6/24/10 07:07 PM, InvisibleObserver wrote:
At 6/24/10 07:00 PM, UncleSqueezins wrote: Is there a way to get rid of the static?
Fiddle with the buffer time, underuns drop sound and make things click in a static like manner.

Thank you so much! :D

Check me out on: Soundcloud l Twitter | Facebook

Newest song: GHOSTS

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-06-29 21:26:33

At 6/29/10 09:23 PM, Cabbster wrote: Why is FL-Chan so awesome/hot?

Because you're 12.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-07-01 15:29:41

Recently, Fruity Loops 5 has been corrupting my files. I've been using it for several years with no problems, and over the past few days, it's decided to corrupt a load of my files, giving me the message: "An error occurred while reading the FLP file.
It may be corrupted, or a plugin caused an error while opening"

Now, I've been using East West Quantum Leap symphonic orchestra, and I would blame that if it weren't for the fact that a file using only the magical8bitPlug3 plugin also gave this error. My questions are:

Why is this happening?
Is there any way to recover the corrupt files?
How can I stop it?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-07-01 16:41:54

At 7/1/10 03:29 PM, Hoeloe wrote: Fruity Loops 5

I think it's time for an upgrade, sir.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-07-01 16:42:33

At 7/1/10 04:41 PM, GronmonSE wrote:

You know, I don't have an unlimited supply of money.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-07-01 17:21:03

At 7/1/10 04:42 PM, Hoeloe wrote:

You do know that upgrades are free, right?

Unless you have a taste in piracy.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-07-01 17:31:23

At 7/1/10 05:21 PM, Zooloo75 wrote:

Since when are upgrades free? A new version is essentially a new program. I'm pretty sure you still have to pay for it. Besides that, I'm used to the FL5 interface, this isn't helping answer the question.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-07-01 18:02:23

I've got a question.

I need to know how to make my sounds "slide," like in this song.

Can anyone help me out with that?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-07-01 19:38:37

At 7/1/10 06:02 PM, RetromanOMG wrote: I've got a question.

I need to know how to make my sounds "slide," like in this song.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 39811
Can anyone help me out with that?

Two methods:
1. Go to the "misc" tab on any Fruity plugin and turn on "porta." There, you can adjust the "slide" setting to make it slide quicker or slower.
2. In the piano roll, there's this one thing you can do. It's best explained in video, like it ishere

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-07-01 20:39:21

At 7/1/10 05:31 PM, Hoeloe wrote:
At 7/1/10 05:21 PM, Zooloo75 wrote:

Since when are upgrades free? A new version is essentially a new program. I'm pretty sure you still have to pay for it. Besides that, I'm used to the FL5 interface, this isn't helping answer the question.

Imageline prides itself in offering lifetime updates for FL once you buy the program if I remember correctly. It should be free.

I'm not going to tell you to download a cracked version of the program, but what I am going to tell you is that the majority of users here didn't actually buy their DAWs for whatever reasons they have.

FL Studio 5 is old and you're missing out on a lot. I highly recommend upgrading to 9, even if you're used to the interface. While it's a drastic change in terms of features and ease of use, it should still be familiar enough.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-07-01 21:06:20

I don't know about you all, but I for one purchased FL Studio legally.

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-07-01 22:44:29

At 7/1/10 07:38 PM, Sirdangolot5 wrote: Two methods:
1. Go to the "misc" tab on any Fruity plugin and turn on "porta." There, you can adjust the "slide" setting to make it slide quicker or slower.
2. In the piano roll, there's this one thing you can do. It's best explained in video, like it ishere

Thanks, this really helped. Hard to believe it was so easy.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-07-01 22:48:26

I just remembered, the first time I ever used this thread, it was to ask the very same question. Small world!!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-07-02 03:03:52

At 7/1/10 08:39 PM, GronmonSE wrote: ...

Even so, the problem remains. Would someone please give me a hand on how to solve this issue, rather than telling me to upgrade my program?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-07-02 04:06:04

At 7/1/10 03:29 PM, Hoeloe wrote: Recently, Fruity Loops 5 has been corrupting my files. I've been using it for several years with no problems, and over the past few days, it's decided to corrupt a load of my files, giving me the message: "An error occurred while reading the FLP file.
It may be corrupted, or a plugin caused an error while opening"

Now, I've been using East West Quantum Leap symphonic orchestra, and I would blame that if it weren't for the fact that a file using only the magical8bitPlug3 plugin also gave this error. My questions are:

Why is this happening?

I don't know. that's really strange that its corrupting several files. try copying your samples and whatnot and reinstalling FL studio and/or removing the plugins/reinstalling for whatever reason that you cannot update, it's worth downloading a demo of FL 9 and seeing if they can load your files without corruption.

Is there any way to recover the corrupt files?

There's a few things you can do

-google "FLPrecovery tool". I tried it on two corrupt projects, 1 it didnt work, and the other it worked but all the playlist, automation, and mixer channel data were erased.
-use the Image-Line FLP diagnostic tool. there's a link under the help tab in FL. I might be incorrect, but I believe this was the program that allowed you to load project files while given the option to disable potential faulty plugins, so this may be particularly useful in your case.
-Post your corrupt file on the image line forum
-This might be a bit out of reach and not worth the effort, but you could try manually editing the project file headers with a hex editor and by comparing the differences between a corrupt and non-corrupt file. there should be a topic about this on the OCRemix forum.

How can I stop it?

-again, reinstalling FL and other plugins. Don't be reluctant to update, later versions are very similar to 5 & 6 (6 atleast) and it wont hinder your workflow.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-07-02 04:33:45

At 7/2/10 04:06 AM, S3C wrote: -google "FLPrecovery tool". I tried it on two corrupt projects, 1 it didnt work, and the other it worked but all the playlist, automation, and mixer channel data were erased.

This worked for one of the four currently corrupt projects I have, and the smallest at that, the others, however, it had no effect on.

-use the Image-Line FLP diagnostic tool. there's a link under the help tab in FL. I might be incorrect, but I believe this was the program that allowed you to load project files while given the option to disable potential faulty plugins, so this may be particularly useful in your case.

For some reason, this button seems to do nothing.

-Post your corrupt file on the image line forum

I'd rather not go to that length, since some of these files are kept behind closed doors for a good reason. However, if it comes to this, I may have to.

-This might be a bit out of reach and not worth the effort, but you could try manually editing the project file headers with a hex editor and by comparing the differences between a corrupt and non-corrupt file. there should be a topic about this on the OCRemix forum.

I cannot hex edit to save my life.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-07-02 06:30:44

We're making a song for Robot Day (by we I mean Supersteph54 and I) and we've come in need of automating a WAV file in pitch and tempo, (making them lower in pitch and tempo).

Now, this would be easy - just automate the master pitch and tempo, but the problem is that the wav file automatically shortens itself to match with its original tempo. We tried to automate the 'Time' and 'Pitch' knob in the Time Stretching section of the Channel Settings, but it didn't work.
If there was any way to automate the Time and Pitch knobs in the Channel settings, or even better to make the WAV file not shorten itself to stick to its original tempo, then that would really help.

We can't really do otherwise; we really need to get this to work since we plan on ending the song by making its vocals and background music slow down in pitch and tempo, as if a robot's batteries are slowly dying, but we can't automate the vocals. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

-Darklight17

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-07-02 09:43:32

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could find some nice FL Studio skins, or at least link me to some good ones. All the sites Google comes up with are either outdated or down for maintenance. Can anybody help me out here?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-07-02 10:00:21

At 7/2/10 09:43 AM, Sirdangolot5 wrote: I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could find some nice FL Studio skins, or at least link me to some good ones. All the sites Google comes up with are either outdated or down for maintenance. Can anybody help me out here?

This is a forum discussion where a lot of developers post up new skins. Most of them are free, but you can't download them without signing up for the forums(which is also free).

There also used to be a site dedicated to these same developers but I can't seem to find it. Sorry.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-07-02 11:08:18

At 7/2/10 10:00 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote:

This is a forum discussion where a lot of developers post up new skins. Most of them are free, but you can't download them without signing up for the forums(which is also free).

There also used to be a site dedicated to these same developers but I can't seem to find it. Sorry.

Oh hey, it's no longer down for maintenance! I was gonna check there later today, but thanks anyhow for saving me a few hours.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-07-03 17:58:59

Hey, I need some help with sidechaining :/. I just wanna' know which method will give me a clean result since the way I'm doing it at the moment (With the peak controller and mixer track volume) creates a sort of pop everytime it ducks and it's starting to screw with my kick. Thanks.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-07-04 04:26:01

At 7/3/10 05:58 PM, Nechura wrote: Hey, I need some help with sidechaining :/. I just wanna' know which method will give me a clean result since the way I'm doing it at the moment (With the peak controller and mixer track volume) creates a sort of pop everytime it ducks and it's starting to screw with my kick. Thanks.

2 Mixer channels, one for chained instrument, one for kick volume. Peak control on the kick, usually inversing the link on w/e knob you automate (or chain), a filter freq being automated instead of volume has a nice effect. Make sure your peak control is placed in a logical spot in your mixer. IE before some huge reverb. Play with the decay and tension on the peak control to help shape the chain automations undulating.

Is the pop present only in live playback, or in mp3/wav exports too? I've personally never had ay issues with what you've outlined.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-07-04 19:58:28

Where should a beginner start? I need to learn this program through and through so I'm looking for some direction. Most of the tutorials I've found thus far are of poor quality, so if someone could point me in the direction of a solid guide or learning resource I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-07-04 21:10:46

At 7/4/10 07:58 PM, Ampoule wrote: Where should a beginner start? I need to learn this program through and through so I'm looking for some direction. Most of the tutorials I've found thus far are of poor quality, so if someone could point me in the direction of a solid guide or learning resource I'd be very appreciative.

This book did wonders for me, it's a bit quick paced but it goes over EVERYTHING

Thanks!

NP

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-07-04 23:25:58

Circular Panning Law?

Should i leave it on or should I turn it off? What does it do exactly. The only immediate difference is that my track gets louder and i have to remix the track.

Can someone tell me what it means cuz the videos I saw on youtube didn't help me cuz the comments contradicted the video.

So what do you use and what is your reasoning?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-07-05 03:46:26

At 7/2/10 06:30 AM, Darklight17 wrote: We're making a song for Robot Day (by we I mean Supersteph54 and I) and we've come in need of automating a WAV file in pitch and tempo, (making them lower in pitch and tempo).

Please, can someone help us out here. We need to know before Robot Day.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-07-05 05:17:21

At 7/5/10 03:46 AM, Supersteph54 wrote:
At 7/2/10 06:30 AM, Darklight17 wrote: We're making a song for Robot Day (by we I mean Supersteph54 and I) and we've come in need of automating a WAV file in pitch and tempo, (making them lower in pitch and tempo).

the pitch knob(s) and track tempo is automatable....

unless if you mean you want to automate the tempo of the sample alone, you can use a timestretching VST. the default FL sampler might be able to do the same thing, I've never used it for those resampling purposes tho.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-07-05 06:15:11

At 7/5/10 03:46 AM, Supersteph54 wrote:

What you're trying to do is ridiculous in FL.

I would suggest exporting the vocals separately, and importing both tracks into Audacity, where it is reasonably easy to edit pitch and speed.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-07-05 06:28:40

At 7/5/10 06:15 AM, Hoeloe wrote: What you're trying to do is ridiculous in FL.

I would suggest exporting the vocals separately, and importing both tracks into Audacity, where it is reasonably easy to edit pitch and speed.

Oh, so there's a way to gradually automate the pitch and speed of an audio file in Audacity? I'll have to google how to do that then...

Thanks for the help!

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-07-05 07:21:13

At 7/5/10 06:28 AM, Supersteph54 wrote: Oh, so there's a way to gradually automate the pitch and speed of an audio file in Audacity? I'll have to google how to do that then...

Thanks for the help!

Well, graduating it takes a bit of work, but it is possible, I've done it myself.

BBS Signature