At 9/12/09 06:45 PM, dj-Jo wrote:
Do ya guys know how to side chain in FL Studios?
I'm trying to utilize this style in one of my remixes.
Can someone help me?
I'm gonna use a kick and a pad as an example, just so it's easier to understand:
1) On the kick, assign a free mixer track.
2) Add a "Peak Controller" to this mixer track. Unmute this (usually) by clicking in the bottom right where the glowing orange box says "Mute".
3) On the pad, assign a free mixer track.
4) Add a "Stereo Enhancer" to this mixer track.
5) On the Stereo Enhancer, there is a "Volume" knob (on the actual plugin itself), right click this and go "link to controller".
6) Under "Internal Controller", select "Peak Ctrl (Kick) - Peak + LFO" (It might not say that exactly, but it'll be close. Make sure you choose the one that has Peak AND LFO.
7) Under "Mapping Formula", click "Inverted", then press Accept to close that window.