• 6,587 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
TimeBender
TimeBender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Apr. 24th, 2006 @ 07:24 PM Reply

This has proably been asked a million times. I'm not new to FL studio, but when an instument is selected one can press some keys and use the keyboard like some sort of piano. My question is in FL5 how does one get that "recorded" or saved in a song?

Thanks in advance

Chef-Jogger
Chef-Jogger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Apr. 25th, 2006 @ 12:47 PM Reply

n00b question: I know FruityLoops isn't free. I know you have to pay for it, but do you pay credit card or paper money? I'm just curious about paying for it.

TjA
TjA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Apr. 25th, 2006 @ 01:09 PM Reply

At 4/24/06 07:24 PM, AmeerThePrince wrote: This has proably been asked a million times. I'm not new to FL studio, but when an instument is selected one can press some keys and use the keyboard like some sort of piano. My question is in FL5 how does one get that "recorded" or saved in a song?

Thanks in advance

i think i know what you mean:
1.select PATTERN 1 in PLAYLIST
2.use PIANO ROLL of a selected "sound" to CREATE your RIFF
3.select the PENICIL or PAINTBRUSH and CLICK on a SQUARE in the PLAYLIST on PATTERN 1
4.a BLOCK thing should appear the size of YOUR(thats important) RIFF

guide two (using OTHER PEOPLES RIFFS):
1.select a READY MADE RIFF
2.DRAG to the BOTTOM of the PLAYLIST then LET GO
3.a "sound wave" thing should appear if done right

hope this helps(there are others ways these are the ones i like to use even though i have only used the second one once)

BBS Signature
TimeBender
TimeBender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Apr. 25th, 2006 @ 08:27 PM Reply

At 4/25/06 01:09 PM, TJA wrote:
At 4/24/06 07:24 PM, AmeerThePrince wrote: This has proably been asked a million times. I'm not new to FL studio, but when an instument is selected one can press some keys and use the keyboard like some sort of piano. My question is in FL5 how does one get that "recorded" or saved in a song?

Thanks in advance
i think i know what you mean:

..hm, I don't think thats answering my quesition. I think when I said "keys" you assumed I ment in the appliacation, the Fl studio keyboard. That's not what I ment. I'm talking about the input deviece the physical keyboard. When pressing the physical keyboard it'll play like a actual piano.

JesusSaves
JesusSaves
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Apr. 25th, 2006 @ 08:50 PM Reply

At 4/25/06 08:46 PM, Dark6 wrote: Which do you like better, Fruity Loops or Reason?

Also, do you think they have the same potential?

This is a very common question. You will find answers to be more opinionated than factual. I've always found Reason to be more complicated, but both of them "have the same potential" if you learn how to use them well.

R00ts
R00ts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Apr. 25th, 2006 @ 11:22 PM Reply

At 4/25/06 08:50 PM, -Steve- wrote:
At 4/25/06 08:46 PM, Dark6 wrote: Which do you like better, Fruity Loops or Reason?

Also, do you think they have the same potential?
This is a very common question. You will find answers to be more opinionated than factual. I've always found Reason to be more complicated, but both of them "have the same potential" if you learn how to use them well.

Actually I believe FL Studio has more potential. Here's why: Plugins, Reason 3.0 lacks support for VST and VSTi plugins. This means no Rapture, Z3TA+, or any future plugin that can play such a major role. Basically, other than reason's refills, there isn't much for expandability. I also view a great deal of these drum packs for reason to be inferior to the Pro kits I would highly suggest for either studio. FL Studio offers more generators, that if used correctly and with the proper samples are nearly endless in capability. The user interface is easy for beginners and fast for experts. FL Studio, in my personal opinion, has the greatest potential.

B0UNC3
B0UNC3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Apr. 25th, 2006 @ 11:45 PM Reply

Cubase or Logic pretty much fucks Reason and FL up, but I'm more comfortable with FL and thats why I stick with it. If you don't like the area you work in things will not work...Which is why I DON'T use anything except FLReason is to bright for my superduper eyes.

CenterWall | Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter

bassaaphex
bassaaphex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Apr. 29th, 2006 @ 04:27 AM Reply

Just a quick question here.

Im thinking about buying fuityloops, i have the trial version and everything but im just wondering which edition i should be buying? Which one of the packages was the trial version released as?

Any help is appreciated ;)

B0UNC3
B0UNC3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Apr. 29th, 2006 @ 05:17 AM Reply

I think the trial is producer edition. but aim for XXL, thats definetly the best buy, but cost quite abit.

CenterWall | Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter

Fuzzay
Fuzzay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Apr. 29th, 2006 @ 07:04 PM Reply

I am having trouble's with FL 6, Everytime a save anything and try to open what i saved it's say's that the file is corrupted. )= please help. (I am not sure if this has been covered before... But i didn't find it sooooooo)

TjA
TjA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Apr. 29th, 2006 @ 07:53 PM Reply

At 4/25/06 08:27 PM, AmeerThePrince wrote: ..hm, I don't think thats answering my quesition. I think when I said "keys" you assumed I ment in the appliacation, the Fl studio keyboard. That's not what I ment. I'm talking about the input deviece the physical keyboard. When pressing the physical keyboard it'll play like a actual piano.

i have no idea sorry...

BBS Signature
WastedWizard
WastedWizard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 2nd, 2006 @ 11:27 AM Reply

I downloaded it today but I don't get it, I can make a very small tune using the pic below but that is only a secondor two. How do you make a proper song. I know this is a lame question but I have never used this software. Thanks.

TjA
TjA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 2nd, 2006 @ 06:08 PM Reply

At 5/2/06 11:27 AM, WastedWizard wrote: I downloaded it today but I don't get it, I can make a very small tune using the pic below but that is only a secondor two. How do you make a proper song. I know this is a lame question but I have never used this software. Thanks.

a small guide on what you need to get started...

i guess

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

BBS Signature
WastedWizard
WastedWizard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 3rd, 2006 @ 11:46 AM Reply

At 5/2/06 06:08 PM, TJA wrote: a small guide on what you need to get started...
i guess

That sort of helps thanks but how do I actually create stuff because you can hit the keys but how do you make it record it?

TjA
TjA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 3rd, 2006 @ 12:20 PM Reply

At 5/3/06 11:46 AM, WastedWizard wrote:
At 5/2/06 06:08 PM, TJA wrote: a small guide on what you need to get started...
i guess
That sort of helps thanks but how do I actually create stuff because you can hit the keys but how do you make it record it?

by clicking on the little squares in line with the key you want to press...

BBS Signature
Talin-Ronyo
Talin-Ronyo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 3rd, 2006 @ 10:01 PM Reply

I have a .fxb file for a sound bank, but I don't know what to do to get it in FL... I'm sure it's not that complicated, but I haven't done it before :P

TjA
TjA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 4th, 2006 @ 11:28 AM Reply

At 5/3/06 10:01 PM, Talin_Ronyo wrote: I have a .fxb file for a sound bank, but I don't know what to do to get it in FL... I'm sure it's not that complicated, but I haven't done it before :P

i think you put it in the folder with all the sounds in...look at the fruity loops folder on C: drive and put it in packs or whatever...
hope this helps

BBS Signature
Ocelot
Ocelot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Writer
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 15th, 2006 @ 08:07 PM Reply

At 4/25/06 12:47 PM, Chef_Jogger wrote: paper money

Lol, I, too, used to say "paper money" when I was little.

It's cash nubcakes =) .
Talin-Ronyo
Talin-Ronyo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 17th, 2006 @ 01:39 AM Reply

At 5/4/06 11:28 AM, TJA wrote:
At 5/3/06 10:01 PM, Talin_Ronyo wrote: I have a .fxb file for a sound bank, but I don't know what to do to get it in FL... I'm sure it's not that complicated, but I haven't done it before :P
i think you put it in the folder with all the sounds in...look at the fruity loops folder on C: drive and put it in packs or whatever...
hope this helps

it still didn't work. any other ideas?

also, i have another question- someone (i don't remember who) said "gate effects are vital" to make trance... could someone tell me what gate effects are, what they do, and how to use them?

Chef-Jogger
Chef-Jogger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 18th, 2006 @ 05:10 PM Reply

At 5/15/06 08:07 PM, -Ocelot- wrote:
It's cash nubcakes =) .

I know it's cash, but I was just curious of you can either pay cash or credit card for fruity loops. And "nubcakes" is an insult. Please don't rub it in if it is. I appreciate it. I was just curious, that's all.

Curious if you either pay credit card or cash.
ImperfectDisciple
ImperfectDisciple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 18th, 2006 @ 07:12 PM Reply

Cash or credit should work, lol.

-Anyways, I've got my own question. How would one go off and make 32-note fills?

BBS Signature
Chao-Guy
Chao-Guy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 19th, 2006 @ 01:48 PM Reply

I realy need help, im completly new to music (I know tempo means speed, but thats it)
So could someone tell me as simply as possible, how to make remixes on FL 6? (If this kind of post isn't alowed/n00bish, im sorry as i didn't read the whole thing)

"This is where I'd say something witty and wise; for all the world to see.........................damn."
Click my account for music. Sig by shinebrite.

BBS Signature
RyeGuyHead
RyeGuyHead
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Programmer
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 19th, 2006 @ 04:00 PM Reply

At 5/19/06 01:48 PM, Chao_Guy wrote: I realy need help, im completly new to music (I know tempo means speed, but thats it)
So could someone tell me as simply as possible, how to make remixes on FL 6? (If this kind of post isn't alowed/n00bish, im sorry as i didn't read the whole thing)

Depends on what remixes really...
The easiest way would be to directly import a song file into the playlist, and then tinker...around...

BUT i do have a question as well.

How does one create triplets on a sequencer-piano roll?
Is there a toolbar im just missing?

just you wait

PERVOK
PERVOK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 19th, 2006 @ 04:52 PM Reply

At 5/18/06 07:12 PM, SuperDrummer146 wrote: -Anyways, I've got my own question. How would one go off and make 32-note fills?

32 note? Lemme count that out...

Oh, thats simply doing 8 strokes per beat. I think that should be simple enough, yes?

PERVOK
PERVOK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 19th, 2006 @ 04:54 PM Reply

At 5/19/06 04:00 PM, RyeGuyHead wrote: How does one create triplets on a sequencer-piano roll?
Is there a toolbar im just missing?

In the place where you can choose 'line', or 'none', or stuff like that in the drop down menu in FL, just change it to '1/3 beat' (I think thats what its called... its 1/3 SOMETHING) and that should be it. When you go in the piano roll, there will only be 12th notes, and not 16th.

Chao-Guy
Chao-Guy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 20th, 2006 @ 07:20 AM Reply

At 5/19/06 04:00 PM, RyeGuyHead wrote: Depends on what remixes really...
The easiest way would be to directly import a song file into the playlist, and then tinker...around...

How do you import a song? (I'll be doing video game remixes BTW)

"This is where I'd say something witty and wise; for all the world to see.........................damn."
Click my account for music. Sig by shinebrite.

BBS Signature
Fronze
Fronze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 20th, 2006 @ 07:27 AM Reply

Well,i just bought FL but i can only make 3 second loops,how do i make them longer?

RyeGuyHead
RyeGuyHead
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Programmer
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 21st, 2006 @ 06:22 PM Reply

At 5/20/06 07:20 AM, Chao_Guy wrote:
At 5/19/06 04:00 PM, RyeGuyHead wrote: Depends on what remixes really...

I believe you need an mp3 or .wav song file and you just click on the bottom of the playlist where it says something about importing. That ought to bring up a menu where you just click import song.

But .... my problem with triplets remains. I need to do them on a piano roll on reason, sorry Zenon....

I think it has something to do with quantinizing the notes
Am i right?

just you wait

MaestroSorrow
MaestroSorrow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 23rd, 2006 @ 04:08 PM Reply

At 5/20/06 07:20 AM, Chao_Guy wrote:

For video game remixes you'll probably be able to find the midi file for that song, go to file>import>midi and click on the file.

You'll get a box showing 16 red boxes, say import all, and you'll have a bunch of blue-ish green boxes.

When you click them you'll notice none of them make sound.

Press f9 and put the Fruity LSD effect.

When the effect shows up, on the top right of that box, you'll see [---]

change that to [ 0]

Press stop, and play again, the instruments should change and play.

Importing wav/mp3 doesn't allow you to get any notes or anything, but the same applies. Or you can press f5 to bring up the playlist.

On the bottom will be a little bar, click on that area, and it'll let you import a mp3/wav/wma and other formatted songs.

Hope that helps.

MaestroSorrow
MaestroSorrow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 23rd, 2006 @ 04:12 PM Reply

At 5/20/06 07:27 AM, Ev0lJam wrote: Well,i just bought FL but i can only make 3 second loops,how do i make them longer?

You are using pattern mode, and not loop mode.

Below the play button, is two small buttons labeled Pattern/Song, click song.

Now press f5, a playlist will appear.

The box Pattern 1, should be highlighted automatically. If you press along that line, you should create these boxes. These boxes indicate when you want the notes you put in that pattern to play out.

You can make more patterns by dragging up or down the pattern box, located somewhere near the top right, I can't remember where exactly.

Hope that helped.