• 6,587 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
la-yinn
la-yinn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 13th, 2009 @ 11:50 AM Reply

It's been ages since I've posted here, haha.

I need a little bit of help with sidechaining in FL8. I know how to sidechain, I've done it plenty of times before but it's been a while and it's not working for me anymore. I'm halfway into a track with all sorts of mastering already done and I figured I'd sidechain a few different basses but it's pretty much not working.

So, call me a noob all over again, can somebody tell me how to sidechain from start to end? :f

Latest tracks:
Sub Marines
Chemosound

Slipstreamer
Slipstreamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 13th, 2009 @ 12:11 PM Reply

Check Shelters tutorial.

Certified audiophreak, lv 60.

BBS Signature
Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 13th, 2009 @ 12:39 PM Reply

At 5/13/09 12:11 PM, Slipstreamer wrote: Check Shelters tutorial.

He isn't on NG as Shelter, well at least he didn't post that under that name.

Here's the link to what Slipstreamer meant.
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/7576 71

MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 13th, 2009 @ 03:28 PM Reply

So yeah, I got a really serious question, HOW to work with Fruity Loops? I currently got Fruity Loops 7 Producers Edition. I was playing around with the generators and I liked it. But I am interested in making music. Can someone give me some help with the basics or perhaps some links? I thank all of you in advance, please don't be mad at me.

vanguard182
vanguard182
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 13th, 2009 @ 03:31 PM Reply

At 5/13/09 10:48 AM, MICHhimself wrote:
At 5/13/09 10:46 AM, vanguard182 wrote: when i adjust the volume knob, it adjusts that channels sound for the entire song. i'm wondering if there is a way to make an instrument quieter in one part and louder in another part?
Right click the knob -> Create automation clip. -> Play around.

thanks a bunch, that'll be a big help

thafokalist
thafokalist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 13th, 2009 @ 04:29 PM Reply

At 5/13/09 03:28 PM, MrSaint wrote: So yeah, I got a really serious question, HOW to work with Fruity Loops? I currently got Fruity Loops 7 Producers Edition. I was playing around with the generators and I liked it. But I am interested in making music. Can someone give me some help with the basics or perhaps some links? I thank all of you in advance, please don't be mad at me.

first you gotta decide what genre, youre into because usually that decides your tempo. You'll find that most hip-hop has you around the 75-95 bpm range and much higher when dealing with either drum/bass, techno/ and electronica. Best way to get started is the same way my dreamweaver professor told me and thats to trace. In other words, find music you like and try to recreate it as much as you possiblly can. There's a ton of drums and sounds in the "packs" file that will give you what you need to get started.

Interesting thing about FL Studio is that theres no right or wrong way to make your sound. No more than a week a ago, I just changed how I mastered tracks and I had been mastering tracks a specific way for about 2 years but once you find a new way to approach it, it puts old ideas in the past. Always Find innovative ways to manipulate the program to do what you want it to do.

Play around with the FX Alot. As you add intruments channels to your project you can assign them to FX channels and FLStudio has tons of plugins/vsts at your disposal.

If you need any other info, youtube has tons of vids of tutorials and aspiring producers who demonstrate different methods of putting together projects. Other wise if have any other questions I'll gladly answer them.

I'm the best.I did it.

Slosha69
Slosha69
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 13th, 2009 @ 11:37 PM Reply

PLEASE PM AN ANSWER IF YOU CAN

Ok, so I don't know how I did this, but in the "playlist" window, I somehow removes the part where it says: Pattern 1, Pattern 2, etc. How do I get this back?

Help will be greatly appreciated!

+1 Post plx [Dr. Pepper Crew] [Mushroom Dick]

BBS Signature
xKore
xKore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 14th, 2009 @ 03:08 AM Reply

At 5/13/09 11:37 PM, Slosha69 wrote: PLEASE PM AN ANSWER IF YOU CAN

Ok, so I don't know how I did this, but in the "playlist" window, I somehow removes the part where it says: Pattern 1, Pattern 2, etc. How do I get this back?

Help will be greatly appreciated!

there should be a bar at the bottom or top of the window, just drag it back up/down.

KrisSumara
KrisSumara
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 14th, 2009 @ 01:21 PM Reply

At 5/14/09 12:29 PM, LaForge wrote: I've got a problem with the software itself. Every time a pattern starts over, or I hit "stop" and then "play" again, every setting I changed in all the channels will revert back to default.

I've tried changing the settings, saving and reentering. Doesn't work. When I render a track, it doesn't render -any- of the changes I made.

Halp plx.

Well if its settings like usuing a cutoff, record it and then it should work, like hit record and then play and then use you cutoff filte or what ever and it should save it, but its it is settings on the program I duno, maybe reinstall FL

BBS Signature
MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 14th, 2009 @ 02:21 PM Reply

Thanks for answering my question. But I got another one.

How can I record in composition? Do you record every part of it, because playing a generator and doing something else at the same time is kind of impossible (For me). So can you please describe how to record a full song, by steps or give a link please? I thank all of you in advance.

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 14th, 2009 @ 02:31 PM Reply

At 5/14/09 02:21 PM, MrSaint wrote: Thanks for answering my question. But I got another one.

How can I record in composition? Do you record every part of it, because playing a generator and doing something else at the same time is kind of impossible (For me). So can you please describe how to record a full song, by steps or give a link please? I thank all of you in advance.

You do realize you can draw notes on the piano roll, right? You don't have to record yourself clicking that little keyboard.

Slosha69
Slosha69
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 14th, 2009 @ 02:41 PM Reply

At 5/14/09 03:08 AM, xKore wrote:
there should be a bar at the bottom or top of the window, just drag it back up/down.

i lovve you no homo

BBS Signature
MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 14th, 2009 @ 02:57 PM Reply

At 5/14/09 02:31 PM, MICHhimself wrote:
At 5/14/09 02:21 PM, MrSaint wrote: Thanks for answering my question. But I got another one.

You do realize you can draw notes on the piano roll, right? You don't have to record yourself clicking that little keyboard.

I think I know about the notes, but sorry if my question wasn't so clear,the main question was: "How can I make a complete song?" By connecting all my loops? I should play all of them at the same time while recording?

Slosha69
Slosha69
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 14th, 2009 @ 03:18 PM Reply

Ok I have another problem. When I go to click on the sounds that are in my pattern dialog, like where you edit time stretching, reverse, and whatnot, the dialog box doesn't show up. how do I fix this?

BBS Signature
Slosha69
Slosha69
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 14th, 2009 @ 03:19 PM Reply

At 5/14/09 03:18 PM, Slosha69 wrote: Ok I have another problem. When I go to click on the sounds that are in my pattern dialog, like where you edit time stretching, reverse, and whatnot, the dialog box doesn't show up. how do I fix this?

the top right of the pattern box, where you chance the number of bars, goes a lighter gray when I try to press the sound to bring up its dialog box.

idk how to edit posts so I quoted.

BBS Signature
Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 14th, 2009 @ 07:10 PM Reply

At 5/14/09 12:29 PM, LaForge wrote: I've got a problem with the software itself. Every time a pattern starts over, or I hit "stop" and then "play" again, every setting I changed in all the channels will revert back to default.

I've tried changing the settings, saving and reentering. Doesn't work. When I render a track, it doesn't render -any- of the changes I made.

Halp plx.

LaForge, please check if there is any automation present. Even if you delete the clip from the playlist, the automation is still present and will revert back to its last known starting position.

How about you join the NGPD? Just what is the Newgrounds Police Dept.? Click the link and find out for yourself!

BBS Signature
Slosha69
Slosha69
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 14th, 2009 @ 09:24 PM Reply

Ok I've got everything else figured out. How do I get the pattern dialog, where you place the marks for the sounds, to be on top of all the other windows?

BBS Signature
Slipstreamer
Slipstreamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 15th, 2009 @ 01:25 PM Reply

Just press the icon.

Certified audiophreak, lv 60.

BBS Signature
Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 15th, 2009 @ 01:35 PM Reply

At 5/15/09 01:25 PM, Slipstreamer wrote: Just press the icon.

^-- This.

and yes, I do like to make fancy mspaint jobs for this thread.

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 15th, 2009 @ 03:07 PM Reply

I found the answer for my own question guys! Thanks anyway though!

KrisSumara
KrisSumara
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 15th, 2009 @ 04:57 PM Reply

Hey I got a questions about ASIO4ALL, well I render all my sound through my primary sound card on my laptop, when I switch other to ASIO4ALL I get no sound at all, any suggestions?

BBS Signature
ShootingStar
ShootingStar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 16th, 2009 @ 07:42 AM Reply

Hey! I was working on some vocal stuff, with a human recorded voice, but didn't know if it was possible to make it sound like a robot, or atleast make it sound electronic!
Thanks!

Sytze
Sytze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 16th, 2009 @ 09:05 AM Reply

At 5/16/09 07:42 AM, ShootingStar wrote: Hey! I was working on some vocal stuff, with a human recorded voice, but didn't know if it was possible to make it sound like a robot, or atleast make it sound electronic!
Thanks!

You should use the Vocoder plugin
It's explained here
Short explanation if you don't want to watch the movie:
You pan your voice fully to the left, and you pan a robotic sound fully to the right
Then put the vocoder over it and switch those knobs till you get the right sound

Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 16th, 2009 @ 01:02 PM Reply

LaForge:

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

How about you join the NGPD? Just what is the Newgrounds Police Dept.? Click the link and find out for yourself!

BBS Signature
Gloudas
Gloudas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 17th, 2009 @ 12:30 AM Reply

Hey, I got a few simple, noobish questions.

Firstly, as of a few days ago my playlist is fully shown. The scroll bar on the right side is off of the screen, and I can't figure out how to reformat the playlist so that I can see it in it's entirety. So ya, if anyone knows about that.

Second, I just watched the Vocoder tutorial linked above, and I saw the guy talking directly into the mixer through his microphone. He did this by opening the mixer and opening the "In" window and then clicking his sound driver, but when I open the "In" window in my mixer, it just says "none". Is there some way that I can get my computer to recognize the headphones that are plugged into my computer, and allow me just to talk into FL?

Hopefully the questions made sense, thanks in advance

A heavy bassline is my kind of silence.

Enjoy progressive house? Then listen to my song.

Murcielago1
Murcielago1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 17th, 2009 @ 01:19 PM Reply

I've been having this problem with FL Studio 8: sometimes I get this buzzing or high-pitched sound in the background after I record my songs. I have tried to adjust my ASIO4ALL audio settings but it just doesn't work. I've tried highering the buffer length it doesn't work, I've tried lowering as much as possible without the underruns it still doesn't work. Sometimes, not only that it makes that buzzing sound but it also doubles the sound of the instruments, but I'm not sure if those two problems are connected. Please help!

BBS Signature
DJSnowblind
DJSnowblind
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 17th, 2009 @ 06:07 PM Reply

I'm having a problem with sampling. Everytime I make a Hardcore kick, then save it as a WAV file, it reduces the volume CONSIDERABLY. How do I fix this?

NocturNalMaSSaKRE
NocturNalMaSSaKRE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 18th, 2009 @ 02:49 PM Reply

At 5/17/09 12:30 AM, Gloudas wrote: Hey, I got a few simple, noobish questions.

Firstly, as of a few days ago my playlist is fully shown. The scroll bar on the right side is off of the screen, and I can't figure out how to reformat the playlist so that I can see it in it's entirety. So ya, if anyone knows about that.

not quite sure what your talking about, but when in the playlist hold down Ctrl and move your rolly thing on your mouse....or in the playlist right click on the magnifying glass and chose from the following options that pop up.

Hope that helped.

Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 19th, 2009 @ 10:47 PM Reply

Quick question... can i make individual patterns have a swing without changeing all of them? I've looked around the piano roll but i havent found anything.

BBS Signature
Rotomination
Rotomination
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here May. 19th, 2009 @ 11:46 PM Reply

I only got 1 question (I dont really know if this is noobish or not)
When submitting a music file it says you must wait for a mod to approve of it
How long does that generally take?

Who needs a signature anyways :3