00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BorfDoggo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

662,022 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-05 18:53:15

At 6/5/09 06:20 PM, Crumption wrote: At 6/5/09 01:57 PM, MICHhimself and Envy wrote:
Some stuff
Oh fuck yes.
Thank you
......I love you.

=)
Did you like my fancy mspaint/photoshop?

Did you?

Glad we could help.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-06 17:11:07

Now I'm sure this has probably been answered somewhere in this thread, but I don't have time to sift through hundreds of pages to find it, and searching "Audio fruity loops" I'm sure would prove useless.

Question being, I know FL is capable of this, I just haven't figured out how... Is recording guitar/vocals directly into FL Studio (Producer edition). Up til now I have made my back tracks in FL studio and then exported the MP3, then imported said MP3 into REAPER (Program that I usually record guitar/vocals in)..

However, my latest project requires a bit more fine tuning in unison with the backtrack, so I would very much like to record over top of the backtrack itself so I can tweak it as I record instead of moving back and forth between 2 programs every time I want to change something.

Advice? I'm sure it's probably pretty obvious, sitting right in front of me, but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

I'm recording via USB from my POD X3 Live BTW.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-07 08:17:23

Hey I have a new question..Im just entering the door of using Samples.. I found some good lead tones and basses on VIP zone.. I can get the loop sample just fine but using the cut Points...

Im using Fruity Loops Producer Edition 5 so I have no Edison to use.. I use Adobe Audition 3 instead.. My problem is not looping the file.. it sounds perfect in AA3.. when I load it into fruity loops.. two things happen

1. Theres a little hum when it loops back over and it sounds terrible i think.. not like how it sounds in AA3..

2. When I load it into the piano roll and try to change the pitch off C5 it all sounds like shit and slows the tempo of the loop itself either down or up depend on what note i wanted in the Piano roll..

Can someone please help me with this?? I just now been doing these sampling things for about an hour and im stuck right now.. I know how to get the Time snap grid and all that.. also how to make the loop stop when I let tell it to in the piano roll.. but it just doesnt loop correct and the pitch issue is a BIG concern for me.. someone please help

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-07 08:29:57

At 6/6/09 05:11 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Recording guitar/vocals in FL?

Go to options > Audio settings
Under input/Output, select the ASIO driver.
Then, open up your mixer, go to an empty channel. In the top right of your mixer window (next to the 'in') you click and select the right input.

Now the audio on that input should go straight to that channel, as if it was an instrument in FL assigned to that channel. To record this, click one of the arrows to add an effect on the mixer channel.
Select 'Edison', and there you should be able to record everything just fine. :)

At 6/7/09 08:17 AM, Mushroomhead18nc wrote: sampling issues with VEC lead & bass tones

Well to be honest, I strongly advice you NOT to use samples for leads and/or basses. I don't know why Vengeance took the time to include those, but it seems like if they're only really useful in those typical Handsup songs, the basses that is.

I'm sorry I can't help you with this, I can only advice you a better option. Use 3xOsc.
Or if you have the money and want to use vengeance-esque basses and leads, Get your hands on Nexus. Most (if not all) of the presets are made by vengeance too, they're tweakable, and they 'loop' perfectly, as it's an actual synth instead of a sample.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-07 16:47:45

Awesome, thank you very much, MICH.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-07 17:06:42

At 6/7/09 04:47 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Awesome, thank you very much, MICH.

Anytime.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-07 21:17:53

At 6/7/09 08:17 AM, Mushroomhead18nc wrote: sampling issues with VEC lead & bass tones

I'm sorry I can't help you with this, I can only advice you a better option. Use 3xOsc.
Or if you have the money and want to use vengeance-esque basses and leads, Get your hands on Nexus. Most (if not all) of the presets are made by vengeance too, they're tweakable, and they 'loop' perfectly, as it's an actual synth instead of a sample.

Yeah I really dont believe in spending 300bucks for one plugin especially since I only write techno music for a hobby and I know its not goin anywhere.. so no thanks to that option.. that plug in is way too fucking expensive

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-08 10:49:01

Why can't I extend the length duration of my notes? They Just go "BEEP" and last a second no matter hpw far I stretch them

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-08 11:31:53

how can i change how long the song is in fruity loops 8?

Anyone who reads this gets a cookie. Im a PSWii60-er =D.

Also the post I wrote probably isn't relevant to the post at all and if it is, its probably the wrong answer.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-08 14:03:17

how do i turn off and on swing

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-08 14:20:26

I'm going to try and explain this as clearly as possible, in hope someone might like to help me :) lol

Okay, there is a section of my song I want to automate the pitch in. So I made an automation clip of the master pitch fader. But it only automates as far as I can push the fader, right? How can I make it so the pitch is affected more, and for longer.

I know it's not really strictly a FL question, but, yeah. Thought I'd ask it here.
Good examples of what I am trying to do would be the same thing that Spor does.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-08 14:41:49

Dexter, if I understand it correctly, you want the pitch bent to over the maximum of the knob.

Well, what you could do is try and change the root note of the vst up a bit during the note (not sure if you can automate it, but you can try it)

Or you can add some porto and up the slide, then draw a higher pitched note over the existing one, starting half a note before the last one starts so that you don't hear the transition, but you do hear a difference in pitch.

[URL=http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?
image=flquestion1.jpg][IMG]http://img176 .imageshack.us/img176/6341/flquestion1.j pg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?
image=flquestion2.jpg][IMG]http://img176 .imageshack.us/img176/2668/flquestion2.j pg[/IMG][/URL]

Not sure if it'll work, but you can try it out. :3

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-08 14:44:41

At 6/8/09 11:31 AM, bartymany wrote: how can i change how long the song is in fruity loops 8?

Add more to the song. (Seriously what kind of question is this?)

Or change the BPM. (Beats per minute)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-08 14:52:16

I am pretty much brand new to FL and still using a demo version. I had a couple questions though, the first would be, when I drag the .dll VST into my FL studio folder, where can I access it from in FL?

I was also wondering about .exe's like, Mdrummer, referenced in this free VST thread. Is there any way to get this into FL studio, and how would you do so?

Hi.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-08 14:55:42

the exes just install to the vst folder, which is something like /program files/Vst plugins

and you got to tell fl where that directory is, if it doesnt already know

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-08 15:02:05

At 6/8/09 02:20 PM, DexterPowercrush wrote: I'm going to try and explain this as clearly as possible, in hope someone might like to help me :) lol

Okay, there is a section of my song I want to automate the pitch in. So I made an automation clip of the master pitch fader. But it only automates as far as I can push the fader, right? How can I make it so the pitch is affected more, and for longer.

I know it's not really strictly a FL question, but, yeah. Thought I'd ask it here.
Good examples of what I am trying to do would be the same thing that Spor does.

On the master pitch fader? The only way I can think of to make it be pitched more is leaving it until you render it, then doing your pitch automation, rerendering, doing the pitch automation again, which effectively should double up on the original pitch automation, rerender, etc. As for longer, surely you can just make the automation clip longer. Hope I understood, cuz that's a weird question, I thought the master pitch goes up plenty enough..

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-08 15:21:13

At 6/8/09 03:02 PM, xKore wrote: On the master pitch fader? The only way I can think of to make it be pitched more is leaving it until you render it, then doing your pitch automation, rerendering, doing the pitch automation again, which effectively should double up on the original pitch automation, rerender, etc. As for longer, surely you can just make the automation clip longer. Hope I understood, cuz that's a weird question, I thought the master pitch goes up plenty enough..

I did render the short bit after I automated, then re-imported it to automate it again, but, it didn't change the pitch of the audio clip when I tried automating over that. Which I found really wierd.
Uh, it goes up by 1200 cents. I don't know what cents are, but, 1200 isn't enough. haha!

Also, thanks la-yinn I'll try out what you suggested. Although I have multiple tracks and notes all going off at once, lmao!

Still, if anyone knows a relatively easy way, much appreciated if you could share it ;)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-08 16:50:10

At 6/8/09 02:55 PM, pr0ded wrote: the exes just install to the vst folder, which is something like /program files/Vst plugins

Thanks but how do I tell FL where the directory is. What I tried doing was going to channels -> add channel -> and just clicking on the VST. However, when I did so, it said there was an error and nothing showed up :\. What am I doing wrong? I dragged the .dll's into the FL Effects/Generators folder.

Hi.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-08 17:39:37

At 6/8/09 04:50 PM, slowz wrote:
At 6/8/09 02:55 PM, pr0ded wrote: the exes just install to the vst folder, which is something like /program files/Vst plugins

Thanks but how do I tell FL where the directory is. What I tried doing was going to channels -> add channel -> and just clicking on the VST. However, when I did so, it said there was an error and nothing showed up :\. What am I doing wrong? I dragged the .dll's into the FL Effects/Generators folder.

The default VST folder is in C:/Program Files/VSTPlugins, you should put the DLL in there, if you wanna change the folder to somewhere else, go to Options > File Settings and change the VST folder.

As for the error, there are two types of VSTs, VST effects and VST instruments, make sure the VST you downloaded was an actual instrument if you're trying to open it up in a channel. If it's an effect it should open up in a mixer insert FX slot.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-09 15:21:26

first you got to tell which is which

or you just.. poor rickles

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-12 19:56:33

Where would be a good site to find some samples(Please PM me the answer.)

EXTERMINATE!!!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-13 10:09:33

At 6/13/09 07:45 AM, HarraH wrote: I'm having this problem using "Channel Volume" on the piano roll (Under Target "Control>Channel Controls>Channel Volume")

As you can see, at the bottom of changed what appears to be the control for the volume, yet when I play the pattern, it doesn't make any noise at all. What am I doing wrong?

Is there a way to change the volume in the pattern without having to do it this way?

Make sure the note velocities are up, that the channel isnt muted, that the channel insert in the mixer isnt muted, that the volume on the insert is up, that any FX on the insert arent muting it, and that the volume knob in the misc tab of the channel settings is up.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-15 09:39:27

At 6/13/09 11:58 AM, HarraH wrote: Thanks xKore that did the trick :) I had it muted, silly me. Also, I didnt know note velocity was note volume, thanks for that as well!

Velocity also determines which sample is played if the note has multiple samples.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-15 12:25:21

how do i make the automation 'resolution' higher, make it more precise, is another view outside playlist?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-15 12:39:57

err clips, cant seem to do anything between those lines

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-15 13:04:12

At 6/15/09 12:25 PM, pr0ded wrote: how do i make the automation 'resolution' higher, make it more precise, is another view outside playlist?

Up at the top, set snapping to something smaller, or "none". Be sure to change it back to how you had it, if you should want your notes in the piano roll to be laid down in a quantized fashion.

Or if you have it set to "line" you can just zoom in on the playlist.

Want a cool TF2-based and Minecraft gaming forum? Check us out WDZClan.com

We're the largest pub TF2 community on Steam!

Also, check out my Youtube!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-15 13:07:45

At 6/15/09 01:04 PM, Steven-Polley wrote:
At 6/15/09 12:25 PM, pr0ded wrote: how do i make the automation 'resolution' higher, make it more precise, is another view outside playlist?
explanation

Ah shit I though he meant this. Oh well I'll post it anyway.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-15 13:28:02

At 6/15/09 01:07 PM, MICHhimself wrote: Ah shit I though he meant this. Oh well I'll post it anyway.

very noice diargraammm. I like the glow lol.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-16 12:26:17

aye thanks you two

now, ive got phosycon, and when i set it to external sequencing and put a note in the piano roll i get no sound, any explanations?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-16 15:55:00

Are you using ASIO4ALL? The driver sometimes has problems when running two audio applications at once.

BBS Signature