00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

662,468 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-23 15:00:43

Asio4allv2 was selected. when i changed it to the others didnt fix it so i left it on asio

best newgrounds user : karlkoolkid1999

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-23 15:03:55

nvm i clicked a bunch of random buttons and it fixed it (no idea what i even did lol)

best newgrounds user : karlkoolkid1999

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-23 19:33:45

Yea, I tried the edit events thing and it didn't work. The song I'm currently making is at 160, and I want to change it to 170 at measure 39. How exactly do I do this?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-24 16:49:07

Hey! I've read somewhere that it is possible to dump to a midi from edison...is this true???

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-24 17:22:13

At 5/24/09 04:49 PM, ShootingStar wrote: Hey! I've read somewhere that it is possible to dump to a midi from edison...is this true???

Yes.
But it only works good without chords, just single notes, and no other shiz than your notes.

This is how you do it. Select a bit of music in edison, make sure the right channel is selected on your step sequencer, then go to edison, right click the waveform > Tools > Convert to score and dump to piano roll.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-24 21:20:43

I'm having some frustrating issues with my input recording in Fruity Loops.

I've got the keys hooked into my headphone jack and I can record sounds fine with programs such Goldwave and Audacity, however, whenever I try to do a live recording in FL it doesn't work. In the mixer window in the pulldown menu for "Input", it says "(none)" and when I drop it down theres nothing there.

I know for a fact my computer can record sound, and I'm pretty sure I don't have an ASIO Sound Card (It's a C-Media), so can anybody help me out? If I could just get my input device to show up on the menu it would work, but I have no idea to how to go in and change those settings.

I use V5.0

Any help is appreciated, friends.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-25 13:23:03

well if you want to record from mics in your studio you have to use the aiso. i think almost all the computers can handle aiso cuz my old laptop with win95 can use it.

if you cant after that, i recommend buying an usb audio hub.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-25 18:50:18

Hey! I've read somewhere that it is possible to dump to a midi from edison...is this true???

Yes.
But it only works good without chords, just single notes, and no other shiz than your notes.

This is how you do it. Select a bit of music in edison, make sure the right channel is selected on your step sequencer, then go to edison, right click the waveform > Tools > Convert to score and dump to piano roll.

-What version is this? I can't find it...I use FL7....do I need to have 8 to get this to work?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-26 19:56:43

test

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-26 20:00:58

At 5/26/09 07:56 PM, NwFndH8red wrote: test

Damn, figured I'd be able to edit my post, sorry.

I have a problem with FL Slayer and Sytrus. For certain (many) of the presets the release/decay is all screwed up. For example Ill be making a song using the step sequencer and the last note of that step will keep on ringing, making all my other shit hard to hear and generally just being annoying. I've spent hours trying different settings to get the last note to stop ringing without changing the whole sound of the clip (i.e. dampening the guitars in FL Slayer).

Can someone help me with a solution for both programs? Thanks in advance.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-26 20:05:06

FL Studio: Get into the piano roll. It allows you to control how long notes play for.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-26 20:06:38

Wow, probably the only thing I never tried. Thank you sir.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-27 14:18:28

Hey, I was wondering if anyone could explain to me how to install a nexus expansion pack. I got the christmas one a while back, tried to install it, and failed miserably. I'm probably just missing something simple, but if anyone could help me through the process that'd be great.

A heavy bassline is my kind of silence.

Enjoy progressive house? Then listen to my song.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-27 15:27:14

At 5/27/09 02:18 PM, Gloudas wrote: Hey, I was wondering if anyone could explain to me how to install a nexus expansion pack. I got the christmas one a while back, tried to install it, and failed miserably. I'm probably just missing something simple, but if anyone could help me through the process that'd be great.

The expansion file is a nxp file. Remember where you saved it.
Then go here, and browse for your nxp file.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-28 14:19:11

At 5/27/09 03:27 PM, MICHhimself wrote: The expansion file is a nxp file. Remember where you saved it.
Then go here, and browse for your nxp file.

Awesome! That's easier than I expected.
I owe you a choco-taco now.

A heavy bassline is my kind of silence.

Enjoy progressive house? Then listen to my song.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-28 18:22:45

I was wondering if there are any other tutorials?
I've looked through here and the links for the old tutorials don't work any more.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-29 01:23:28

At 5/28/09 06:22 PM, SBunny wrote: I was wondering if there are any other tutorials?
I've looked through here and the links for the old tutorials don't work any more.

A friend and I released a short collection of three tracks done in FL using nothing but the stock 3xOsc plugin - you can open and dig around in these, and maybe figure out some neat tricks.

Whirldance FLPs

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-29 08:01:14

Thanks I'm sure they will help me a lot

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-30 12:53:22

In FL Studio, when your clicking to create the notes, how do I make that screen appear in the 5 bars, like on a music sheet?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-30 13:09:19

In the piano roll? There are 3 view options for the piano roll. On top of the keys on the left you'll see 2 little piano looking ones and one that says ABC, those are your view options.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-30 18:09:21

At 5/30/09 12:53 PM, MuzikProd wrote: In FL Studio, when your clicking to create the notes, how do I make that screen appear in the 5 bars, like on a music sheet?

Yes, I did mean piano roll.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-30 18:43:00

At 5/30/09 06:09 PM, MuzikProd wrote:
At 5/30/09 12:53 PM, MuzikProd wrote: In FL Studio, when your clicking to create the notes, how do I make that screen appear in the 5 bars, like on a music sheet?
Yes, I did mean piano roll.

Fl-studio is not capable of showing your notes that way. What you could do, though, is export your score to a midi and then open that in a program that can (like Anvil studio)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-02 07:59:27

I have question.

I made some kick samples, layering, synthesis etc. in FL. There's multibands and maximizers and such on the inserts (This info is incase this is latency problem or something). When I export to a normal .wav through the normal exporter the resulting sample sounds dulled and flat, but when I record the sample in edison (on the last slot of the master) it sounds like it sounds in the program.

Is this a rendering engine issue? I'm on 512 sync, 32bit.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-02 12:57:31

Well if you are exporting in the high quality it should sound fine, but I'm not sure why it would sounds dull, have you completley mastered the song in the mixer? like mastering the sound in a channel and then in master channel?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-02 15:16:43

At 6/2/09 12:57 PM, djsumara wrote: Well if you are exporting in the high quality it should sound fine, but I'm not sure why it would sounds dull, have you completley mastered the song in the mixer? like mastering the sound in a channel and then in master channel?

I dont think it has to do with the mixing. I think FL has a sort of built-in compressor. First make sure theres no limiter, as im sure there isn't in yours.

What I usually do when exporting a kick, is I'll overpower the kick on purpose so it doesn't come out quiet it dull then I'll put it in audacity and edit it there (add bass or whatever I need) to umph it up and cut it, then put it back into FL as a wav and compress. Im not sure if this solves all problems, but its reoccuring when layering kicks.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-04 21:51:21

Is there anyway to have a synth sidechained without a kick?

Like if I wanted to have a single synth playing with sidechain, but with no other parts playing?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-04 22:26:52

At 6/4/09 09:51 PM, Crumption wrote: Is there anyway to have a synth sidechained without a kick?

Like if I wanted to have a single synth playing with sidechain, but with no other parts playing?

yeah. Select the mute button on the peak controller.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-05 12:01:16

Hey I have a new question..Im just entering the door of using Samples.. I found some good lead tones and basses on VIP zone.. I can get the loop sample just fine but using the cut Points...

Im using Fruity Loops Producer Edition 5 so I have no Edison to use.. I use Adobe Audition 3 instead.. My problem is not looping the file.. it sounds perfect in AA3.. when I load it into fruity loops.. two things happen

1. Theres a little hum when it loops back over and it sounds terrible i think.. not like how it sounds in AA3..

2. When I load it into the piano roll and try to change the pitch off C5 it all sounds like shit and slows the tempo of the loop itself either down or up depend on what note i wanted in the Piano roll..

Can someone please help me with this?? I just now been doing these sampling things for about an hour and im stuck right now.. I know how to get the Time snap grid and all that.. also how to make the loop stop when I let tell it to in the piano roll.. but it just doesnt loop correct and the pitch issue is a BIG concern for me.. someone please help

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-05 13:57:52

At 6/4/09 09:51 PM, Crumption wrote: Is there anyway to have a synth sidechained without a kick?

Envy's way works, but then you'd still need the kick playing, only muted.
An other way to do what you need technically isn't sidechaining, but using an LFO. (Low Frequency oscillator)

Just add a peak controller (anywhere), uncheck mute, Turn the down the volume at 'Peak', and turn it up at LFO. Turn the Speed knob (SPD) down to 4:00 (hold ctrl to turn it more precisely)
Then, link the parameter to Peak Controller (insert x) - LFO. The rest works the same way as regular sidechaining. Adjust the base and vol knobs in the peak controller to tweak the sidechaining.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-06-05 18:20:57

At 6/5/09 01:57 PM, MICHhimself and Envy wrote:

Some stuff

Oh fuck yes.
Thank you
......I love you.

BBS Signature