New Topic Respond to this Topic
KrisSumara
KrisSumara
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-07 15:14:57 Reply

I got a quick questions, well its not really FL related but what are some good record labels for beginners?

I have tryed U-NEQ Productions but are there more?

BBS Signature
Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-07 15:33:12 Reply

At 5/7/09 03:14 PM, djsumara wrote: I got a quick questions, well its not really FL related but what are some good record labels for beginners?

I have tryed U-NEQ Productions but are there more?

This doesn't really belong here indeed (better ask in the lounge next time you have a question like this)

I don't think there's such a thing as a label for beginners. They only sign artists that have gotten good enough. The purpose is to make money, and if your music sounds like the music from a beginner, it's not going to sell all that good, don't you think?

We're all on here to learn to get good enough. When you think you've got it down to sound pro, try some labels.

CelestOrion
CelestOrion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-09 18:32:09 Reply

I'm redoing a song that I once played in high school band, and there are points in the song where i will need to slow down the tempo, then resume the normal tempo afterwards. How can I perform this action in Fl Studio?

BBS Signature
Vectris
Vectris
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-09 22:08:32 Reply

I'm pretty sure he means changing the BPM of his song, not the metronome. I too would like to know how to do this. For instance you have a beat, and you want it to speed up gradually by increasing the tempo.

Slipstreamer
Slipstreamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-10 02:29:36 Reply

At 5/9/09 06:32 PM, CelestOrion wrote: I'm redoing a song that I once played in high school band, and there are points in the song where i will need to slow down the tempo, then resume the normal tempo afterwards. How can I perform this action in Fl Studio?

You could record or make an automation clip for tempo, but if the samples don't automatically re-stretch... your fucked.

Certified audiophreak, lv 60.

BBS Signature
danredda
danredda
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-10 05:16:16 Reply

im using fl8, and i have some vocal samples set to play in the right order etc. the original samples are at 134 bpm but i would like the song to be 128. except it doesnt ask to restretch all channels. ive tried time stretching them myself but the samples original tempo sais it isnt 134, it will go from say 125 to 137. theres nothing in between and the tempos are differnet for each clip. the samples sound perfect at 134 but its just too fast. it usually asks to time stretch all channels but the clips just play at the same speed when put into a lower tempo. ive tried reselecing the audio clips. and ive tried deleting the channels and re-loading them into channels and i cant find anything that wil work. autodetecting for time stretch is also no help at all. someone please help its getting VERY annoying.

thanks in advance.
danred

DaNReD

BBS Signature
varrin7
varrin7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-10 07:51:21 Reply

are there any realistic sounding string vsts that are free to download, or anyway I can make the strings on fl studio sound more realistic?

===========================< Need a soundtrack for your game or flash? A score for your film perhaps?>==========================

BBS Signature
varrin7
varrin7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-10 08:03:24 Reply

also does anyone know of any good tutorials covering classical music making in fl?

===========================< Need a soundtrack for your game or flash? A score for your film perhaps?>==========================

BBS Signature
varrin7
varrin7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-10 08:23:22 Reply

lol nevermind disregard both of my previous comments!

BBS Signature
Jala-Fox
Jala-Fox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-10 12:32:10 Reply

danredda,
You can't change the tempo of wav's like that, just samples.

KamikazePanda says: Fuck dude, I think I may have oral cancer.
You respond: I told you to stop.
BE SAFE KIDS, USE AN e-CONDOM.

BBS Signature
danredda
danredda
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-10 18:26:01 Reply

At 5/10/09 12:32 PM, Jala-Fox wrote: danredda,
You can't change the tempo of wav's like that, just samples.

so the tempo of wav files wont auto restretch?

DaNReD

BBS Signature
LightKeeper
LightKeeper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-10 21:36:48 Reply

To keep from restating anything else that I've already stated I'll just say my question is here. I'm experiencing issues with lag in FL, and I'm wondering if it's the way I have things set up or if there's something in FL causing this lag.

liqourish
liqourish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-11 01:45:55 Reply

At 5/10/09 09:36 PM, LightKeeper wrote: To keep from restating anything else that I've already stated I'll just say my question is here. I'm experiencing issues with lag in FL, and I'm wondering if it's the way I have things set up or if there's something in FL causing this lag.

lag is probably from ur comp buffing the sounds. (too much cuzs a large lag and too little with leave u with crackles)
do:
click options->audio settings->select ur buffer rate

BBS Signature
liqourish
liqourish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-11 01:52:00 Reply

how does one change the color of the tabs on a channel? (like the autiomation clips)

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

BBS Signature
xKore
xKore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-11 02:59:35 Reply

At 5/11/09 01:52 AM, liqourish wrote: how does one change the color of the tabs on a channel? (like the autiomation clips)

Right click, and click on rename, In the right of the rename box is a square that you click on to change the tabs colour, it's the same for playlist patterns and mixer inserts.

liqourish
liqourish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-11 16:47:39 Reply

At 5/11/09 02:59 AM, xKore wrote:
At 5/11/09 01:52 AM, liqourish wrote: how does one change the color of the tabs on a channel? (like the autiomation clips)
Right click, and click on rename, In the right of the rename box is a square that you click on to change the tabs colour, it's the same for playlist patterns and mixer inserts.

omfg i cant beleive i missed that lol! thank you!

BBS Signature
CourtJester140
CourtJester140
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-12 15:20:07 Reply

How can I do those reverse cymbal crashes that sort of mark the transition from one pattern to another? I think it may have to do with increasing the velocity of a cymbal to a point, where the transiton occurs, and then decreases the velocity of the cymbal crash starting from that same point that it was increased to previously.....although I bet there is a much easier way to do it.

Also, has anyone tried using a Casio CDP-100 as a midi controller? I'm using a USB Uno Midi Interface as the midi cable, and FLStudio is picking up all of my inputs as random gibberish.

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-12 15:51:33 Reply

At 5/12/09 03:20 PM, CourtJester140 wrote: How can I do those reverse cymbal crashes?

In the sampler you've loaded the cymbal sample, check 'reverse'

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

CourtJester140
CourtJester140
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-12 15:56:37 Reply

At 5/12/09 03:51 PM, MICHhimself wrote:
At 5/12/09 03:20 PM, CourtJester140 wrote: How can I do those reverse cymbal crashes?

wow, i had a feeling there was an easy way to do it. thanks a bunch!

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-12 17:56:10 Reply

At 5/12/09 03:56 PM, CourtJester140 wrote:
At 5/12/09 03:51 PM, MICHhimself wrote:
wow, i had a feeling there was an easy way to do it. thanks a bunch!

It's what we're here for. Always happy to help someone out.

KrisSumara
KrisSumara
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-12 18:31:07 Reply

I got a question about the Peaker. I have a pad and bass playing, I use a 3OSC and pad for the fading effect and a bass, well for a bass lol

The problem is that I don't like how the inverted peaked pad sounds like, I dont like how it the volume turns on and off and has no intro/outro fade. A good example of what I want to get is this - Cool pads - skip to 2:30, the pads will come in and later the pads will have that fading effect, I tryed doing it with peak controller and stuff on fl but it sound out of sync and bad. I want to get a good into/outro pad thing.

Is making an auto clip and drawing the intro/outro's better than using the peak controller? or is there another way of getting the same effect

BBS Signature
Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-12 22:03:41 Reply

I think using an automation clip would be the simpler way to go. The peaker is better for gating and LFO stuff. Just add an auto clip for the volume of the channel, then have it rise and fall where you need it to.

How about you join the NGPD? Just what is the Newgrounds Police Dept.? Click the link and find out for yourself!

BBS Signature
vanguard182
vanguard182
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-12 23:44:31 Reply

could someone please enlighten me as to the way to adjust volume levels in FL studio? as in crescendos and decrescendos (other than adjusting velocities). thanks!

KrisSumara
KrisSumara
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-13 05:02:16 Reply

Umm, use the volume knob? or if you want ot make the whole song quiet-errr, then use the master volume knob in the mixer

BBS Signature
Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-13 07:44:30 Reply

Sumara, did you get your effects working? If you do, automation is always fun to mess around with. ;)

How about you join the NGPD? Just what is the Newgrounds Police Dept.? Click the link and find out for yourself!

BBS Signature
KrisSumara
KrisSumara
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-13 09:52:50 Reply

At 5/13/09 07:44 AM, Kaizerwolf wrote: Sumara, did you get your effects working? If you do, automation is always fun to mess around with. ;)

Yea I tried both peak and auto clips and I like making aut o clips more cause can controll them more. Its hard to explain but I get what I want :D

BBS Signature
vanguard182
vanguard182
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-13 10:46:10 Reply

At 5/13/09 05:02 AM, djsumara wrote: Umm, use the volume knob? or if you want ot make the whole song quiet-errr, then use the master volume knob in the mixer

when i adjust the volume knob, it adjusts that channels sound for the entire song. i'm wondering if there is a way to make an instrument quieter in one part and louder in another part?

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-13 10:48:01 Reply

At 5/13/09 10:46 AM, vanguard182 wrote: when i adjust the volume knob, it adjusts that channels sound for the entire song. i'm wondering if there is a way to make an instrument quieter in one part and louder in another part?

Right click the knob -> Create automation clip. -> Play around.

la-yinn
la-yinn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-13 11:50:42 Reply

It's been ages since I've posted here, haha.

I need a little bit of help with sidechaining in FL8. I know how to sidechain, I've done it plenty of times before but it's been a while and it's not working for me anymore. I'm halfway into a track with all sorts of mastering already done and I figured I'd sidechain a few different basses but it's pretty much not working.

So, call me a noob all over again, can somebody tell me how to sidechain from start to end? :f

Latest tracks:
Sub Marines
Chemosound

Slipstreamer
Slipstreamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-05-13 12:11:11 Reply

Check Shelters tutorial.

Certified audiophreak, lv 60.