HarraH
HarraH
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-19 01:44:56 Reply

Just a quick question...

I have 4 tracks on my playlist playing simultaneously. At one point in the song, 3 of those tracks stop and only 1 remains playing. However, because the other ones aren't playing, this one is louder. Is there a way I can stop it from automatically become louder (but instead remains the same volume as it was before) when it's playing without the other tracks, alone?

Thanks!

Dj-tom
Dj-tom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-19 03:17:39 Reply

yes thx, that is it!
O my god! thats what i want for 1 years of trying!

thx
DJ-Tom

Dj-tom
Dj-tom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-19 03:20:00 Reply

At 4/19/09 01:44 AM, HarraH wrote: Just a quick question...

I have 4 tracks on my playlist playing simultaneously. At one point in the song, 3 of those tracks stop and only 1 remains playing. However, because the other ones aren't playing, this one is louder. Is there a way I can stop it from automatically become louder (but instead remains the same volume as it was before) when it's playing without the other tracks, alone?

Thanks!

mabye with an automation clip? (go to mixer than set your track thats louder as one and that right click on the volume pannel automation clip. ) go to the playlist and put the AC in there. and than set the volume softer. mabye??

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-19 07:59:58 Reply

At 4/19/09 01:44 AM, HarraH wrote: Just a quick question...

Thanks!

Sounds like the 4 track at once are overpowering eachother this way. So that one track is 'ducking' when they all play. Would you mind taking a screenshot of your mixer when the 4 tracks are playing at once? Maybe it's just a mixing issue really. Though Dj-Tom's solution might as well work, I think you want a good mix in your song.

HarraH
HarraH
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-19 08:52:22 Reply

Thanks.

The bit at the end where the bar is red is where it becomes louder.

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-19 09:07:14 Reply

No no, the mixer. Thats the Playlist. This is the mixer:

How about you join the NGPD? Just what is the Newgrounds Police Dept.? Click the link and find out for yourself!

BBS Signature
oODeadToneOo
oODeadToneOo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-19 13:34:29 Reply

Hey guys i just have this problem with fruity loops. everytime i upload my own samples, when i play them they dont stop. ill play the sample and when i press the stop button once it keeps playing til the samples done. i have to press it twice in order to stop it all but this is a problem because when i make a song, the sample will play one more time than it should and it screws up the whole idea. anyone know how to fix this? it isnt delay.

Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-19 13:47:48 Reply

You'd have to slice the sample to stop it from playing the whole thing through. As far as i know, there isnt a way to stop it in mid play.

How about you join the NGPD? Just what is the Newgrounds Police Dept.? Click the link and find out for yourself!

BBS Signature
Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-19 15:20:13 Reply

At 4/19/09 01:47 PM, Kaizerwolf wrote: You'd have to slice the sample to stop it from playing the whole thing through. As far as i know, there isnt a way to stop it in mid play.

Let me help you with slicing it up.

Open up edison (go to a mixer channel, and click a dropdown arrow on the rght, just like you would add an effect. Select 'edison'

Right click blue area where the waveform will be displayed, click file> load sample.
browse for your sample blabla..

To slice it up in different parts righ click again, go to Regions > 'add marker'
You enter a name for this marker, for example 'slice 1'.
Then you can add some more slice markers, (press M for a shortcut to add a marker).
By left clicking and draggin them you can change the lenght of your individual slices.
Once you're done slicing up your sample, right click > file > save sample as.
Just save it with a similar name, maybe add '(sliced)' to the filename.

Then the slicing is done, and you can close edison. You don't have to take it off the effects, it doesn't matter. Add a new channel (fruity slicer).
Uncheck 'auto-slice'
Click on the second button from the left, above 'auto-slice'
Browse for your sample and load it. In the piano roll, you can now play the different parts of you sample, without it playing the whole thing at once.

HarraH
HarraH
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-22 09:37:14 Reply

Hey, if I have 2 windows of FL Studio 8 open, with different songs in each, how do I copy the riff of one piano roll to the piano roll of the other song? The most obvious way (copy and pasting) doesn't seem to work...

Need help asap, thanks!

Zenan
Zenan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-22 09:58:10 Reply

At 4/22/09 09:37 AM, HarraH wrote: Hey, if I have 2 windows of FL Studio 8 open, with different songs in each, how do I copy the riff of one piano roll to the piano roll of the other song? The most obvious way (copy and pasting) doesn't seem to work...

Need help asap, thanks!

I don't think you can being as they're counted as separate applications like that.
Open the song you want to copy notes from, then close it and open the other song and paste it like that.

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-22 10:24:27 Reply

At 4/22/09 09:37 AM, HarraH wrote: Hey, if I have 2 windows of FL Studio 8 open, with different songs in each, how do I copy the riff of one piano roll to the piano roll of the other song? The most obvious way (copy and pasting) doesn't seem to work...

Need help asap, thanks!

I definitely think this would be the best and easiest way.

UseWisdomWisely
UseWisdomWisely
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-22 10:43:45 Reply

Hey...are there any good string samples for FL I can download?

Also I have two problems with 3osx...first of all it seems too piercing, the second is that when I have two notes at once (a harmony), it sounds really bad, anyone know why??

Cheers.

I make music if anyone wants some!
Latest Upload

xKore
xKore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-22 12:39:06 Reply

At 4/22/09 10:43 AM, UseWisdomWisely wrote: Hey...are there any good string samples for FL I can download?

Also I have two problems with 3osx...first of all it seems too piercing, the second is that when I have two notes at once (a harmony), it sounds really bad, anyone know why??

Cheers.

string samples, search for squidfont orchestra in google, it's a good orchestral soundfont and free.

3xosc, try eqing or using less square/saw/pulses and more siney sounds. as for the two notes, maybe you're playing a very dissonant pair of notes or the notes phases are interupting eachother, play one of the notes an octave up or down, it should have the same harmony with less disruption.

Gorgorothx
Gorgorothx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-22 12:43:08 Reply

At 4/19/09 01:47 PM, Kaizerwolf wrote: You'd have to slice the sample to stop it from playing the whole thing through. As far as i know, there isnt a way to stop it in mid play.

I'm pretty sure there is a "force stop" button. It forces any and all samples to cut out. It may be one of the F1-F12 buttons, but I'm not 100% on that.

UseWisdomWisely
UseWisdomWisely
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-22 13:31:17 Reply

At 4/22/09 12:39 PM, xKore wrote:
At 4/22/09 10:43 AM, UseWisdomWisely wrote: Hey...are there any good string samples for FL I can download?

Cheers.
string samples, search for squidfont orchestra in google, it's a good orchestral soundfont and free.

3xosc, try eqing or using less square/saw/pulses and more siney sounds. as for the two notes, maybe you're playing a very dissonant pair of notes or the notes phases are interupting eachother, play one of the notes an octave up or down, it should have the same harmony with less disruption.

Thanks for the synth guide...and the strings, though I can't find any working downloads for squidfont orchestra...do I need some kind of special plugin for FL?

Latest Upload

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-22 13:44:49 Reply

At 4/22/09 01:31 PM, UseWisdomWisely wrote:
At 4/22/09 12:39 PM, xKore wrote:

Cheers.

Thanks for the synth guide...and the strings, though I can't find any working downloads for squidfont orchestra...do I need some kind of special plugin for FL?

A good orchestral soundfont... So you use the fruity soundfont player.
lol, I've seen so many people talk about soundfonts, though I've never used them myself.
Can someone explain me how they work? (I know how to use them, but what are they made of?)

Slipstreamer
Slipstreamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-22 13:48:39 Reply

DeadTone,

Un-check "Use Loop Points" in the channel settings.

Certified audiophreak, lv 60.

BBS Signature
Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-22 13:49:00 Reply

Sound fonts are basically like samples... Just compressed all together into one. So you can get a piano soundfont, which is just a piano sample -.-

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-22 14:02:38 Reply

At 4/22/09 01:49 PM, Envy wrote: Sound fonts are basically like samples... Just compressed all together into one. So you can get a piano soundfont, which is just a piano sample -.-

ohhh, that's nice. So actually it's like a zip with a bunch of samples of each note, and the soundfont player is just an unzipper who plays the samples based on the incoming midi data.

THE MORE YOU KNOW

Thanks Envy.

Slipstreamer
Slipstreamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-22 14:08:11 Reply

There multiple samples compiled into one file format that can be played at different dynamic levels and pitches.

THE MORE YOU KNOW :S

Certified audiophreak, lv 60.

BBS Signature
UseWisdomWisely
UseWisdomWisely
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-22 15:32:14 Reply

Right I'm all sorted now, thanks so much :)

Latest Upload

Mushroomhead18nc
Mushroomhead18nc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-23 15:46:56 Reply

Umm simple question.. Just lookin to learn how to use envelopes and stuff like that you would find more in techno music.. like the Swoosh sound on a buildup.. been lookin around on the net forever and cant figure it out..

also if someone has some tips on how to make some better drum sounds or a site that offers some good free ones.. that would appreciated also

lookin mainly for Cymbals and snare

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-23 17:36:47 Reply

Automation clips

How do i make the line in an automation clip go straight down?
I made a screenshot to make clear what i actually mean :P

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-23 17:46:09 Reply

At 4/23/09 05:36 PM, MH16 wrote: Automation clips

you take that last point you have placed there, adn you drag it straight under the previous one.

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-23 17:56:27 Reply

At 4/23/09 03:46 PM, Mushroomhead18nc wrote: Umm simple question.. Just lookin to learn how to use envelopes and stuff like that you would find more in techno music.. like the Swoosh sound on a buildup.. been lookin around on the net forever and cant figure it out..

also if someone has some tips on how to make some better drum sounds or a site that offers some good free ones.. that would appreciated also

vipzone-samples.com.

That swoosh sound on a buildup... Well you can do that in 2 ways, but I'm too lazy to tell you both.
1st way:
make about 8 bars of noise on edison.
Or download my premade sample here.
Then load the sample as an audio clip, and place it on your playlist (do this with channels > new channel> audio clip, then browse for the noise sample.
Now, assign the audio clip to a mixer channel.
On that mixer channel, you put a fruity fast lp.
then you right click the cutoff knob and select 'create automation clip'.
And you make it something like this, where the top is the climax.
I also suggest you to play around with volume automations to make it sound more smooth.

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-23 18:02:02 Reply

At 4/23/09 05:46 PM, MICHhimself wrote:
At 4/23/09 05:36 PM, MH16 wrote: Automation clips

you take that last point you have placed there, adn you drag it straight under the previous one.

I tried that, but it doesn't seem to work.
I set the ''snap'' option to Step and then i try to drag the point, but all it does is creating new points.

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-23 18:06:28 Reply

At 4/23/09 06:02 PM, MH16 wrote: I tried that, but it doesn't seem to work.
I set the ''snap'' option to Step and then i try to drag the point, but all it does is creating new points.

Uncheck this little one:

snowclouds
snowclouds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-23 23:25:25 Reply

hey, can any 1 tell me how to slide notes in fl? (i thin it's not the scissors tool)

BBS Signature
ViceOfFire
ViceOfFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-24 00:37:36 Reply

At 4/23/09 03:46 PM, Mushroomhead18nc wrote: Umm simple question.. Just lookin to learn how to use envelopes and stuff like that you would find more in techno music.. like the Swoosh sound on a buildup.. been lookin around on the net forever and cant figure it out..

I know your question has been answered, but here's another way (using Fruity Free Filter)

1. Right click on a sampler track and insert>3xosc.
2. Change all 3 oscillators to white noise (the symbol that looks like a heartbeat on a HR monitor next to the "?")
3. Using the piano roll put a note on middle C for maybe half a beat, or however long you want the whoosh to last.
4. Open the mixer (F9 for shortcut)
5. Go to channel settings of 3xosc (by clicking on it in the sequencer), and assign it to a channel in the mixer
6. Hit #1 dropdown in the right of the mixer, and go Select>Fruity Free Filter
7. Change the frequency to 10khz and make sure the "Type" is set to Low Pass.
8.Right click on the effect volume knob right next to the effect in the mixer, and click "create automation clip"
9. hit F5 and there should be a yellow automation clip there called "Fruity Free Filter (insert #) Freq envelope" left click and drag within the automation clip moves the vertices, right click adds them. if you click on the circle in between vertices you can change the incline.

Play around with this. Generally You will either have one that goes from bottom to top, or top to bottom with a corresponding curve in the automation.

Sorry it was so long winded and perhaps over-simplified, but I wasn't sure of the extent of your knowledge.