New Topic Respond to this Topic
Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-08 08:03:58 Reply

You need a basic long note, say a 4 beat C5 note that will play for the entire 4 beats. Add a sliding note somewhere in the piano roll, and this will add a sliding effect to the clip.

See Dj-Comet's song Rapture to get a good feel of sliding. (Comet is here on NG)

How about you join the NGPD? Just what is the Newgrounds Police Dept.? Click the link and find out for yourself!

BBS Signature
Phyrnna
Phyrnna
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-08 08:19:32 Reply

At 4/5/09 03:58 AM, Stannoman wrote: Can anyone tell me how to speed up.. or slow down the metronome :o?

Go up to the tempo box, right click on the number and push "Edit Events in Piano Roll".

liqourish
liqourish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-13 22:52:43 Reply

okay. FL Goes OUT OF TUNE sumtimes and its bothering the crap outa me. Idk wut is going on for the sound to be thrown off.

-i alredy have the sound patterns and stuff, and sum times when i add instruments or edit sounds it goes out of tune when i hit play.....
any solutions or why and how it happens so i can prevent it would be helpful

BBS Signature
Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-13 22:57:01 Reply

Next to the main volume control up top

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

xKore
xKore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-14 07:54:34 Reply

At 4/13/09 10:57 PM, Envy wrote: Next to the main volume control up top

you need to sort out your toolbar mate

Zenan
Zenan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-14 09:41:26 Reply

Anyone ever get clicking issues with playback in FL7?
Sounds like a scratched record...

Gorgorothx
Gorgorothx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-14 09:53:11 Reply

Yeah, it happens to me when the CPU load is topping out. Also, alot of delays/crazy fx can do it too (I think)

xKore
xKore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-14 10:46:47 Reply

At 4/14/09 09:41 AM, Zenan wrote: Anyone ever get clicking issues with playback in FL7?

It's your CPU/Soundcard being worked too hard.

Go to options > audio settings and change the sound thingy to the ASIO ones and see if that helps, if your computer supports it then it will help with that alot. If that doesn't work, turn the buffer slider up on your original sound setting, it'll give you latency but play back will be smoother.

Dj-tom
Dj-tom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-18 16:36:25 Reply

here is a link of a question that i posted by the wrong topic:
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1051 400

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-18 18:29:54 Reply

At 4/18/09 04:36 PM, Dj-tom wrote: here is a link of a question that i posted by the wrong topic:
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1051 400

Let's first repost the question...

"

hello. i have a question thats difficult to explain...
its about FL. ok here it go's:
there is a plugin, sytrus. and if you than choos a saw, like silversaw or hypersaw (its by all samples but i like that one) than by modulation(left) if U chance something there the sample is going to chance too. and its cool that in my music its changing. but i dont know how. i know that u can make a lot of sytrus patterns but that isnt cool.

srry for the bad english, i hope u understand..."

I think you mean you want a parameter in sytrus to be automated over the song.
In order to do this... Right click the knob you want to change automatically, then click on 'Create Automation Clip'
In the playlist there now is a little clip where you can add points and such, tweak this to your liking.

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-18 18:37:04 Reply

At 4/14/09 09:41 AM, Zenan wrote: Anyone ever get clicking issues with playback in FL7?

Some other options that might help...
Click Tools in the menu, then macro's > Switch smart disable for all plugins.
Like xKore said, turning up the slider also helped.
What you can try is disable/enable some of those checkboxes under the slider there, they might help too.

Also something I've found is (with 3xOsc), when you have big chords playing on a 3xosc with Fat mode and all that on, it creates a lot of 'voices'
Those voices take up a lot of cpu (especially when you're topping at 300-400)
You can solve this by going in the misc tab in your 3xOsc, and then setting the max polyphony to say.. 20, instead of '--'

I've only found that one out today

Picture to show where :)

HarraH
HarraH
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-19 01:44:56 Reply

Just a quick question...

I have 4 tracks on my playlist playing simultaneously. At one point in the song, 3 of those tracks stop and only 1 remains playing. However, because the other ones aren't playing, this one is louder. Is there a way I can stop it from automatically become louder (but instead remains the same volume as it was before) when it's playing without the other tracks, alone?

Thanks!

Dj-tom
Dj-tom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-19 03:17:39 Reply

yes thx, that is it!
O my god! thats what i want for 1 years of trying!

thx
DJ-Tom

Dj-tom
Dj-tom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-19 03:20:00 Reply

At 4/19/09 01:44 AM, HarraH wrote: Just a quick question...

I have 4 tracks on my playlist playing simultaneously. At one point in the song, 3 of those tracks stop and only 1 remains playing. However, because the other ones aren't playing, this one is louder. Is there a way I can stop it from automatically become louder (but instead remains the same volume as it was before) when it's playing without the other tracks, alone?

Thanks!

mabye with an automation clip? (go to mixer than set your track thats louder as one and that right click on the volume pannel automation clip. ) go to the playlist and put the AC in there. and than set the volume softer. mabye??

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-19 07:59:58 Reply

At 4/19/09 01:44 AM, HarraH wrote: Just a quick question...

Thanks!

Sounds like the 4 track at once are overpowering eachother this way. So that one track is 'ducking' when they all play. Would you mind taking a screenshot of your mixer when the 4 tracks are playing at once? Maybe it's just a mixing issue really. Though Dj-Tom's solution might as well work, I think you want a good mix in your song.

HarraH
HarraH
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-19 08:52:22 Reply

Thanks.

The bit at the end where the bar is red is where it becomes louder.

Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-19 09:07:14 Reply

No no, the mixer. Thats the Playlist. This is the mixer:

How about you join the NGPD? Just what is the Newgrounds Police Dept.? Click the link and find out for yourself!

BBS Signature
oODeadToneOo
oODeadToneOo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-19 13:34:29 Reply

Hey guys i just have this problem with fruity loops. everytime i upload my own samples, when i play them they dont stop. ill play the sample and when i press the stop button once it keeps playing til the samples done. i have to press it twice in order to stop it all but this is a problem because when i make a song, the sample will play one more time than it should and it screws up the whole idea. anyone know how to fix this? it isnt delay.

Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-19 13:47:48 Reply

You'd have to slice the sample to stop it from playing the whole thing through. As far as i know, there isnt a way to stop it in mid play.

BBS Signature
Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-19 15:20:13 Reply

At 4/19/09 01:47 PM, Kaizerwolf wrote: You'd have to slice the sample to stop it from playing the whole thing through. As far as i know, there isnt a way to stop it in mid play.

Let me help you with slicing it up.

Open up edison (go to a mixer channel, and click a dropdown arrow on the rght, just like you would add an effect. Select 'edison'

Right click blue area where the waveform will be displayed, click file> load sample.
browse for your sample blabla..

To slice it up in different parts righ click again, go to Regions > 'add marker'
You enter a name for this marker, for example 'slice 1'.
Then you can add some more slice markers, (press M for a shortcut to add a marker).
By left clicking and draggin them you can change the lenght of your individual slices.
Once you're done slicing up your sample, right click > file > save sample as.
Just save it with a similar name, maybe add '(sliced)' to the filename.

Then the slicing is done, and you can close edison. You don't have to take it off the effects, it doesn't matter. Add a new channel (fruity slicer).
Uncheck 'auto-slice'
Click on the second button from the left, above 'auto-slice'
Browse for your sample and load it. In the piano roll, you can now play the different parts of you sample, without it playing the whole thing at once.

HarraH
HarraH
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-22 09:37:14 Reply

Hey, if I have 2 windows of FL Studio 8 open, with different songs in each, how do I copy the riff of one piano roll to the piano roll of the other song? The most obvious way (copy and pasting) doesn't seem to work...

Need help asap, thanks!

Zenan
Zenan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-22 09:58:10 Reply

At 4/22/09 09:37 AM, HarraH wrote: Hey, if I have 2 windows of FL Studio 8 open, with different songs in each, how do I copy the riff of one piano roll to the piano roll of the other song? The most obvious way (copy and pasting) doesn't seem to work...

Need help asap, thanks!

I don't think you can being as they're counted as separate applications like that.
Open the song you want to copy notes from, then close it and open the other song and paste it like that.

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-22 10:24:27 Reply

At 4/22/09 09:37 AM, HarraH wrote: Hey, if I have 2 windows of FL Studio 8 open, with different songs in each, how do I copy the riff of one piano roll to the piano roll of the other song? The most obvious way (copy and pasting) doesn't seem to work...

Need help asap, thanks!

I definitely think this would be the best and easiest way.

UseWisdomWisely
UseWisdomWisely
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-22 10:43:45 Reply

Hey...are there any good string samples for FL I can download?

Also I have two problems with 3osx...first of all it seems too piercing, the second is that when I have two notes at once (a harmony), it sounds really bad, anyone know why??

Cheers.

I make music if anyone wants some!
Latest Upload

xKore
xKore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-22 12:39:06 Reply

At 4/22/09 10:43 AM, UseWisdomWisely wrote: Hey...are there any good string samples for FL I can download?

Also I have two problems with 3osx...first of all it seems too piercing, the second is that when I have two notes at once (a harmony), it sounds really bad, anyone know why??

Cheers.

string samples, search for squidfont orchestra in google, it's a good orchestral soundfont and free.

3xosc, try eqing or using less square/saw/pulses and more siney sounds. as for the two notes, maybe you're playing a very dissonant pair of notes or the notes phases are interupting eachother, play one of the notes an octave up or down, it should have the same harmony with less disruption.

Gorgorothx
Gorgorothx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-22 12:43:08 Reply

At 4/19/09 01:47 PM, Kaizerwolf wrote: You'd have to slice the sample to stop it from playing the whole thing through. As far as i know, there isnt a way to stop it in mid play.

I'm pretty sure there is a "force stop" button. It forces any and all samples to cut out. It may be one of the F1-F12 buttons, but I'm not 100% on that.

UseWisdomWisely
UseWisdomWisely
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-22 13:31:17 Reply

At 4/22/09 12:39 PM, xKore wrote:
At 4/22/09 10:43 AM, UseWisdomWisely wrote: Hey...are there any good string samples for FL I can download?

Cheers.
string samples, search for squidfont orchestra in google, it's a good orchestral soundfont and free.

3xosc, try eqing or using less square/saw/pulses and more siney sounds. as for the two notes, maybe you're playing a very dissonant pair of notes or the notes phases are interupting eachother, play one of the notes an octave up or down, it should have the same harmony with less disruption.

Thanks for the synth guide...and the strings, though I can't find any working downloads for squidfont orchestra...do I need some kind of special plugin for FL?

I make music if anyone wants some!
Latest Upload

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-22 13:44:49 Reply

At 4/22/09 01:31 PM, UseWisdomWisely wrote:
At 4/22/09 12:39 PM, xKore wrote:

Cheers.

Thanks for the synth guide...and the strings, though I can't find any working downloads for squidfont orchestra...do I need some kind of special plugin for FL?

A good orchestral soundfont... So you use the fruity soundfont player.
lol, I've seen so many people talk about soundfonts, though I've never used them myself.
Can someone explain me how they work? (I know how to use them, but what are they made of?)

Slipstreamer
Slipstreamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-22 13:48:39 Reply

DeadTone,

Un-check "Use Loop Points" in the channel settings.

Certified audiophreak, lv 60.

BBS Signature
Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-04-22 13:49:00 Reply

Sound fonts are basically like samples... Just compressed all together into one. So you can get a piano soundfont, which is just a piano sample -.-

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat