• 6,587 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 22nd, 2009 @ 12:05 PM Reply

Do i have to spoon feed you? Google search them!!!

How about you join the NGPD? Just what is the Newgrounds Police Dept.? Click the link and find out for yourself!

BBS Signature
Swerve
Swerve
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 22nd, 2009 @ 12:08 PM Reply

At 3/22/09 11:13 AM, micky315 wrote: how dp i get plug ins

Pray to the plug-in gods. If they favour you, you might be rewarded with their blessing and a 1 oscillator plug-in.

I once was Reservist.
Swerve - Rip

Swerve
Swerve
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 22nd, 2009 @ 12:10 PM Reply

At 3/22/09 12:05 PM, Kaizerwolf wrote: Do i have to spoon feed you? Google search them!!!

He probably does not know.

GOOGLE

I once was Reservist.
Swerve - Rip

StormEagle1984
StormEagle1984
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 22nd, 2009 @ 02:31 PM Reply

So I downloaded a sample pack as a .rar file. I then downloaded winrar to extract it as a sf2 file. Thats as far as I got. Someone please tell me how to take it the rest of the way to using the samples please.

StormEagle1984
StormEagle1984
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 22nd, 2009 @ 02:47 PM Reply

Bump!!! I still need help.

Apeirophobiac
Apeirophobiac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 22nd, 2009 @ 03:39 PM Reply

If you've got it extracted down to an .SF2, that's a soundfont. Just click and drag that from the FL Browser (whatever folder in there you saved it in) and it should just come right up in the Soundfont Player.

Let me know if that's not working.

S3C
S3C
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 03
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 22nd, 2009 @ 03:40 PM Reply

Is it an actual .rar file or a compressed soundfont? If its the latter, you need to download a program like sfark or sfpack to decompress it.

If your work isn't worth fighting for, it's not worth uploading on NG, period. (JrHager84)

StormEagle1984
StormEagle1984
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 22nd, 2009 @ 03:43 PM Reply

I stored it in packs, then dragged it into a new channel, the name comes up but nothing plays when I push buttons. It has the sf icon by it and everything its just not playing anything.

S3C
S3C
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 03
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 22nd, 2009 @ 03:46 PM Reply

Oh, well you just need to load the soundfont into the plugin "Fruity Soundfont Player".

If your work isn't worth fighting for, it's not worth uploading on NG, period. (JrHager84)

BlueKoalaClock
BlueKoalaClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 22nd, 2009 @ 03:56 PM Reply

Usually when I go to the piano roll, there's stuff that helps me to note fine pitch and velocity and stuff like that. But today I opened up FL Studio and I couldn't fing that thing on the piano roll! What do I do?

BBS Signature
StormEagle1984
StormEagle1984
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 22nd, 2009 @ 04:02 PM Reply

After searching and reading I figured it out! I just dragged it into the text box inside the window pane for the channel settings. Then I just selected the pack from there.

StormEagle1984
StormEagle1984
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 22nd, 2009 @ 04:04 PM Reply

At 3/22/09 03:56 PM, BlueKoalaClock wrote: Usually when I go to the piano roll, there's stuff that helps me to note fine pitch and velocity and stuff like that. But today I opened up FL Studio and I couldn't fing that thing on the piano roll! What do I do?

Just double click on the note that you want to change. It'll come up in a seperate window pane.

DevonAkins
DevonAkins
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 22nd, 2009 @ 04:09 PM Reply

At 3/22/09 03:56 PM, BlueKoalaClock wrote: Usually when I go to the piano roll, there's stuff that helps me to note fine pitch and velocity and stuff like that. But today I opened up FL Studio and I couldn't fing that thing on the piano roll! What do I do?

Expand the window and drag the window back up to edit the velocity and stuff or just right click on the note or double click it or something for more options.

meinsla
meinsla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 22nd, 2009 @ 08:35 PM Reply

I want to import an mp3 (vocals) which is about 4 mins long, and I want to add that as a separate pattern and then add instrumentals to the song. How do I import this mp3 so I can do this? I don't need to cut it up or anything, I just need it to play in the background as is.

Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 22nd, 2009 @ 09:11 PM Reply

Well, if you are using FL studio, you will need an Audio Clip.

Channels> Add One> Audio Clip.

How about you join the NGPD? Just what is the Newgrounds Police Dept.? Click the link and find out for yourself!

BBS Signature
blackattackbitch
blackattackbitch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 22nd, 2009 @ 09:11 PM Reply

At 3/22/09 08:35 PM, meinsla wrote: I want to import an mp3 (vocals) which is about 4 mins long, and I want to add that as a separate pattern and then add instrumentals to the song. How do I import this mp3 so I can do this? I don't need to cut it up or anything, I just need it to play in the background as is.

1) Open the folder in windows explorer, then click and drag the file from the folder onto the channel interface of FL Studio, and it'll open as a sampler channel.
2) Same as above, only open an audio clip prior to the drag and drag the music file to the audio clip channel page or the audio clip channel icon in the channel selector.
3) In the sampler or audio clip interface, click "open file", then browse for the audio clip that you want to open.

But make sure you're not using a copyrighted Mp3. Or else the audio portal will punch you in the balls.

Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 22nd, 2009 @ 09:14 PM Reply

It punches hard too. :P

BBS Signature
liqourish
liqourish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 23rd, 2009 @ 01:12 AM Reply

does anyone know of a good vst similar to 3xosc or better? bored of nexus and vanguard. no more presets lol...

BBS Signature
Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 23rd, 2009 @ 08:12 AM Reply

There isnt much out there with 3 Oscillators, but i would recommend choosing a preset from Nexus or Vangaurd and start messing around with it. See what you can do.

As for a 3xOsc replacement, i have to ask, why would you need one? Again, there is plenty to mess around with.

BBS Signature
liqourish
liqourish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 23rd, 2009 @ 10:07 PM Reply

At 3/23/09 08:12 AM, Kaizerwolf wrote: There isnt much out there with 3 Oscillators, but i would recommend choosing a preset from Nexus or Vangaurd and start messing around with it. See what you can do.

As for a 3xOsc replacement, i have to ask, why would you need one? Again, there is plenty to mess around with.

everytime i mess with it, it always ends up soundin like an organ or violin lol (with filters applied)

i guess ill dive deeper into the rat hole and c where that takes me. any tips to make gud techno sound will apreciated :D

BBS Signature
Anth0n
Anth0n
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 23rd, 2009 @ 10:58 PM Reply

I'm trying to link a volume control to a peak controller for a sidechain effect, which I've done successfully. The only problem is my bass (the thing I sidechained with a kick) is stuck at 125% volume up until the kick comes in, which is when the sidechaining takes effect. Even when I do "init song at this position" for 100% volume, the song inits at 100% volume but then immediately jumps to 125%. Can I fix this somehow?

Newest song: Eastern Emergence
Reviews/comments appreciated!

BBS Signature
Anth0n
Anth0n
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 23rd, 2009 @ 11:03 PM Reply

At 3/23/09 10:58 PM, Anth0n wrote: I'm trying to link a volume control to a peak controller for a sidechain effect, which I've done successfully...blahblahblah

Never mind, I fixed it. Just had to change the peak base level.

Newest song: Eastern Emergence
Reviews/comments appreciated!

BBS Signature
Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 24th, 2009 @ 08:10 AM Reply

Don't ask a question until you've completly messed around with everything that can be. :P

BBS Signature
zaporzan
zaporzan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 24th, 2009 @ 12:43 PM Reply

At 3/23/09 10:07 PM, liqourish wrote:
At 3/23/09 08:12 AM, Kaizerwolf wrote: There isnt much out there with 3 Oscillators, but i would recommend choosing a preset from Nexus or Vangaurd and start messing around with it. See what you can do.

everytime i mess with it, it always ends up soundin like an organ or violin lol (with filters applied)

i guess ill dive deeper into the rat hole and c where that takes me. any tips to make gud techno sound will apreciated :D

Check out all the synth tutorials on youtube and other places. You'll begin to notice how to create certain sounds and you'll get the hang of it.

lazyboyclark
lazyboyclark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 24th, 2009 @ 07:46 PM Reply

Most likely all of you know how to do this buuuuuuuuuut, I use pianoroll all the time and one of my soundfonts overpowers the other, which is supposed to be the opposite way around. How do I directly lower the volume of a channel?

BBS Signature
Swerve
Swerve
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 25th, 2009 @ 05:10 PM Reply

At 3/23/09 10:07 PM, liqourish wrote: any tips to make gud techno sound will apreciated :D

I'm working on a 303 tutorial, I'll put it up here next week probably.

I once was Reservist.
Swerve - Rip

Sytze
Sytze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 26th, 2009 @ 01:14 PM Reply

At 3/24/09 07:46 PM, lazyboyclark wrote: Most likely all of you know how to do this buuuuuuuuuut, I use pianoroll all the time and one of my soundfonts overpowers the other, which is supposed to be the opposite way around. How do I directly lower the volume of a channel?

There are two knobs left to each channel bar (you know, where you can add notes)
One is for panning, the other for volume.

chubby-chobby
chubby-chobby
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 26th, 2009 @ 07:52 PM Reply

At 3/26/09 03:36 PM, Neo-Fusion wrote: Ok I just got the trial since I probably won't be making a long trek into the thing..

Anyway, I was wondering when I get the piano (fl keys or whatever it's called) is there any way that I can make the notes like a fretboard or something similar to drag on to the playlist?

Sorry I am really new to the project and I am FL-illiterate.

I don;t get what you mean, do you mean how to piece different patterns together, or how to input notes of different pitches? Or am i missing the point?

And does anyone know of any good, free chiptune sounds that i can use in FL?
And can i use them if i only have the demo?

thnx

Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 26th, 2009 @ 08:19 PM Reply

The Magical8bitPlugin. Google it, i dont have a link for it anymore. KVRaudio might have it too.

But, if you really want some 8-Bitness...

8-Bit Goodness Made by me!!!

BBS Signature
liqourish
liqourish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 26th, 2009 @ 11:49 PM Reply

are under runs bad? i have alota stuff goin on and i set the buffer to max (16384samples@372ms) and i still get overloads@ 99% pc usage lol. it wouldnt destroy my laptop now would it?

BBS Signature