• 6,587 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Seriana
Seriana
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 01:35 AM Reply

Gentlemen

I reinstalled FL 8 in a different location when I was using 7 before.

Will opening a file automatically check the old locations for sound files and VSTs or do I have to reassign it all

Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 08:08 AM Reply

Let me first ask: why do you have 7 and 8? You only need one. It should find the VST's, as long as they are in a certain folder.

How about you join the NGPD? Just what is the Newgrounds Police Dept.? Click the link and find out for yourself!

BBS Signature
MaestroRage
MaestroRage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 09:37 AM Reply

At 3/17/09 01:35 AM, Pounce wrote: Gentlemen

I reinstalled FL 8 in a different location when I was using 7 before.

Will opening a file automatically check the old locations for sound files and VSTs or do I have to reassign it all

it will, but this problem can easily be solved.

Go to Options -> File Settings

In there click on the VST search folder, and target the old FL VST folder. At that point the files you open with FL 8 will know where the VST's are for it. This means of course all future VST's you install will have to be inside the old VST folder as well.

Natdaprat
Natdaprat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 01:41 PM Reply

Is there a good website with un copywrited midi drum loops I can use and edit a bit? I can't make drum loops and this song needs one.

BBS Signature
MaestroRage
MaestroRage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 02:39 PM Reply

At 3/17/09 01:41 PM, Natdaprat wrote: Is there a good website with un copywrited midi drum loops I can use and edit a bit? I can't make drum loops and this song needs one.

not an FL question is it? Better to make your own thread for that.

NateTheGreatt
NateTheGreatt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 03:06 PM Reply

I'm fairly new at FL Studio. I understand the mechanics but now I need to learn the techniques. I need to learn how to add a bass kick effectively into a song. Right now I just slap any old bass on and it sounds too shallow and weak and if I pump it up with the EQ it swallows other sounds.

What I want right now is to make my bass omnipresent in the song without it swallowing other sounds.
I need the bass to be powerful and surround the melody while still retaining the melody's power.

Can anyone recommend any techniques or give me suggestions on how to go about doing this? If my request is to vague let me know.

Thanks! :D

Natdaprat
Natdaprat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 03:50 PM Reply

At 3/17/09 02:39 PM, MaestroRage wrote:
At 3/17/09 01:41 PM, Natdaprat wrote: Is there a good website with un copywrited midi drum loops I can use and edit a bit? I can't make drum loops and this song needs one.
not an FL question is it? Better to make your own thread for that.

You can use midi files with drum plug ins, I'm just wandering if there's a good website FL users know of that contains midi files I can use for my plug ins.

BBS Signature
Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 04:25 PM Reply

Midi can be used in FL, but this isnt a question about FL. Midi loops arent REALLY free, because most things are copyrighted nowadays. You'd do better to find some other loops.

How about you join the NGPD? Just what is the Newgrounds Police Dept.? Click the link and find out for yourself!

BBS Signature
Seriana
Seriana
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 05:26 PM Reply

At 3/17/09 09:37 AM, MaestroRage wrote: it will, but this problem can easily be solved.

Go to Options -> File Settings

In there click on the VST search folder, and target the old FL VST folder. At that point the files you open with FL 8 will know where the VST's are for it. This means of course all future VST's you install will have to be inside the old VST folder as well.

Alright, I tried it myself anyway and FL found the files.

I'll have to reassign the VSTs though.

Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 05:58 PM Reply

Again, i have to ask, why do you need 7 and 8? You only really need one.

BBS Signature
S3C
S3C
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 03
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 19th, 2009 @ 12:55 AM Reply

Hmm, there's no way to use certain controls like select all, copy and paste (without overlapping the entire pattern) within Sytrus' envelope editor is there? Is there a more efficient way to edit the envelopes? Thanks for help.

If your work isn't worth fighting for, it's not worth uploading on NG, period. (JrHager84)

liqourish
liqourish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 19th, 2009 @ 08:49 AM Reply

how do people make those "cheering crowd" sounds on FL?

BBS Signature
Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 19th, 2009 @ 03:03 PM Reply

At 3/19/09 08:49 AM, liqourish wrote: how do people make those "cheering crowd" sounds on FL?

cheer far away from a microphone add some delay and reverb.

Or find samples on-line

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

GamerMan7
GamerMan7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 20th, 2009 @ 02:29 AM Reply

At 3/19/09 08:49 AM, liqourish wrote: how do people make those "cheering crowd" sounds on FL?

Vengeance Club samples have those crowd cheers I believe. You can just find some for free online and add some delay, slight verb and you're good to go.

Rave4Yourself
Rave4Yourself
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 20th, 2009 @ 12:10 PM Reply

At 3/19/09 03:03 PM, Envy wrote:
cheer far away from a microphone add some delay and reverb.

Or find samples on-line

Lol

Does that really work? It sounds like a hilariously unusual way to do it

SolusLunes
SolusLunes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 20th, 2009 @ 12:11 PM Reply

At 3/20/09 12:10 PM, Rave4Yourself wrote: Does that really work? It sounds like a hilariously unusual way to do it

Only one way to find out!

Gotta find mah shure now...

Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 20th, 2009 @ 01:22 PM Reply

Well, once you do so Solus, let us kno. I'd like to try them out!

BBS Signature
silencefreedom
silencefreedom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 20th, 2009 @ 01:57 PM Reply

My question is:
When I use multi plugins, the FL Studio reports 'Can't load the plugin' and crash down although the usage is very low.
Programs got error with FL Studio: EWQL RA, EWQL Ministry of Rock and EWQL Voice of Passion.
Can anyone help me? Thanks!

SolusLunes
SolusLunes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 20th, 2009 @ 03:01 PM Reply

At 3/20/09 01:22 PM, Kaizerwolf wrote: Well, once you do so Solus, let us kno. I'd like to try them out!

I found it, but my mixing board doesn't turn on... :(

dgple
dgple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 20th, 2009 @ 08:54 PM Reply

At 3/17/09 01:06 AM, MaestroRage wrote:
At 3/17/09 12:34 AM, dgple wrote: ok, heres a question: I can't seem to figure out how to install Autotune in FL. I installed it like normal, (click the .exe file, etc) but it won't show up in FL. I went to the mixer, and went to brose presets, and then refresh, but it didn't show up. Im not sure what to do from here. In the Autotune Program File there are folders named like Autotune VST and stuff, but they have .dll files in them. should i do something with these files? thanks to whoever can figure this out!
those dll files should go into your FL VST folder. If i'm not mistaken it should be

Image-Line/FL 8/Data/Plugins/VST/

Then FL should see it! During installation if it asked you to install the VST into a folder, this is where it should be installed.

So I did that, but there are 4 different .dll files, and none of them worked. Each file could not be verified by FL Studio. Even when I put all 4 in the folder it didn't seem to work... (for those who care, the files are called mfc(numbers).dll the #'s depend on which file it is

TheRzRpanda
TheRzRpanda
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 21st, 2009 @ 12:28 AM Reply

those dll files should go into your FL VST folder. If i'm not mistaken it should be

Image-Line/FL 8/Data/Plugins/VST/

Then FL should see it! During installation if it asked you to install the VST into a folder, this is where it should be installed.

If anything else (and if you're using a Windows-based computer), look for C:\Program Files\VstPlugins and try re-installing your plugins to that folder....

Just a thought...

Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 21st, 2009 @ 08:46 AM Reply

FL explains somewhere that it wants outside VST's in another folder. I install new ones in the folder "C:\Program Files\VST". The plugins made directly by image line, *eg. Morphine, Ogun, SAWER*, need to go in the folder something like *C:\Program Files\Image Line*

Try this!

BBS Signature
DJSnowblind
DJSnowblind
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 21st, 2009 @ 10:50 AM Reply

How do I turn effects on and off? I know how to create automation clips. I'm trying to muffle the first part of song and have the muffle turn off after a while, but the muffle effect stays on. What do I do?

New-Milkman
New-Milkman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 21st, 2009 @ 05:11 PM Reply

At 3/21/09 10:50 AM, DJSnowblind wrote: How do I turn effects on and off? I know how to create automation clips. I'm trying to muffle the first part of song and have the muffle turn off after a while, but the muffle effect stays on. What do I do?

Well if you wanted to, you could automate the frequency cut-off (assuming you're using a filter) so that it isn't muffled anymore. That's what I would do.

There's also a small knob beside the effect slot, called the mix level. You could also automate that little knob to zero, so that none of the effect is being applied.

Squll2
Squll2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 22nd, 2009 @ 04:57 AM Reply

Hey guys, got a really weird problem here, I must have done some but I dont know what.

Anyway, the problem is, my panning knob (in my step sequencer) or any panning at ALL (including effects) results in the changing of volume, if I pan to the left = decreased volume, to the right = increased. My normal volume knob still works as normal volume as well.

Appreciate any help at all! Thanks.

Music, yeah.

GamerMan7
GamerMan7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 22nd, 2009 @ 05:42 AM Reply

At 3/22/09 04:57 AM, Squll2 wrote: Hey guys, got a really weird problem here, I must have done some but I dont know what.

Anyway, the problem is, my panning knob (in my step sequencer) or any panning at ALL (including effects) results in the changing of volume, if I pan to the left = decreased volume, to the right = increased. My normal volume knob still works as normal volume as well.

Appreciate any help at all! Thanks.

options -> project general settings -> enable circular panning law.

Before you ask, if checked the circular panning is used, otherwise linear (pyramidal) panning is used if it is unchecked. If a sound is panned hard left or right, only one speaker will be active. This will sound quieter than the center position where both speakers are active, unless steps are taken to counteract this effect. Circular panning maintains a constant apparent volume by progressively lowering the combined volume of the L+R channels by 3dB as the pan passes dead centre. Pyramidal panning does not apply this compensation, so the apparent loudness will increase as the sound passes the centre position.

Also check out this video... just because it sounds louder with it off doesn't mean its better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnkyQsRiJ fI

hope that solves your problem

Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 22nd, 2009 @ 09:13 AM Reply

Could also be your speakers. One might be set louder than the other, or one may be damaged.

Hey, it's possible. :P

BBS Signature
micky315
micky315
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 22nd, 2009 @ 11:13 AM Reply

how dp i get plug ins

BBS Signature
Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 22nd, 2009 @ 11:28 AM Reply

That is not an FL Studio question! D8<

To get plugins, you either download them free or BUY them. Get a DAW like Fruity Loops to use them.

BBS Signature
micky315
micky315
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 22nd, 2009 @ 11:33 AM Reply

were would i find these plug ins

BBS Signature