New Topic Respond to this Topic
babyma
babyma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 3rd, 2009 @ 05:18 PM Reply

Hi, I'm new to FL and some things have been pissing me off about it. I know there are probably solutions but I haven't been able to find them, so any help would be quite peachy (because peach is a fruit so it would go well with Fruity Loops).

1) When I try to undo a resizing of a music clip, it doesn't work. It says it's undone, but it stays the same size.

2) It's a fucking pain in the ass to scroll through the instruments on the little index thing when you have about 50 of them, especially when it's not alphabetized by default and I can't seem to directly get to one through a search. There must be some way around this?

3) When an mp3 player like iTunes or something is open and I open FL, no sound comes from either iTunes or FL, and after shutting down iTunes, there's still no sound from FL, so I have to start over and reload FL.

4) Midi files I import don't have sound. Period.

5) The History folder closes every time I go back to doing something else, and when I go back to some point in the History, it scrolls back to the top for some reason, meaning that if it goes to a point I didn't want it to (and it often goes to a point I did not click on), I have to drag all the way back down and find it.

6) In addition to resizing of music clips, certain other things are not saved in History. I can't think of them off the top of my head right now but I'm sure there were some and I'm sure some of you have encountered them.

There were some other issues and if I remember them I'll post them up. Again, any help with the above would be great.

zirconmusic
zirconmusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 3rd, 2009 @ 06:12 PM Reply

At 3/3/09 05:18 PM, babyma wrote: Hi, I'm new to FL and some things have been pissing me off about it. I know there are probably solutions but I haven't been able to find them, so any help would be quite peachy (because peach is a fruit so it would go well with Fruity Loops).

1) When I try to undo a resizing of a music clip, it doesn't work. It says it's undone, but it stays the same size.

You can't undo clip resizing, but it's really easy to manually undo. If you stretched or compressed it (timewise) go to the channel settings window and right click->reset the three knobs on the main plugin page for the clip.

2) It's a fucking pain in the ass to scroll through the instruments on the little index thing when you have about 50 of them, especially when it's not alphabetized by default and I can't seem to directly get to one through a search. There must be some way around this?

You can make channel groups or rename your channels. It's not that hard to just quickly look over the titles and see what you want. For example, name your kick "KICK" and your snare "SNARE". If you have a few, call them "HEAVY KICK", "HIGH SNARE". Easy to read.

3) When an mp3 player like iTunes or something is open and I open FL, no sound comes from either iTunes or FL, and after shutting down iTunes, there's still no sound from FL, so I have to start over and reload FL.

That sounds like a problem with your soundcard. Definitely not an FL issue at all, I've been using FL for about 6 years and that has never happened on any of the 5 or 6 computers I've used it on. Make sure you're using ASIO drivers within FL.

4) Midi files I import don't have sound. Period.

MIDI is just notation data. FL needs to know how to play them back. The easiest way is to make sure each MIDI Out channel is set to the same port (say, port 1) then go to your master FX and add the "Fruity LSD" plugin. Set that plugin to port 0 (in the upper right of the LSd wrapper, change the --- to 0) and the MIDI Outs will send to it. Fruity LSD can use your basic Microsoft General MIDI wavetable.

5) The History folder closes every time I go back to doing something else, and when I go back to some point in the History, it scrolls back to the top for some reason, meaning that if it goes to a point I didn't want it to (and it often goes to a point I did not click on), I have to drag all the way back down and find it.

Can't help you here - I don't use history much.

6) In addition to resizing of music clips, certain other things are not saved in History. I can't think of them off the top of my head right now but I'm sure there were some and I'm sure some of you have encountered them.

FL's Undo doesn't cover everything. Just be smart and be aware of what you're doing so you can manually reset anything.

Sacrafan
Sacrafan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 4th, 2009 @ 08:32 PM Reply

I am trying to up the tempo of my song to 160 but then after i press play it goes back to 14 and i have no tempo automation clip up.

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 4th, 2009 @ 08:42 PM Reply

just make an automation at 160 and place it at the start of the song. you probably hit the record button without realizing it while it was still 140

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

Sacrafan
Sacrafan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 4th, 2009 @ 08:45 PM Reply

At 3/4/09 08:42 PM, Envy wrote: just make an automation at 160 and place it at the start of the song. you probably hit the record button without realizing it while it was still 140

OH THANK YOU ENVY!

CAGB7
CAGB7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 6th, 2009 @ 01:02 AM Reply

At 4/9/05 05:17 PM, Denvish wrote:
At 4/9/05 04:03 PM, Acid-Rain wrote: When I try to extend the thingy where you place the beats..... it extend to a limited number.. it lasts like ten second, how do you make 3 minute songs?
1) Click the Playlist button (or press F5)
2) Add loops on the appropriate layer by left-clicking

completely unrelated...how do you get screenshots like that? wanna teach me?

xKore
xKore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 6th, 2009 @ 02:58 AM Reply

At 3/6/09 01:02 AM, CAGB7 wrote: completely unrelated...how do you get screenshots like that? wanna teach me?

Press the Print screen button the right of F12 on your keyboard, paste into MS Paint and then crop it down.

Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 6th, 2009 @ 08:04 AM Reply

If you have a funny microsoft keyboard like i do though, you may need to deactivate the "F Lock" key. I couldnt tell you were it is, because it probably different from mine, but ah well.

How about you join the NGPD? Just what is the Newgrounds Police Dept.? Click the link and find out for yourself!

BBS Signature
Retribution-X
Retribution-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 6th, 2009 @ 12:49 PM Reply

I've made 6-7 songs now all saved as both projects and MP3 files. (I'm using FL Studio 8).

I tried uploading the mp3 files to Newgrounds, Bebo (I don't use this site, don't hate me for even mentioning it on this) and Myspace.

The audio still hasn't been uploaded to newgrounds after nearly 4 days
I get an error saying it isn't an MP3 format from bebo (its actually an MPEG Layer 3 file (*.mp3)
And it uploaded fine on myspace.

So, my question is, is there something wrong with FL8's saving system? or is there something I should need to know?

Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 6th, 2009 @ 09:50 PM Reply

There shouldnt be anything wrong with the FL saving function. However, make sure all the requirments for submitting audio to NG have been met (ex. 41 kHz, 8MB, etctetc)

How about you join the NGPD? Just what is the Newgrounds Police Dept.? Click the link and find out for yourself!

BBS Signature
Bobogoobo
Bobogoobo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 7th, 2009 @ 07:06 PM Reply

Okay so I just downloaded the FL demo. And I tried reading the help but it wasn't very helpful. I have no idea how to do anything. What I would like is a link to a tutorial like "Using FL for Dummies" or something. Btw I know almost nothing about music...

See this news post for information on a program that does all kinds of neat things with medal statistics.

Aresa7
Aresa7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 7th, 2009 @ 11:59 PM Reply

Hey guys! I'm pretty much new here and I just downloaded FL studio 8 (the demo version). I wanna remix a song but I don't know how to get it in there. Can FL import mp3's or just midi's?

Tzunami
Tzunami
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 8th, 2009 @ 12:10 AM Reply

At 3/7/09 11:59 PM, Aresa7 wrote: Hey guys! I'm pretty much new here and I just downloaded FL studio 8 (the demo version). I wanna remix a song but I don't know how to get it in there. Can FL import mp3's or just midi's?

FL Studio can import Mp3 files. You would need to go under channel and insert a audio clip, then search for the MP3 by clicking the small folder image in the box that pops up.

BBS Signature
runpoochrun
runpoochrun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 8th, 2009 @ 12:46 AM Reply

does anyone know how to make songs?? im confused

Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 8th, 2009 @ 10:04 AM Reply

Making a song is very simple. FL has some tutorials to show you how it's done, and has some preset songs to take a look at. Basically, grab a sample and make a melody with it. Place the patterns on the Playlist. Thats just basic.

BBS Signature
Mushroomhead18nc
Mushroomhead18nc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 8th, 2009 @ 11:17 AM Reply

for anyone that has questions.. just go to Youtube and type Warbeats tutorials.. They help alot and actually make sense.. he doesnt go off and leave ya behind like some tuts do..

hope that helps a few of you.. I know it did for me

mysterymusica
mysterymusica
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 8th, 2009 @ 03:23 PM Reply

Guys, a question please.

I've been trying to work with audio clips recently, and I'm facing a problem. Let's say there're two audio clips, and the second audio clip finishes in the middle of the first audio clip. What happens is that when the second audio clip gets to finish, it leaves behind strange kinda sound(a click probably). Any idea, how to solve this problem when matching two audio clips???

Thanks in advance for your help.:)

DJSnowblind
DJSnowblind
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 8th, 2009 @ 03:33 PM Reply

I just got Vengeance Club Essentials, and I f***ing love it. A lot of the DJs I listen to have used some of the samples, and I want to start using them too. But there's a problem with the synths; they only last half a second long. Is there any way to make them last longer so I can make leads with them?

DonJokeen
DonJokeen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 8th, 2009 @ 06:25 PM Reply

I have a couple question. I am trying to recrod my own rap unto the fl studio but I got the ASIO4all driver and all I get out of my cheap mike is screeching and my voice echoing. Also having a hard time trying to figure out how to extend my song longer then a few seconds. And how do I get raps I recorded to play in their entirety without having to hit the pause button and put back beats to em?

Thanks.

Mushroomhead18nc
Mushroomhead18nc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 8th, 2009 @ 09:18 PM Reply

umm theres a video about this on youtube as well.. I'll try to explain as best as I can... theres an option under your toolbar that has something that says loop record.. make sure that is un-checked.. and then go to your main mixer.. enable the line in to your sound card but make sure your volumne is turned down or else you'll get echoes and feedback.. then simply put it on song mode and hit record.. then record whatever you wish... after thats all done it should automatically stretch whatever you recorded to the new tempo or you have to edit it with edison..

I cant explain it well.. but go to youtube and type in Sampling with FL Studio.. theres a black guy on there with two monitors as the still frame for the video.. he explains it very well

Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 9th, 2009 @ 08:09 AM Reply

At 3/8/09 03:33 PM, DJSnowblind wrote: I just got Vengeance Club Essentials, and I f***ing love it. A lot of the DJs I listen to have used some of the samples, and I want to start using them too. But there's a problem with the synths; they only last half a second long. Is there any way to make them last longer so I can make leads with them?

Look for tutorials. Seeing as Vengence Club Essentials is not a part of FL Studio, don't ask here.

BBS Signature
Dj-FreeZe
Dj-FreeZe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 12th, 2009 @ 06:50 AM Reply

need to know how to record directly from the keys i am playing, i hit record.. where do the keys go ?

BBS Signature
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 12th, 2009 @ 02:30 PM Reply

Changing the tempo

I have a little problem with changing the tempo.
When i want to increase or decrease the tempo suddenly, how do i do that? With an automation clip?
Actually, i tried with the use of an automation clip, but it's not precise enough.
Take a look at this screenshot.

I'd really appreciate it if someone helps me with this :-)

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 12th, 2009 @ 02:51 PM Reply

Top right of the automation part of the playlist is a little | | |. Drag that to the right to make the automation clip taller. You'll have a wider range of tempos to hit when you do that. It may take some very slight hand movements but you can get it eventually.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 12th, 2009 @ 03:08 PM Reply

I already tried that, but it jumps from 113 BPM to 140 BPM. No matter how slow i move my mouse :-(

BBS Signature
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 12th, 2009 @ 03:10 PM Reply

Sorry for the double post, but i wanted to say that it works now. I was just messing with the wrong zoom-button :P

BBS Signature
SoulBlast
SoulBlast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 14th, 2009 @ 02:33 PM Reply

This probably could be the noobest question ever, but when I click to set the paterns Im gonna use it creates a bar to big, 4 blocks, I just want to change it to one block...How can I do that?

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 14th, 2009 @ 06:49 PM Reply

If you look at your step sequencer, you can see a little box with ''--'' on the top left.
Change the ''--'' into ''1'' by sliding it up with your mouse.

BBS Signature
blackattackbitch
blackattackbitch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 14th, 2009 @ 08:35 PM Reply

At 3/8/09 03:23 PM, mysterymusica wrote: Guys, a question please.

I've been trying to work with audio clips recently, and I'm facing a problem. Let's say there're two audio clips, and the second audio clip finishes in the middle of the first audio clip. What happens is that when the second audio clip gets to finish, it leaves behind strange kinda sound(a click probably). Any idea, how to solve this problem when matching two audio clips???

Thanks in advance for your help.:)

You'll have to edit the audio clip to not include a click. This can be done by sending it to edison, highlighting the end, and chopping off the tiniest portion of the end whilst having "declick" selected.

Or you could just initiate a fadeout of the ending tip through edison. Either way would work.

blackattackbitch
blackattackbitch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 14th, 2009 @ 08:37 PM Reply

At 3/12/09 06:50 AM, Dj-FreeZe wrote: need to know how to record directly from the keys i am playing, i hit record.. where do the keys go ?

Into the piano roll of whatever channel you have selected in whatever pattern you have selected.