New Topic Respond to this Topic
Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-06 08:04:19 Reply

If you have a funny microsoft keyboard like i do though, you may need to deactivate the "F Lock" key. I couldnt tell you were it is, because it probably different from mine, but ah well.

How about you join the NGPD? Just what is the Newgrounds Police Dept.? Click the link and find out for yourself!

BBS Signature
Retribution-X
Retribution-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-06 12:49:29 Reply

I've made 6-7 songs now all saved as both projects and MP3 files. (I'm using FL Studio 8).

I tried uploading the mp3 files to Newgrounds, Bebo (I don't use this site, don't hate me for even mentioning it on this) and Myspace.

The audio still hasn't been uploaded to newgrounds after nearly 4 days
I get an error saying it isn't an MP3 format from bebo (its actually an MPEG Layer 3 file (*.mp3)
And it uploaded fine on myspace.

So, my question is, is there something wrong with FL8's saving system? or is there something I should need to know?

Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-06 21:50:10 Reply

There shouldnt be anything wrong with the FL saving function. However, make sure all the requirments for submitting audio to NG have been met (ex. 41 kHz, 8MB, etctetc)

How about you join the NGPD? Just what is the Newgrounds Police Dept.? Click the link and find out for yourself!

BBS Signature
Bobogoobo
Bobogoobo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-07 19:06:36 Reply

Okay so I just downloaded the FL demo. And I tried reading the help but it wasn't very helpful. I have no idea how to do anything. What I would like is a link to a tutorial like "Using FL for Dummies" or something. Btw I know almost nothing about music...

See this news post for information on a program that does all kinds of neat things with medal statistics.

Aresa7
Aresa7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-07 23:59:39 Reply

Hey guys! I'm pretty much new here and I just downloaded FL studio 8 (the demo version). I wanna remix a song but I don't know how to get it in there. Can FL import mp3's or just midi's?

Tzunami
Tzunami
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-08 00:10:31 Reply

At 3/7/09 11:59 PM, Aresa7 wrote: Hey guys! I'm pretty much new here and I just downloaded FL studio 8 (the demo version). I wanna remix a song but I don't know how to get it in there. Can FL import mp3's or just midi's?

FL Studio can import Mp3 files. You would need to go under channel and insert a audio clip, then search for the MP3 by clicking the small folder image in the box that pops up.

BBS Signature
runpoochrun
runpoochrun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-08 00:46:13 Reply

does anyone know how to make songs?? im confused

Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-08 10:04:04 Reply

Making a song is very simple. FL has some tutorials to show you how it's done, and has some preset songs to take a look at. Basically, grab a sample and make a melody with it. Place the patterns on the Playlist. Thats just basic.

BBS Signature
Mushroomhead18nc
Mushroomhead18nc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-08 11:17:54 Reply

for anyone that has questions.. just go to Youtube and type Warbeats tutorials.. They help alot and actually make sense.. he doesnt go off and leave ya behind like some tuts do..

hope that helps a few of you.. I know it did for me

mysterymusica
mysterymusica
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-08 15:23:48 Reply

Guys, a question please.

I've been trying to work with audio clips recently, and I'm facing a problem. Let's say there're two audio clips, and the second audio clip finishes in the middle of the first audio clip. What happens is that when the second audio clip gets to finish, it leaves behind strange kinda sound(a click probably). Any idea, how to solve this problem when matching two audio clips???

Thanks in advance for your help.:)

DJSnowblind
DJSnowblind
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-08 15:33:34 Reply

I just got Vengeance Club Essentials, and I f***ing love it. A lot of the DJs I listen to have used some of the samples, and I want to start using them too. But there's a problem with the synths; they only last half a second long. Is there any way to make them last longer so I can make leads with them?

DonJokeen
DonJokeen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-08 18:25:31 Reply

I have a couple question. I am trying to recrod my own rap unto the fl studio but I got the ASIO4all driver and all I get out of my cheap mike is screeching and my voice echoing. Also having a hard time trying to figure out how to extend my song longer then a few seconds. And how do I get raps I recorded to play in their entirety without having to hit the pause button and put back beats to em?

Thanks.

Mushroomhead18nc
Mushroomhead18nc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-08 21:18:18 Reply

umm theres a video about this on youtube as well.. I'll try to explain as best as I can... theres an option under your toolbar that has something that says loop record.. make sure that is un-checked.. and then go to your main mixer.. enable the line in to your sound card but make sure your volumne is turned down or else you'll get echoes and feedback.. then simply put it on song mode and hit record.. then record whatever you wish... after thats all done it should automatically stretch whatever you recorded to the new tempo or you have to edit it with edison..

I cant explain it well.. but go to youtube and type in Sampling with FL Studio.. theres a black guy on there with two monitors as the still frame for the video.. he explains it very well

Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-09 08:09:08 Reply

At 3/8/09 03:33 PM, DJSnowblind wrote: I just got Vengeance Club Essentials, and I f***ing love it. A lot of the DJs I listen to have used some of the samples, and I want to start using them too. But there's a problem with the synths; they only last half a second long. Is there any way to make them last longer so I can make leads with them?

Look for tutorials. Seeing as Vengence Club Essentials is not a part of FL Studio, don't ask here.

BBS Signature
Dj-FreeZe
Dj-FreeZe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-12 06:50:43 Reply

need to know how to record directly from the keys i am playing, i hit record.. where do the keys go ?

BBS Signature
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-12 14:30:45 Reply

Changing the tempo

I have a little problem with changing the tempo.
When i want to increase or decrease the tempo suddenly, how do i do that? With an automation clip?
Actually, i tried with the use of an automation clip, but it's not precise enough.
Take a look at this screenshot.

I'd really appreciate it if someone helps me with this :-)

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-12 14:51:42 Reply

Top right of the automation part of the playlist is a little | | |. Drag that to the right to make the automation clip taller. You'll have a wider range of tempos to hit when you do that. It may take some very slight hand movements but you can get it eventually.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote: the brilliant songs who create a production for music Wat

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-12 15:08:18 Reply

I already tried that, but it jumps from 113 BPM to 140 BPM. No matter how slow i move my mouse :-(

BBS Signature
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-12 15:10:02 Reply

Sorry for the double post, but i wanted to say that it works now. I was just messing with the wrong zoom-button :P

BBS Signature
SoulBlast
SoulBlast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-14 14:33:39 Reply

This probably could be the noobest question ever, but when I click to set the paterns Im gonna use it creates a bar to big, 4 blocks, I just want to change it to one block...How can I do that?

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-14 18:49:10 Reply

If you look at your step sequencer, you can see a little box with ''--'' on the top left.
Change the ''--'' into ''1'' by sliding it up with your mouse.

BBS Signature
blackattackbitch
blackattackbitch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-14 20:35:43 Reply

At 3/8/09 03:23 PM, mysterymusica wrote: Guys, a question please.

I've been trying to work with audio clips recently, and I'm facing a problem. Let's say there're two audio clips, and the second audio clip finishes in the middle of the first audio clip. What happens is that when the second audio clip gets to finish, it leaves behind strange kinda sound(a click probably). Any idea, how to solve this problem when matching two audio clips???

Thanks in advance for your help.:)

You'll have to edit the audio clip to not include a click. This can be done by sending it to edison, highlighting the end, and chopping off the tiniest portion of the end whilst having "declick" selected.

Or you could just initiate a fadeout of the ending tip through edison. Either way would work.

blackattackbitch
blackattackbitch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-14 20:37:38 Reply

At 3/12/09 06:50 AM, Dj-FreeZe wrote: need to know how to record directly from the keys i am playing, i hit record.. where do the keys go ?

Into the piano roll of whatever channel you have selected in whatever pattern you have selected.

SoulBlast
SoulBlast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-15 08:19:30 Reply

There are so many effects in fl studio, is there any tutorial, only about the fx in fl studio?
Or can someone teach me or something?
Like how do I make the song starts quite and get louder?
And more effects like that?...

Thks

Steven-Polley
Steven-Polley
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-15 10:22:14 Reply

At 3/15/09 08:19 AM, SoulBlast wrote: There are so many effects in fl studio, is there any tutorial, only about the fx in fl studio?
Or can someone teach me or something?
Like how do I make the song starts quite and get louder?
And more effects like that?...

Thks

Well actually if you want, you can add me on msn:

steven@shiftyaudio.com

I also just wanted to point out that fading the volume slider is not an effect, but that's called automation, which is a whole different game. FX are the plugins you can put in the mixer.

Want a cool TF2-based and Minecraft gaming forum? Check us out WDZClan.com We're the largest pub TF2 community on Steam! Also, check out my Youtube!

BBS Signature
Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-15 13:16:01 Reply

I notice that when i record a song with the Edison editor, all the pops and crackles i heard with the song dont show. I also found that it's more useful than waiting for FL to render a file :P

BBS Signature
Steven-Polley
Steven-Polley
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-15 13:57:55 Reply

At 3/15/09 01:16 PM, Kaizerwolf wrote: I notice that when i record a song with the Edison editor, all the pops and crackles i heard with the song dont show. I also found that it's more useful than waiting for FL to render a file :P

I've done this before. I too have noticed that when you use the traditional method to export a song... it does sound different. Everything gets lowpassed automatically for some reason... right around 18,000Hz. I have no clue why.

The only downside to the method you're suggesting is if your CPU is hitting 100%, then you fucked... but CPU issues have never been a problem for me, since I got my new compooter.

Want a cool TF2-based and Minecraft gaming forum? Check us out WDZClan.com We're the largest pub TF2 community on Steam! Also, check out my Youtube!

BBS Signature
dgple
dgple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-17 00:34:16 Reply

ok, heres a question: I can't seem to figure out how to install Autotune in FL. I installed it like normal, (click the .exe file, etc) but it won't show up in FL. I went to the mixer, and went to brose presets, and then refresh, but it didn't show up. Im not sure what to do from here. In the Autotune Program File there are folders named like Autotune VST and stuff, but they have .dll files in them. should i do something with these files? thanks to whoever can figure this out!

MaestroRage
MaestroRage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-17 01:06:52 Reply

At 3/17/09 12:34 AM, dgple wrote: ok, heres a question: I can't seem to figure out how to install Autotune in FL. I installed it like normal, (click the .exe file, etc) but it won't show up in FL. I went to the mixer, and went to brose presets, and then refresh, but it didn't show up. Im not sure what to do from here. In the Autotune Program File there are folders named like Autotune VST and stuff, but they have .dll files in them. should i do something with these files? thanks to whoever can figure this out!

those dll files should go into your FL VST folder. If i'm not mistaken it should be

Image-Line/FL 8/Data/Plugins/VST/

Then FL should see it! During installation if it asked you to install the VST into a folder, this is where it should be installed.

Seriana
Seriana
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2009-03-17 01:35:04 Reply

Gentlemen

I reinstalled FL 8 in a different location when I was using 7 before.

Will opening a file automatically check the old locations for sound files and VSTs or do I have to reassign it all